890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by startransmission »

Foolishness.

I worked it out in my head that SOG had to be scum, and that there had to be a town guardian. So I figured I could convince people to lynch SOG, be protected from NK's, and not be a suspect during the days, and operate as a confirmed townie. Like I said, foolishness.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Well played from all factions (well, Darkness did make some mistakes).

Great game.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Dang, I knew Chaco was scum, but had him in the wrong faction. Which I guess actually means I was wrong. I would have been so hard after you Chaco, if only Helio hadn't posted that distracting piece of scumminess!
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, you guys were on me, and man Dramonic...I bet you think I hate you! Lol. Nah, no in the slightest. It was more of a thing I could attack. <.<;

Anyways~ Faraday is some pro shit.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Faraday »

The best thing that happened us was surprisingly the night 1 kill being blocked.

I figured if Chaco was lynched I'd be next, halfhearted vote on him day 1 looked really, really bad. I'm surprised start didn't look back for connections before voting, phew!

I was lurking when Sc/Semi went down, the smile on my face @ the double lynch was pretty big, tbh. Serial why did you claim? It seemed a really bad strategy, especially for the last scum in his group.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Faraday »

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/GS4bs8ZRwEHm <--- our qt. Idk what we said, doubt there's anything bad about anyone but yeah. Daytalk is a great tool for scum, and in general it's nice to be able to talk to someone during the day imo. Loved the set-up and I *love* the incantation idea (I see another set-up using it too, atm) it's certainly a good idea.

Also good modding Percy (and thanks to The Tracker for doing a great job while he was here) and I'd play in your games in the future, definitely.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

^^^^ Agreed. Awesome set-up. Great modding, thanks for the game!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Action Reveal

Night 1

startransmission attempts to enter the dreams of semioldguy
Magua guards semioldguy
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow attempts to kill semioldguy
SerialClergyman guards Datadanne/dramonic
Darkness kills Seacore

Night 2

startransmission enters the dreams of Deathsauce
Magua guards Snow_Bunny
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow kills Magua

Night 3

startransmission enters the dreams of Snow_Bunny
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow kills Deathsauce

Quicktopics

Shadow
Darkness

Mod Notes

Guardians are quite problematic, in that they block investigations as well as night kills. Notice that SerialClergyman guarded dramonic after the death of his partner in an attempt to sow confusion, but semioldguy was far too great an attractor of night actions that night. Claiming in startransmission's position is very tempting, but did cause the Light some problems.
Well done to the Shadow team in your accurate read of Magua. Losing the Guardian was a large factor in the Light's loss.
I'm glad we had a double Incantation at one point, and the heroic semioldguy's final Incantation was very good.
"Elder Dreamwalker" was a great claim in an open setup! Poor Darkness...
I'm glad the setup didn't get in the way of conversation too much, which has been a problem in some of my games. I toyed with the idea of making the scum teams unbalanced, but as this is my first game modding with this setup I wanted to make sure everyone had a fair fighting chance.

Best of the Winners
: Faraday
Best of the Rest
: semioldguy

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know your thoughts on the setup; the comments already posted have been quite helpful.

I really enjoyed watching this game unfold, and it was a pleasure to mod. Thanks everybody, and congratulations again to the Shadow team.

Advertisement

Sometime very soon I'm going to be starting a Large Theme, based on the Stars Aligned setup I've run before, but with some bug fixing. I'd be happy to pre-\in any of you (with the exception of mipe) if you're interested.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Percy »

Faraday wrote:I *love* the incantation idea (I see another set-up using it too, atm)
For anyone who is curious, this game is Vi's Mafia Reverberation. It is proving to be a very good read!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Faraday »

Eh, I've got nothing but good things to say about the set-up. I'd obviously thought it was possible the other team had a dreamwalker to mix things up but mipe's claim made it obvious that wasn't the case.

Also then I knew that they'd not have 3 members. The double lynch was great btw, good call by semi, not sure I'd have had the guts for that as town.

As for Mipe, well I think he was a little out of his depth. He seems a newer player and the mechanics seemed to overwhelm him, however I'd still play with everyone in the game again, so yeah, nothing but good things to come from it.

As for Magua, that was a good spot. As you can see we were unsure of the kill, and I was pretty sure the game hinged on it, really. (turned out it didn't as we didn't kill the cop anyway)I think his reaction to Sc's claim + start's gave him away, but there wasn't a whole lot else he could do.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

I so totally knew it from day 1 :P

So... totally... knew it :P

GG Shadows, you fucked us good.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Chaco »

Gotta say, I find Faraday's humor amusing as well. One of the best I've been partnered with honestly.

SOG, is still utterly amazing.

Dram, I want to kick you for lurking and not really explaining why I was scum. (For town) But I'm glad you didn't. :D
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Magua »

Thought for sure that Snow Bunny was a dreamwalker after Serial's flip.

By the end of d1, I was also convinced that Startransmission was a Shadow (Shadow know who they tried to kill, so obvious their target was guarded...). Had I been alive d2, I probably would've pushed for his lynch for still being alive as well, along with Chaco's. Never really suspected Faraday -- well done.

Both mipe's and Serial's play confused me to no end. I think town might've actually done better had Darkness not been taken out so early, because of the crosskill possibility that never manifested.

First time I've had a pr on this site. Need to work on not softclaiming so bloody loudly it seems.

=P
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

^ I agree. We weren't too worried about the other scum group, I don't think. Their early fuck up helped us a lot.

And I don't think you played your pr badly. 1 successful protect and being fairly obv town aren't bad, it was just it was either you or dram that was the Guardian from the reaction and we guessed right picking you.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hey guys, well played.

I lost a lot of mental strength when mipe got lynched. As was pointed out, I tried twice to derail his wagon with no success, usually because he's post again hehe.

So facing a seperate kill faction, unknown cops and then a town utterly suspicious of me, I couldn't summon the mental fortitude to really try to silver tongue my way out of trouble, and I thought I'd go for a bit of a hail mary claim that was actually pretty bad in hindsight.

So sorry I didn't put up more of a fight guys, but our team got done very early, town did very well to knock us off so quickly.
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Hey don't worry Sc ;) I didn't mind. I'd see why Mipe going down would be morale busting.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 am

Post by semioldguy »

/pre-in for your next game Percy.

I enjoyed the setup and theme very much. A well run and fun game.

Some Thoughts:

I thought the setup was both good and balanced and the guardians' role for scum led to having multiple utilities/options for use without being overpowered, which is nice.

Successfully "Taking someone down with me" was cool. :)

I would have preferred to live though. I haven't been living past a day or two though recently and think this makes I think five games in the last six completed games that I was targeted by scum on the first night (twice on a night zero) :(

My reads before my death were pretty accurate, I would have tried to push lynches away from Snow_Bunny and dramonic for the rest of the game had I lived. I've played a few games with both of them and felt I had good reads on them this game (being right about them doesn't necessarily mean I was accurate though).

I deduced that Magua was the Guardian and tried to sow a little doubt without casting suspicion on him while still giving a town read to hopefully distract the night kill to someone else but draw town attention for incantation. (He was killed anyway)

I don't think I would have gone after Heilograph on day three had I lived, for the same reasons I was unwilling to incant him the previous day. I would have went for Chaco and startransmission the following day.

I didn't peg Faraday until a short while into the final day, when I thought he was more likely scum than Chaco at that point. Even though it was lylo with two scum left I thought the town was in a very good position to win.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”