Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by Tarballs »

iamausername wrote:
Tarballs wrote:There was a twist in this game: All mafia members only had 2 bullets at start of the game, and the only way for them to get more bullets was by having a Bulletsmith send some for them.
Telling us the game is semi-open and then putting in hidden twists seems kind of bastardy to me. :?
My reviewers didn't see a problem in that.

The reason why I came up with that twist was the Bulletsmith role, as I needed to have a plan in case he gives bullets to the mafia. The other choice was just to have them gain additional night kill(s), but that could've made the game too swingy.

In the original setup the Godfather also had an immunity to Gunsmith investigations, and there was a Hitman in place of the Ninja.

I think Artem played his role as a Self-Watcher in the best way possible. Xtoxm's early claim worked out quite fine as well. I should've had a Watcher and a Tracker as possible mafia roles so that there would've been a bit more suspicion on those two.

Deadline and activity rules seem to be quite good, but rule 13 will definitely be changed for my next game.

If Sotty7 and Pablo Molinero have nothing against it, I could post the Mafia QuickTopic link.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Percy »

I think that in a game like this, there is definitely going to be a massclaim. I don't see how we could have proceeded any differently than with the general strategy of catching scum in lies about their powers.

I agree that lynching kabe was not great. However, Sotty breadcrumbed his fakeclaim, and I didn't want to lose our 0-shot vig, so I thought we could immobilise Sotty and still get good info.

It would have been very different if the town power roles were all dead, but everyone was still alive. But even then, the town would have tried to play the game the way we played it - trying to verify claims.

The plan wasn't solid, and I trusted too much in it. However, I will say that had we known that the mafia only had two bullets each at the beginning of our planmaking stage, we could have reasoned our way either to a 'don't know, abandon plans' or 'this plan is solid'. Our error was in assuming that all information was provided to us at the beginning of the game, and I don't think we were wrong to think that.

So, yeah, I'm a little annoyed that we didn't know the scum only had two bullets each, but it was an enjoyable game.

Thanks everyone!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I have no issue with the posting of the QT
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, go for it.

And whoo, my first as-mafia win! I'm glad I sent the kill on day 2, we really needed that. I was shocked that the possibility of me-RB, Sotty-Ninja was so quickly passed over, but I sure as hell wasn't gonna bring it up. Town played a great game, nailing one of us on D1 and had me near panicking the whole time. We caught a break with CJ and the quick D2 and fortunately the Sotty lynch fell apart. With some gentle prodding everything else fell into place after that. X did a great job getting himself out of a bad spot when he began and Artem claiming so early was certainly a thorn in our side.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Tarballs »

Okay then, here it is.
MeMe
MeMe