yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm fairly positive I originally coined the acronym RQS in a MD thread and I createdthe wiki article, but I also think RQS is dumb. So, firing back with a question:

KittyMo: What's the whole point of this method? It's a concept, and it beats RVS, but it's also poorly executed.

Here comes your answer:
yabbaguy: Do you support policy lynches?
Policy-only FTL. However, scummy lynches that are also utility lynches (lynching the annoying anti-town, e.g.) are favorable to me.

And there's your answer. Question #2: Now what?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
KittyMo wrote:StrangerCoug: Is it scummy to suggest skipping the RVS?
No. While I should have said earlier that Zachrulez made a good point in post #11, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about.
And this is my exact thought too. In fact this post really bothers me
Whose post really bothers you how? I don't think I'm reading this clearly.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
KittyMo wrote:StrangerCoug: Is it scummy to suggest skipping the RVS?
No. While I should have said earlier that Zachrulez made a good point in post #11, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about.
And this is my exact thought too. In fact this post really bothers me
Whose post really bothers you how? I don't think I'm reading this clearly.
The fuss that zach is making over kittymo on her not wanting to RVS and willing to vote on the first person to RVS.
I just think it's not that big of a deal and I didn't see what she did as scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:The fuss that zach is making over kittymo on her not wanting to RVS and willing to vote on the first person to RVS.
I just think it's not that big of a deal and I didn't see what she did as scummy.
My thinking also. I played along, did I not?

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Marvelous - Dr Evil.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

XScorpion (0)
Lowell (1) - Scott Brosius
StrangerCoug (1) - KittyMo
MrSuave (1) XScorpion
Nikanor (1) - MrSuave
Locke Lamora(0)
yabbaguy (1) - StrangerCoug
Scott Brosius (0)
KittyMo (2) - Zachrulez, Nikanor,
Zachrulez (2) - jasonT1981, Lowell
farside22 (0)
jasonT1981 (0)

Not Voting (3)
Locke Lamora, yabbaguy, farside22

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

yabbaguy wrote: KittyMo: What's the whole point of this method? It's a concept, and it beats RVS, but it's also poorly executed.
Yeah, I am aware of the fact that I failed. The point was to try a different start to the game that wasn't the RVS. I guess we'll see how much it actually failed later on.
yabbaguy wrote: And there's your answer. Question #2: Now what?
You're asking me to figure out what you should do next for you? o.O
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

See, I thought you had a purpose of some convoluted sort. I thought you were operating under the belief that somehow the responses were going to get us somewhere, hence "now what?"

So, if "nothing" is the answer... well yeah... it kinda failed.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by KittyMo »

yabbaguy wrote:See, I thought you had a purpose of some convoluted sort. I thought you were operating under the belief that somehow the responses were going to get us somewhere, hence "now what?"
Actually, I was planning to just wing it. (Which I guess is an oxymoron.) It would certainly help if more than 4 people had actually answered the questions.

Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

KittyMo wrote:Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
Oh snap! No you di'int!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by MrSuave »

Nik, why do you not love me? is your new meta for scum against me ignoring me? D= you should just play normaly, and I might not notice you being a spy.

so far:

Nik town = nik hunting me down, even if it doesn't make sense (korlash + grim pokemon)

Nik scum = siding with me and being nice to me (classic wolf... thing... manbearpig)

This game: ignored! =O *sirens* I new challenger is aproaching!!!

the fact that you told me before that that would be the last time you use that meta on me, makes me wonder about this cold shoulder silent treatment D= this is why you are scum this game. GG Nik, dun QQ too much now =p
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Lol wut? How am I ignoring you? I have written down in my notes here all nice and neatly that you are scummy for being quick to buddy me by taking my offered backrub. I just didn't say it because it could just as easily be a nulltell with you.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

KittyMo wrote:Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
Unvote: yabbaguy
Vote: KittyMo

If one plan for generating discussion fails, try another yourself. Don't ask people to generate discussion for you.

MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:39 am

Post by MrSuave »

is that so. well this still does not qualify as "Nik town" meta
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Kitty: why do you think you've failed? You obviously don't know how this is going to pan out later on, so this attitude strikes me as a little AtE-ish.

MrSuave: if Nik had been hunting you down from the start of the game, would you have had him as town?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by MrSuave »

probably. I would see him as being his normal self, untill he game me another reason to believe differently.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Since I apparently fail so much, what better plan would you like to grace us with?
Starting discussion by ridiculing questionable stances.

Done.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:Nik, why do you not love me? is your new meta for scum against me ignoring me? D= you should just play normaly, and I might not notice you being a spy.

so far:

Nik town = nik hunting me down, even if it doesn't make sense (korlash + grim pokemon)

Nik scum = siding with me and being nice to me (classic wolf... thing... manbearpig)

the fact that you told me before that that would be the last time you use that meta on me, makes me wonder about this cold shoulder silent treatment D= this is why you are scum this game. GG Nik, dun QQ too much now =p

meta is overrated you know. I have this discussion so many times I feel like I'm on repeat. If a play is scum and knows what another player expects of them as town would they not act that way to ensure their townness.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

StrangerCoug wrote:

If one plan for generating discussion fails, try another yourself. Don't ask people to generate discussion for you.
...that was my point. I was saying that if he seemed to have such a problem with the way I was doing things, shouldn't he come up with something different to do?
Locke Lamora wrote: Kitty: why do you think you've failed? You obviously don't know how this is going to pan out later on, so this attitude strikes me as a little AtE-ish.
While trying to stop the RVS from happening isn't as going as well as I'd hoped, I don't honestly think I've completely failed. Yabbaguy, however, seems to think so. The post of mine StrangerCoug just quoted was semi-sarcastic. Apparenty that didn't transfer over the internet well? :/

/leaving my house

"plz don't swear" -- N
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

KittyMo wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:

...that was my point. I was saying that if he seemed to have such a problem with the way I was doing things, shouldn't he come up with something different to do?
Someone says your plan A has failed, and you expect him or her to have a plan B as backup? I don't really know how realistic that is.

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

It has come to the attention of mine that "cough"#$%^@"cough" someone wants to change the voting mechanic from the required: Unvote to an optional rule. I'll open a poll to see if you people care/don't care about this.

This is a slight interruption, you may continue scum hunting/town hunting each other as usual. Carry on
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by MrSuave »

farside22 wrote:
MrSuave wrote:Nik, why do you not love me? is your new meta for scum against me ignoring me? D= you should just play normaly, and I might not notice you being a spy.

so far:

meta is overrated you know. I have this discussion so many times I feel like I'm on repeat. If a play is scum and knows what another player expects of them as town would they not act that way to ensure their townness.
yes, that would be the assumption. but this is a meta that has more than the proof on this mafia site. we (Nik and I) are RL friends, and he has never once spared me in a game, even if I was on his team. he is always out to get me, so that's why this has merit. yes, he continued his shinanigans in mafia, and when he broke away from that he was scum and I killed him for it =D. your argument has merit, but that only applies to people who mearly know one another in this game, or do not game together often. and yes, this does not mean that my whole case is perfect, but so far it has not failed me. and by your logic, Nik should be tunneling me right now, but alas, he is not.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 am

Post by yabbaguy »

OMG hit the wrong option... wanted to hit "no, unvote shouldn't be mandatory." Ugh.

No worries, I'll count your yes as a no then when deciding the fate of the unvote - DTMaster

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 am

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:
farside22 wrote:

so far:

yes, that would be the assumption. but this is a meta that has more than the proof on this mafia site. we (Nik and I) are RL friends, and he has never once spared me in a game, even if I was on his team. he is always out to get me, so that's why this has merit. yes, he continued his shinanigans in mafia, and when he broke away from that he was scum and I killed him for it =D. your argument has merit, but that only applies to people who mearly know one another in this game, or do not game together often. and yes, this does not mean that my whole case is perfect, but so far it has not failed me. and by your logic, Nik should be tunneling me right now, but alas, he is not.
Ah.
I'm confused then if you don't mind. You say as town he act as one way and as scum another. If he is acting in neither way how does that read for you about him?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lowell wrote:If kitty can keep up this intensity throughout she'll be an asset. If she can't than this will be a waste of our time. In general I agree with nik's assesment.

unvote, vote zach
. 39 and 41, taken together, rub me the wrong way. 39 is meta and 41 is defensive and meta.
Is it your position that people who make meta arguments are scummy then?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

MrSuave, I'm starting to think you're scummy simply because of your overconfidence in the early game. Believe it or not, overconfidence is a scumtell. It's how I always catch KittyMo as scum, hehe.
Anyway,
Unvote. Vote: MrSuave.

You obviously seem to want my vote anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”