Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

I can't say that I'm comfortable with 4 votes on one person on page 2. Anyone want to back off of him for now?

@ xofelf- I don't think we're out of the random voting stage just yet, at least I haven't seen enough to build a real case on anyone yet. Have you?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

xofelf wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Unvote, vote: Theinin
Care to actually give a reason on that one? Because just randomly voting doesn't help us.
Shadow Knight answered for me, and you should answer his question - but I have one for him;

Why are you uncomfortable with what are essentially random votes, even if there are four of them? I think we're sensible enough not to mislynch randomly.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count Numero Dos: (As of Post 53)
ZEEnon- (4) - Cephir, Erratus Apathos, geraintm, Panzerjager
Theinin- (2) - Shadow Knight, Hoopla
Panzerjager - (1) - xofelf
J Assassin- (1) - Theinin
Erratus Apathos - (1) - ZEEnon
Hoopla- (1) -nicoliosgotpolio
nicoliosgotpolio- (1) - Khelvaster

Not Voting: J Assassin

With 12 alive, 7 will lynch.

Deadline is March 14 at 2:05 PM EST.
Last edited by Kmd4390 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:29 am

Post by PJ. »

FoS:Nicolios
Woohoo I think Khelv is right but lets see If I can get 2

Unvote:Vote:ZEEnon
I investigated you and know you're a scummy face.

@Geraintm: I'm actually trying to win you over, Is this not working?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 am

Post by geraintm »

seriously panzer, what are you up to? placing a 4th vote now, i have no idea what you are trying to acomplish. stop it
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

It makes me uncomfortable because we're still random voting. I realize that we're going to end up bandwagonning someone, but there is usually some reason for it. I'm not happy about a flimsy bandwagon, but I'm downright leery of a bandwagon that consists entirely of random votes. At least a flimsy case he can argue against and then we can make observations based on what he and his accusers say. What's the defense against random votes? (Not sure I explained my thoughts well enough, but that's my basic thinking on it.)
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:07 am

Post by xofelf »

Shadow Knight wrote:I can't say that I'm comfortable with 4 votes on one person on page 2. Anyone want to back off of him for now?

@ xofelf- I don't think we're out of the random voting stage just yet, at least I haven't seen enough to build a real case on anyone yet. Have you?
I haven't seen anything to do that yet, you are correct. But, i can't help but see that we're delaying actually GETTING there by all this playing around.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

xofelf wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:I can't say that I'm comfortable with 4 votes on one person on page 2. Anyone want to back off of him for now?

I haven't seen anything to do that yet, you are correct. But, i can't help but see that we're delaying actually GETTING there by all this playing around.
It isn't really a process that can be fast-tracked, unless someone does something outrageously fishy, or makes a (serious) early role-claim. You can't build cases with air.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

As far as I can tell, the "getting there" process involves waiting for or getting someone to make a slightly scummy move and then trying to crucify them for it. Whether it turns into a lynch or not is mostly up to how good a defense the accused can muster.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Cephrir wrote:But if you're going to investigate me, I should warn you that I'm totally a miller or something! [/obvscum]
hi obvscum
Unvote
Vote: Cephrir
Do you want your possessions identified?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hoopla wrote:
xofelf wrote:

It isn't really a process that can be fast-tracked, unless someone does something outrageously fishy, or makes a (serious) early role-claim. You can't build cases with air.
eh good point. I just get frustrated when a game seems to be going longer than it needs to. *shrugs* but that's just me.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

xofelf wrote:eh good point. I just get frustrated when a game seems to be going longer than it needs to. *shrugs* but that's just me.
You should just fess up now then.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hoopla wrote:
xofelf wrote:eh good point. I just get frustrated when a game seems to be going longer than it needs to. *shrugs* but that's just me.
You should just fess up now then.
Fess up? to what?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Cephrir wrote:But if you're going to investigate me, I should warn you that I'm totally a miller or something! [/obvscum]
hi obvscum
Unvote
Damn, you got me.

Anyway, I don't see any problem with having 4 votes on ZEEnon. If we never do anything interesting the game will never go anywhere.

I'll go with an
FoS: nicolio
because that post was really strange.
Theinin
Theinin
Townie
Theinin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Theinin »

ShadowKnight & Hoopla- Exactly why did you take a post that begins with the words "Alright, hmm, what will get the town talking" seriously?

At the moment I'm not liking Panzer's erratic and outright crazy play, but I don't see it as particularly scummy. It feels like he's just making an attempt to start up conversation, and he has done so.
Shadow Knight wrote:1. Are you seriously claiming day cop?

2. Why would you come forward so soon?

I don't really think you are a day cop (hence, not voting for khelvaster) but don't you think there are other methods for starting conversation? Starting out with a claim like that if false is dangerous on the off chance that there really *is* a day cop out there. Not sure he/she'd be dumb enough to counter claim you, but its a risk that doesn't need to be taken.

/rant

FOS Panzer
I already asked why you took Panzer's claim seriously, but why FOS him? Even if he was lying about the claim, it was rather clearly to stir up discussion, something a pro-town player is much more likely to do than a scummy one. And if it you found it scummy, or at least strange enough, to be worthy of an FOS, then why in the world would you not change your vote, when your vote for me was just a random placeholder?
Shadow Knight wrote:Granted. And that's why I'm not voting him, but no matter how outlandish, a fake claim is not a good idea this early on.
Here is the post that Shadow was responding to.
Cephrir wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:Starting out with a claim like that if false is dangerous on the off chance that there really *is* a day cop out there.
Chances are amazingly good that that's not an issue.
I concur with this, but why in the world is this justification for not voting him?

PS- LIEK OMG CEPHRIR IS OBVTOWN. TEH DAHCOP SHUD NEVAH INVESTIGATIATE HIM. EVAH.

Panzer, I'm beginning to think you're actually an insane Day cop. Because you could never get a scum report on Cephrir. He's too townie. :wink:
nicoliosgotpolio wrote:I don't understand what makes cops always want to claim on day one.
Last game I was in, cop claimed day one for some reason. Mafia convinced the town to kill him day two before he could even post his "investigation". Turned out he really was cop. Oops.
Really, that was not a smart move. Mafia will be on that so fast. We need power roles. Please, no one else claim unless told to.
Considering that it's rather obvious that Panzer was joking about the claim, and the fact that the rest of this post is hardly relevant at all, this is just a perfect example of active lurking.
Why? It's not like anybody has presented a case on Zee that we're all blindly following, and there's no indication that a random lynch is going to occur. Besides, bandwagons are a great way to avoid the game from stalling, which is something that scum want from the onset.
Shadow Knight wrote:It makes me uncomfortable because we're still random voting. I realize that we're going to end up bandwagonning someone, but there is usually some reason for it. I'm not happy about a flimsy bandwagon, but I'm downright leery of a bandwagon that consists entirely of random votes.
If you're leery of us still random voting, then present a case against someone. Provide a good reason to hop onto the already-building bandwagon on me. It feels like you're complaining and providing nothing in return. Oh, in addition, if you are as scared about a wagon that consists of random votes as you claim, why are you still random-voting me, and not unvoting until something of substance emerges?
Erratus Apathos wrote:
hi obvscum
Unvote
:badposting:

Unvote, Vote Shadow Knight

FOS: nicoliosgotpolio
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Theinin: are your comments about me in that post serious? If so, score one for atrociously executed buddying.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Theinin
Theinin
Townie
Theinin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Theinin »

Cephrir wrote:Theinin: are your comments about me in that post serious? If so, score one for atrociously executed buddying.
Heh, sorry. Total joke there, hence the caps, chatspeak, and reference to the "day-cop". It was not a good idea to put that in the middle of my serious recap post, though, I admit. :oops:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Just checking.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by PJ. »

@Theinin, there was still awesome wifom in there but it was a joke.
geraintm wrote:seriously panzer, what are you up to? placing a 4th vote now, i have no idea what you are trying to acomplish. stop it
Why should I stop?

Why shouldn't ZEEnon have 4 votes?

Why do I have to be up to something?

Also, If I were to stop, what should I do?

FoS:Geraintm

I would like to also poke Xofelf. What are your current thoughts of the game? What do you think of geraintm telling me to stop? Do you think I should stop? And Why?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Panzerjager wrote:I already investigate you and zeenon Cephrir. You guys are scum like Kheelvaster. Unfortunately I got a scum read on Xofelf and Shadowknight, so maybe I'm paranoid day cop. But then I'd be just a crazy townie.
i know you are trying to be funny, but don't take it overboard. xD
geraintm wrote:
vote ZEEnon
said i'd vote the 4th person who posted after me.
you counted the moderator ..
and i don't recall seeing you say that . :P
geraintm wrote:seriously panzer, what are you up to? placing a 4th vote now, i have no idea what you are trying to acomplish. stop it
don't worry about it.
it's only four votes, i don't think
scum will reveal themselves
by placing the 5th, 6th, and/or 7th .
nicoliosgotpolio
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by nicoliosgotpolio »

unvote.

I'M done with my random.
Why should I stop?

Because its getting kinda weird.
I don't see a problem with L-3. L-1 would be pushing it.
I don't know. ARE you up to something?
To me it seems like a distraction. It's pretty clear now that you aren't a cop. So, what are you doing? I believe he's trying to push a case off of himself with this. Thoughts?
Vote: Panzer
[size=75][sup]i[/sup][sub]know[/sub][sup]theres[/sup][sub]more[/sub][sup]to[/sup][sub]life[/sub][sup]than[/sup][sub]drinking[/sub][sup]this[/sup][sub]soul[/sub][sup]sick[/sup][sub]medicine.[/sub][/size]

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by geraintm »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
hi obvscum
Unvote
Cephrir wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
hi obvscum
Unvote
Damn, you got me.

Anyway, I don't see any problem with having 4 votes on ZEEnon. If we never do anything interesting the game will never go anywhere.

I'll go with an
FoS: nicolio
because that post was really strange.
argh, stop it. just everyone stop it. page 3, and joke votes should have stopped by now.

theinin, why vote shadow, i don't get it?

panzer, post 68, i still don't get you :-(

Zeenon - it was a random vote
ZEEnon wrote:
don't worry about it.
it's only four votes, i don't think
scum will reveal themselves
by placing the 5th, 6th, and/or 7th .
no, i wasn't having a problem with his vote, just his general jokeiness, it is stopping the game getting going, he is a distraction, the others above who are just fooling around, just isn't helping.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Theinin wrote:ShadowKnight & Hoopla- Exactly why did you take a post that begins with the words "Alright, hmm, what will get the town talking" seriously?
I wasn't sure if I should take it seriously or not, actually. After all, I could say "wow, no one is talking. I own a Ferrari F-450." Now that is probably not true, but it *could* be true and it would indeed start conversation. For a mafia tie in, I can remember reading a game in which 3 people claimed to be cops on day 1. 2 were telling the truth. 1 was scum. It got conversation started, but it also got one of the claimed cops lynched that day. (I think Mastermind of Sin started that one.)
Theinin wrote:At the moment I'm not liking Panzer's erratic and outright crazy play, but I don't see it as particularly scummy. It feels like he's just making an attempt to start up conversation, and he has done so.
Shadow Knight wrote:1. Are you seriously claiming day cop?

2. Why would you come forward so soon?

I don't really think you are a day cop (hence, not voting for khelvaster) but don't you think there are other methods for starting conversation? Starting out with a claim like that if false is dangerous on the off chance that there really *is* a day cop out there. Not sure he/she'd be dumb enough to counter claim you, but its a risk that doesn't need to be taken.

/rant

FOS Panzer
I already asked why you took Panzer's claim seriously, but why FOS him? Even if he was lying about the claim, it was rather clearly to stir up discussion, something a pro-town player is much more likely to do than a scummy one. And if it you found it scummy, or at least strange enough, to be worthy of an FOS, then why in the world would you not change your vote, when your vote for me was just a random placeholder?
I already said I wasn't sure if I should take it seriously or not. I wanted him to talk more so I could gauge whether he was joking or not. Because I wasn't sure, I simply FOS'd him. I was the only one voting you, so why bother unvoting until I actually want to vote someone for real? Why are you that worried about a single vote which I clearly stated was random? Why would I FOS *and* vote him? Perhaps I should have just used IGMEOY?
Theinin wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:Granted. And that's why I'm not voting him, but no matter how outlandish, a fake claim is not a good idea this early on.
Here is the post that Shadow was responding to.
Cephrir wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:Starting out with a claim like that if false is dangerous on the off chance that there really *is* a day cop out there.
Chances are amazingly good that that's not an issue.
I concur with this, but why in the world is this justification for not voting him?
Wait, do you want me to vote him or not vote him? I feel like you're trying to play both ends against the middle here. I didn't vote him because what he did was odd, but not necessarily scummy. I FOS'd him because what he did was odd, but not necessarily town.
Theinin wrote:
Why? It's not like anybody has presented a case on Zee that we're all blindly following, and there's no indication that a random lynch is going to occur. Besides, bandwagons are a great way to avoid the game from stalling, which is something that scum want from the onset.
Why am I not comfortable with someone being more than halfway to lynch without a case being made against them? Just personal feelings I guess. If someone gets that high in the vote count, I want to be able to see reasons for voting. Maybe its because a bandwagon is the opposite of random voting. (I.E. once a pattern emerges, its no longer random.) I keep feeling like you're stating the obvious (bandwagons keep the game from stalling). I never said I'm against bandwagons, I said I'm against random bandwagons. Please don't misrepresent what I'm saying in the future.
Theinin wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:It makes me uncomfortable because we're still random voting. I realize that we're going to end up bandwagonning someone, but there is usually some reason for it. I'm not happy about a flimsy bandwagon, but I'm downright leery of a bandwagon that consists entirely of random votes.
If you're leery of us still random voting, then present a case against someone. Provide a good reason to hop onto the already-building bandwagon on me. It feels like you're complaining and providing nothing in return. Oh, in addition, if you are as scared about a wagon that consists of random votes as you claim, why are you still random-voting me, and not unvoting until something of substance emerges?
Again, please stop misrepresenting me. I *never* said I'm leery of random voting in general. I said I'm leery of a bandwagon based on nothing but random votes. In fact, I just got done telling Xofelf that we weren't out of the random voting stage, and that if she wanted to progress beyond it, she would have to post an actual case against someone. The amusing part is that in responding to your post, I've found the only scumtells to appear in the game thus far. For that, I'm gonna have to say

confirm vote Theinin
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

Shadow Knight wrote:
Why am I not comfortable with someone being more than halfway to lynch without a case being made against them? Just personal feelings I guess. If someone gets that high in the vote count, I want to be able to see reasons for voting. Maybe its because a bandwagon is the opposite of random voting. (I.E. once a pattern emerges, its no longer random.) I keep feeling like you're stating the obvious (bandwagons keep the game from stalling). I never said I'm against bandwagons, I said I'm against random bandwagons. Please don't misrepresent what I'm saying in the future.
I don't want to deviate too far into a theory debate about 'is there such a thing as random voting', but I think early bandwagons are healthy. After the first few pages the game can often fracture into different paths with a variety of cases emerging - when this happens it's rare you'll get everyone's opinion on everything presented. Bandwagons are often something that will attract the focus of the majority of the town, which serves for greater comparison.

As I mentioned before, once the game breaks away, to compare and determine suspicion, you often have to do it based on what X thinks of Y, compared to how Z defended N. When more variables come into play, it's far easier for scum to be evasive and focus on areas that hold weaker comparison purposes. The 'random' voting really holds a lot more information than some think - and bandwagons are an excellent source.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 am

Post by PJ. »

nicoliosgotpolio wrote:
unvote.

I'M done with my random.
Why should I stop?

Because its getting kinda weird.
I don't see a problem with L-3. L-1 would be pushing it.
I don't know. ARE you up to something?
To me it seems like a distraction. It's pretty clear now that you aren't a cop. So, what are you doing? I believe he's trying to push a case off of himself with this. Thoughts?
Vote: Panzer
I was trying to get done with random by asking these questions to Geraintm(who ignored them). How is this is a distraction? I'm pretty confident that you're scum. First of all, your first post was seemed like you were just trying to be townie and ended up making a completely irrelevant post that reeked of this very thing. Now you've made another post, answering a question asked of geraintm and then replaying withquestions that are answered in an obvious fashion, as they are already in the thread. This seems like an obvious attempt at "trying" to be town, also with obvious buddying to geraintm.

Am I up to something? Yes. What am I doing/up to? Starting conversation so I can catch scum. What case am I trying to push off me? There was never as case on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”