Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, I'm curious as to what you think I was being wishy washy about; saying "meh" does not make me wishy washy when I pretty specifically state that I'm not suspicious of either Camm or GC based on their exchange; I thought I made my opinions pretty clear.

=======================
Page 3 Votecount

camn (2/7): Korts, Green Crayons
charter (0/7):
DizzyIzzyB13 (1/7): Ether,
Ether (0/7):
Green Crayons (2/7): Xdaamno, camn
Incognito (0/7):
Korts (0/7):
OhGodMyLife (0/7):
Patrick (1/7): Incognito
skitzer (1/7): charter
Xdaamno (1/7): Yosarian2
Yosarian2 (0/7):

Not voting (4/12):

OhGodMyLife, skitzer, DizzyIzzyB13, Patrick

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
============================
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Korts wrote: I don't like Yos' wishy-washy post 39. He's "meh" on both semi-serious points of discussion, and votes randomly, apparently.
Randomally? Of course not, what gave you that idea?
Your vote having seemingly no relvence to the rest of your post indicates randomness. If it;'s not random, explain, please!
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Korts »

I apologize: wishy washy wasn't the term I was looking for. On the fence, I meant.
scumchat never die
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Korts wrote: I don't like Yos' wishy-washy post 39. He's "meh" on both semi-serious points of discussion, and votes randomly, apparently.
Your vote having seemingly no relvence to the rest of your post indicates randomness. If it;'s not random, explain, please!
Ok; the reason I thought it would be clear is that I generally wouldn't make a completly random vote with other stuff going on.

Which isn't to say I had an especally strong reason to vote; just that I wasn't interested in voting GC or Camm, I wasn't interested in voting Ether or Incognito; I was tempted to vote someone who hadn't posted yet, as per my standard vote at that stage, but everyone had posted; I wanted to vote patrick, but he already is managing to give me pro-town vibes with his magical "I always give Yosarian protown vibes" machine, damn his eyes; after reading everyone's posts, the person who seemed the least pro-town to me, by some tiny percentage, was Xyl, since this was his only post to date:
Xdaamno wrote:
Vote: Green Crayons

wagon '09 wooooo
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korts wrote:I apologize: wishy washy wasn't the term I was looking for. On the fence, I meant.
Not really on the fence either; if two people are fighting, and I say that I don't really think either one of them looks scummy, that's not being on the fense, is it?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Incognito »

Green Crayons, according to you, the logic you used to base your vote on Yosarian2 was the fact that he was on the end of the [player] list. You then added that because he still hadn't posted within the thread since you placed your vote, this gave you more reason to consider your vote logically valid. The issue I have with this is unless you're a
psychic
(ha ha I crack myself up)
you couldn't have possibly known that Yosarian2 wasn't gonna post after you placed your vote on him. The fact that you've now twice reaffirmed this fact (that Yosarian2 had yet to make a post) makes me feel like you're using after-the-fact justification to show why your vote is more logically sound and therefore better than camn's.

In response to the second half of your response, can you point to the camn-posts that made you feel like she was becoming "defensive"? I got the feeling that she was annoyed by you, maybe that she even
disliked
you, but not that she became defensive. I'm curious as to why your read of her actions differs from mine.

Post 36, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:One person being serious does not mean the game is taking a turn for the serious.
Errr... but wasn't it Green Crayons's argument against camn that made you think that the game was turning for the serious? That seems like a single person to me. Like Ether also seems like a single person to me. Do you have a habit of unvoting when the game leaves random and becomes serious?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by camn »

You are my favorite again.
Xylthixm is out.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Incognito »

camn wrote:You are my favorite again.
Xylthixm is out.
<3
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Korts »

Yosarian2 wrote:
You gave no reason, and it was your first post, so it's a natural assumption that the vote was arbitrarily placed.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Incognito wrote:
Post 36, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:One person being serious does not mean the game is taking a turn for the serious.
Errr... but wasn't it Green Crayons's argument against camn that made you think that the game was turning for the serious? That seems like a single person to me. Like Ether also seems like a single person to me. Do you have a habit of unvoting when the game leaves random and becomes serious?
No. Since Camn and Green were engaged in what appeared to be serious discussion, and Ether had talked about being serious, that made a quarter of the game engaging in more serious behaviour. That seems a fair point to think we're taking a turn out of RVS. And whilst I don't quiote have a habit of unvoting when we leave RVS, I'm trying to make it a habit on account of being caught out with votes on the wrong people at the wrong time when I've forgotten to move my votes away. Seems sensible to avoid that, no?
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I group quotations by the people who made them for easy reading.
Kort wrote:Note that I haven't checked all of your games by far, but going back 9 games, you only voted for the player at the bottom of the list once. Your claim of "at end of list" being a common reason for random votes doesn't seem to be particularly credible so far.
Meh. Four out of the past eight games - including this one (you only went back seven games and not nine as you stated) - I have used my first posts/vote towards something constructive. That's half where I shunned randomness altogether. Of the remaining four random votes, twice I voted last on the list and once I voted last to confirm. Additionally, I'm sure if you look at QTs and N1 kills (prior to a D1) when I'm at scum, I at least mention killing the first or last on the list for "randomness" in a few of them to scum partners. So, when I falter and use "randomness," I find that I stick to a pattern: the last of X.

Anyways, it's just something I fall back on if I feel it necessary to be "random;" but, apparently, not across the board all the time. And this really seems like an inane point of conversation - while I appreciate your thoroughness, I'm curious as to what end?
Kort wrote:Yet you have a stated tendency to always use the same reason for a first vote. Don't you think those two things are contradictory?
No. You yourself have pointed out that I use "random" as an excuse to vote only sparingly (see above). I misspoke earlier when I said that last on the list was my usual place for my first vote. I should have said it's my usual place for my first vote when it's random. I don't enjoy using random votes (as seen in my voting history) and when I do I usually quickly attempt to latch to something else (anecdotal evidence: here; feel free to check other games as well, though) if I can.

camn wrote:And defensiveness is not a scumtell!
In and of itself, of course not. I would be the first one to agree with you. But, I didn't list it in a vacuum. Coupled with my other points, I think it's a valid point of criticism.

skit wrote:Green Crayons in Post 35: although I definitely agree with your analysis of camn's vote reasons, I think you are beginning to blow things out of proportion.
I find this kind of rhetoric pointless. I'm "blowing things out of proportion" by making conversation and placing a better-than-random-but-far-from-perfect vote on a player because I'm following analysis that you agree with? ...Right. At no point have I even suggested that we should all start pushing for a camn lynch at this point - and in staying well short of that, I don't see how I'm "blowing things out of proportion." I'm just (aggressively, perhaps, but whatever, this is how I play and I don't find it to be that way) following a strand of conversation that I want to explore.

I normally find statements like this to be suspicious when they're made alone. It hints that I should bide my time until it's agreed upon that the silly stage is over and we can take off the gloves to get down to business. But the fact that skit prefaces it with "I agree with your analysis, but..." makes it look like he's trying to be on everyone's side so nobody becomes suspicious of him. Active fence sitting is scummy.
FOS

Incog wrote:The issue I have with this is unless you're a psychic...
Tee hee.
Incog wrote:...you couldn't have possibly known that Yosarian2 wasn't gonna post after you placed your vote on him.
Yes. And? I don't see your point. One usually votes another player who isn't posting with the intent for them to go "Oh, look. I'm in this game. And someone's voting me! I'm going to post."
Incog wrote:The fact that you've now twice reaffirmed this fact (that Yosarian2 had yet to make a post) makes me feel like you're using after-the-fact justification to show why your vote is more logically sound and therefore better than camn's.
There's a difference between shaky logic and bad logic. Shaky logic is weak (see: Ether's 9) and probably won't hold up past a few pages unless it somehow struck gold. I'll admit I have been using shaky logic up until this point - it's par for the course at the beginning of Day One. But then there's bad logic. Logic which is rotten at its core. Which has absolutely no chance in hell in making any sort of rational sense. At any point in time. And the worst kind of bad logic
sounds
decent, but when you actually look at it it's a steaming pile. I'm not trying to show how my logic is sturdy. It isn't. But it makes sense and if Yos never showed up I'm sure it would have become more and more pertinent. But he did show up, so I dropped it. What I am doing is showing how camn's logic is incredibly bad. Which it is, and which is completely independent of my initial logic for voting Yos.
Incog wrote:In response to the second half of your response, can you point to the camn-posts that made you feel like she was becoming "defensive"? I got the feeling that she was annoyed by you, maybe that she even disliked you, but not that she became defensive. I'm curious as to why your read of her actions differs from mine.
I can point you to an after the fact post where she all but admits that she was being defensive. But I was specifically referring to her 26/28 (repeatedly asking questions to questions in lieu of an answer is being evasive - thus, defensive) and 30 (accusing someone who wants to back up her statements - using something akin to Ad Hominem, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a blatant example - once again, a defensive tactic).

I think it's interesting you think she was annoyed with me because I was asking her to explain herself. Do you think that was an appropriate reaction in a mafia game - to dislike people who ask you questions?

Dizzy wrote:Due to bad personal experience, I'm wary of leaving votes on people for reasons beyond "I think X is scum" once discussion gets serious
What personal experience is that?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by camn »

Incog was right... I was annoyed. (That why I like him.. he understands me!)

Not because you were asking questions, but because you wouldn't let me make my point. (I did have one!)..I was annoyed at your communication style, not your questions. But I forgive you for now.

And appropriate or not, my emotions are a part of my play.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I know exactly what your point was going to be, and that's why I refused to answer the questions how you wanted/at all. I envisioned me going "He acted scummy" and you going "WELL THERE that's how he always acts!"

Right or wrong?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by camn »

You will never know.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by camn »

Plus, I challenge anyone to show me a game where charter doesn't act super-scummy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korts wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
You gave no reason, and it was your first post, so it's a natural assumption that the vote was arbitrarily placed.
Yeah; fair enough.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

camn wrote:Plus, I challenge anyone to show me a game where charter doesn't act super-scummy.
Actually, last time I played with charter, I really thought he was town, and he was actually a mafia spy. Of course, that was a marathon game and I had like 2 pages of info to go on, but still.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by charter »

25- odd that Xdaamo wagons GC when GC has zero votes.
26- camn says her initial vote was serious
33- OMGUS vote
34- Incog, what about post 26 where camn most definately says her initial vote was serious when she didn't say that I should not be lynched because I can be scummy as town.
39- Yos, where do you get camn was trying to get reactions? of who?
korts wrote:charter: are there any more games that you and camn have been together in?
Not that I remember.

I don't see anything scummy with confirming late.

50- Yos, your second "meh" in your post didn't make anything clear.
camn wrote:Plus, I challenge anyone to show me a game where charter doesn't act super-scummy.
Haha. I can give you a bunch of games where I'm obvtown independant of alignment. The tranquility game was probably the game I've played the worst in ever.

I can't believe this game has already exploded.
unvote
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by camn »

charter wrote: I can't believe this game has already exploded.
unvote
Me neither, man.

But I am not saying I was serious
about you being scum
in 26. I was saying that I was seriously anticipating that I would
think
you were scum later on. So I might as well vote now :).

Seriously (since all levity is gone).. I haven't seen anything scummy from charter yet this game.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Green Crayons wrote:
Dizzy wrote:Due to bad personal experience, I'm wary of leaving votes on people for reasons beyond "I think X is scum" once discussion gets serious
What personal experience is that?
Essentially, in a smallish game played elsewhere, I left my joke vote on while bandwaogn's were forming, went to sleep and when I woke up, the guy I had my vote on had been lynched. This game did not go well. So, I try and avoid it.
Show
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by charter »

camn wrote:
charter wrote: I can't believe this game has already exploded.
unvote
Me neither, man.

But I am not saying I was serious
about you being scum
in 26. I was saying that I was seriously anticipating that I would
think
you were scum later on. So I might as well vote now :).

Seriously (since all levity is gone).. I haven't seen anything scummy from charter yet this game.
I know you didn't actually think I was scum, but your reason behind voting me was serious, that "charter is scummy as town, so lets just lynch him".

Just for fun, I have a few games where I'm not scummy.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10182
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10086
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10062
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10338
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

charter wrote: 39- Yos, where do you get camn was trying to get reactions? of who?
Eh; her "I'm going to vote charter becuase he always looks scummy" thing looked to me like basically a random vote, but one modified to be more likely to get reactions, especally a reaction from you (even if no one else had commented on it, I'd expect you to respond to it in some way, which is more of a reaction then most random votes get.)
50- Yos, your second "meh" in your post didn't make anything clear.
Fair enough. By the "meh on the incongito thing" I was saying I didn't think much of Ether's inital attack on Incognito based on the possibly-not-confirming-right-away thing.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Incognito »

DizzyIzzy: I see your point now about the "random" stage, I guess, and how it wasn't just based on GC's argument against camn. As for the second part about unvoting, I don't think with a game this size and especially with the skill level of this group of players you need to worry about something crazy happening like an accidental lynch if you left an unattended vote out there.

Post 60, Green Crayons wrote:I think it's interesting you think she was annoyed with me because I was asking her to explain herself. Do you think that was an appropriate reaction in a mafia game - to dislike people who ask you questions?
Possibly.

I think it's all about tone. If a person feels like you're being rude or condescending, he or she might be more likely to dislike you, not be cooperative with you, and not provide you with the answer you're looking for, which I think can happen independent of the alignment of the person answering the question. It's probably all about context -- camn's word choice ("combative") in post 30 made me think she wasn't being defensive but just put off by the tone you were using to question her.

@charter:
In 26, she never said she was seriously pushing for your lynch as if you were scum with her vote -- just that in her experience you tend to appear scummy as town. Basically, I took 26 to be a continuation of the joke she began in her opening post that continued because Korts questioned and voted her for the meta-backed joke vote she made on page 1.

Hmmm... where's OGML?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Incog wrote:I think it's all about tone. If a person feels like you're being rude or condescending, he or she might be more likely to dislike you, not be cooperative with you, and not provide you with the answer you're looking for, which I think can happen independent of the alignment of the person answering the question. It's probably all about context -- camn's word choice ("combative") in post 30 made me think she wasn't being defensive but just put off by the tone you were using to question her.
Looks like to me she's being pouty that someone was calling her out on her copping out on explaining herself. 63 helps certify this line of thought.

See, it just doesn't sit right with me. It would have been different if she said "You're being an ass. But, here is the legitimate stuff you asked for. Next time, don't be an ass." I would've apologized or something. But instead she wiggles her way around, shying away from actually putting forth any commitment (26, 28, 30, 63, 64). It's like she's afraid she'll be pinned down later with something she said earlier. Scum worry about stuff like that. I think we're getting caught up in the details here (which is partially my fault). It isn't so much what she's saying, it's her general behavior that I find peculiar (and, what she isn't saying).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by camn »

Green Crayons wrote:Looks like to me she's being pouty ...
You write that like it's a bad thing.....:)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”