Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I really don't see how we can lynch anyone but Kyle today.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

kyle99 wrote:So did you find a replacement for Qooq?
Not yet, because I sent the prod on Friday and have just now posted in the replacement thread. - ToD

Vote Count 3.1

Not Voting (5): hitogoroshi, Sotty7, Qooq, kunkstar7, kyle99
3 votes are required to lynch.

Current Deadline:
Monday, January 4, 2009, ~10:00 pm CST
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Kunk: Yeah, I suppose barring any other significant scumtells I would go for a kyle lynch at the deadline. Qooq really kind of let the town down with this one. :( If a replacement comes fast enough, hopefully I can get more information, because at the moment I'm not feeling as certain as Sotty that kyle is scum.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

REPLACEMENT TO THE RESCUE!

Reading now.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Nachomamma8 replaces Qooq. - ToD

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And here's my reads, folks.

Joe/Hito:

There's not really that much to say about Joe, minus his asking to be Jailkeeped. I don't see that as a scumtell because of his experience; I made the mistake of asking for protection in my first newbie game, sooooo... yeah. Also, newbies tend to enjoy the scum role a lot more than townie role (unless, of course, they are active scumhunters), so I don't think that he would relinquish his scum role so easily.

I like Hito's play so far. He has extremely consistant content, he's active, he's inquisitive...

Read: STRONG TOWN

Chaco/Sotty

Chaco lurked. Had he still been in the game, I would've recommended a lynch.

Sotty, on the other hand, came in, guns blazing. I really don't like how confident she was in Kyle's scumminess. This is because she replaced a slot that really wasn't under too much fire in the first place, and as a mafioso member, her focus would be choosing a target that she could get lynched before too much discussion passed, and Kyle would be the perfect target to do so. She's also much more aggressive than she was in another game we played in together. However, despite all this, I'm getting a fairly strong gut town read from her based on her questioning of Kyle and Kunk; they don't give me an opportunist scum vibe.

READ: TOWN

Kyle

Kyle began the game eager to begin, wanting to lynch people who didn't post, and complaining on how slow the game was going. He seems annoyed at the lack of content, but unsure exactly WHAT to post. His scumlist was crap, and he doesn't post amazing long catch-up posts like I do. His hammer reeked of scumminess (his excuse being "vote-hopped too much"), and his "It's LyLo" threat was most definitely and AtoE.

What makes me unsure to label him guaranteed scum is the fact that he just seems like an impatient person. His constant comparing of this slow game to other games in the beginning, as well as the premature hammer, all line up with his impatient personality.

READ: SCUM

Drowmage/Kunker:

Hmm, what? Drowmage? Who's she?

Kunker is the reason I don't want to lynch Kyle.

First off, I don't like hypocrites. Especially hypocrites who come into the game denouncing rolefishers in their first post, then go on to do some heavy duty rolefishing some time later.

He seems to post in spurts as well. 5 posts in one day, no posts in 3 days. 1 post on the 72 hour mark, no posts for 6 days. 4 posts in 2 days, 1 post in 4 days. You catch my drift? This smells of a lurker scum who is waiting as long as possible before posting again, and posting a lot in one day so he can have the appearance of activity. Now, I would chalk it up to the overall inactivity of the game; however, the first post of the game throws me off. More hypocrisy? You betcha! To show you exactly what I mean by that, here's some quoting action:
Seems like lurking is the worst enemy of Town around this site.
Promptly after, he begins to lurk.

READ: STRONG SCUM

So far, I'm feeling a Kyle-Kunker scumpair or a Kunker-Sotty scumpair...

Coming up next, interactions between those three players...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kyle + Kunker:

Kyle seemed a bit scummy in the beginning, but he also seemed to have a spectacular lack of a scumbuddy. That is, until kunker came along. Kunker didn't attack Kyle that much; when he did, it was halfhearted.

Take ISO 6, for example. He begins the post by stating "At this point kyle99 has dug himself a hole, and now knowing mykonian was town, his call to lynch kyle is all more valid.". Then, for the rest of the post, does he comment on Kyle at all? No.

He also tries to deflect the vote to other people a lot. When Qoop was active and posting, he emphasized his strong town read on her/him. When she/he began to fall into inactivity, he emphasized his Qoop town read again (twice, actually), then mentions what he found to be a scumtell against him/her. Sometime later, he mentions another Qoop town read, and yet another "oddity". This inconsistancy is extremely confusing to me, especially when it's in the same post...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kunker+Sotty:

This scumpair is here because of my tenative read on Sotty, and Kunker & Sotty's "Who's Kyle's scumpartner?" argument, and because Sotty doesn't belong with anyone else. She's hammering too hard on Kyle, and Hito and I are town. In other words, this is a scumpair based on process of elimination.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Welcome Nacho.

There are several instances in this game that are different than the last one we played together. One of those is that we are in lylo and another is the lack of actual content that got us here. I have been trying to push everyone along so we can find the last scum.

We have to follow the best the lead and Kyle is that. His answers to my questions have been very lack luster and even scummy. He's goon number one. Your intro post actually makes me feel better about your slot. Mainly because you seemed willing to call a bunch of people town and scum at this point would want to keep their options open considering how we are narrowing in on their buddy.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Why wouldn't Sotty and Kyle be a logical extension of those theories as well Nacho? I know you stated that Sotty was hammering too hard on Kyle, but couldn't it be an attempt at bussing a scumpal?
Welcome to the Network.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why wouldn't Sotty and Kyle be a logical extension of those theories as well Nacho? I know you stated that Sotty was hammering too hard on Kyle, but couldn't it be an attempt at bussing a scumpal?
5-2 LyLo is extremely good odds for a Mafisios(o? a?). All she needs is one more townie lynch, and she wins. So why would she come in with the first play of the game with Kyle as her first target when she doesn't even have a partner figured out for Kyle? I am pretty sure a smart Mafiosa wouldn't leave her partner out to dry like that.

Kunker, do you have any comments on my case against you?

Would really like to hear more from Kyle and Hito.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:09 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

As for comments on the case, I'll start with the posting style. I try to post as much as I can but I feel that every time I post I should be able to add something new or of value to the thread. I could make tons of posts saying "I agree with this person, I agree with that person", as many of you make good points that I agree with, yet I know those posts wouldn't have enough substance or wouldn't contribute properly to the town. Sometimes it takes a me a bit to find something of note or something I consider that will add to the thread.

As for the rolefishing, I simply needed clarification as to how the tracker would benefit us. I did not attempt to bring the tracker out, as it was pointed out that it would be better if the tracker lasted till endgame.

As for my contradictions about Qoop, that results from a conflicting view. When she entered the game, she was strong, directing most of the thread with good posts. Yet in this stage of the game, we are left with the possibilities of Qoop, Hito, Sotty, and Kyle as scum. As you believe yourself, Hito and Sotty are most likely town. This leaves, by the process of elimination, yourself and Kyle as scum. Yet this logical deduction conflicts with the initial read I got from Qoop. So I am trying to see if there were any slips in Qoop's posting that support this deduction. Those were the "oddities" I pointed out.
Welcome to the Network.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Nachomamma8 Post 210 wrote:
5-2 LyLo is extremely good odds for a Mafisios(o? a?). All she needs is one more townie lynch, and she wins. So why would she come in with the first play of the game with Kyle as her first target when she doesn't even have a partner figured out for Kyle? I am pretty sure a smart Mafiosa wouldn't leave her partner out to dry like that.
<3

I hate the term bussing especially when it is used before any kind of flip. Just because someone catches scum doesn't mean they HAVE to be scum buddies with that player. You need to study the interactions between the two. Bussing just gets thrown out to early and way too easily if you ask me.

Post 209 by kunk does rub me the wrong way because it insists that Kyle is scum like I have been saying. It's almost as if kunk knows a KyleScum flip is up coming and is laying hay for my mislynch tomorrow.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sorry for not posting, guys, I got Dragon Age for Christmas and it is slowly but surely consuming my soul.
Nacho wrote: Sotty, on the other hand, came in, guns blazing. I really don't like how confident she was in Kyle's scumminess. This is because she replaced a slot that really wasn't under too much fire in the first place, and as a mafioso member,
her focus would be choosing a target that she could get lynched before too much discussion passed, and Kyle would be the perfect target to do so.
She's also much more aggressive than she was in another game we played in together. However, despite all this, I'm getting a fairly strong gut town read from her based on her questioning of Kyle and Kunk; they don't give me an opportunist scum vibe.
emphasis mine.

That bolded section is the problem with this game. The instant CSL claimed jailkeeper, he became the perfect lynch target for town and scum - town because he was CC'd by our jailkeeper, scum because they could lynch him without providing any information.

By killing the D2 conversation kyle has, as you pointed out, more or less maneuvered himself into the same situation. You kind of hit the nail on the head that kyle is a good lynch target for Sotty REGARDLESS of role. It's a null information situation she's gotten in to, where town-sotty and scum-sotty are gunning for the same person.

Depressingly enough (especially since you're coming from a slot with no D1 or D2 content) you are in EXACTLY the same position.

A combination of lurking and bad play has really crippled the town here. The most persuasive reason for lynching kyle is not his d2 quickhammer, imho. It's simply that I could read Sotty, Nacho, and kunk tomorrow and trust them to provide content. It's not so much that I'm sure kyle is scum as that we NEED kyle to be scum to still have a fighting chance. Two players each killed the discussion for a full day - one was a townie and if the other one was a townie it's game.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Right now, I want Kyle to make a post defending himself, then I say we go for his lynch. The fact that he still isn't posting proves Hito's point, very, very well.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

hitogoroshi Post 213 wrote:Sorry for not posting, guys, I got Dragon Age for Christmas and it is slowly but surely consuming my soul.
I can forgive you simply because Dragon Age is an awesome game.

I also agree with Nacho. If Kyle doesn't come back in the thread soon with something helpful I am happy to put my vote on him. I think with Kyle's flip and a death over night things will become even clearer.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by kyle99 »

I'm driving home from snowboarding, ill post in 3 hours.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Ok, I'm back. I honestly think kunkstar would be a much better lynch than me for a couple reasons.

-Every single person kunkstar has voted has flipped scum.
-Lurked through almost the entire game.
-Was rolefishing and trying to get the tracker to claim.

I don't honestly have much to say, we don't have much content to work with, but right now kunkstar seems scummiest, so I'll
vote:kunkstar

Night guys :)
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by kyle99 »

kyle99 wrote:-Every single person kunkstar has voted has flipped scum.
-Every single person kunkstar has voted has flipped
town
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

kyle99 wrote: -Every single person kunkstar has voted has flipped town.
Every flip we've gotten has been of a townie, so do you think that this evidence is too compelling?

Vote: kyle99

Not impressed by your case at all.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote: Kyle

That was funny, but certainly not helpful.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:54 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

kyle99 wrote: -Every single person kunkstar has voted has flipped scum.
Lets hope this one does too.

Vote: kyle99
Welcome to the Network.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:59 am

Vote Count 3.2
kyle99 (3 == LYNCH) - Nachomamma8, Sotty7, kunkstar7

kunkstar7 (1 == L-2) - kyle99

Not Voting (1): hitogoroshi
3 votes are required to lynch.

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:13 am

You all agree that kyle99's been very suspicious, but you hold off on making any accusations until you're sure that he's scum: one wrong vote by the wrong person could seal your doom. A few of you consider kunkstar7's scumminess, but when kyle99 outright accuses kunkstar7 of being one of the killers, three of you finally decide that it's worth your time to get rid of kyle99.

You get into his office and discover... "Ooh, look, is that a knife?" asks Sotty7. You flash back to Trumpet's email to you. Moments later, kyle99's lying bleeding in his chair, his throat slit from his own knife. Yes, he was one of the mafia. You try to check his email to see if you can tell who his partner-in-crime was, but to no avail - he must have deleted that email. Even so, as you head back to your office, you feel confident that maybe there's a spark of hope after all.

kyle99, Mafia Goon, Lynched D3

It is now Night 3. Night will end after 72 hours or when all choices are in, whichever comes first.

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:26 am

This third night seems to have flown by in the blink of an eye. You wake up, feeling a sense of calm... which shifts into panic as you realize that although four of you went to sleep last night, only three are waking up today.

The three of you surviving congregate in Sotty7's office, where her corpse is sprawled over her keyboard. In contrast with the previous nights' kills, this one's actually fairly clean - just a stab in the back as opposed to the hacking over the bodies of GinzkeyPlatz and curiouskarmadog. A peek at Sotty7's inbox reveals what you'd really been hoping not to be the case: your dead corpse was the tracker in your group. Since you're all in the same room already, you figure you might as well stay there. You scan the faces of your compatriots, trying to figure out which one's responsible for the death of three of your coworkers.

You can tell immediately that this isn't going to be a pleasant task.

Sotty7, Tracker, Killed N3

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting (3): hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, kunkstar7
3 alive means 2 to lynch.
As this is LyLo, a deadline lynch
will still require 2 votes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”