skitzer (1/7): charter
Xdaamno (0/7):
Yosarian2 (1/7): Green Crayons

Not voting (3/12):

OhGodMyLife, skitzer, Yosarian2

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:10 am

Post by camn »

Korts wrote: So what you're suggesting is that because charter is scummy as town, he should be lynched regardless of his actual alignment?
Not exactly.
I am saying that I am caught in an endless cycle of Voting for charter because of incredible, overwhelming scumminess.. and then being mortally surprised if he turns up town! So I figured I would just embrace it this game. Why wait?
Green Crayons wrote:Camn, how exactly is Charter "too scummy" when he is town?
You have played a game with charter before, right?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Once. When he was scum. So, explain.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 am

Post by camn »

Did he play pretty scummy, and get lynched for it?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don't know. I was SK. I wanted him dead.

Why don't you answer me instead of attempting to have me answer for you? I want examples of his scummy town play that you can't distinguish from his scummy scum play. Stop avoiding the question.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 am

Post by camn »

Well! Aren't you combative!

Go fetch your own meta.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm not going to do your work for you. And I'm not going to take you for your word - not when your logic is crap. We should lynch people because they're scum, not because they're town who may or may not perform "scummy" actions. Amazingly, it's possible for town to look suspicious. That doesn't excuse a mislynch. Nor does it excuse voting someone just because they have a propensity to be a bad town player.

Your notion that we should vote anyone just because they're "scummy" regardless of alignment is the aborted bastard brother of the other failed argument that we shouldn't vote a player because they're "scummy" regardless of alignment. Both of those extremes go against the very nature of mafia.

Plus, page one meta use is overrated.

unvote, vote: camn
. Bad logic behind her vote. Defensive of that bad logic but will not defend. Does not provide tangable examples to support that bad logic.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:00 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Unvote
, Since we seem to be taking things seriously now. Green makes a persuasive argument. Camn, if you're going to try and make a case against someone based on a metaread, you need to be able to justify it when challenged. It is your case. Don't expect other poeople to make it for you.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 am

Post by camn »

Well, golly.. since we ARE taking things so seriously now!
unvote,
Vote green crayons

a) For blowing a random vote out of proportion.
b) omgus
c) for annoying me.
d) for making me waste my life looking for these games:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9391
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8684
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Incognito »

Mmmm. Despite the fact that camn referenced her meta-history with charter in her first post (which might make one believe that the vote was slightly more serious than first votes tend to come), the general feel of the vote definitely gave me the impression that her opening post was made in jest. camn's 33 only served to reaffirm this viewpoint for me and all additional posts made by her about the charter-subject seemed to be written by her at the request of other people. That's the way I read it at least, so I don't completely understand the camn-hate.

Green Crayons, "joke vote", "random vote", "arbitrary vote", "opening vote"... it's all synonymous to me. Apologies for the ego-bruising but yeah, that's how I do.
Post 31, Green Crayons wrote:Bad logic behind her vote.
Post 10, Green Crayons wrote:
vote: Yos

End of the list.
You're seriously expecting logic behind an opening vote? Like for
serious
?

Post 32, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Unvote
, Since we seem to be taking things seriously now.
Yeah, I'm taking this slightly out of context but this still strikes me as odd. What did you make of the page 1 discussion put forth by Ether? You continued to joke around about the topic of "mith's minions" and "bacon". Was Ether's vote and reasons behind her vote on me not serious enough for you? Why was an unvote not warranted at that time?

There's something about Korts's 23 that I really dislike. I can't quite put my finger around it otherwise I'd elaborate further, but I'll try and do so if it comes to me.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

a) Bad logic is bad logic, no matter at what point of the game it comes into play. Besides, your attitude and behavior towards reaction re: your vote had just as much a hand in my suspicion towards you as the vote itself.
b) Hey, those aren't scummy at all!
c) Keep up the crappy reasons to vote. You're really scoring town points, here.
d) Neat, you provided the basic necessity to back up a claim. Congrats. Sorry to have burdened you with one of the first steps in making a valid point - hope you won't have to suffer through that routine again!

I find it interesting that in the two games you provided, Charter survives until the endgame at which point he is killed by outnumbering mafia. Don't you think it's a little strange that Charter's
omgsoobvscummy!
performance didn't net him a mislynch? Since you're caught in an "endless cycle" of voting for the guy because of his consistent scumminess, I would think other townfolk would see the clearheaded thinking you must voice in these games and assist you in the lynch of a scum-looking-Charter. Likewise, I would think scum would love to help out lynching a very scummy looking townie for the safety of such a lynch. The fact that Charter survived to the endgame in both of those links doesn't do much to impress me.

I'm surprised you didn't have anything to say about my comment concerning your "reasons" to vote Charter being the exact same given by those people who think people who consistantly act in a suspicious manner shouldn't be voted/lynched. Don't you find it odd that identical basis of argument is the source for two diametrically opposed positions? Don't you think that this just goes to show how epic fail this kind of reasoning is?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Incognito wrote:
Post 32, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Unvote
, Since we seem to be taking things seriously now.
Yeah, I'm taking this slightly out of context but this still strikes me as odd. What did you make of the page 1 discussion put forth by Ether? You continued to joke around about the topic of "mith's minions" and "bacon". Was Ether's vote and reasons behind her vote on me not serious enough for you? Why was an unvote not warranted at that time?
One person being serious does not mean the game is taking a turn for the serious. I also believe my comments about Skitzer indicate my reaction to Ether's contention that you delasyed the game - since someone else was waiting on Skitzer, it seems likely that we were waiting on Skitzer. Especially given his/her posting gap between 7:09pm Saturday and 10:10pm Tuesday, roughly two and a half hours before the game began. (opbviously, based on the times for my timezone - the game started at 12:35am Wednbesday my time.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Simul-post dictates the need for a double post.
Incog wrote:You're seriously expecting logic behind an opening vote? Like for serious?
Yes. I hate, hate,
hate
the random voting stage. It's a waste of life. I make an attempt to at least have some reason to vote someone (speaking of which, Yos still hasn't made an appearance), though the reasoning can be pretty weak and feeble and ultimately something I don't pursue. I'm not the only one who uses logic in their opening vote, nor am I the only one who has done it in this game. I resent your insinuation that my initial vote didn't have some point to it - I already explained why I focused on Yos (and could have easily focused on any of the other players who hadn't said anything yet). But I digress.

You're twisting what's going on, here. I'm not faulting Camn for "random" voting, or for not having logic behind her vote. I grit my teeth when I see that, but I don't vote people who are doing goofy shit voting Page One. Camn gave a reason for her vote. It wasn't random. That reason was based off of super bad logic. Korts called her out on it. I agreed with his point. I probably would have moved on at that point, but then Camn becomes defensive, evasive and accusatory. On page two! How does that not scream suspicious to you?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Also, whilew I believe Skitzer held us up, I also know we won't get an answer from him/her for a few days, since they're apparently unavailable until April 6th.
Show
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hi, everyone. Cool, the game started.

In other news, meh on the GC-camm thing; camm looks like she was just trying to get reactions, which is fine on page 1-2, and GC looks like he's trying to get something non-random going, which is also good for page 1-2. Camm's OMGUS GC vote bugs me a little, but IMHO there was nothing wrong with the initial charter vote.

Meh on the "Incognito didn't confirm as soon as he could have" thing, too.

In conclusion,
vote Xdaamno
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:54 am

Post by skitzer »

Dizzy in Post 18: I was busy since Saturday, if you want an explanation.

Korts in Post 23: I think what they were trying to say is that I confirmed late because I wanted to prolong mafia discussion. But I've explained where I was, and everyone can check my posts if they really want to get technical :D

The amount of not-quite-breaking-the-rules outside talk bothers me.

camn in Post 33: Your vote reasons are awful. a) is ok, but b) shouldn't be your second reason, c) should be a reason for a vote, and d) your argument should be supported, no matter how much life it wastes.

Green Crayons in Post 35: although I definitely agree with your analysis of camn's vote reasons, I think you are beginning to blow things out of proportion. It was her first vote.

Green Crayons in Post 37: I can understand why her second vote on you would be bad logic, but I'm not so sure on the first. And if you attacked me like you are camn on page two, I think I would do the same.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I wasn't after an explanation. Ether was making a case based upon the delay between the start of the game and the beginning of the confirmation stage, and I thought your absence was a more likely explanation.
Show
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Ether »

Canary/Korts, yes, I do expect scum to try to stall a bit for a quick exchange. That's not exactly what Korts asked: if a player is on limited access and still confirms at the first opportunity, it's null.

I wasn't aware that that was the case with Skitzer; I'll
unvote; vote: DizzyIzzyB13
. Canary's case in 31 was not persuasive--it was terrible, and Izzy's support there feels even worse. (I also don't get why she voted Skitzer when she just said this wasn't the only such game he was late in, though she's unvoted since then.)

I, too, want Camn to elaborate on her experiences on Charter. I find the game results Canary pointed out interesting, but not really sinister.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Korts »

Green Crayons wrote:I'm fatigued at night and was merely establishing myself in the thread. Also, I take exception to the label of a "joke vote." I don't joke around with my votes, but they are necessary in the early stages of the game. End of the list is a common target of my first vote simply to put it somewhere. Coupled with the fact that Yos had not (and still hasn't) made himself known in the thread, and I would say my vote is more "faintly useful random" than "joke." /egobruise
Looking up your first vote reasons, here's what I found:

No "random" vote in Cops and Robbers. First post (linked) is immediately probing into others' actions.
Your reason in Office Supplies is "last on the list".
In Bleach (ongoing) your first vote is not for someone on bottom of the list, and you don't give further reasoning.
In Sanity Ensues your first vote is not for someone on the bottom of the list, and your reasoning is "because I can".
In Fairytale you vote someone where the implied reason is double voting on the voted player's part.
In PS2SUXZ! you vote someone for voting no lynch.
In Werewolf you vote someone for being last to confirm.

Note that I haven't checked all of your games by far, but going back 9 games, you only voted for the player at the bottom of the list once. Your claim of "at end of list" being a common reason for random votes doesn't seem to be particularly credible so far.

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Unvote
, Since we seem to be taking things seriously now. Green makes a persuasive argument. Camn, if you're going to try and make a case against someone based on a metaread, you need to be able to justify it when challenged. It is your case. Don't expect other poeople to make it for you.
Why do you consider the observation that "we seem to be taking things seriously now" something that makes your vote useless?

camn, don't you think that Green Crayons' request for you to back up your claims of charter previously being scummy in your games is reasonable?

I agree with Green Crayons' observation that the fact that charter hadn't been endgamed in both linked games implies that his obvscumminess apparently wasn't obv; however that may be an irrelevant point if camn's opinion had been different, since it's her own perception of charter that we're discussing. In Tranquility (672) one of her top suspects since the early game is charter. In Troy, Meet Helen (611) she also suspects charter on and off. Her stated suspicion of charter seems validated by those two links.

camn:
do you think that basing your vote on meta from two games is worthwhile or valid?

charter:
are there any more games that you and camn have been together in?
Green Crayons wrote:Yes. I hate, hate, hate the random voting stage. It's a waste of life. I make an attempt to at least have some reason to vote someone
Yet you have a stated tendency to always use the same reason for a first vote. Don't you think those two things are contradictory?

I don't like Yos' wishy-washy post 39. He's "meh" on both semi-serious points of discussion, and votes randomly, apparently.
scumchat never die
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 am

Post by camn »

korts- i have a habit of being wrong about charter. I was both joking AND trying to get one of my biases on the table. I do this.
I generally avoid meta-gaming outside of the RVS... Which is something I AlSO like to be relatively short, Mr. Crayons.... But I do think your reaction is a bit over the top.

And defensiveness is not a scumtell!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Patrick »

My interpretation of camn's opening post was jokey, and not an actual serious attempt to get anyone to vote charter; the issue is being overblown. GC looks fine to me with his attack on camn (striking actually how much this reminds me of how he went after Mizzy in cops and robbers). Anyway,
unvote
Green Crayons, referring to omgus votes wrote:b) Hey, those aren't scummy at all!
Not inherently. This one doesn't feel like the bad kind to me.

Izzy, do you feel camn was making a case against charter?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I think any time someone tries to justify voting for someone to that extent, it qualifies as attempting to make a case against them.
Show
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korts wrote: I don't like Yos' wishy-washy post 39. He's "meh" on both semi-serious points of discussion, and votes randomly, apparently.
Randomally? Of course not, what gave you that idea?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Ether wrote:I wasn't aware that that was the case with Skitzer; I'll
unvote; vote: DizzyIzzyB13
. Canary's case in 31 was not persuasive--it was terrible, and Izzy's support there feels even worse. (I also don't get why she voted Skitzer when she just said this wasn't the only such game he was late in, though she's unvoted since then.)
I voted for skitzer since I noted a lack of activity and was attempting to provoke some. Also, I believe if you re-red my post, I agreed with one part5icular argument Canary made, not the entire post.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Korts wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Unvote
Why do you consider the observation that "we seem to be taking things seriously now" something that makes your vote useless?
Due to bad personal experience, I'm wary of leaving votes on people for reasons beyond "I think X is scum" once discussion gets serious, since it's possible for lynches to occur if a bandwagon gets going while people aren't here without everyone on it necessarily agreeing with it.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”