Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

When playing, I assume that people do things for a reason. Sometimes they don't realize they are doing it, or don't realize that their motivations are showing. Two of you had interesting inputs, and both have possibly shady origins. Certainly either could be innocent comments, and that should be explored, but right now, I think having 2 avenues for discussion is certainly better than an RVS.
The only thing that gives me pause at all is why the hell would Ecto be so transparently aggressive before the end of page one?
Fixt.

I've tried not being aggressive. It has never lasted very long other than right after I got out of the hospital.

Spyrex, there are 2 issues I have with your statement.
First, it was a bit out of the blue. Maybe a humorous first post, sure, but an interesting topic to just start out with nonetheless. You chose the topic on purpose. Why you did, I don't really know, but it caught my attention.
Secondly, when I first read it, I thought you said 36 pages. Had you said
that
I probably would have left it alone because 36 pages in a 12 player mini would be a huge chunk of text. But I went back and you didn't. You specifically mentioned
days
, and in forum mafia where some people only get in to post every 2-3 days, they may only have 10-15 posts total for the span of that day. You know as well as I do that some go even longer than 3 days, and pop in with an "I'm here."
Also, by putting a time restriction instead of a size restriction on when you think the day has gone long enough, all you have to do as a scum team to restrict information is to slow post (you don't actually have to lurk, just wait an extra day to respond). Some wishy washy foot dragging tossed in, and it wouldn't be hard for you to get to that 30 day mark and start pressing to get the day over with.

So your phrasing and that it was unprompted puts you up there as my first suspicious player.

Porkens is 2nd, not for the weird, I can handle weird. But going through a dialogue to basically say that a 3rd vote on Spring isn't scummy, but then unvoting and tossing a random vote instead has me wondering why he didn't stay on Spring, and if he wasn't, why go through the rigamarole of demonstrating that to do so was a null tell?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Adel »

vote: SpyreX

Dance for me poppet!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Adel »

Ectomancer wrote:Your re-written quote is cute, I must admit. The difference of course is that I didn't make such an opinion out of the blue in the RVS stage. Had you been Spyrex altering that quote, I would label it OMGUS. I guess you are OMGUS by proxy :P
either that, or it is page 1 chainsaw defense.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:11 am

Post by Porkens »

Ectomancer wrote:You certainly voted for Spring, putting you at least temporarily on that wagon. At least long enough for that round about you were having with yourself. You appeared to be making the point that a 3rd vote on Spring really didn't mean all that much and it was fine for it to stay there. You were right.
MY MASTER GAMBIT PLAN WORKED NOW WE HAVE NO RVS
This is why I assumed you were trying to get out of the random voting stage, and the vote on Spring was a good step in that direction. You dropped that random vote on Spyrex though, seemingly abandoning what looked like a perfectly fine move. So, why you abandoned it is confusing to me. All that just to go to a random vote? Makes no sense, so I have to wonder why, and the main thing that sticks out is that you didn't actually want to vote for Spring for some reason.
See, I knew you were going to say that! Yes, if spring had been at l-1 that would have been a hammer. So, in the most technical sense; yes I was on the wagon; fair enough.

The dialogue was supposed to be funny, and a satire of typical day 1 exchanges. Since everything was in quotes and caps and I was filling in everyone elses lines for them, I thought it would be obvious...? :twisted:
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Heh, it was humorous. The question to me is, what else did you do? The actual votes on Spring and the subsequent random(?) vote on Spyrex are also there. Those are actions to me, not part of the humor. I'm looking at what was actually accomplished there. I'm a little surprised that your return was that it was all humor. That was all you meant to accomplish is a bit of fun? If so, wouldn't it have been just as fun to leave your vote on Spring? So...why
didn't
you leave it there?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Zorblag »

Troll gives warm greetings to all. Troll will start with a
Vote: Artem
. Him be the first, alphabetically by user name, who no has posted since the game began.

Troll no be inclined to be troubled by either Spyrex's opening comment on the deadline or Porken's dialogue. Calling Porken's vote for springlullaby part of the wagon on her seems a bit of a stretch to Troll, but so be it. Troll also realizes that Ectomancer be using what him had to work with so far in the game for his post so his stance be a fine way to start things.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Herodotus »

Porkens:
Was the point of your quote block in 21, particularly your fos on Ectomancer, sincere?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Herodotus »

unvote
vote: Spyrex

because day 1 has been going on long enough. :lol:
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Elmo »

vote herodotus
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Artem »

Ectomancer wrote: Also, by putting a time restriction instead of a size restriction on when you think the day has gone long enough, all you have to do as a scum team to restrict information is to slow post (you don't actually have to lurk, just wait an extra day to respond). Some wishy washy foot dragging tossed in, and it wouldn't be hard for you to get to that 30 day mark and start pressing to get the day over with.
Ecto, the number 36 is not arbitrary and the fact that you haven't picked up on it tells me that Spyrex is paying more attention to the game (by reading every single post) than you:
the mod wrote: 5) Each day will have an autodeadline of (number of living players*3) RL days, i.e. Day 1 will be 36 days long.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Touche'

Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Artem »

Porkens, given the cast of this game, I think we're all familiar with the cliche motions of Day 1. But it is these motions that typically generate content. As such, a third vote on spring
would
have been useful, even if it did lead to the typical scenario described by your self-dialogue.

The fact that you decided not to stick with the vote boggles me a little. So, I think we should kick off the typical flow of Day 1 from step 2 (the person who messed up on step 1):
Vote: Porkens
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Bah, forgot to unvote. I concede to Artem's point.

unvote

Leads me to my 2nd oddity.

vote Porkens

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Adel »

could all players please answer the following questions:

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
2. what are your on-going games?
3. what is your personal definition of lurking?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
6. what other sites have you played at within the last six months?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex, there are 2 issues I have with your statement.
First, it was a bit out of the blue. Maybe a humorous first post, sure, but an interesting topic to just start out with nonetheless. You chose the topic on purpose. Why you did, I don't really know, but it caught my attention.
Secondly, when I first read it, I thought you said 36 pages. Had you said that I probably would have left it alone because 36 pages in a 12 player mini would be a huge chunk of text. But I went back and you didn't. You specifically mentioned days, and in forum mafia where some people only get in to post every 2-3 days, they may only have 10-15 posts total for the span of that day. You know as well as I do that some go even longer than 3 days, and pop in with an "I'm here."
Also, by putting a time restriction instead of a size restriction on when you think the day has gone long enough, all you have to do as a scum team to restrict information is to slow post (you don't actually have to lurk, just wait an extra day to respond). Some wishy washy foot dragging tossed in, and it wouldn't be hard for you to get to that 30 day mark and start pressing to get the day over with.
Why I chose it? I read the rules and saw that day 1 was slated to be 36 days long and after I threw up inside a little bit at that idea then posted as such. I really dont think its all that strange.

As for the time restriction business. We have a deadline. A deadline that I think is too long, but a deadline nonetheless. If the idea was to drag my feet until the day was over... why would I make a statement when the main catalyst for it is already in place?

This combined with the fact (as much as I hate meta) you've played in a game with me not all that long ago where I asked for a deadline AND the first day went something like 38 pages in a 10 person game is just off.
Adel wrote:could all players please answer the following questions:

4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
I REFUSE TO BE A PART OF THIS SUREFIRE ATTEMPT TO SUCKLE ALL THE INFORMATION NECESSARY TO SUBJUGATE US WITH YOUR DARKNESS

Or.

1.)
Open 122: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26&start=0
Mini 741: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 61&start=0
Mini 702: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1250
Mini 758: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=475
Mini 739: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=875
Mini 712: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=725
Newbie 723: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=250
You can also check my wiki if there is others I've missed. I haven't updated it in a while, but.

2.)
Mini 706 (dead): http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 54&start=0
Wheel of Time Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1300
Lynch All Lurkers Mafia (dead): http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46&start=0
Street Fighter 4 Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 48&start=0

3.) There's two kinds of lurking that worry me. The simple "I can't remember you are in the game" litmus test for actually not playing the game (that once is realized normally becomes "You have to get lynched because you are lurking so badly I can't remember you are in the game.") and the more insidious content-lurking. Lots of posts, lots of words... but not a lot of meaning.

4.) Spring, Ecto, Porkens, Vi(ish).
Zorblag(ish), tajo, &flay in ongoings.
Ish means that one of us replaced into the game after the other was dead. So. ;)

5.) None.

6.) Epicmafia doesn't really count as mafia, but sure.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

1: I think I did this last game we were in. Seriously too tedious for me to go through again. I haven't played in 2 months now.

2: This one

3: People who pop in every 4 days with 1 liners.

4: Adel, Springlullaby, Zorblag, spyrex. I think.

5: none

6: none

Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Artem »

Newbie 716 (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10068)
Open 123 (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10636)
Mini 743 (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10488)
Mini 727 (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10182)

There are others, but these are the most noteworthy.

2. This is the only game in which I'm alive right now.

3. When I feel that somebody's keeping up with the game, but purposefully refusing to provide content, I'd call them lurking.

4. Ecto, Spring, Hero, Tajo

5. None

6. None
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 am

Post by springlullaby »

I think Ecto is townish with his contribution so far and Spyrex comes off as weaker in the exchange, I don't think Ecto qualify as 'trying too hard', what he has said so far makes sense and I find the level of aggression to be adequate.

Adel wrote:could all players please answer the following questions:

I gotta say I don't really see the point to these questions mafia wise and I'd like an explanation for the choice of each of them please. I'd also like you to answer your own questionnaire. My request is only vaguely mafia motivated, I'm kind of just curious about your alts and turnabout is only fair play I guess. Now,

1. From the top of my head, Hack Poetry Mini Normal; Killing Verses Mini Theme; Town of Merrin Mini Normal; Freelancer Large Theme.
2. Chosen Mini Theme; Beards Mini Normal; And Then There were None Mini Theme; DHDSM.
3. People who don't post.
4. In the last six months? Ectomancer and poptajo(ongoing) I think.
5. Nyballosulgniirkps
6. No comment.

Atm, I think Porkens not keeping that third vote on is good bread.
Vote Porkens
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Quite a few questions Adel, what is the town supposed to get out of it other than indulging your own curiosity (or maybe you are building umpteen info status charts).
Are we supposed to get short term benefits for the questions (I do fail to see the point). If not, do we need to wait before you give a summary with conclusions?
Do you think it distracts from the current building bandwagons? Could this have waited until later? It seems more like a technique for when the game slows down, so I dont see that reasoning. If it was simply to stir discussion, without any other real reason behind it, don't you think it is actually a distraction for the current thread?
Judgement call good or bad? Distracting from a Porkens wagon that seems to be building would be what I consider poor play (save it till later when things stall). I know you like to have at least 2 competing bandwagons, but how is that going to accomplish it?

P.S. - I think I left off Artem (and maybe VI). My memory isn't the best...

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by populartajo »

Elmo wrote:
vote herodotus
I agree.

Unvote Vote: Herodotus.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Zorblag »

First off, Artem has now posted. Troll will
unvote
and
Vote: Vi
. The potential vote for Mr. Flay which would have come next accomplishes too little for even Troll to bother with it.

Troll will let Adel answer Ectomancer's questions. Troll has a few opinions that Troll might share after but seeing what Adel has to say first seems worthwhile.

For Adel's questions/requests:

1 and 2. It be easiest to look on Troll's wiki. It has the games broken down by current, finished as town and finished as scum. It covers slighty over 6 months but not by so much as to be bothersome Troll thinks.

3. Like a couple others Troll would break lurking into a couple categories. There be lurking by not posting for long stretches and active lurking which be anything where the player be posting but not making a noticeable effort to find scum. Troll answering these questions would probably count as active lurking if Troll made a pattern of this sort of thing and no contributed in other ways. Adel asking for the information be less likely to.

4. Troll thinks it just be populartajo. Spyrex did join a game after Troll died but we no had direct interaction. Troll no can think of the game that Ectomancer has in mind that Troll might have played with him.

5. None.

6. None.

Troll had failed to pick up on the fact that Ectomancer no had noticed the number of days to deadline when interacting with SpyreX. It be somewhat curious given the way the game was opened:
caf19 wrote:Day 1 begins. With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Autodeadline for 36 days from now (18 June, 11pm BST).
Troll would be interested in knowing if Elmo had a reason for his vote and whether him has any other reactions to what has been said thus far.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by populartajo »

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months? I
have played tons of games in the last 6 months. Link them would be a pain in the ass. From the top of my head. All WIH, Family Guy, Past ages, Drawn together, Insane Assylum, etc

Im in LAL, this game, Nasubi, Adel games, MKM, And there were none, Chosen, open 141,

Not posting or posting dumb things to avoid prod.

Adel, spring, zorblag, spyrex, Vi, Artem, Elmo

I have some alts, try to guess them.

None.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by populartajo »

Adel should also answer her own questions.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by populartajo »

Lol
his.
Call me Tajo.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by caf19 »

Votecount

Vi (2): SpyreX, Zorblag
SpyreX (3): Porkens, Adel, Herodotus