Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Kreriov »

Bah, nevermind. I had it backwards, Wall-E replaced Kieraen.

I have been trying to see who has posted and could not find Kieraen. I guess it is really Wall-E who has not checked in as yet.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Jase »

Unvote

OMGUS Vote: IdiotKing
for not coming up with a fake excuse!
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:48 am

Post by X »

Idiotking wrote:
yellowbunny wrote: Eh, so what? And why not revote?
I don't see what purpose that would serve, really. The random voting stage is the most annoying part of this game. But if I must, then

vote Jase

It's a random vote, why should I bother coming up with a fake excuse? :)
Simply trying to please? Trying to blend in? I'll bite.
Unvote: Wall-E
Vote: Idiotking
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Idiotking »

Trying to please? Trying to blend in? HAHAHA!!!!

Personally I'd rather not have a random voting stage at ALL. But then without one the discussion is either slow in coming or doesn't come. So because we HAVE to have one (barring any other fancy ideas to get the discussion going) and because if I abstain from random voting I'll get called out on it.

But this is fine, really, we've got quasi-discussion now, right? Let's get the ball rolling. Somebody start questioning me already!
Lleu
Lleu
Townie
Lleu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Lleu »

I'm more interested in World1Noob, actually. L-2 (qwints) seems a bit far for RVS.
unvote qwints

Fos:Noob
e^(pi*i)+1=0
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:30 am

Post by X »

Idiotking wrote:Somebody start questioning me already!
Guilty conscience, maybe?
Lleu wrote:I'm more interested in World1Noob, actually. L-2 (qwints) seems a bit far for RVS.
unvote qwints

Um, qwints had 2 votes. How did you think he was at L-2?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 am

Post by X »

Idiotking wrote:and because if I abstain from random voting I'll get called out on it.
How did I miss this? Going along with the flow because you don't want people to look at you is the worst reason to go along with the flow. That is actually the scummiest thing I've seen so far. Quite honestly, it's not anything significant, but my best lead right now.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Idiotking »

Guilty conscience, HA! again. I HA! at you.
Lleu
Lleu
Townie
Lleu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Lleu »

X wrote:Um, qwints had 2 votes. How did you think he was at L-2?
Oops, just really bad at counting. I guess the third one I thought I saw was qwint's vote on Noob.
Idiotking wrote:Guilty conscience, HA! again. I HA! at you.
Considering how eager you were to start discussion, could you at least address the question when you're questioned? Not enough for a FoS, but that still seemed overly dramatic.
e^(pi*i)+1=0
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Address it? How do you answer the question "Do you have a guilty conscience?" when the answer, regardless of your alignment (especially this early in a game) is always going to be "no"? No, then. It's an answer that means absolutely nothing.

And "going along with the flow" is meaningless this early in the game, again. Ok, I won't "go with the flow". OH CRAP! I get it. By resisting this "flow" you mention, I follow a completely different "flow" you devised. You say I shouldn't go with the flow. Is it all right, then, to NOT go with the flow if the act of NOT going with the flow is going to, essentially, force me to do exactly as you want by specifically NOT going with the flow?

Yeah, by the way, I know the above doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you look at it from my perspective. A lot of my posts will be like that. I'll go ahead and apologize beforehand.

OK, so. Try and understand this: I hate random voting. With an undying, ridiculously malevolent passion. I know I have to random vote, however. By not doing it, I cause a problem in that has to be resolved though logic when NO logic has any grounds yet. I.E. the creation of the problem itself is the only "act" to refer to, and as such, means unless the problem is removed, leads to a lot of aimless discussion that causes even more problems.

In my experience, random voting is necessary for REAL discussion to take place. So I "go with the flow" to avoid the aforementioned problem. I will, however, immediately stop as soon as something real happens. Something real has happened, so I am quite done now. Natural impulse is screaming for me to start calling X scum and say that he's trying to get me in trouble on baseless evidence. Again, though, that's natural impulse, there's no reasoning behind it. I'm going to go ahead and assume that witchhunting is kind of required when there's no evidence, and I just pulled the short straw with my Wiccan magicks.

Oh, and I lolled when X said "That is actually the scummiest thing I've seen so far." Of course it is, WE'RE ON PAGE THREE.
Lleu
Lleu
Townie
Lleu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Lleu »

Idiotking wrote:Address it? How do you answer the question "Do you have a guilty conscience?" when the answer, regardless of your alignment (especially this early in a game) is always going to be "no"? No, then. It's an answer that means absolutely nothing.
Fair enough.
Idiotking wrote:OK, so. Try and understand this: I hate random voting. With an undying, ridiculously malevolent passion. I know I have to random vote, however. By not doing it, I cause a problem in that has to be resolved though logic when NO logic has any grounds yet. I.E. the creation of the problem itself is the only "act" to refer to, and as such, means unless the problem is removed, leads to a lot of aimless discussion that causes even more problems.
Could you at least explain why you hate it?
e^(pi*i)+1=0
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Jase »

I'd have to agree with IK. I don't HATE RVS, but I do wish there was way we could bypass all the silly random crap. Also since abstaining from RVS would lead to suspicions all players are going to "go with the flow".

Unvote

Vote: X
stating that you don't like RVS and would for-go it if you reasonably could is not a scum tell.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

IdiotKing wrote: In my experience, random voting is necessary for REAL discussion to take place. So I "go with the flow" to avoid the aforementioned problem. I will, however, immediately stop as soon as something real happens. Something real has happened, so I am quite done now. Natural impulse is screaming for me to start calling X scum and say that he's trying to get me in trouble on baseless evidence. Again, though, that's natural impulse, there's no reasoning behind it. I'm going to go ahead and assume that witchhunting is kind of required when there's no evidence, and I just pulled the short straw with my Wiccan magicks.
QFT.

That said, did anyone's response to this seem scummy to you?
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by X »

Lleu wrote:
Idiotking wrote:Guilty conscience, HA! again. I HA! at you.
Considering how eager you were to start discussion, could you at least address the question when you're questioned? Not enough for a FoS, but that still seemed overly dramatic.
The question was rhetorical, and not meant seriously. Seriously, what are you doing?
Idiotking wrote:Natural impulse is screaming for me to start calling X scum and say that he's trying to get me in trouble on baseless evidence.
Not really. More trying to start discussion. And I think I did.
Idiotking wrote:Oh, and I lolled when X said "That is actually the scummiest thing I've seen so far." Of course it is, WE'RE ON PAGE THREE.
Glad you liked it.
Jase wrote:
Vote: X
stating that you don't like RVS and would for-go it if you reasonably could is not a scum tell.
That's not what I was accusing him of. Not liking it but going ahead with it to fit in was what I pointed out. And anyway, it's an infinitesimally minor point.
Jase wrote:Also since abstaining from RVS would lead to suspicions all players are going to "go with the flow".
I don't understand this sentence.
Lleu wrote:
Idiotking wrote:OK, so. Try and understand this: I hate random voting. With an undying, ridiculously malevolent passion. I know I have to random vote, however. By not doing it, I cause a problem in that has to be resolved though logic when NO logic has any grounds yet. I.E. the creation of the problem itself is the only "act" to refer to, and as such, means unless the problem is removed, leads to a lot of aimless discussion that causes even more problems.
Could you at least explain why you hate it?
Do you really think this is going to get us anywhere?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Lleu wrote:Could you at least explain why you hate it?
The only explanation I can offer is that it has absolutely no logic behind it. Hence the "random" part. It just... I dunno. It's frustrating to me. I'd probably be much better replacing in to games, but those also leave me feeling unfulfilled. So, since I have to bite the bullet one way or the other, I chose to suffer random voting this time around.

yellowbunny wrote: QFT.

That said, did anyone's response to this seem scummy to you?
Well, not everybody's responded yet, but Lleu's responses annoy me a little bit. It's like he's trying to get me to answer nonexistent questions or force obvious or common knowledge answers out of me. A lot of people dislike random voting, this can't be the first time he heard of such a dislike.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

@Jase: why the vote on X? Calling him out for thinking that not liking the random vote stage is scummy is one thing. But a vote for that? Seems like you are randomly trying to change your vote and then covering it with a weak excuse.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

I'm more interested in World1Noob, actually. L-2 (qwints) seems a bit far for RVS.
unvote qwints

Lleu wrote:
unvote qwints

Um, qwints had 2 votes. How did you think he was at L-2?
even if he was at L-2 it wouldn't matter, if we stopped random voting people because they already have votes on them it wouldn't be random voting any more, it'll be lets spread out the votes evenly so there's no pressure what so ever.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 am

Post by Ojanen »

I don't like the beginning of a game either, but I also kind of don't like going out of your way to express the randomness of the vote (I'm referring to Idiotking here). It slightly accentuates the fact that you're very likely to pull away your vote which is probably what you want to do if you're voting for a scumbuddy. Which is not an uncommon way for scum to in RVS act at least in the games I've played before elsewhere. Like having the excuse to do that already a little more accentuated than usual at the time of the action. This is something extremely minor, though.

Please show up in this thread too, Wall-E.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:25 am

Post by Idiotking »

So you'd rather I hadn't defended myself, then? Just let the thing slide?
burfy
burfy
Goon
burfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:01 am

Post by burfy »

wow, this is confusing. there are like multiple cases going on independent of each other.
Can we get a vote count
so it's clear who are the targets, please?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Ojanen »

No. I expressed myself badly here. We need to talk, I really don't like the stereotype that defending yourself is scummy.
I was just referring to your line in the original vote message: "It's a random vote, why should I bother coming up with a fake excuse?".
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Ojanen »

The above post was to Idiotking, sorry.
burfy
burfy
Goon
burfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 am

Post by burfy »

Ojanen wrote:The above post was to Idiotking, sorry.
yeah, figured. No worries

Umm, does anyone else see something wrong with this statement?
Wall-E wrote:sorry for the delay folks, i didn't push the "Watch this topic for replies" link and forgot about this thread. My bad
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Ojanen »

burfy wrote: Umm, does anyone else see something wrong with this statement?
Wall-E wrote:sorry for the delay folks, i didn't push the "Watch this topic for replies" link and forgot about this thread. My bad

Yes! You've gotta go to the thread first to push the button. If you go there why not confirm at the same time? It's only one word.
I was wondering if scum could talk amongst themselves during N0. Then the natural reaction might be PMing your scumbuddies first.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 am

Post by hambargarz »

VOTECOUNT

(1) qwints (World No.1 Noob)
(1) Wall-E (Ojanen)
(1) X (Jase)
(1) yellowbunny (Kreriov)
(1) Jase (Idiotking)
(1) Idiotking (X)
(2) Lleu (CUBAREY, yellowbunny)
(2) The World No.1 Noob (burfy, qwints)

Not voting
Lleu, Wall-E
Last edited by hambargarz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”