Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Caboose »

iamausername wrote:
TDC wrote:Reveal: Upon death, I will post the full Role PM of the dead player, including group memberships, excluding group details. All active and passive abilities will be revealed, but for the sake of brevity, the first post will only contain a catchy role name and link to the actual Role PM.
While alive, players don't know their catchy role name.
Mufasa wrote:Claim: Jack-of-All-Trades
Unvote, Vote: Mufasa
If he has a bunch of one-shots, I'm assuming that he's assuming it's safe enough to call himself a Jack of all trades.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Korts »

Seraphim wrote:Exhibit 2: If I hadn't screwed myself over, his reactions might have been interesting. Who are you to say that the conditions don't apply here?
You haven't stated what conditions you are talking about; I don't see any scenario where what Mix did could be justifiably called backtracking; therefore those conditions that according to you exist, they do not apply here.

Exhibit 3: that is not the point. the point is that you specifically reiterated a case that you made just 14 minutes before--the motivation in that is probably overeager scum.
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Seraphim »

*shakes head*

I disagree. Assume makes an ass out of you and me.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

I would also like to note that I don't like the way Seraphim joined the OGB wagon, which existed because OGB was trying to turn the game into "guess the alt" instead of mafia, but then proceeded to make several posts guessing who OGB is an alt of.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Korts »

Caboose wrote:
iamausername wrote:
TDC wrote:Reveal: Upon death, I will post the full Role PM of the dead player, including group memberships, excluding group details. All active and passive abilities will be revealed, but for the sake of brevity, the first post will only contain a catchy role name and link to the actual Role PM.
If he has a bunch of one-shots, I'm assuming that he's assuming it's safe enough to call himself a Jack of all trades.
Ok, Caboose is scum.
scumchat never die
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Mufasa »

There is one ability in the Jack-of-all-trades meta that I do not have and that is the vig. I just used that name because you could all refer to the meta to see my active abilities
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Caboose »

Korts wrote:
Caboose wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Ok, Caboose is scum.
...and why's that?

Just because I bring up a valid point?

Just assuming Mufasa is scum, why the hell would he come out second post and claim? And don't just say "WIFOM" either.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Korts wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Exhibit 2: If I hadn't screwed myself over, his reactions might have been interesting. Who are you to say that the conditions don't apply here?
You haven't stated what conditions you are talking about; I don't see any scenario where what Mix did could be justifiably called backtracking; therefore those conditions that according to you exist, they do not apply here.
It would depend on the answer to my second question concerning why he didn't post that reason in his random vote. If he had tried to give it any other reason besides I had posted first and had seen my post, yes, it would have been backtracking.
Korts wrote:Exhibit 3: that is not the point. the point is that you specifically reiterated a case that you made just 14 minutes before--the motivation in that is probably overeager scum.
I will admit that I'm overeager, just not scum. It's probably my downfall in this game.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Korts »

On second thought, it's plausible for a player to claim the most fitting rolename as a "catchy name" instead of list of actions.

unvote, vote: Seraphim
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Seraphim »

iamausername wrote:I would also like to note that I don't like the way Seraphim joined the OGB wagon, which existed because OGB was trying to turn the game into "guess the alt" instead of mafia, but then proceeded to make several posts guessing who OGB is an alt of.
It was not "guessing". It was attempting shut down the discussion while...

Eh, never mind, I'm not even going to bother.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Korts wrote:On second thought, it's plausible for a player to claim the most fitting rolename as a "catchy name" instead of list of actions.

unvote, vote: Seraphim
And people wonder why I usually lurk through day 1's...
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Hello everyone.

I would like Mufasa to explain, in short and clear sentences, exactly why he chose to claim as he just claimed.

Also, how long have you played mafia for?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I tell you now so we can work together to save the right people and block the right people at night. aye
I would like a different answer than this also.

Unless that is actually your complete reason for claiming just now and there is nothing else.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.

I have been playing mafia here on site for 4 games now. Been playing outside for 4 years at various events.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:
I tell you now so we can work together to save the right people and block the right people at night. aye[/quote]So, rather than using your own personal judgement on abilities and such, you would rather have the town and
possibly
scum coordinate your night actions for you?[/quote]Fixed. Just did some quick meta on Mufasa, but it seems like he's made some pretty ridiculous plays in the past before.
Mufasa wrote:I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.
You know that scum can read this too, right? And that traditionally Doctors can't self-protect?
OozingGolfBall wrote:Hi guys. I am a alt. Feel free to start the guessing game.
roflcopter, why, oh why could this be grounds for a lynch?

And I think Korts and Seraphim can stand to cool it until everyone arrives.

Mod, vote count please?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.

I have been playing mafia here on site for 4 games now. Been playing outside for 4 years at various events.
How do we get "two free lynches" exactly?

To be completely clear, are you claiming that your "plan" was to claim so as to draw the scum fire tonight, and then to protect yourself?

Because there appear to be a fatal flaw in that "plan."
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I am not considered the doctor there for I thought that I could self protect myself
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I am not considered the doctor there for I thought that I could self protect myself
What?

You made a mistake, is that what you are saying now?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Nope I did not make a mistake. I am still sure of my plan going through
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Seraphim »

One word: roleblocker. There are so many flaws in your plan that I don't even want to talk about it.

Mufasa is either dumb scum or really dumb town.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Roleblocker: we have real doctors who won't be roleblocked and who hopefully should be smart enough to chose the right person to save.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:Nope I did not make a mistake. I am still sure of my plan going through
Please don't take offense, but it is very hard to understand what you are saying.

What did you mean, just now, when you said this:
I am not considered the doctor there for I thought that I could self protect myself
Because it
sounded
like you were saying that you
thought
you could protect yourself (as a Doctor).
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Seraphim »

No, you don't get it. Your plan calls for every protective role in the game to protect you so you don't get roleblocked protecting yourself. You have created the hugest maelstrom of WIFOM ever for the doctors. The scum don't HAVE to NK you especially since you claimed you don't have a vig. Following that logic, the doctors will try to save someone else...but following that logic, what if the scum roleblock and kill you?

Even if you could protect yourself, all you have done is made it easier for scum to confuse the town. and direct the night actions for tonight. Way to go.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Also, you are not able to protect yourself if you really do have the doctor ability.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”