SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Plum wrote:Is there anything specific you can glean yet from the first page of random votes and the fact that they don't spread as per usual? I see that this has at least started an engagement with analysis of Atronach. Still, do you think it points strongly to anything in specific in and of itself?
Right now its simply interesting. I haven't decided what it means one way or the other yet - the one thing, however, is that it DOES mean that the spread truly isn't random and there IS method to the madness. I dont know what can be pulled from it without a flip or two, but.
Atronach wrote:Coincidental. I had to strike back at Juls, because despite my fooling her, she won in the end *shakes fist*
See, I like this. Answered my fairly simple question without hate or any form of "who the hell are you", etc, etc. Which is in striking contrast from:
KoC wrote:Good thing I'm ignoring your useless arbitrary points.

"As soon as KoC does something I can creatively misinterpret as scummy, I'll share and claim I was already suspicious of him on PAGE 2, because Page 2 suspicion is never wrong."
Now, Lowell is being enigmatic, sure. However, this is over the top by all means. I had to look back to see if there was even a VOTE, much less a hate-filled bandwagon.

There is neither. Which makes this all the more odd.

Whats the dealio?

The enigmatic votecount

Votecount

Emptyger (3) - dejkha, Kieraen, Plum

Juls (1) - Atronach
SpyreX (1) - Knight of Cydonia
Atronach (1) - Caboose
Caboose (1) - Benmage
Plum (1) - SpyreX
Benmage (1) - Lowell
Knight of Cydonia (1) - Juls

Not voting
: Emptyger, Riceballtail
7 to lynch
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

sorry guys..had midterms this week, and going skiing should be back Sunday...will post when I return
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:37 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Lowell:
Lowell [45] wrote:Nah, just making a note of it for now. When I have a more complete take on things I'll share, I promise.
Why isn’t it worth sharing now? What’s this “more complete take on things” you’re waiting for?

Plum:
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Scum
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Plum »

I was going to do that :cry:. Ah, well. Pity I missed it.

i bet you could do it better. [/flirt]
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Juls »

Did our mod just flirt with a player?...I am so jealous (married...but jealous!)

OK...just a few things in my reread since we are a whopping 3 pages in but in this game, as at least a few of you know, we need to get off to a quick start. D2 and beyond really suck if we don't get some solid information D1.

Spyrex - do you seriously think people put thought into their random votes? I can only speak for myself but I vote some stupid arbitrary reason no matter if I am scum or town. Now if there is something subliminal to it and you have some statistics on it I would be real interested to see if there is anything to be gleamed from it. Although, I will say, I do like your style so keep it up.

Speaking of style. I am not liking your style Lowell. Who cares what I think right? Well, nobody really but I have this open forum so I am going to say it. If you give me no more than a line or two here and there, I am not going to be able to get those yummy town vibes I so like to get off of people but instead you will likely go the other direction on my list.

Question: Is EmpTyger another alt for Empking?

That is all for now.

Oh wait...no it isn't....
Atronach 46 wrote:I had to strike back at Juls, because despite my fooling her, she won in the end *shakes fist*
ahhhhh....I love it.
-------------------------------------
Juls
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex - do you seriously think people put thought into their random votes? I can only speak for myself but I vote some stupid arbitrary reason no matter if I am scum or town. Now if there is something subliminal to it and you have some statistics on it I would be real interested to see if there is anything to be gleamed from it. Although, I will say, I do like your style so keep it up.
Often there is subtle nuances to random voting - ultimately, unless you are using a dice roller, there is SOME reason for the person you've "randomly" voted for. (Like me, for example, I will more often vote players I know randomly and/or players without votes in my random silly votes versus someone I've never seen play).

The kicker is that some of these votes, by all appearances, were "silly" but not random: riceball's fake joining a speedlynch, the quick-votes on Atronarch for his vote (I still have to ASSUME Caboose was joking but that could very easily be interpreted as not).

So, yes, there is -something- there but it's going to take a lot more time to make a pattern out of it. I'm no Porkens to get a scum to implode based on a joke-case on the "random" nature of votes.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &&start=36 if you were interested.

I'm not understanding the Lowell-hate, still. I mean if thats how it goes the WHOLE game it might be different but as it is*shrug*.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Juls »

Not really hate, just a gentle nudge to cut it out.
Juls
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It gets the radar a working when a couple others have mentioned it and KoC has a hate-on for him... when, really, it isn't decidable either way yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

So far I like Spyre. Not a fan of the Lowell/KoC thing.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Caboose »

Preemptive crap attacks are scummy.
+scumpoints for Lowell

I don't see what people are liking about Spyre.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

I have to assume Lowells "Preemptive crap attack" was saying KoC doesn't get townpoints?

Also: Was your random vote random or was there something behind it?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Atronach »

What's there not to like?:)

But seriously. Is there something you find scummy about his behavior?

BTW, we need more than a one or two line post from you, Lowell, concerning your suspicions. Same with you Riceballtail. Help us out here.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:28 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Lowell posted elsewhere but not here.
Vote: Lowell

Caboose:
I happened to like Spyre's focus, at least until the from me/on me slip.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Caboose »

SpyreX wrote:I have to assume Lowells "Preemptive crap attack" was saying KoC doesn't get townpoints?
Yes. And my vote right now IS random, which reminds me to

Unvote

Atronach wrote:But seriously. Is there something you find scummy about his behavior?
No, I just don't see anything particularly pro-town about it.
SpyreX wrote:Now, Lowell is being enigmatic, sure. However, this is over the top by all means. I had to look back to see if there was even a VOTE, much less a hate-filled bandwagon.
There doesn't need to be one for it to qualify as a crap attack. All there needs to be is a vague, nebulous statement of "I think X is scum" or "I think X is scum for this reason that's not a scumtell."

Reading back, Plum is pinging on my scumdar.
Plum wrote:Any reason why you sarcastically dismiss the points as arbitrary and useless instead of, say, asking what the basis for them was? IGMEOY: KOC. I'll second Caboose's question, however - Lowell,, care to explain the reasoning behind your point distribution or whatever it was?
First off, I think KoC dismissing Lowell is not a scumtell in this case. If Lowell wanted to be taken seriously, then he would've explained his attack in the first place.
Plum looks scummy here because of two things: 1) she fans the flames of Lowell's "suspicion" of KoC by calling KoC down on a non scumtell, and 2) she asks Lowell for explanation, which plays both sides of the Lowell-KoC issue.
+scumpoints for Plum
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Now, there's one problem with your analysis (Note: I do not know anything about lowell but that doesn't affect this one bit).

You are making an assumption about Lowells remark that isn't there (or, you are coming out of the gate with some serious cognitive dissonance).

Lets look at the offending remark:
Lowell 36 wrote:spyrex gets townpoints. KoC does not. Carry on.
There are two explicit statements here.
1.) SpyreX gets townpoints.
2.) KoC does NOT get townpoints.

Now, you and everyone are making the assumption that #2 means KoC is
gaining
scumpoints. Which is... fine I guess. However:
Caboose 59 wrote:Preemptive crap attacks are scummy.
+scumpoints for Lowell

I don't see what people are liking about Spyre.
Caboose 63 wrote:
Atronach wrote:But seriously. Is there something you find scummy about his behavior?
No, I just don't see anything particularly pro-town about it.
Caboose 63 wrote:There doesn't need to be one for it to qualify as a crap attack. All there needs to be is a vague, nebulous statement of "I think X is scum" or "I think X is scum for this reason that's not a scumtell."
So, lets do a little breakdown.

59, in many ways, is a parallel of 36. We have two pieces of explicit information (and a partial explanation of one).

1.) Lowell gets scumpoints (due to preemptively building a crap case).
2.) SpyreX does not get/deserve townpoints.

Now, following the assumptions above that would mean by #2 I would have to get scumpoints... right? However, the first quote I posted in 63 belies that - there is nothing scummy, just neutral.

However, the second quote is directly inferring that #36 is doing something different than #59 - which I do not see from what is there. So we run into the conundrum: we have two similar situations with different outcomes.

Now, thats a lot of words and by now you may ask: Why do I bring this up? Is there something scummy about it?
KoC 42 wrote:Good thing I'm ignoring your useless arbitrary points.
Plum 44 wrote:I'll second Caboose's question, however - Lowell,, care to explain the reasoning behind your point distribution or whatever it was?
EmpTyger 52 wrote:Why isn’t it worth sharing now? What’s this “more complete take on things” you’re waiting for?
Juls 54 wrote:Speaking of style. I am not liking your style Lowell. Who cares what I think right? Well, nobody really but I have this open forum so I am going to say it. If you give me no more than a line or two here and there, I am not going to be able to get those yummy town vibes I so like to get off of people but instead you will likely go the other direction on my list.
Riceball 58 wrote:Not a fan of the Lowell/KoC thing.
Thats 5, right there without Caboose that have expressed in some fashion questioning/negative attributes to Lowells question. Add in Caboose and you're sitting at a potential L-1. (Yes, this is under the assumption that suspicions become votes - EmpTyger's already did).

So, keep in mind that IF Lowell keeps posting one liners and, in essence, simply avoiding the modkill I will gladly hang him - but as it sits I am comfortable with:

Unvote
Vote: Caboose
Show

Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Juls »

Caboose 59 wrote:I don't see what people are liking about Spyre.
Liking his style and thinking he is town are two different things. I think his style breeds conversation...conversation benefits town...it's our biggest tool in finding scum...thus I want him to continue his style.
Spyrex 64 wrote:Thats 5, right there without Caboose that have expressed in some fashion questioning/negative attributes to Lowells question. Add in Caboose and you're sitting at a potential L-1.
I never said Lowell was suspicious. My comments on him was request that he stop the one-liners or he may become suspicious to me in the future because I would not be able to garner any town vibes from him. So this is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.
Juls
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It is a stretch, by nature. I even say it requires some assumptions. :P

I'm laying it out like that simply to show a "background movement" (negative connotations by a near-majority of the town) that could lead to the disconnect between 36 and 59's view by caboose.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I should make it clear my post was meant in jest. Although I concur with SpyreX - the sudden wealth of anti-Lowell feeling certainly makes me wonder if this is an attempt to get a quick wagon going, whilst buddying up to me to create tomorrow's scapegoat.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Spyre:
SpyreX [64] wrote:<snip>
Now, you and everyone are making the assumption that #2 means KoC is
gaining
scumpoints.
No, I’ve asked Lowell to explain himself, and he’s avoiding giving an explanation, first with a non-answer, then by lurking.

But in any case- Lowell’s initial comment certainly made that implication about KoC. Are you saying that Lowell making a vague comment which could mean 2 opposite things- and then not clarifying when asked- is a sign of innocence?

SpyreX [cont] wrote:<snip>
Thats 5, right there without Caboose that have expressed in some fashion questioning/negative attributes to Lowells question. Add in Caboose and you're sitting at a potential L-1.
What on earth are you implying here? How on earth does that implicate Caboose in any way?

1) Asking a player questions is not the same as considering them suspicious.
2) Pointing out suspicions is not the same as casting a vote.
3) Pointing out genuinely suspicious behavior is not suspicious in itself.
4) We’re 6 days from deadline. Having half the town head towards a consensus- without any immediate danger of a speedlynch or anything negative- is not only not bad, but *necessary*.
SpyreX [cont] wrote:(Yes, this is under the assumption that suspicions become votes - EmpTyger's already did).
<snip>
Clarification: I’m voting Lowell because at this point he’s lurking instead of explaining himself. There may or may not have been an innocent explanation for the comment he initially made. But coupled with his lurking in this situation...

KoC:
Knight of Cydonia [67] wrote:I should make it clear my post was meant in jest. Although I concur with SpyreX - the sudden wealth of anti-Lowell feeling certainly makes me wonder if this is an attempt to get a quick wagon going, whilst buddying up to me to create tomorrow's scapegoat.
Who specifically do you suspect of this?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Plum »

Caboose wrote: Reading back, Plum is pinging on my scumdar.
Plum wrote:Any reason why you sarcastically dismiss the points as arbitrary and useless instead of, say, asking what the basis for them was? IGMEOY: KOC. I'll second Caboose's question, however - Lowell,, care to explain the reasoning behind your point distribution or whatever it was?
First off, I think KoC dismissing Lowell is not a scumtell in this case. If Lowell wanted to be taken seriously, then he would've explained his attack in the first place.
Plum looks scummy here because of two things: 1) she fans the flames of Lowell's "suspicion" of KoC by calling KoC down on a non scumtell, and 2) she asks Lowell for explanation, which plays both sides of the Lowell-KoC issue.
+scumpoints for Plum
I specifically used the IGMEOY abbreviation because I thought that KOC's reaction was slightly different than I'd expect be typical - a little more sarcastic about Lowell's statements without asking if he'd share the rationale behind them. I knew that his reaction wasn't a real scumtell - it was just something different that, in this early stage, was something of which I'd take note. And then I asked, too. Just trying to either get the info out there or establish that Lowell wouldn't share the method to his madness, which would lead discussion down a different path.

On to Lowell's refusal to share the reasoning behind his statements: It seems more anti-town than anything. In general terms, you (anyone) either have information which is useful to the town immediately, in which case you should share it immediately, or note something which might be useful in the future but isn't now, in which case you make a private note of it but don't distract the town with info they can't use, or you see something which sets off something in your gut but you can't formulate into a case useful to the town, in which case you can note strong gut suspicions at the end of a case/analysis of a player.

Lowell seems to imply he has info not
yet
useful to the town. In which case the pro-town thing to do would be to not have mentioned it at all at this point.
Riceballtail wrote:So far I like Spyre. Not a fan of the Lowell/KoC thing.
What do you mean by "not a fan" of the thing? What do you not like about it and why?
Plum wrote:
I was going to do that :cry:. Ah, well. Pity I missed it.

i bet you could do it better. [/flirt]
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Caboose »

SpyreX wrote:59, in many ways, is a parallel of 36. We have two pieces of explicit information (and a partial explanation of one).

1.) Lowell gets scumpoints (due to preemptively building a crap case).
2.) SpyreX does not get/deserve townpoints.
No, it isn't. My statement was in response to RBT and Juls saying that he liked you. Lowell's statement was not prompted.
False analogy, which means +scumpoints for SpyreX
And don't say OMGUS either. My reason is perfectly valid.
SpyreX wrote:Thats 5, right there without Caboose that have expressed in some fashion questioning/negative attributes to Lowells question. Add in Caboose and you're sitting at a potential L-1. (Yes, this is under the assumption that suspicions become votes - EmpTyger's already did).
That makes me scum because.....
Despite your postzilla, your reasoning for your vote is pretty incomplete.
Plum wrote:I specifically used the IGMEOY abbreviation because I thought that KOC's reaction was slightly different than I'd expect be typical - a little more sarcastic about Lowell's statements without asking if he'd share the rationale behind them. I knew that his reaction wasn't a real scumtell - it was just something different that, in this early stage, was something of which I'd take note. And then I asked, too. Just trying to either get the info out there or establish that Lowell wouldn't share the method to his madness, which would lead discussion down a different path.
If KoC's reaction wasn't scummy, why did you feel the need to call him down on it?
Why does "different" deserve an IGMEOY?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Plum »

Caboose wrote:
Plum wrote:I specifically used the IGMEOY abbreviation because I thought that KOC's reaction was slightly different than I'd expect be typical - a little more sarcastic about Lowell's statements without asking if he'd share the rationale behind them. I knew that his reaction wasn't a real scumtell - it was just something different that, in this early stage, was something of which I'd take note. And then I asked, too. Just trying to either get the info out there or establish that Lowell wouldn't share the method to his madness, which would lead discussion down a different path.
If KoC's reaction wasn't scummy, why did you feel the need to call him down on it?
Why does "different" deserve an IGMEOY?
I'm indicating that I'm keeping an eye on someone who did something 'different', which sometimes, though none too often or reliably, indicates scumhood. IGMEOY is not even an officially expressed suspicion, you understand, more of an official 'your less-than-usual reaction is noted by me'.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I'm very "different" Plum. Get used to it.
Knight of Cydonia [67] wrote::
I should make it clear my post was meant in jest. Although I concur with SpyreX - the sudden wealth of anti-Lowell feeling certainly makes me wonder if this is an attempt to get a quick wagon going, whilst buddying up to me to create tomorrow's scapegoat.
Who specifically do you suspect of this?
Caboose, and to a lesser degree Plum.

Edit: fixed tag
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Atronach »

Spyrex, Posts 36 and 59 analysis was spot-on. I think it's funny just how similar those posts really are. Caboose, I don't think it's a false analogy. The posts have different contexts, but your complaint about Lowell's post 36 was not that it was unprompted, but that it was making a pre-emptive case. Your post 59 is doing the same thing.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

EmpTyger wrote:No, I’ve asked Lowell to explain himself, and he’s avoiding giving an explanation, first with a non-answer, then by lurking.

But in any case- Lowell’s initial comment certainly made that implication about KoC. Are you saying that Lowell making a vague comment which could mean 2 opposite things- and then not clarifying when asked- is a sign of innocence?
I have no qualms with
your
reason for your vote on Lowell. It was brought up to illustrate the similar setup between the two votes. The implication made in #56 quote fragment 2 is that it IS a pre-emptive attack which would imply a level of scumminess.

Innocence? No, not at all. My issues in this lie with Caboose, not with Lowell. If he keeps playing like he has been I'll gladly lynch him.
Emptyger wrote:What on earth are you implying here? How on earth does that implicate Caboose in any way?

1) Asking a player questions is not the same as considering them suspicious.
2) Pointing out suspicions is not the same as casting a vote.
3) Pointing out genuinely suspicious behavior is not suspicious in itself.
4) We’re 6 days from deadline. Having half the town head towards a consensus- without any immediate danger of a speedlynch or anything negative- is not only not bad, but *necessary*.
The implication of Caboose lies in the dissonance in reaction to 36 and 59. The reason that is scummy is it is the start of a wagon that has inherent backing in the suspicions / comments of other players.

1.) Of course not, but if you're trying to tell me all of the statements above do not show suspicion then we're at an impasse. It is easy to imply negative or positive connotations with a question.
2.) No, but it is
related
to a vote. Normally there is a relation to suspicion and the casting of a vote. Sometimes in the same post, sometime pages away - but, in general, if a "real" vote is placed without grounding in suspicion that vote itself is, by nature, suspicious.
3.) Of course it isn't. Now, the whole argument of "genuinely suspicious" being for the most part subjective aside - my problem isn't with suspicion of Lowell for this: to a degree it is warranted. It is with Caboose, specifically.
4.) Again, of course it is necessary. That doesn't alter the dissonance I see with 36 and 59 and, that in and of itself, raises enough suspicion that I placed a vote.
EmpTyger wrote:Clarification: I’m voting Lowell because at this point he’s lurking instead of explaining himself. There may or may not have been an innocent explanation for the comment he initially made. But coupled with his lurking in this situation...
No need for clarification. I simply said that suspicions become votes. I made no reference for the specific reasons (just that all the reasons relate at least partially to that statement). Your suspicions became a vote for the post-statement play. Which is, of course, understandable.
Caboose wrote:No, it isn't. My statement was in response to RBT and Juls saying that he liked you. Lowell's statement was not prompted.
False analogy, which means +scumpoints for SpyreX
And don't say OMGUS either. My reason is perfectly valid.
Lowell's statement was, contextually, in response to the differences in play between KoC (the WW2 discussion) and myself (game theory, baseline questions). That IS a prompt for a statement of a personal baseline "feel" of the game.

Unless you are making the argument it wasn't prompted for because it wasn't specifically asked for... in which case your statement falls under the same umbrella. Again, either way, this shows more of the dissonance I saw before.

I don't CARE about OMGUS or that business. It rarely happens the way people think it does. However, saying there is no analogous connection between those two scenarios IS something I will argue with you about as per above.
Caboose wrote:That makes me scum because.....
Despite your postzilla, your reasoning for your vote is pretty incomplete.
That makes you scum because...

When you view another players action as "bad" (36) and there is glaring similarities to your own (59) there HAS to be an underlying reason for such a shift in thought process to occur.

Thus, considering the spoken suspicion (but not votes) AND the nature of this specific game (the fast deadlines) it is a perfect jumping point for starting a wagon. Which, inherently, isn't scummy. However, the method in which you did do it, to me, is.
KoC wrote: I should make it clear my post was meant in jest. Although I concur with SpyreX - the sudden wealth of anti-Lowell feeling certainly makes me wonder if this is an attempt to get a quick wagon going, whilst buddying up to me to create tomorrow's scapegoat.
Now I know my sarcasm-meter is often way, way wrong... but really? Even in rereading after this the only way I can see it as a joke is it was so over the top aggressive. That's hard to stomach as being a total joke.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”