Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Echo »

^ Not even a joke explanation?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Cyren (2) ~ ric,
sideney,
onion

Echo (1) ~ Haylen
Raeil (1) ~ Cyren
Anticollie (1) ~ Echo
onion (1) ~ Anticollie

Not Voting:
Anticollie,
auditor9006, Raeil, sideney
[size=0]Anticollie 0 PROD1 1 | auditor9006 0 | Cyren 0 | Echo 0 | Haylen 1 | onion 1 | Raeil 0 | ric 0 | sideney 1[/size]
--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is Saturday, July 4 2009.

-----

@auditor, post 49:
That's not how you vote.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Cyren »

@ Echo- Merely meant quicklynching anyone would be bad... On any day really. I will try to watch my wording for the future.

In my last game D2 went by in one RL day and I didn't even get to post and was then NKed (most likely because of that reason) Town gets nothing to go off of in those situations.

@Auditor- why did you
attemmt
to vote Anticollie? Was it supposed to be random or was there a reason behind it? Also why did you fos onionl? I don't know about others but without any information I tend not to take people seriously.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 am

Post by onion »

when someone is at L-1 on the first day, no townie would hammer, which means that anyone who hammers would be scum. nobody hammered, but it was still worth it because it made me laugh. it was a lot more entertaining than voting for Raeil. Auditor, are you trying to communicate? usually that includes writing more than 2 words, perhaps with some punctuation in it. anyway, town points for sideney for 'Let's thing get hot'ing.
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:48 am

Post by sideney »

Cyren wrote: Also, Raeil's vote had a random reason behind it, why did you other three vote for me? Ric, Sidney, Onion?
For speeding up things. Now we have some informations like the funny attempt of onion for a quick-lynch, and, at least for me, the role-fishing post of Echo.
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

[red]Anticolle[\red][\b]

FOS: Onion[\b] C

I kn
O[\b]w whAt i mea[red]
N[\b][\red]t.
I[\b] didY n[red]
O[\red][\b]t attempt to vote for U a
N[\b]ticolle. Simply bolded him for later REference.

A Different game we play wiTH rIddeS? Y/N.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Cyren (2) ~ ric, onion

Echo (1) ~ Haylen
Raeil (1) ~ Cyren
Anticollie (1) ~ Echo
onion (1) ~ Anticollie

Not Voting:
[size=0]Anticollie 1 PROD1 2 | auditor9006 0 | Cyren 0 | Echo 1 | Haylen 2 | onion 0 | Raeil 1 | ric 1 | sideney 0[/size]
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Cyren »

You don't KNOW that "no townie would hammer" or that mafia wouldn't either. You can only assume that.

An experienced player on a diff site where games start off in night and a kill starts the game with some info could happily quicklynch someone on this site. Or if someone had simply said they had or actually had miscounted.

I could have been one of those, "Ugh forget this" and just voted myself off out of frustration too which would have been even more helpful.

OR someone could simply hate the RVS and lynch me to get it over with. /shrug There was a lot of RVS hate in my first game.

Possibly sacrificing a townie so soon D1 was scummy. At least let us get a few pages in, sheesh.

Either way my main argument is that accidents happen and scum can take advantage of that.

Also,
Onion wrote:"no townie would hammer, which means that anyone who hammers would be scum"
You can't just state something as fact. How about if I say, "The last two on my BW are scum."? Does that prove you are/would be? No. Raeil (the first to vote me) is just as likely to be scum as you right now. There are plenty of bad townies out there who would have lynched me simply because they could.
Onion wrote:
nobody hammered,
but it was still worth it
because it made me laugh
So you WERE trying to get me quicklynched D1 pg 3?
Sideney wrote:the role-fishing post of Echo.
What exactly is role-fishing and why is that bad?

And yes Auditor I could though it gave me a headache :/ and you still haven't said why you yourself FOSd Onion.

And I'm horrible with riddles :(

Sorry I've been out of school for some years now and my grammar/punctuation has gone to crap.
ric
ric
Goon
ric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by ric »

cyren wrote:
onion wrote:nobody hammered, but it was still worth it because it made me laugh
So you WERE trying to get me quicklynched D1 pg 3?
well from reading that it doesnt seem to me like he was really trying to get you lynched but i dont know i could be wrong, he could just be being brutally honest, i mean....how does this fit into your case against onion?
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 am

Post by auditor9006 »

Cyren wrote:
Onion wrote:"no townie would hammer, which means that anyone who hammers would be scum"
You can't just state something as fact. How about if I say, "The last two on my BW are scum."? Does that prove you are/would be? No. Raeil (the first to vote me) is just as likely to be scum as you right now.
There are plenty of bad townies out there who would have lynched me simply because they could.

Onion wrote:
nobody hammered,
but it was still worth it
because it made me laugh

And yes Auditor I could though it gave me a headache :/ and you still haven't said why you yourself FOSd Onion.

Sorry I've been out of school for some years now and my grammar/punctuation has gone to crap.

Riddle in the first,

A mix of game and mirth

[red]
Play reverse for a true tale told.[/red]

High up on the hill,
[red]
T[\red][\b]
h
e cabbage patch [red]
is[\red][\b] b[red]
O[\red][\b]r[red]
N[\red][\b]

In it grows a strang[red]
E[\red][\b]r,
Round and full of scorn.

The na[red]
i[\red][\b]l growS towards him,
His sEeds Are full of fight[red][\b]s[\red][\b],

For he had nearlY killed a man,
Before the dead of night.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Haylen »

So...which of you are town?

I think it safe to presume that a Newbie town would hammer. In my first game, I hammered a guy and he turned out town, admittedly it wasn't a quicklynch though, learnt my lesson there anyway.

When a scum hammers, it's likely they will use bad flimsy logic so that's something to look out for. I'm not saying that will always happen, but there's about a 70% chance it could.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ric
ric
Goon
ric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

Post by ric »

we got a poet up in this bitch!

civilians voting each other for bad reasons seems to happen all the time. i feel like cyren may have a halfway decent case against onion considering its page 3 on first day but i dont know, im still unclear about what exactly is going on though
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Haylen »

Ric wrote: i dont know, im still unclear about what exactly is going on though
Me too. For the love of cheese and all things good, please stop it with the weird posts! I can't read them! Argh!

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ric
ric
Goon
ric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 am

Post by ric »

gotta disagree with you on that. me likey.
Raeil
Raeil
Townie
Raeil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Raeil »

While I don't lynch out of frustration, I agree with Haylen. Please, even if you do post poetry, post without all the editing tags and with proper grammar.
Cyren wrote:What exactly is role-fishing and why is that bad?
Rolefishing is when someone attempts to discover if a person has a power role (Doctor, Cop, Roleblocker), and what role it is. This is seen as scummy, because rather than focusing on finding scum, the rolefisher is attempting to discover the game setup. If the game setup is discovered through rolefishing, it usually helps the mafia more than the town, which is why it is seen as scummy.

-----

Echo, you said,
Echo wrote:
Cyren wrote:It would have been really bad for town if I had been quick lynched
Back to this quote: are you suggesting something, Cyren? Sounds to me like you're hinting at a role :/
and it is definitely an example of rolefishing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, since you might not have known what you were doing and we're only three pages in, but this quote will likely come back to hurt you, and I might be the one pushing it.

-----

Onion, you did answer my previous question, but now I have another one. Why did you say this?
Onion wrote:nobody hammered, but it was still worth it because it made me laugh. it was a lot more entertaining than voting for Raeil.
Ok, putting someone at L-1 on day one, during what could still be called the RVS, is slightly scummy (after all, it's L-1, but it also jumpstarts the game), but saying it made you laugh? To me, that seems scummy, to laugh that someone could be lynched on page 3. So please explain exactly
why
it was so entertaining.

Also, though this is less serious, why would you have voted for me?
There are 10 people in the world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who thought this would be the same old binary line...
auditor9006
auditor9006
Townie
auditor9006
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by auditor9006 »

[quote="Raeil"]While I don't lynch out of frustration, I agree with Haylen. Please, even if you do post poetry, post without all the editing tags and with proper grammar.

Alas! She cried, and waved her wooden leg.
If their is nothing more to read then let us all to bed.
A dragon from his slumber,
was roused and roundabout -

the man moved from the bedroom,
without a hush or shout.
Awake by upstarts virtue,
"Hear this" the old man cried

And to Raeil directed
his attention far and wide.
"If you see between the sheets,
And tell me what is there,

Then i shall ne'er bother you
with prefix harsh or fair!"

"However" did the man say
"Should you not prove to heed,
Then my verbal cascade,
will still be yours to read."

Their is always something more to see, then someones' simple similes.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:
(unchanged)

Cyren (2) ~ ric, onion

Echo (1) ~ Haylen
Raeil (1) ~ Cyren
Anticollie (1) ~ Echo
onion (1) ~ Anticollie

Not Voting:
[size=0]Anticollie 2 PROD1 3 | auditor9006 0 | Cyren 0 | Echo 2 | Haylen 0 | onion 1 | Raeil 0 | ric 0 | sideney 1[/size]
-
Cheese as acknowledged as different from "all things good".
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Echo »

@raeil:

I saw it more as a scumtell. The reason I put it that way is because the exact same thing happened in the last RL game I played, and eventually led to identifying said person as scum.

But since anticollie described it as a null tell, I didn't see much point in pursuing it any further.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Cyren »

Haha
I love cheese

Ric wrote: well from reading that it doesnt seem to me like he was really trying to get you lynched but i dont know i could be wrong, he could just be being brutally honest, i mean....how does this fit into your case against onion?

It is still too early to have a real case against anyone, but if you don't ask question and get responses how can we build any? Onion's quote to me did seem like he was trying to get someone quicklynched to start things up; however, quicklynching is bad. It could easily become part of a/my case against onion.
Ric wrote: civilians voting each other for bad reasons seems to happen all the time. i feel like cyren may have a halfway decent case against onion considering its page 3 on first day but i dont know, im still unclear about what exactly is going on though
I would think it wouldn't happen too much in more advanced games but I've seen some people who intentionally try to get lynched. What are you unclear about exactly?

@ Raeil- Oh, I can see how that would be bad.

:) You understood what I was getting at, but the whole sentence seems scummy to me like he got a laugh even though he didn't get someone to hammer.

I appreciate poetry... but I don't get it. Can someone translate auditor's posts for me? Is he even trying to scum-hunt or anything?

/is confused
Haylen wrote:So...which of you are town?

I think it safe to presume that a Newbie town would hammer. In my first game, I hammered a guy and he turned out town, admittedly it wasn't a quicklynch though, learnt my lesson there anyway.

When a scum hammers, it's likely they will use bad flimsy logic so that's something to look out for. I'm not saying that will always happen, but there's about a 70% chance it could.
In my first game I added the last vote for a deadline lynch because I panicked to do something scummy. Everyone in the game was saying I was the most town and I was the cop so I thought it would keep me from being nked. It did.

In a non quicklynch situation I've been told more that a town hammers than scum.

Anticollie, why did you throw a vote on Onion so quickly? I know a single vote isn't much pressure, but you didn't really try to get any more info out of Onion either.

Echo, I can see how since I said, "quicklynching ME" could be seen as scummy instead of quicklynching period. It wasn't a scare tactic though.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by Anticollie »

I have been watching this unfold- and I am growing neither impatient or pleased with my vote.

Onion started off as the biggest blip on my radar. He still is. he is thus, because he has done the most to actively subvert the town at this moment (that doesn't include murder of basic grammar) by putting a person @ L-1 without at least feigning a scum-vibe.
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Cyren »

neither impatient or pleased?
ric
ric
Goon
ric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:40 am

Post by ric »

cyren

i am a little unclear about what position youre actually taking on onion and what your vote means, as i am a little unclear on anything auditor is writing.

auditor

are you saying that cyren seems mobbed up with that "play in reverse for a true tale told" when you quote cyren voting onion?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Haylen »

Auditor, I swear if you don't start posting in non lyrical terms, that I can actually understand, I will push for your lynch regardless of affiliation. If nobody can understand your posts, it's not protown.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:
(unchanged)

Cyren (2) ~ ric, onion

Echo (1) ~ Haylen
Raeil (1) ~ Cyren
Anticollie (1) ~ Echo
onion (1) ~ Anticollie

Not Voting:
[size=0]Anticollie 0 PROD1 4 | auditor9006 1 | Cyren 0 | Echo 0 | Haylen 0 | onion 2 | Raeil 1 | ric 0 | sideney 2[/size]
Cyren
Cyren
Townie
Cyren
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Cyren »

Ric- my position? I'm scumhunting... What "positions" are you talking about? He was opening me up for a quicklynch on D1 knowing he was doing so and then seem to say, "aw shucks it didn't happen, it was still fun to try though." That doesn't even seem a bit off to you? My vote on Raeil is a random vote because we were in RVS.. If you've been here since November I don't understand what you're confused about...

Haven- Jumping so quick to a lynch threat is a little scummy. Mostly because you say, "Regardless of affiliation". That is saying you would willingly lynch a town based off of aggravation/emotion which is worse in my opinion. A lot of people on MS will not play the way you want them too. Lynching them because of that (from what I've read in other newbie games specifically) doesn't usually help town. He quit using the editing tags when asked, maybe we should just ask him to stop?

Auditor- Could you please post in regular sentences/paragraphs or if you need to post poetry at least explain what they mean? It really doesn't help town if we don't know what you mean.

I hope Onion comes back. Tomorrow night will be 72 hours without posting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”