Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #0) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Hello everyone.

I would like Mufasa to explain, in short and clear sentences, exactly why he chose to claim as he just claimed.

Also, how long have you played mafia for?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I tell you now so we can work together to save the right people and block the right people at night. aye
I would like a different answer than this also.

Unless that is actually your complete reason for claiming just now and there is nothing else.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #2) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.

I have been playing mafia here on site for 4 games now. Been playing outside for 4 years at various events.
How do we get "two free lynches" exactly?

To be completely clear, are you claiming that your "plan" was to claim so as to draw the scum fire tonight, and then to protect yourself?

Because there appear to be a fatal flaw in that "plan."
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:I am not considered the doctor there for I thought that I could self protect myself
What?

You made a mistake, is that what you are saying now?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote:Nope I did not make a mistake. I am still sure of my plan going through
Please don't take offense, but it is very hard to understand what you are saying.

What did you mean, just now, when you said this:
I am not considered the doctor there for I thought that I could self protect myself
Because it
sounded
like you were saying that you
thought
you could protect yourself (as a Doctor).
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Axelrod »

A (quick) review of Mufasa's prior games on this site suggests that he is a complete menace to the game of Mafia, even when he's town. He lies when he is town. And not just little white lies either. We're talking big fat whoppers like "I am the Doctor" in Open 122 when he was vanilla town. Which resulted in the
actual
Doctor coming out to counter-claim him, and him getting lynched. He continued to call the
actual
Doctor a liar right up until his death.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote:dudes mufasa is pretty clearly town, no one should be voting for him
I haven't made up my mind yet, but in no way is he "pretty clearly" town. Exactly how do you come to that conclusion?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote: its a question of motivation. claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head. scum do not want that kind of attention. they can't afford that kind of attention. therefore it is beyond silly to believe that any scum, experienced or otherwise, would do what he did. the fact that he is clearly an inexperienced player lends further credence to the fact that his ability to convincingly fakeclaim probably isn't well developed, and the way he's been explaining his claim really seems like a truthful misunderstanding of the way his one shot doctor ability is supposed to work, not to mention he specifies that his list of abilities does not exactly match the list given in the sample pms.

and the wagon that has sprung up on him as a result has opportunism written all over it. especially the reasoning of "he claimed a catchy role name when we're not given catchy role names in our pms."

i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.

we need to get back to lynching ogb.
The "too stupid for scum" argument is not one that I've ever been fond of. Especially when made in defense of someone who has demonstrably acted stupidly before. It's neutral at
best

I mean seriously, how does someone - anyone - make posts like these?
Now why would you lynch me? I am a useful asset to the town.
How can I be scum where my role only wins when all threats to the town are eliminated?
Is he functionally retarded? Is he really saying "How can I be scum when it says right here in my role PM that I'm town? Who says that with a straight face?

So, is he pulling our legs then? Is this some kind of game? How stupid can I act before I get lynched for it?

I didn't say before, but the other thing I saw in my "review" of his games was his first newbie game, where he was scum, and in that game he
faked
a role PM from the
Mod.
saying he was vanilla town and posted it in the thread, earning himself a mod-kill. For one's very first game, ignoring the fact that it totally broke the rules, that seems fairly sophisticated. This appears to be someone who gambits, regardless of being town or scum. And that's someone to be very wary of.

I don't think he's completed any other games, so I haven't reviewed them, but his track record appears to be...not reassuring. So at the moment I'm waiting for him to come back and say something else.
axelrod, why haven't you commented on anything yet except for mufasa? his claim is far from the only thing that happened before you posted.
It was by far the most significant thing to have happened up to that point. We're only ~140 posts in. I don't like making absolute judgments that quickly. Saying stuff like:
we need to get back to lynching ogb.
^^^ lynch this guy now
Like there's some kind of open and shut case out there is not helpful - Which doesn't mean I'm actually a fan of OGB.

I'm much more interested in getting Mufasa figured out first though. Much more.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #8) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote:
Unvote
Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.
Really?

Why not?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote: My abilities only say Doctor Jailkeeper and Roleblocker each a one-shot, it still had no indication that the Doctor ability couldn't be used on yourself and I have never been doctor on this site so I did not know I couldn't self save. My apologies.
Oh, right. Except you said this already:
Mufasa wrote:There is
one
ability in the Jack-of-all-trades meta that I do not have and that is the vig. I just used that name because you could all refer to the meta to see my active abilities
And the "Jack-of-All-Trades" role as listed in the rules post:
Active Abilities:

Cop:

1-Shot

Doctor:

1-Shot

Roleblocker:

1-Shot

Vigilante:

1-Shot
Where's the Jailkeeper? Another "mistake?"
I play each game accordingly to my role and the people playing.
Tell me how your role (of vanilla townie) or the players dictated that you claim Doctor in Open 122?

Tell me how this role, or this group of players dictated that you claim in your second post?

I am very close to voting you, FYI.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #10) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Thinking even further. You said the only role you didn't have was Vig., but there is Cop in the "Meta."

You have claimed Role-blocker AND Jailkeeper, which both role-block. This seems redundant.

I like this less and less.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa: you didn't answer my last post, so allow me to ask again.

Tell me how your role (of vanilla townie) or the players dictated that you claim Doctor in Open 122?

Tell me how this role, or this group of players dictated that you claim in your second post?

While you're at it, explain why you said you used the name "Jack-of-all-Trades" because we could refer to the meta to see what abilities you had, when you apparently don't have 1/2 the abilities on the "meta" and you have a completely different ability that isn't on there?

Also, why do you keep saying that it is obvious we should know you are a townie? What exactly is "obvious" about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OGB: you have been accused of trying to distract the town by getting people to guess your "real" identity. You have been further accused of ignoring complaints against you and failing to contribute anything to the game. How do you plead?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Axelrod »

Well, I wanted to hear OGB say something and this is what he said:
OozingGolfBall wrote:
Mufasa wrote:You may be the more retarded than me, wow you level of comprehension in that last statement was next to none. Seriously look at your pm and look at the examples they don't state much of an ability.
Nice ad hom.
Unvote; Vote: Mufasa

Too much jumpiness in your posts.
That is less that inspiring. In fact, it's probably the scummiest thing he's done. I didn't really care about him saying "let the guessing games begin" in his first post. I thought some of the reaction to that post was out of proportion. But at this point he appears to be deliberately not contributing.

One more time, OGB, care to say something more meaningful?

Mufasa is still looking like a complete and total liar to me. I'm like 95% sure he's lying about
something
. The question then becomes - well, even if he's lying, might he still be town? Which is not game I usually care to play. It's so much easier to just lynch the lying people.
rolfcopter wrote:axelrod, does skitzer's vote for mufasa change your opinion on either skitzer or mufasa in any way?
It does nothing re my opinion of Mufasa. My opinion of skitzer is that I'm not a fan. He hasn't said enough, and what he has said has been short 1-liners. He's still not what I would call obvscum, though.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #13) » Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Axelrod »

It would appear that both Mufasa and OGB have gone AWOL. How nice. It would also appear that they haven't simply disappeared from the site, but have been posting in other games they are playing in. Which suggests they are actively avoiding this one. Awesome!

I could vote for either at this point fairly easily. I'm still waiting to see if either one can manage to say anything remotely townish before I pick one, but I don't imagine I'll wait that much longer.

rofl: have you got any other reason for this "Mufasa is obvtown" position you're taking besides that rather large pile of WIFOM you posted several days ago? Also, would you agree he's lying about
something
(but nevertheless feel he's still town), or do you believe he's been 100% truthful?

A few other people have hit a few nerves as well - Starbuck and Seraphim are two. I may go back and do a summary of some kind if I get more time later.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Fri May 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote:axel, i see no proof that he's lying. 1shot jailer, doc and) is a perfectly plausible role, and completely understandable as a role that someone would think to call jack of all trades.
It's just that if he's being completely truthful, then - in addition to being an idiot for claiming in his second post - he's
also
made numerous mistakes when claiming his "abilites." We're talking pretty bad mistakes too - like saying he could Doc protect himself, and that the only ability he didn't have from the "meta" in the rules posts was vig.

Add to that his weak justifications - I did it to "draw" the Mafia kill. I did it because I
knew
that people would look at my "meta" (oh, really?) and people who had played with me before would think I was stupid and I could get good reads on them.

Top it off with his incredibly retarded "how can I be scum when I win with the town!" "Why would you lynch someone you know is town," remarks, and you have a trifecta of complete and utter worthlessness.

I just don't get how you are defending this guy.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #15) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Axelrod »

OozingGolfBall wrote:Interesting. To rofl's case I don't have much to say besides the fact that my first post was just a joke and that the rest of your case is founded on that one joke post.
You fail.

Vote: OGB

(L-1)
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #16) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Axelrod »

rofl: I'm liking a lot of what you are saying at the moment (comments directed at me excepted), and you can pat yourself on the back all you like about OGB, but the fact is the case you were pushing, starting from his very first post, was never as strong as you were acting like it was. Certainly not at the beginning. OGB posted six times in the entire game, one line posts, and three of those were on Day 1. It wasn't until his post #5 that it started to look real bad. Calling out everyone who didn't jump on him instantly is fairly well ridiculous.

On the other hand, there's a basis to believe that the "Russian" Mafia would not have wanted their 1-shot vig. to bite the dust without getting to use it (this is assuming the Russian Mafia is an otherwise normal mafia, and not something like a Mafia composed entirely of 1-shot vigs or something goofy like that - and even then, they wouldn't have wanted to lose that ability). And OGB didn't do anything that was worthy of defense. So there may be some benefit to looking at guys who might be said to have overly defended him - or expressed the opinion that he was town when there wasn't ever any reason to be forming that opinion.

Darkdude hasn't done much else in this game
except
express the opinion that OGB was town. And seemingly his defense was based on the idea that because OGB was an alt., if he was scum, he would have tried to use the alt. to his advantage (whatever that means), and wouldn't have attracted attention to himself by asking people to guess his "real" account. I also don't like his seeming confusion about why some people thought Mufasa was town and not OGB or vice-versa. As though the one had anything to do with the other. Darkdude's answer to this question is:
They are "connected" by similarity. Both of them did nonsensical stuff, so why would one case be scummy and another not?
Basically, he's equating the two as both having done "nonsensical" stuff, when there's no real equation. What they each did was actually very different. Mufasa came out with an early and completely unforced claim for no apparent reason, which he changed multiple times when questioned about. OGB made what appeared to be a mostly joke post, and spent the remainder of the game ignoring people asking him to post something more meaningful. To say they both players did "nonsensical" stuff and therefore both ought to be equal in everyone's eyes is itself a nonsensical position to take.

So, Darkdude, do you have anything more meaningful to say now? (look, I'm coaching again).

Mufasa: I would very much like to hear your rationale for choosing to "block" Korts last night. And I would really like it if the answer was not a one line response to the effect of "I thought he was scummy." Give me something more substantial please.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #17) » Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote: my disagreeing entirely with your point here aside, i don't see why you had to
make
this point when the whole matter is already over and done. it doesn't matter when there was sufficient evidence to really merit a lynch in your opinion or mine, what matters is that very early on something from ogb tripped sensors, pressure was applied, and he and other players responded in a way that can now be analyzed.

the fact that you're going about this by continuing to question whether or not i was right to attack ogb when i did looks to me like an attempt to discredit my personal scumhunting ability in order to save yourself from what new evidence i just presented implicating you.
Well, it was inspired by your #352, where it appeared that you were pointing the finger at everyone who didn't condemn OGB immediately - with each post described by you variously as defending, deflecting or coaching. And that's simply wrong. Which ought to be obvious. You've got something like 7 people mentioned in that post. Clearly not all, or even most of those people are going to turn out to have been scumbuddies with OGB. I disagree with your
analysis
. And when you make these kind of conclusive statements based on little to nothing, I find it annoying.
rofl wrote::roll: being facetious does not help your cause
Sure it does.

:roll:
rofl wrote:look, seriously, its time for you to find another axe to grind. i'm already of the opinion that you spent the entire day yesterday grilling mufasa as a means to avoid meaningful interaction with anyone or anything else, and now that we've had scumflips from two different factions on people who were doing their very best to get mufasa lynched for shitty reasons we can all rest easy knowing that the guy is basically confirmed town. you don't need to waste energy and everyone's time giving him the third degree again.
So sorry, but I won't be placing Mufasa in the "confirmed town" category anytime soon. He appears to me to be almost completely untrustworthy. He said precisely zip about Korts yesterday. He named several other people who he thought were scummy. And yet he apparently didn't decide to block one of those scummy people he mentioned, but someone else he had never mentioned. And now he says that Korts was one of his "sneaking" suspicions (along with the other people who he actually, you know, talked about). No, he does not get the Mantle of Trust from me.

I can agree there are bigger fish to fry at the moment, though.

Some of the things I was going to say have been said by SpyreX in terms of people who appear unlikely to be a part of the "Russian" Mafia. The Russian Mafia would not likely have chosen to bus their own 1-shot vig. so early in the game based a minor point they could have easily ignored. That makes:

Charter (post #19), and
Korts (post #21)

Very
unlikely to be Russian Mafia.

I'll also put rofl (post #23) in there as well, but I actually think it's slightly weaker than the others as an indication of non-alignment, mainly because of the
vehemence
with which rofl attacked OGB. I thought then, and still think the attack was way out of proportion to the offense. But to believe rofl was scumbuddies with OGB you'd have to believe he decided to seriously gambit on his own team's 1-shot vig. right from the outset, just to try and set himself up to look better later in the game, and I don't really think that.

x (post #24) is somewhat interesting. He votes OGB, furthering the wagon that's building, but does it in a joking way - not a serious way. My feeling is that if a scumbuddy was going to jump on a growing wagon like this, he'd do it more seriously, because it was turning into a real wagon at that point. That looked okay for X, but then, in post #115, he asks rofl why OGB's first post could be grounds for a lynch, and I don't get him asking rofl that question at that time. I mean, X voted for OGB so what's he criticizing here exactly? And then in #231, the unvote of OGB to vote Mufasa is somewhat questionable, mainly because OGB had done nothing to merit an unvote. X can say that Mufasa simply surpassed OGB in terms of scumminess in his eyes, and this might be the truth, but it's still somewhat suspect.

I think the combination of posts #25, #27, and #36 make a very strong argument that Seraphim is not Russian Mafia either.

SpyRex (#128) looks okay for not being aligned with OGB, mainly because the clusterfuck that was Mufasa had happened at this point and, if SpyreX was aligned with OGB, Mufasa would have been
such
an easy target at that time. To decide to bus your 1-shot vig. at that particular moment seems unlikely.

Starbuck, on the other hand, could easily be aligned with OGB based on the way she was posting. The way she voted for Mufasa in #136 seems especially suspect.

I agree with most of what ekiM has said this game. #133 and #149 make me feel reasonably confident he's not Russian Mafia either.

Darkdude (#149) could also easily be aligned with OGB.

Populartajo's #263 is pretty bad. Aside from having Inhim and thAdmiral as "Town" he's got OGB as "Neutral" and says he doesn't get the hate.

Tubby's vote in #315 might make it slightly less likely he's Russian Mafia, but doesn't mean a whole lot one way or the other due to his tremendous lurking.

Summary: People not likely to be Russian Mafia:

Charter
Korts
Rofl
Seraphim
SpyreX
ekiM
(Me!)

People who easily could be:

Starbuck
Darkdude
Populartajo
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #18) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote: Good Votes:
Rofl - has laid out a case against me being linked to ThAdmiral...I'll get to debunking this case later in this post.

Korts - You don't give up, do you? Rather than saying that everything I say is scummy, why not actually post a case? Are all my posts scummy? Why? Please, enlighten me.
Why do you have Korts listed under "good votes?" This doesn't read like you think it's a good vote.
Seraphim wrote:
Roflcopter's case:

...Also, you seem to be missing something rather obvious...the OTHER member of the Italian Mafia killed last night. You say it looks like distancing, but I have been attacking him since he started posting. If he hadn't died last night, I would been voting for him today.
Your interaction with inHim is probably the most suspect thing against you. Starting with #151 where you said "I'm sorry" to inHim before you said his post sounded scummy. Have you apologized to anyone else for thinking they made a scummy post this game? It was oddly deferential.

In that same post you did that weird thing where you
unvoted
Mufasa, while maintaining he was still your top choice for scum, but thought the wagon was moving too fast, and didn't think that pressure was going to do any good anyway.

InHim and thAdmiral were virtual non-entities on Day 1. They arrived late and didn't have all that much to say, so it's somewhat suspect that you formed such a
strong
read on him so quickly. That seems to be a theme this game.
Seraphim wrote:Your entire case provides absolutely no real proof that I am scum. All your evidence is circumstantial and hinges on the fact that I am Italian Mafia. What if I'm Russian Mafia? What if I'm town? What if I'm an SK?
I don't think you're Russian Mafia. I think, if you're scum, you can only be Italian Mafia, some other as yet unrevealed Mafia, or SK.
Seraphim wrote:
I feel like partially claiming...
So, I will. I am a member of the Lower Roccisi Neighborhood. My neighbor doesn't need to claim and confirm me if he doesn't want to out himself. Discuss.
Your logic for making this claim:
Because I find it extremely unlikely that two of these groups exist. I knew when I received the neighbor role that there was most likely going to be a scum mason group. I seriously doubt there would be two which is why I'm fairly sure my partner is town. Hopefully, my partner will come to the same conclusion.
Is poor. These are not "Mason" groups by definition. InHim was Italian Mafia and part of a group. Logically, there will be at least one Russian Mafia who is also part of a separate group. And if there's a SK he could easily be part of a group.

You'd do better arguing that the Italian Mafia (which rofl thinks you are) wouldn't have 2 members who were also in different groups with townies. That would seem unusual, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible. What rofl said about it being unlikely that there's any more Italian Mafia in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood is probably correct, but that's about as far as it goes in terms of "clearing" anyone.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #19) » Fri May 29, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Axelrod »

Korts wrote:
Axel wrote:These are not "Mason" groups by definition. InHim was Italian Mafia and part of a group. Logically, there will be at least one Russian Mafia who is also part of a separate group. And if there's a SK he could easily be part of a group.
Why do you assume the setup is symmetric? The Russians could easily have other perks instead of being part of a neighbourhood.
Because it's logical?

It's certainly more logical than Seraphim's "I don't think any other scums will be members of groups so claiming a group should clear me." post, which is what I was actually responding to.

I don't assume perfect symmetry either, but that much seems like a fairly easy conclusion.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #20) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Axelrod »

All right. I can go with this for now.

Vote: Alvinz

I'd like to hear a claim from Alvinz before lynch.

I don't exactly trust Caboose yet, but I always like it when people put themselves out there, so let's rock.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #21) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Axelrod »

I would really prefer that we didn't lynch Alvinz without even hearing a claim (even if
some
people seem to think that's scummy). Caboose may have had "role based" info on Alvinz on Day 1, but he didn't vote for Alvinz initially, and today, he hasn't voted for either of the people he's supposed to have info. on. So, I still have questions.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #22) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Axelrod »

This may sound obvious, but I don't care.

Alvinz comes up scum, all's well. Someone with a vig. kill should take care of Skitzer during the night.

Alvinz comes up town, Caboose is scum or (a very, very stupid) Paranoid/Insane Cop. Either way, the same hypothetical vig., needs to take him down.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 am

Post by Axelrod »

charter wrote: Should rofl's mason buddy claim? I think he should.
I think he should if he's the last one. If there was a 3-man Masonry, then it's probably unnecessary still.

Also, if there was anyone else in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood I think he/she should claim it, as there's been a Russian and an Italian in that neighborhood already. It doesn't totally clear said person(s), but I think it looks pretty good.

Along the same lines, if it was a townie 1-shot vig that capped Skitzer, you might consider claiming it (if you are currently under suspicion).

Waiting for Caboose before voting. Of these living people:

02. tubby216
03. darkdude
05. ekiM
06. iamausername
09. populartajo
10. Seraphim
12. Korts
14. X
15. Mixologist
17. HowardRoark
19. charter
20. SpyreX
21. Caboose
22. Axelrod

I've got these as pretty solidly town (not including myself):

05. ekiM
06. iamausername
12. Korts
19. charter
20. SpyreX
21. Caboose

Leaving:

02. tubby216
03. darkdude
09. populartajo
10. Seraphim
14. X
15. Mixologist
17. HowardRoark

I think X and Mix probably look the next best out of that group. There should be at least 2 scum, and possibly more.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Axelrod »

I'm totally down with Tubby's claim. Add one more townie to the list as far as I'm concerned. This also means there's a better than even chance Caboose could make it through another Night tonight, which is definitely a good thing.

Also, Korts: everything ekiM said just now made complete and total sense. There was nothing there to argue with, because it was all perfectly reasonable. Please note, I'm not saying that everything ekiM said was CORRECT. I don't know if it was correct or not. You say you've got some "role-based" info. That's great for you. I'm saying that for someone without said info. it was logical and made sense and was a perfectly reasonable thing to assume. You jumping on him for it, to the point of practically calling him scum seems off.

I like most of what you've said, and I'm still sticking with the "Not Russian" impression I've got. But I suppose Italian is still a possiblilty....

Also, reviewing the list of abilities this game, I'm pretty sure I don't know what kind of role-based info would allow you to know that a kill was attempted and failed on Night 0 unless (1) you were attempting that kill yourself, or (2) someone tried to kill
you
and you had a Bulletproof vest. Just saying.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Korts wrote: You know, it's not particularly pro-town to muse about these things out loud. I can think of at least one other way other than these
or
the actual case if it isn't one of the above, though, just off the top of my head.
It is completely "pro-town" to "muse" about things out loud, plus, if you didn't want that to happen I rather think you ought not have brought it up in the first place. Why did you do that again? Just to quash ekiM speculating that Skitzer was responsible for the kill on N0?

I usually post with the assumption that the Mafia are not stupid and will figure out obvious things, so I am not particularly concerned talking about them.

dum de dum de dum....
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Wow, Darkdude, that's such a completely ridiculous thing to say I'm almost believing it.

But if it did mean anything, it would only mean you and Alvinz weren't on the same team, which does not make you not scum. You have yet to say anything this whole game that gives me confidence you aren't scum. Are you ready to start trying yet?

If not, then I think you should probably just claim.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Axelrod »

HowardRoark wrote: I believe that we have a better chance by leaving tubby216 alive for now. If he is an investigation-safe scum, the other scum group should be attempting to take him out at some point soon. If he is a bodyguard mason, then either team should be attempting to take him out in order to get to Caboose. (*braces for the accusations* Go ahead . . . let them fly!)
Was a Tubby lynch even on the table here? What are you talking about?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Axelrod »

iamausername wrote: He is wearing a big furry hat, drinking vodka, riding a bear through the snow, and if you open him up, you will find a smaller darkdude inside, which itself contains a series of increasingly smaller darkdudes, each one of which has surrended all property and wealth to a single self-perpetuating political party.
This post wins the thread.

ekiM: it's not that I really feel like defending Seraphim all that much, but the "inconsistency" you just pointed out doesn't seem like much of a slip. In fact, I think it's impossible for it to be a slip unless there are 0 town in the Lower Rocissi Neighborhood, and Seraphim knows this. Because the town in that neighborhood obviously know how many of them there are, and it's not like Seraphim could ever fake or misrepresent it successfully. Also, why would he do this? The only reason would seem to be so that a fellow scum could fake-claim to be in that neighborhood when he really wasn't - which doesn't work when there are non-scum members. If that was his cunning plan, he would probably have been killing off all the other members these past few nights.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote: I want to know if he plans on investigating me tonight. He may or may not get a guilty depending on what investigative role he actually has.
If he's getting "Guilty" then you are either scum or a Miller. Are you claiming Miller?

Or are you just claiming to have a Gun, and asking if Caboose is really a Gunsmith? Caboose should not be answering that question.

If you are claiming to have a Gun. Do you want to claim responsibility for any of the deaths we've seen?

Last call for anyone else in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood. It would be somewhat amusing if two opposing scum were the only ones in there.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote:If he is a normal Cop, then he will get an innocent result.

If he is a Gunsmith, he will receive a guilty result.

I do not claim responsibility for any of the kills made so far in this game.

That's all I will say.
No. if he were a Gunsmith, he would get "Yes." Since the question is "Does this player have a gun." Which does not technically say anything about alignment.

I'll go slightly out on a limb and say that - if you still have a kill in your pocket and have not used it yet - this weighs in your towniness favor.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote:Hmmm. If I get closer to lynch range, I'll pull out another reason keeping me alive might be a good idea.
I think I'd rather just hear this reason now.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim and X claiming Soloist vigilantes looks good for both of them, in as much as if one were scum the other would have been very likely to have killed his neighbor already to get access to the vig. shot.

Now, they could be scum together and gambiting, but that would mean 4-man scum teams, and it's still quite a risk, since if one goes down the other is instantly exposed.

So, I think people ought to lay off Sera. at least for the moment.

Darkdude I'm still mulling. He's been useless by his own admission and seems actively reluctant to try harder. That doesn't look too good. Now he seems to be essentially throwing in the towel. Question is whether that's the kind of thing he'd do as scum vs. town, which I don't really know. I'm going to try and read a little more and then I'll either vote him or make a serious case against someone else.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Axelrod »

Well, I reviewed Darkdude and he's quite literally said nothing this entire game that gives me a "town" feeling. Not every post is screaming "SCUM" either, but this far into a game, I'd expect
something
to come across as genuine - even bad players who are scum will occasionally say townie-sounding things. But I got nothing. The most I can say for him is that some of his posts raise big WIFOM banners - i.e., would he
really
say that if he was scum....

So, I'm pretty much ready to drop the hammer, but (1) we have a missing player, and (2) I'm not sure if everyone who might want to say something has said their piece yet.

Of everyone else, I like the lurkiest people the least - which is HowardRoark and populartajo. If there's a scum who isn't one of these people (or the absent Mixologist) then I think that person is playing pretty well right now.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Axelrod »

Lowell wrote:What up, happy people? Lowell is here. All will soon be revealed.

I'm impressed with the hilariously productive town we've got here so far. Not that you really need me, but at some point I'll read through and post my thoughts, making all things clear. Give me a couple of days.
Anyway you can do this faster, considering we're sitting on the brink of a lynch right now?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

Darkdude feels to me right now exactly the same way OGB did. I'm happy to wait for Lowel to get caught up, but I don't see my vote going anywhere else.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Axelrod »

All right, Lowell has had his say. I don't find anything hugely scummy in what he has posted so far. I'm not a far of big summary type lists (anymore, but I confess I used to be, so not reading anything into that), but I do think the fact he was evaluating his former self along with everyone else is a point in favor.

Vote: Darkdude

I'm ready to move on.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”