Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:24 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

ChiboSempai, 136 wrote:1. What's your favorite type of role to play as out of Vanilla Townie, Town Power Role, or Mafia?
2. Day is coming close to an end early on in the game (D1 or D2 I'd say) and if majority isn't reached the decision goes to No Lynch. Do you continue on with the No Lynch or push to lynch someone, whoever it might be. Perhaps you could target someone who has been inactive and coasting, or perhaps some other random quality.
3. About how many games of mafia have you played in?
1. Probably Town Power Role, although I haven't played a game as scum yet so I can't accurately answer this question.
2. I push for a lynch. Town should never No Lynch on either of those days, especially D1.
3. About 10, some of those me having to replace out.

Will finish catching up later tonight, parent's making me get off to go shopping. :(
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

xvart wrote: If you were looking for something else you never posted it. When asked about your observations of my reaction, you directed me to your observations of my post count, my post length, and the lack of me mentioning the specific votes.
So when you asked me about my thoughts on your reaction I directed you to where i had already posted my thoughts. If I didn't mention something there it's because I didn't notice anything else worth mentioning.

I don't see what your trying to get at here.

Now if you have a specific thing your curious about then ask it, otherwise I'm done responding to you repeating yourself in long wall of text after wall of text.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

ChiboSempai
- Why did you use random.org to pick three names for your second set of questions instead of just posing the questions to all players?

xvart's Post 141 is very good.
A_Squirrel, 148 wrote:@Confidanon: Was the game with PRs and weird roles here?
Yes, it waas called I Hate Vanilla. My play there was shoddy due to real life conflicts, but I'm sure it would be an interesting read.
hitogoroshi, 149 wrote:@Everyone else: You are all over reacting. I only skimmed your walls to text but I am sure that such long posts are completely unnecessary on page 6. I am playing a 25 person game right now and it works just fine with a 750 wc limit. Please try to tone it down, mkay?
Grumble grumble. (I'm dead in that game xD)
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Seregil »

First,
unvote
as it was a random vote.

I'll follow up on my last post. Of Confid and Chibo I find Chibo more suspicious. When I last made notes he said (p3 somewhere) "I don't like xvart's replies."

I didn't find anything wrong with them so maybe Chibo was trying to make xvart seem more suspicous at a time where he was being questioned by others.

Vote Chibo

ChiboSempai wrote:The fact that it's an alt account for someone else possibly just used to mess around is interesting (and it really pisses me off if that is true)
Agreed on the pissing off. I want to vote for him just 'cause.
I don't care, it's not my fault, I don't regret a single thing.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

ConfidAnon wrote:
ChiboSempai
- Why did you use random.org to pick three names for your second set of questions instead of just posing the questions to all players?
Having answers for those questions from 12 people (including me) all at once could be a bit much to take in. I'll either ask more ppl the same question or think of some new ones. They aren't too serious (the 2nd set), it was more to just get a feel for people in general and their playstyles since I'm sure everyone (including me) haven't been in a game with everyone else at some point.

---

As for when I said not liking xvart's replies....
ummm.... (reading back)

"Nobody is "jester hunting." I asked a question about game setup."

While it wasn't bad (which is why I used the adjective particularly and not flat out, and why I didn't vote him), instead of saying something simple like I had just asked about the game set up, he had to add that no one is jester hunting which seemed a little pre cautious and definitely wanting no suspicion on him. I mean sure no one wants suspicion, but just the way he said it seemed kind of off.

Anyway, time to go camping out for Black Friday, and when I come back I'll be crazy tired and going right to sleep, so I doubt I'm going to post for the rest of the night and tomorrow.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Aranfan »

I would like to request a vote-count.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Happy Thanksgiving folks. Since turkey and mafia are mutually exclusive, I haven't been able to add my amazing magic to this game lately.

TheButtonmen is town now because of his new avatar*

*not really.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:21 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Seregil, 153 wrote:First, unvote as it was a random vote.

I'll follow up on my last post. Of Confid and Chibo I find Chibo more suspicious. When I last made notes he said (p3 somewhere) "I don't like xvart's replies."

I didn't find anything wrong with them so maybe Chibo was trying to make xvart seem more suspicous at a time where he was being questioned by others.

Vote Chibo
I don't like this post. The second section sounds like your setting up an ultimatum of "One of Confid/Chibo is scum." Scum could easily do this, try to get one lynched, and then when they flip town say that the other (presumably town) gets lynched as well.

What was your reasoning behind singling out the two of us?
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Boxman »

Vote Counts are (mostly) available on request! Also, happy Black Friday! :P

Evilgorrilaz's V/LA until the weekend is noted. Prodding magisterrain. Prod will be sent to rite if he does not post before the end of today.

Vote Count 4 of Day 1

Aranfan (2) - TheButtonmen, ChiboSempai
TheButtonmen (2) - hitogoroshi, xvart
ChiboSempai (2) - ConfidAnon, Seregil
A_Squirrel (1) - Evilgorrilaz
xvart (1) - 5cvm
5cvm (1) - A_Squirrel

Not Voting (3) - Aranfan, rite, magisterrain

Current Deadline:
None yet, pending Thanksgiving and activity
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am

Post by rite »

Sorry I haven't checked in much; holidays and all.
Seregil wrote:
ChiboSempai wrote:The fact that it's an alt account for someone else possibly just used to mess around is interesting (and it really pisses me off if that is true)
Agreed on the pissing off. I want to vote for him just 'cause.
Seregil, who is the "him" here? Chibo or 5c?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by xvart »

TheButtonmen wrote:So when you asked me about my thoughts on your reaction I directed you to where i had already posted my thoughts. If I didn't mention something there it's because I didn't notice anything else worth mentioning.
But when I asked specifically about the content, you directed me back to the part about post length et al, which is not what I asked. Why didn't you just say "I didn't notice anything worth mentioning" then?
TheButtonmen wrote:Now if you have a specific thing your curious about then ask it, otherwise I'm done responding to you repeating yourself in long wall of text after wall of text.
I've only had to repeat myself because you kept missing the part about content, which you now have cleared up (finally); that being you noticed nothing worth commenting.

As for specific questions, you never answered me when I asked what you were fishing for (or what you were hoping to get) when you were eliciting a reaction from me?
ChiboSempai wrote:As for when I said not liking xvart's replies....
ummm.... (reading back)

"Nobody is "jester hunting." I asked a question about game setup."

While it wasn't bad (which is why I used the adjective particularly and not flat out, and why I didn't vote him), instead of saying something simple like I had just asked about the game set up, he had to add that no one is jester hunting which seemed a little pre cautious and definitely wanting no suspicion on him. I mean sure no one wants suspicion, but just the way he said it seemed kind of off.
I typed that the way I did for sensationalism's sake, hoping the reader would realize how ludicrous the entire conversation was (in my eyes); but I can see what you are saying.

xvart.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Seregil »

ConfidAnon wrote: What was your reasoning behind singling out the two of us?
As I said in my post I thought Chibo seemed more suspicious. Therefore I voted for him. Should I vote for the person I found less suspicious?

By your logic it sounds like one should not find more than one person suspicious at a time. That would be silly because there are more than one mafia.
rite wrote: Seregil, who is the "him" here? Chibo or 5c?
5cvx for the style of play.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Confid's got a good point and you're avoiding it. You said you thought out of Chibo/Confid you found chibo more suspicious, but why the dichotomy? Why is it only between those two players?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Seregil »

I have already stated why I found them suspicious and even said I was following up on my last post where I said it.

Here is the post again bolded for the relevant part:

Seregil wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:A) I think we should stop all speculation about a jester.
B) Question @
Seregil
any thoughts on
Xvart
so far?
I didn't notice anything scummy about xvart's posts. Maybe I just read them differently than Confid and Chibo, but I found their questioning of xvart slightly strange (e.g. Confid claiming xvart was jester hunting by merely raising the possibility and Chibo "not liking xvart's replies")

For the record I would be surprised if there were a Jester given that this is a mini-normal game.
TheButtonmen wrote: Even if there was a jester I would rather play smart and get a nonexclusive win then play badly and lose.
I tend to agree. So what if someone gets a solo win along with a town win? I consider it tied for first and not first and second place. If someone does a good job to get a solo win then I appreciate the effort.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Boxman »

No Vote Count this time.

Prodding A_Squirrel and TheButtonmen. Others may receive prods soon. Forcibly replacing magisterrain if he does not post very soon.

Also, lack of activity makes me sad. Will not apply deadline yet because of recent holidays.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:36 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Yea I've been back since yesterday, there's just really nothing to really comment on.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:45 am

Post by A_Squirrel »

Sorry guys, I'm here, just not much to say. Need some time to filter the last few pages through my head, and will have reduced activity for the next few days. If all goes well, I should be back to normal Thursday or Friday.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by xvart »

I don't see what the big deal about Seregil's comment, and I don't see it as scummy since in his response he referenced two people with contradictory statements to his own.

I'm fine with my vote on TheButtonmen. Does anyone else have something to say about him or to dissuade me from voting him?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Boxman »

*sigh* With no posting from magisterrain, I'm forced to replace him. Should he post before I find a replacement, great. If not...

Other prods may be going out tomorrow.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Aranfan »

I'm here, there's just nothing doing.

I say we lynch the lurker so as to save the mod trouble, and to rid the game of some dead weight.

To that end;

Vote: magisterrain
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@ Arafan
you want to lynch a role who is a null tell (due to never having posted) rather then scum hunt. Every time you post you seem more scummy....
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Aranfan »

Magisterrain has contributed nothing to the town. He has made all of three posts, only one of which contained anything worth mentioning, and that was to note that 5cvm is a jerk. He has hindered the town by withholding his insights and observations, and also by denying the town of any information with which to judge his alignment. Additionally, he has negatively impacted other's enjoyment of the game by slowing it down.

On a completely irrelevant note, did you know that pressure votes don't work if you say they're pressure votes?
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:16 am

Post by 5cvm »

TheButtonmen (2) - hitogoroshi, xvart
:lol:

unvote, vote: TheButtonmen
gogo bandwagon.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Definitely keeping my vote on Aranfan now. The mod already said he's going to replace magisterrain and yet you're trying to push a quick lynch on him. Completely not a town move at all.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Aranfan »

ChiboSempai wrote:Definitely keeping my vote on Aranfan now. The mod already said he's going to replace magisterrain and yet you're trying to push a quick lynch on him. Completely not a town move at all.
Saying a replacement is needed and actually getting a replacement are two very different things. In my first game on the site it took the mod a long time to find needed replacements, and sometimes those replacements would need replacing soon after. It can drag the game down terribly, and lynching is my only recourse against it.

Also, you never did respond to my answers to your questions.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”