Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Sorry but your wrong too. My first point was in defense to him saying I was trying to get a power, which I have shown no inclination to do.
If you are scum, you can't seem too eager to get imprinted. Also, your plan does include you getting powers and is going to make N1 chaotic and it will be difficult to determine any lies that scum might tell about their night actions.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #2=-

Nevada (3) - Virginia, Colorado, Georgia
Montana (1) - Alaska

Not Voting (8) - Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, Ohio

7 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #2=-

Alaska (2) - Alaska, Nevada
Virginia (2) - Alaska, Nevada
Arizona (1) - Nevada
Colorado (1) - Nevada
Florida (1) - Nevada
Georgia (1) - Nevada
Hawaii (1) - Nevada
Iowa (1) - Nevada
Kansas (1) - Nevada
Montana (1) - Nevada
Nevada (1) - Nevada
Ohio (1) - Nevada

7 to imprint.

If three consecutive days and nights go by with no deaths, I'll declare the game a draw. Standard Happily Ever After clause.
no no no
Last edited by iamausername on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Ugh not too fond of the this added rule.
iamausername wrote:
If three consecutive days and nights go by with no deaths, I'll declare the game a draw. Standard Happily Ever After clause.
As without it town can win 100% of the time, but the mod has spoken. So then with the easy town win off the table I guess it's time to get down to business and apparently by business I mean a discussion on imprinting.

So
@Everyone
where do you stand on it, what level do you think is best (Imprint all, most, few, one or none) and
why
?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

If you wanted to be sneaky with the new rule, we could neveri mprint someone, scum hunt as normal, and if we ever looked in trouble just vote No Lynch 3 timesi na a row to get out of it with a draw.

0% chance of loss :D

But again, boring as batshit etc.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Heh with the new rule it's 8-4 nightless if we don't imprint and even if we mislynch 3 times in a row we can just force a draw. I like it!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by iamausername »

I should probably not make modding decisions like that when I'm half asleep. New rule was totally ill-considered and unnecessary, I'm scrapping it.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

In that case town wins 100% of the time,

Step 1: Select someone at random for imprinting.
Step 2: Vote No Lynch
Step 3: Following day vote the same person for imprinting.

Rinse and repeat a few dozen times until that player claims to have confirmed investigations on each player. By confirmed I mean investigate each player twice and see if the results match, if they don't reinvestigate.

Step 4: The inprinted player gives us the mafia.
Step 5: We lynch the player who gave us the list.
Step 6: If they are town we hang everyone on said list, if they are scum we start agian at Step 1.

Town literally can't lose.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Sorry mate, will stop searching for cheesy workarounds. Go to bed :P
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

EBYOP:

Town always wins rather if you remove the new rule, however with the new rule in place, Town can't lose as they can always force a draw before then.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Button. There is a rule that comes into force called the 'do not kill the game law'. It states that no matter what the offiial game rules are, if you kill the game, no one has fun and the very entity you were trying to win dies. Because you killed it.

So whatever the rule that stops that loophole will eventually be, let's just assume it's there now and for our own good rock the kasbah mafia style.

Sound good?
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Sorry its just whenever I'm faced by a system I don't haven't used before (like this imprinting thing) I try to break it down and see how it can be used best, which lead to me playing a rousing game of theory rather then mafia.

Now I'd like to point out the one problem with my Step by Step Guide to World Domination, while flawless it requires town to go along with it. Thus if town says no to whole no lynch thing over and over again it falls apart.

Now this seems to be a interesting if slightly problematic game design that I'd be interested in seeing play out. So while it is anti town to say so, if the general consensuses is lets play it out. I'm prepared to say;

No lynches? Sounds boring, Fuck that noise.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Good man. I sympathise with your devious mind, as you can see by my own musings I share it, but in the end forcing a win to either side means noone gets to play the actual game, and that defeats the purpose.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by iamausername »

The best part of all this is that your plan wouldn't even work, because I did actually consider potential game-breaking strategies when designing the setup, because I'm
not an idiot
. But I didn't want to say so, because I thought it might reveal setup info that I didn't want to reveal, so instead I've made a total mess of handling it when I could have just said that in the first place. Because I
am an idiot

Now, hows about you guys get on and play a game of mafia, and I'll get on and mod a game of mafia? Sound good?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Go to bed, grumpy man. :D

<3
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Iamausername says it won't work.

And I for one, refuse to participate in the breaking strategy anyway. No lynch is against my religion, for one thing.

Anyone who wants to do Buttonmen's plan, raise your hand.

I am hoping that after everyone tells buttonmen they won't do this, he will finally let go of this annoying plan and play the game.

What I think we should do: lynch someone today AND give imprints to a limited number of players who we think are town. I don't really care how many, but we should probably not stretch it too far. I think the lynch will be important because it will help with scum hunting later at the very least (if we don't end up lynching scum). It will help the people with night actions know where to look, and just help in general look for scum. Even though there are special mechanics in this game, we shouldn't abandon the things that are universal in a game of mafia.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:03 am

I'm personally thinking we should lynch without giving away imprints.

Giving away imprints without knowing any flips or having anything concrete to go off is not ideal, to my mind.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SC, you never answered my 21:
elvis_knits wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote: Perhaps we try a day without imprints and see how we go? Ugh.. that means we're in lylo if we mislynch.
How do you figure this?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Messiah »

ek wrote:What I think we should do: lynch someone today AND give imprints to a limited number of players who we think are town. I don't really care how many, but we should probably not stretch it too far.
I agree with this plan. We should probably imprint 2-3 people at most.

In other news, DeathNote continues to be scummy by misrepping and presenting a false dilemma in this post.
It's times like this..
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:10 am

Sorry EK, I thought the answer was obvious when iam posted in thread that the mafia didn't have a night kill. I didn't realise this. Normally 4/12 means 2 mislynches and lose. With no NK, it's 4 mislynches and lose.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:Sorry EK, I thought the answer was obvious when iam posted in thread that the mafia didn't have a night kill. I didn't realise this. Normally 4/12 means 2 mislynches and lose. With no NK, it's 4 mislynches and lose.
That's what I thought, but I just wanted to hear you say it to confirm.

The fact is that you did not know that mafia can't NK.

It should be obvious from my posting and mod questions on the first page that I didn't know mafia can't NK either.

This is almost certain proof that we're both town.

There is probably a small chance that a mafia member misread their role PM and thought they could kill. BUT, I happen to think that mafia would know very well what they could and could not do. Or I guess there's a chance that one or both of us faked our misunderstanding.

However, I think the odds are hugely in our favor on this. Neither of us knew that mafia can't NK. Therefore neither of us are mafia. Therefore we should be imprinted, and the town can be reasonably sure we are town. This is a huge advantage to us.

This is not to say that we should be the only ones to be imprinted. I think we should discuss other people too, and maybe imprint others if we feel confident enough.

But I definitely think SC is town. I know I am, but I wouldn't push for myself to be imprinted unless I thought it was proved to the rest of you. Look at the question I asked on the first page. I wanted to know if scum could use their imprint power at the same time as they perform their NK. (When scum don't have a NK if their imprint doesn't give it to them).

Imprint: SerialClergyman

Imprint: elvis_knits
Talk nerdy to me.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry for my delay into the game, as my signature says I'm currently semi-V/LA due to visiting home until the 16th of Dec. My Great Grandmother passed away and I flew to Connecticut from where I am stationed with the Navy in Sicily. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, so I hope you all can bear with me for the next week.

Now I'm heading off to catch up.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:07 am

Post by DeathNote »

Messiah wrote:
In other news, DeathNote continues to be scummy by misrepping and presenting a false dilemma in this post.
Wrong. There is no false dilemma in that post.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

I disagree with your claim EK. In no way should anyone be considered town for not being informed about Night Kill. Your essentially saying that both you SC didn't know that about the NK so should be considered town but there are other things to consider. For one, scum role PM is stated on the first page along with town and I don't see any mention of a NK in it, therefor, we can not assume that scum knew they had a NK.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

But that's the point -- the scum pm doesn't mention a NK because they don't have one.

I read through the sample PM's but not that closely. I think if I had actually gotten the scum PM I would have read it a little more carefully.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, I sort of assumed scum would get a NK to begin with.

Do you think it's possible scum would assume it also even if their PM did not mention it? And that nobody would figure out the truth?

I notice their PM also says they have a QT where they can talk at any time. Do people think it's possible that none of the scum team figured out that they don't have a NK? Or that Iamausername didn't correct them in the QT when they made some mention of NKing?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”