VOTE COUNT

orangepenguin (4): Kreriov, Konowa, JamesBond, Artem

Not voting (2): orangepenguin, ThAdmira

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

GAME STATUS

Game over
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:22 am, edited 37 times in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

RULES
  1. This is a fully open setup, which means that you know exactly what roles and how many of them exist in advance; however, you don't necessarily know what has been sent to whom.

For this game, you know there to be four Mafia goons and eight vanilla townies. Both possible role PM's read the following:
    ____________, you are a
    Mafia goon
    . You, along with your partners in crime ____________, ____________, and ____________, are ready to blow this place to smithereens! You have planted a time bomb in city hall powerful enough to destroy the entire town of Puerto Morado, and you are giving the town 30 days to find you. You're even going to shorten the time they have if they kill their own. But beware—even though they don't know how to defuse the bomb, the townspeople know how to mess with the timer as well!

This is a nightless setup, so you don't get to make your own kill. However, for each town player dead, the in-game time bomb will blow up three days sooner. For each one of you that dies, you must hold out for three more days (assuming town doesn't lose LYLO before then).

I have made a QuickTopic where you may discuss strategy [url=http://]here[/url]. Once I start the timer, you will not be allowed to post in the QuickTopic thread, so use your planning stage wisely.

You win when at least half of all remaining players are the Mafia or time runs out.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here.
    (The QuickTopic link does not really work as posted here, but the other two do.)
    ____________, you are a
    vanilla townie
    . The Mafia has arrived in town and is threatening to blast the town of Puerto Morado to bits. They have planted a time bomb in city hall powerful enough to destroy this place, and you're giving everything you've got to stop that from happening. Be quick, though—you've been given only 30 days!

30 days, yes, but believe it or not, even though you can't defuse the bomb, you figured out how to mess with the timer. Therefore, for each Mafia goon dead, you will set the timer to explode three days later. However, if one of the town dies, the bomb goes off three days sooner. (That's what you get for having too much time on your hands, if you'll pardon the pun.)

Other than that, you have no gun, no badge, no first aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things: pride in Puerto Morado, brainpower, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to stop the Mafia from blowing up the town!

You win when all threats to Puerto Morado have been eliminated from the game before time runs out.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here.
  2. To vote for a player, bold the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g.
    Vote: StrangerCoug
    . As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. If you change your mind about whom you want lynched, you must bold an unvote, preferably in the format
    Unvote: StrangerCoug
    . This is a nightless setup, so No Lynch is not an option.

3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for that player.
    ONLY
    votes on lynched players will reset. For example, if you're voting for Alice and Bob gets lynched, you're still voting Alice afterward (unless Bob's lynch ends the game, obviously) and you must unvote her if you decide that someone else is more likely scum. There is no such thing as twilight in this game (you may vote and unvote between the time a player dies and I get around to posting his or her death scene) and game day numbers are considered to be only a convenience.

4. Once you're lynched or modkilled (
    BOTH
    will affect the time bomb), I'll allow one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game.

5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself unless you want a warning. Three warnings (or an offensive enough post) and you will be ejected from the game and replaced with someone else.

6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible text, etc. You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
    purple
    . (I know it sounds arbitrary to forbid a specific color, but I'm saving my favorite color for mod use since I am the mod :P) Violators will be ejected from the game.

7. Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously), co-moderator (that's nobody), or backup moderator (that's X) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread. If I catch you, you're dead.

8. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, and then only with whom I have allowed you to do so and at night. This is a modkillable offense. Discussing an ongoing game gets you a warning the first time and a modkill the second time.

9. Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night. This includes your role PM. Violators will be modkilled. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use.

10. Claiming to be scum with someone else will result in a modkill.

11. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. (I'm sorry, but I do not check the V/LA thread.) If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. Keep in mind that I have the board time down to the second.

12. The fastest and preferred way to get ahold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod:" followed by what you want to tell me, as in
    Mod: Please prod StrangerCoug
    or
    Mod: StrangerCoug should have five votes, not four.
    Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In additon, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to have to be the person in question and you ask me privately.

13. I am not God. If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.

14. All rules are subject to change. In my previously modded games, things have come up that I didn't think about, and both my own and other's actions in those games have helped shape and modify these rules. It may happen again here.

15. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason:
    HAVE FUN!
    Enjoy! And good luck!
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

All roles are out and you have 72 hours from now to confirm.

This isn't in the first post or the rules, but so you know, X and I will be editing the time remaining in the game in each of your posts. It will be small purple text at the bottom right. We will put these as often as we can, but the time the bomb is set to go off will be in the first post too.

Edit:
Just got notified that the vanilla townie role PM is missing the role and link. I'll try to fix it, but it's in the first post if I don't get to it in time.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

GO!

Looking for a replacement for llamaeatataco, by the way.
30:00:00:00

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Konowa »

vote JamesBond

There can only be one Bond, and that is me.

Also, anyone lurking and/or stalling will be considered scummy.

29:23:53:27
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Kreriov »

Damn, I was hoping to have some type of real time display in the first post. That would be cool.

I second Konowa, we cannot be screwing around with lurkers in this game.

Vote: Seraphim
because I want Empire at War to start NOW.
29:23:31:11
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

Alright, let's end this nonsense immediately. This has gotten far too silly. We have thirty days. That's it. Thirty. Blooming. Days. To find four scumbags. This might be tricky. As such, I am declaring LAL(Lynch All Lurkers). Any players who need a prod get lynched ASAP. This will stop players from lurkering with impunity. This will also hopefully create more scum slips as they will have to post content or die. Nightless set-up...this is prime strategy.

Vote: llamaeatataco

If a replacement is not found in 72 hours, let's lynch him. He's wasting our time anyway.
29:22:40:19
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Seraphim »

Kreriov wrote:Damn, I was hoping to have some type of real time display in the first post. That would be cool.

I second Konowa, we cannot be screwing around with lurkers in this game.

Vote: Seraphim
because I want Empire at War to start NOW.
Tell people to join faster!
29:22:40:03
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

I'd like to be the walk-in replacement for this game.
29:22:39:00
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Artem »

Vote: Datadanne

Based on his lurker play in the game I modded (viewtopic.php?t=11336) I think a vote on sight is in order.
29:22:33:21
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Artem wrote:
Vote: Datadanne

Based on his lurker play in the game I modded (viewtopic.php?t=11336) I think a vote on sight is in order.
So is this a random vote or a policy vote?
29:22:32:28
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Artem »

It's an IGMEOY vote.
29:22:31:00
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Seraphim »

Artem wrote:It's an IGMEOY vote.
Sorry, but most players simply state IGMEOY rather than a vote. Now, answer the question: is this a random vote or a policy lynch vote? Seeing as he hasn't posted yet, it can only be one or the other.
29:22:29:40
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: don johnson
because he always seems to be scum whenever I play with him.
29:22:19:22
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Artem »

Seraphim wrote:
Artem wrote:It's an IGMEOY vote.
Sorry, but most players simply state IGMEOY rather than a vote.
I think you mean most players
you've played with
Seraphim wrote:Now, answer the question: is this a random vote or a policy lynch vote? Seeing as he hasn't posted yet,
it can only be one or the other
There are more than two options.

It is what I said it is: a vote on sight. Its purpose is to show datadanne that if he chooses the same behavior he did in Open 141, then I will seek his lynch. (i.e., IGMEOY)

It's not a random vote because I didn't pull a name out of a hat and attached a silly reason to it. I do often vote lurkers to get them to post, but I don't know if datadanne will lurk in this game, so it's not a policy lynch.

Now your turn: why are you asking in such a strange manner? By strange, I mean you box the whole world into two options: random vote vs. policy vote. Then you ask me which it is, when it's pretty apparent that in your 1-dimensional universe it's not a random vote. Why only two options? Why ask which it is when the answer is obvious?
29:22:15:31
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Artem »

EBWOP: "policy lynch" should read "policy vote".
29:22:13:43
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Konowa »

I see nothing wrong with Artem's vote.

I do, however, find Seraphim's attempt to turn Artem's vote into an either/or situation a little disconcerting.
29:21:29:20
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Seraphim »

I was going to make a quote wall, but let me explain my position instead. In the beginning of the game, there is little information. That is why the random vote stage exists, to generate discussion and reads on other players. That is the natural state of the game.

However, players also may drop votes based on past play and possibly even seek that player's lynch. I call this a policy lynch or a policy vote, made because of a player's play in other games rather than this one, threatening to seek their lynch.

The reason for my question is that I have seen some players make a "random" vote on another player because of how they played in another game but not seeking their lynch in any way.

Even if you're not seeking their lynch right
now
you said you might in the future. This makes it a policy vote.

I suppose a better question would have been "are you seeking Data's lynch or not?". I hope this explains it. There's nothing wrong with it, I was just curious.
Konowa wrote:I do, however, find Seraphim's attempt to turn Artem's vote into an either/or situation a little disconcerting.
Why?
29:20:39:49
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

vote: seraphim

lynching lurkers is fine, but trying to off someone who hasn't confirmed is just plain rude. :roll:

note to all(mostly to self): be sure and understand rule #3. it may be important later on.
29:17:23:12
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Seraphim »

don_johnson wrote:
vote: seraphim

lynching lurkers is fine, but trying to off someone who hasn't confirmed is just plain rude. :roll:

note to all(mostly to self): be sure and understand rule #3. it may be important later on.
I thought we were hunting scum, not rude people.

It looks like we may be getting a replacement for him anyway. If so, I will stop trying to get him lynched. Generally, in the time it takes to get a replacement, time will have been wasted. We can't waste time.

Why is rule 3 important? All that it says is that the vote count doesn't reset between days.
29:17:01:17
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Why is rule 3 important? All that it says is that the vote count doesn't reset between days.
Because (for me at least) vote counts always reset at the start of each new day. Some people might have looked over that part and missed it, and it's good to know.
29:10:43:50
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

rule three could potentially be exploited by the scum in some rather unlikely situations. Basically when we have decided on a lynch all other voters should clear off or something like that.
(that wouldn't really work but we should think about some sort of system like that).

Furthermore I understand that we only have 30 days but it doesn't mean we should rush headlong in to lynch decisions.
29:10:43:44
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Or everyone could just unvote when the new day starts? (unless they want to keep their vote on whoever for valid reasons, but then they'd have to indicate that in thread)

If scum try to exploit it, then it would be pretty obvious.
29:10:22:52
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Artem »

orangepenguin wrote: If scum try to exploit it, then it would be pretty obvious.
Depending on how quickly the town reacts, it might not matter that it's obvious. Four scum simultaneously changing their votes could quickly end the game in a LyLo situation. I like ThAdmiral's suggestion, but it may be difficult to orchestrate. I suppose we have to strive for announcing the hammers: "I'm about to hammer player X. Please unvote the others."
Seraphim wrote: However, players also may drop votes based on past play and possibly even seek that player's lynch. I call this a policy lynch or a policy vote, made because of a player's play in other games rather than this one, threatening to seek their lynch.
By this definition, it's a policy vote.
Seraphim wrote: I suppose a better question would have been "are you seeking Data's lynch or not?".
If Data plays the same way he did in Open 141, then yes, I will.
29:04:07:42
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Artem »

Seraphim wrote: I thought we were hunting scum, not rude people.
Failure to confirm is not indicative of alignment since the player may not have even read their role PM. DJ is calling you rude, not the player you're voting.
29:04:06:38

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”