Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Skander wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Skander wrote:What is the scum reaction that Volkan made in his first post? I've read it over 3 times and I can't see it.

And is everyone voting for Volkan voting seriously?
The above is a weird reaction to BW votes. I see people who panic with votes that are being voted against but not something like this. It's like a protective action on someone for no reason.
I don't know what site you played at here but random BW in a speed game is normal.
Well that would explain it. In the site I play on (MTGSalvation) random BW's are heavily frowned upon. I rarely see anyone get to closer than L-4 or L-3 without someone commenting about a wagon in the random stage and pointing fingers.
It's frowned on later in the day sort of speak, but I can't tell you the number of times I see this as a start of day to get reactions and talks going quicker.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 am

Post by malthusis »

Skander wrote:I now understand the Volkan argument but I'm happier with Malthusis. I dislike how fast the volkan wagon grew.

Unvote, Vote Malthusis

Elvis is right, scum have particular voting habits.

When they're bussing a scumbuddy they make it well known that they were voting them but when they vote innocent townies they tend to want an out or plausible deniability so that when the lynch goes awry it isn't traced back to them.

Malthusis voting Volkan randomly after the "rival bandwagon" comment means it's doubtful that it really is random.
I'm not getting this, exactly what are you getting at here? I just decided to vote vollkan because he made a good game I was in (Ace Attorney Mafia, great game by the way). It's just a random vote. If you don't like the bandwagon in particular, why don't you complain at the people who took it farther? I only put the second vote on.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 am

Post by neko2086 »

Makes sense, EK. Thanks for clarifying. I see merit in your case, but vollkan's reactions have been just fascinating so far.

Vollkan's initial response to Korts seemed
mostly
joking/sarcastic at first, but the more defensive he gets, the less I'm sure.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Skander »

malthusis wrote:
Skander wrote:I now understand the Volkan argument but I'm happier with Malthusis. I dislike how fast the volkan wagon grew.

Unvote, Vote Malthusis

When they're bussing a scumbuddy they make it well known that they were voting them but when they vote innocent townies they tend to want an out or plausible deniability so that when the lynch goes awry it isn't traced back to them.

Malthusis voting Volkan randomly after the "rival bandwagon" comment means it's doubtful that it really is random.
I'm not getting this, exactly what are you getting at here? I just decided to vote vollkan because he made a good game I was in (Ace Attorney Mafia, great game by the way). It's just a random vote. If you don't like the bandwagon in particular, why don't you complain at the people who took it farther? I only put the second vote on.

I already commented that I didn't like how fast the wagon grew - however it has been cleared up that it is pretty normal around here. My problem with you is different, you are putting your vote on something that has already been called a wagon but you are giving a random reason for your vote.

Neko says: We need a rival bandwagon here (on Volkran).
You come along and vote on that wagon while providing a random vote.

To put it another way, what is the purpose of adding a random explanation to your vote if you are just joining a bandwagon?

Also please don't try and redirect.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Vote Count 2

vollkan 5 (Korts, neko, malthusis, charter, roflcopter)
malthusis 3 (elvis, DGB, Skander)
Korts 2 (vollkan, ABR)
roflcopter 1 (farside22)

Not voting - CarnCarn
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

malthusis wrote:

Unvote, Vote Malthusis

I've explained it like a billion times. How come you respond to skander, and not to any of my arguments? Your vote was the third vote, and others were talking of a bandwagon on vollkan, before you cast your vote. Why did you put a "random" on him without commenting on the building bandwagon?

farside wrote:
Skander wrote: What is the scum reaction that Volkan made in his first post? I've read it over 3 times and I can't see it.

And is everyone voting for Volkan voting seriously?

The above is a weird reaction to BW votes. I see people who panic with votes that are being voted against but not something like this. It's like a protective action on someone for no reason.
I don't know what site you played at here but random BW in a speed game is normal.
In newbie games I often see newbie scum OMGUS vote for their partner -- someone votes their partner, and then the newb scum votes the person who voted their partner.

So I see what you are saying, and think it's possible that skander is feeling protective of vollkan. But I also think it could be that he dislikes/is not used to random bandwagons. (Although, I don't think the vollkan bandwagon is random... but he might have at the time).

For me, it could ge either way. But I do think it is important to note.

Also, ABR is hot for vollkan.

I see korts reasoning on vollkan, and think his reading of it is possible (ie that vollkan is scum).

However, I dislike neko's last post. Vollkan is L-2. Anybody is going to be defensive, no matter their allignment. I dislike his wait and see attitude -- like, "I like how vollkan is getting attacked and I look forward to his defense so I can call him defensive."
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 am

Post by neko2086 »

Yeah, but we're on page two... I just think vollkan's reactions are a bit much, especially following a random vote with joke reasons.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am

Post by neko2086 »

ebwop: we're on page three, obviously, but still
In Tartiflette We Trust
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

neko, what don't you like about vollkan's defense? Being defensive does not indicate scum. (Saying someone is scum for being defensive, however, is scummy).

Personally, this is the only part of vollkan's defense which I don't like:
vollkan wrote:
Korts wrote: also, you're obviously scared about my vote. Did I hit a nerve, scum?
I am terrified about your vote. Since you are scum, I know that your vote is only going to be used to advance your sinister agenda.
As far as I can tell, the only reason vollkan thinks korts is scum, is because korts is voting vollkan. And that's no a good reason to be that sure.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 am

Post by neko2086 »

The opening post just seems odd, but this is the part I like the least:
vollkan wrote:
malthusis wrote:
Vote: vollkan
for modding AA mafia, which was a great game!
So, you not only make NO comment about EK claiming scum, but you also join a lame alternative wagon. Why? Are you frightened of wagoning Korts?
Defending oneself is fine, obviously. Overreacting is cause for concern, but not necessarily scummy in itself, I'd agree. This here, however, is on the verge of deflecting, which bothers me.

This, of course, is all preliminary. The portion that you quoted rings more of the sarcasm I'd expect in reaction to random BWs. Not that sarcasm is necessary or the appropriate response, but it seems more of a natural reaction.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hmmm, the deflection is a good point.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Neko score's townie points.
@EK: I have this thing about reading newbs too well sometimes. :S
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by roflcopter »

what is everyone's constant obsession with page numbers? page 2 or page 20, if something is scummy its scummy. quit giving people the "earlygame lulz" out.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Vote: malthusis
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Rofl- is that to say you think vollkan is scummy?

Carn- Seein's how that's the 4th vote on malthusis, care to say something about your vote?
In Tartiflette We Trust
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by vollkan »

Charter wrote: Your OMGUS is showing.
:oops:

Oh well, it's much bigger than yours.
Korts wrote: Ever heard of Chainsaw defense?
Yeah. I remember a few games where I ranted about how I think the whole Chainsaw thing is a load of crap invented by the "standardise scumtells, screw context" crowd.
Korts wrote: This is the initial post, Skander. See how he threatens me with his vote to help me "change my mind"? The obviously false evidence I presented should be no immediate threat to him, yet he defends himself like being scum in a previous game is a serious case against him.
:D So, pray tell, why is your attack on me "obviously false" but my defense axiomatically serious?
Skander wrote: I now understand the Volkan argument
So, you agree with Korts?
skander wrote: I dislike how fast the volkan wagon grew.
Huh? What was so bad about the wagon on me growing quickly?
Neko wrote: Vollkan's initial response to Korts seemed mostly joking/sarcastic at first, but the more defensive he gets, the less I'm sure.
I'M NOT SCUM DAMMIT!

Unvote, Vote: Neko

EK wrote: As far as I can tell, the only reason vollkan thinks korts is scum, is because korts is voting vollkan. And that's no a good reason to be that sure.
EK is also treating me as serious.
Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Skander »

vollkan wrote:
Skander wrote: I now understand the Volkan argument
So, you agree with Korts?
No. I think Mathusis is scum as I explained in that post. This highly diminishes the chance of you being scum because if he was bussing you he would be more open about it rather than the subtle way he jumped on your wagon.

However I do understand the point that Korts brought up (as opposed to before where I didn't).
I dislike fast wagons, the faster a wagon tends to grow the more likely scum are pushing it imo. I realize though that some things that I take for granted as scummy or not I will have to discard seeing as the playstyle and notions of scumminess are different here.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vollkan wrote: I'M NOT SCUM DAMMIT!
Don't continue this farce. If you have any balls at all you will claim scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:@EK: I have this thing about reading newbs too well sometimes. :S
Do you think skander is newb scum? (with vollkan buddy?)
Talk nerdy to me.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Korts »

elvis_knits wrote:
farside22 wrote:@EK: I have this thing about reading newbs too well sometimes. :S
I see merit in this theory, with Skander understanding the argument against vollkan but quite noticeably refusing to take a stance on it.

The malthusis vote on vollkan is questionable now that you pointed it out play by play, elvis. My vote may give him a visit later.

vollkan, you conveniently ignored this question:
Korts, post 35 wrote:BTW I see you did the same to charter as I did to elvis. If you think my action was scummy, what is your justification?
scumchat never die
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vollkan wrote:
So, vollkan, are you saying you like the wagon on you? And you liked the speed?

Just making sure that I'm right about you approving of this wagon.
vollkan wrote:
EK wrote: As far as I can tell, the only reason vollkan thinks korts is scum, is because korts is voting vollkan. And that's no a good reason to be that sure.
EK is also treating me as serious.
I can tell some of it's joking, but all of it? You're not at all serious about anything you're saying? You are not taking the wagon seriously when you are at L-2?
Talk nerdy to me.

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:19 am

Post by neko2086 »

vollkan, is there anything besides omgus behind your vote on me?
In Tartiflette We Trust
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

neko wrote:Rofl- is that to say you think vollkan is scummy?
my vote would seem to support this conclusion
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:22 am

Post by neko2086 »

Just making sure, in case you forgot, or in case that was just a sneaky way to make a random vote permanent.
In Tartiflette We Trust
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
I don't know. His reasoning when asked seemed sound to me, but it's something I would keep an eye on.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”