Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I like my unvotes to be unvote: player. It really makes things easier. Besides, you really ought to know who you are unvoting if you are unvoting :P. If you're really lazy, you can unvote: . Just don't unvote. Thank you, and have a nice day :).
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

omg so annoying. Vote count please, preferably counting the batch of unvotes in the last page.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Jahudo »

yabbaguy wrote:@Jahudo-73: I don't think that's a valid scumtell, discussing setup and meta when I'm supposed to be talking about... wait, we weren't talking about anything. Also, it's an obv. hyperbole that I have been talking about just those two matters, so you're basically stretching a case on me, which is scummy in itself.

Why did you feel the need to suddenly thrust the question my way?
I wasn't calling your setup and meta talk a scumtell, but rather your lack of opinions on anyone when you asked other people for player reads. I consider that a scumtell.

You think my statement was hyperbole? Prove it. You had not talked about anything of worth besides setup (which includes setup strategy and theory) and meta. You said nothing to indicate a feeling over another player.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by CSL »

@ Mod: Due to real life issues, I ask that I be replaced.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, that should improve discussion, at least. Jahudo, I think that Yabbaguy has probably contributed more of substance than most players, even if on average his posts haven't been as cutting as they could be. That being said, in a game where nobody is talking, I think that his posts are perfectly reasonable attempts to foster discussion. Realistically, the only 3 that have discussed at what I consider to be an appropriate level are myself, Jahudo and Yabba...Cass is a borderline case. Albert, CSL and Khamisa have all been really terrible lurkers. Therefore, I recommend that we turn our focus to them, in hopes of prodding them to actual discussion and contribution rather than in-fighting amongst those of us who are active. We can cut to each other's throats later, given enough evidence.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Cass »

Very well, let's ask some questions then:

@Khamisa: who is more likely to be scum, Yabba or netopalis? Why?

@ABR: In this setup, is doc+nurse better for town, or cop+deputy? Why?

@Yabbaguy: So you think scum tends to lurk? In this specific game or in general?

@Jahudo: Do you think yabba's response to your attack was omgus, or something else? Why?

@Netopalis: Can you give us a top three of most scummy players? Preferably with some explanations.

For the mod:
Unvote: whoever I was voting
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

Whoa, wait a minute...Why are you narrowing your possible scum thing down to me or Yabba? It's entirely possible (and at this point, I think, probable) that neither of us are scum.

As for answering your question....

1) Cass - has been mildly active, but just enough to possibly attempt to avoid suspicion.
2) Jahudo - Not sure why, I'm afraid..I find him slightly scummy.
3) Khamisa - Lots of actions, no reasoning.

I left CSL off the list because he's being replaced.

That being said, my list is a total crapshoot, since, for the most part, people haven't said anything of importance.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Jahudo »

Neto wrote:That being said, in a game where nobody is talking, I think that his posts are perfectly reasonable attempts to foster discussion.
I don't think he was trying to foster discussion because he wasn't leading by example. If he was, he would formed his own player reads before needing to get reads from lurkers.

Pressuring the lurkers could help but we should not forget about the rest of us who are only starting to give contributions that matter (ie: what they think of other players).
Cass wrote:@Jahudo: Do you think yabba's response to your attack was omgus, or something else? Why?
No, because he gives reasons. I see OMGUS as a suspicion without the attempt at showing a cause. I need to see how he responds to tell if his reasons are valid coming from his point of view.

Cass, any reason you asked those particular questions to only those people? It looks like most could be answered by anyone, even you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 am

Cass wrote:@ABR: In this setup, is doc+nurse better for town, or cop+deputy? Why?
Cop + deputy has more bang for the buck.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Khamisa »

sigh...
Unvote: Jahudo

Cass: I think yabbaguy is more likely, because Netopalis just seems more eager to get things done. It's not very strong though.
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Cass »

netopalis wrote:Whoa, wait a minute...Why are you narrowing your possible scum thing down to me or Yabba? It's entirely possible (and at this point, I think, probable) that neither of us are scum.
Where exactly did I do this?
Jahudo wrote:Cass, any reason you asked those particular questions to only those people? It looks like most could be answered by anyone, even you.
I just made up a bunch of semi-random questios, to force people to say something, maybe start sa discussion. An attempt to increase involvement in this game.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Netopalis »

Cass wrote:Very well, let's ask some questions then:

@Khamisa: who is more likely to be scum, Yabba or netopalis? Why?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 am

Post by Cass »

That was a question to khamisa, not my opinion. If it was, I would have said so. I'm not the cryptic/suggestive type of person, I prefer to be blunt and clear with my opinions when I give them.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:22 am

Post by Netopalis »

Fair enough, I guess, but why did you ask only about the two of us?

Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Khamisa »

I thought Neto was quoting it because he thought I hadn't answered it yet. Then I realized.
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Netopalis »

Mod: Any update on the CSL-replacement?

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Jahudo-77: Please note the following relevant discussion:
@ABR-32: ... I'd like your response to Netopalis-30, for one.
@all: So this is my first game where our discussion has been noticeably slower than the rest, and I'm not quite sure how to go at this and start setting off more fireworks so that we can start doing more investigating. Any thoughts/ideas?
Big one coming up...
I can't notice anything alarmingly out of the ordinary in the first few pages, but that may be just because my mind's fried at present.
@Netopalis-45: The thing is, to me, I think this is way too soon to be going after people for lurking (etc.)
3) The moderator hasn't even technically said "go" yet. Let's not forget that.
Yes, your statement is a huge hyperbole. I think it and other factors warrant enough for an initial vote.

Vote: Jahudo

@Cass-80: So you or Khamisa don't think (according to later posts) that me or Netopalis was necessarily scum before you asked? Why did you ask that question, then? I don't know if strawman is the right word, but it feels forcing.

To answer my assigned question, I think there is a certain degree to which scum do lurking more often than town, probably because they have to say "the right thing" somewhat, and that they actually serve to benefit if the town's discussion declines. Both sides are capable, and the tell should not by any means be construed as surefire.

@ABR-83: There was a "why" on the end. You're basically actively lurking with blatantly minimalistic replies.

@Khelvaster
: Can we get a "Vote:" count? I put that colon there so you'd see my request. :P
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:46 am

Vote: Jahudo
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Yabba: I was explicitly talking about instances where you gave an opinion about who was scum. None of these quotes are relevant.
@ABR-32: ... I'd like your response to Netopalis-30, for one.
This question does not indicate any opinion on your part.
@all: So this is my first game where our discussion has been noticeably slower than the rest, and I'm not quite sure how to go at this and start setting off more fireworks so that we can start doing more investigating. Any thoughts/ideas?
This is just fluff. Anybody can look pro-active this way but it takes actual investigating to, you know, investigate.
I can't notice anything alarmingly out of the ordinary in the first few pages, but that may be just because my mind's fried at present.
The lack of an opinion on who is scum does not help us find scum.
@Netopalis-45: The thing is, to me, I think this is way too soon to be going after people for lurking (etc.)
That's great but you don't say whether you think he's suspicious for bringing that up. It's just personal preference. It has nothing to do with scumhunting.
3) The moderator hasn't even technically said "go" yet. Let's not forget that.
Another fluff post. It doesn't give anyone a better idea who you think is scum.

It looks to me like your trying to subvert my suspicion by changing the topic. I did not call into question your activity level. I called into question your lack of player reads.

I find your vote defensive and reactionary. No comment on ABR's vote; I need to see where he takes it.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

You had not talked about anything of worth besides setup
That phrase. You explictly said "nothing besides that and meta". There's your hyperbole.

Also, let's take note here, you're targetting me for something multiple other people have done as well, not offering input as to who is scum and who isn't, and just taking the same icebreaker questionnaires that we distributed at the start of the Day. I on the other hand have actually tried to offer, yes, objective and unopiniated questions along with it, while others have not even done so much as that given the opportunity (Khamisa, CSL, ABR come to mind off the top). Calling me scummy for actively trying to offer discussion in comparison is asinine and contrived.

This is good scumhunting to not take a side too quickly and try to see things from a neutral POV before going at it. You on the other hand have decided to fire at me immediately, which to me I deemed scummy because it looks like you're basically trying to pin blame off the bat so that scum have an endgame exit.
It looks to me like your trying to subvert my suspicion by changing the topic.
Elaborate.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Jahudo »

yabbaguy wrote:Also, let's take note here, you're targetting me for something multiple other people have done as well, not offering input as to who is scum and who isn't, and just taking the same icebreaker questionnaires that we distributed at the start of the Day.
Who is the multiple other people? Neto answered his own questionaire in the same post. You asked two people to give reads that you had not given yet. That's a big scumtell for me.
yabbaguy wrote:Calling me scummy for actively trying to offer discussion in comparison is asinine and contrived.
I did not call you scummy for that reason. I called you scummy for holding back your first impressions on people until other people gave those impressions first.
yabbaguy wrote:
Jahudo wrote:It looks to me like your trying to subvert my suspicion by changing the topic.
Elaborate.
You are trying to make the argument that I am suspicious of you because of your level of pro-town contribution. On the contrary I think you've done alot of pro-town things like asking questions, making observations about setup, posting often and trying to get other people posting often.

But my recent suspicion of you was trying to get suspicion reads off people before you had given your own reads. That's the only thing that bothers me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I am bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning for now.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by CSL »

Nevermind. Normalcy has returned.

Where does Jahudo stand on votes?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Cass »

Netopalis wrote:Fair enough, I guess, but why did you ask only about the two of us?
Just picked two players who had both had cases on them, so Khamisa could make an informed choice.
yabbaguy wrote:@Cass-80: So you or Khamisa don't think (according to later posts) that me or Netopalis was necessarily scum before you asked? Why did you ask that question, then? I don't know if strawman is the right word, but it feels forcing.
It's the kind of question that's good for sparking responses, if only from the two players compared ;) What I did is ask each player a question that should be easy to answer for them. Khamisa was a bit lurkerish, so I wanted her to express an opinion on something.
ABR wrote:I am bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning for now.
Great tactic!
Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Cass »

CSL wrote:Where does Jahudo stand on votes?
Youknow, I hope I miscounted here, but depending on our mod's nitpickingness he might be lynched now... Else he is at L-1.

Mod: A vote:count, pretty please

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”