Lunar_Tick
Lunar_Tick
Townie
Lunar_Tick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Lunar_Tick »

raider8169 wrote: It there more of a reason for your vote then post 66?
What reason is there in post 66?

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-3

Lunar Tick - 4 (Rhinox, MonkeyMan, Rogue Shenanigans, Korts)
BSG - 3 (Kiro, Occam, Prom King)
Rogue Shenanigans - 1 (freeko)
Occam - 1 (BSG)
MonkeyMan - 1 (Raider)

Not Voting - Spambot, Lunar_Tick

With 12 left, 7 to lynch.

Mod Note - Spambot hasn't posted since December 27th, or so it seems, so I'm going to seek out a replacement for him.
Nobody knows
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:42 am

Post by raider8169 »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
unvote,vote:Lunar_Tick

We can lynch korts-scum tommorow. <3
It there more of a reason for your vote then post 66?

Any reason for thinking korts is scum?
Yes... there is. Enough of a bad read to be a place to take off my random korts vote.

No reason to think Korts is scum, my little love heart was a way of showing I was joking...
Yeah...I guess I am just a little slow. I didnt even realize it was a heart until you said something.

As the random stage is over
Unvote
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Korts »

Arrrgh. I hate the phrase "the random voting stage is over" so very much. Why do you think it is over, raider? What defines "random voting stage"? Where is the distinction between "random voting stage" and non-"random voting stage"? Please note that these questions have no bearing at all on the game itself and are purely posed simply to make people realize that such statements of a seperate hypothetical "random" stage are stupid.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:35 am

Post by raider8169 »

Korts wrote:Arrrgh. I hate the phrase "the random voting stage is over" so very much. Why do you think it is over, raider? What defines "random voting stage"? Where is the distinction between "random voting stage" and non-"random voting stage"? Please note that these questions have no bearing at all on the game itself and are purely posed simply to make people realize that such statements of a seperate hypothetical "random" stage are stupid.
Its just my way of making sure my "random" vote does not become a real vote and someone get lynched for it. Or atleast if it was to become a real vote I would make sure it is known and not just use the random vote as a resting place for my vote. I dislike it when people let their random vote ride on the same person for the entire day and at the end of the day no one really knows where that person stands.

The random stage is over as soon as the first real vote is place and the first intent to have someone lynched is known.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

Post by freeko »

I think it would be an obvious point to be bringing up the next day were the parked vote to stay on someone an entire day.

Though I disagree with this whole random voting thing being over with. I could very well make another vote with the sole intention of gaining information. This vote me not be who I think is who I want to be lynched, but it would be more along the line of a random vote that is used to start the game rolling. Then again, thats just my opinion.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:I think it would be an obvious point to be bringing up the next day were the parked vote to stay on someone an entire day.

Though I disagree with this whole random voting thing being over with. I could very well make another vote with the sole intention of gaining information. This vote me not be who I think is who I want to be lynched, but it would be more along the line of a random vote that is used to start the game rolling. Then again, thats just my opinion.
Voting someone to get more information is not a bad thing and I do not consider that a random vote as you have intentions with them other then getting the game started.

You are right it would be obvious but I guess that is just something I do.
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Kiro »

Hrm, I'm not liking Lunar_Tick's deal now. You're pretty insistent about the idea that the path choice at the beginning was not a big deal in post 62, then your whole demeanor does a weird shift in 66. Any reason why you felt like you had to add a snide remark/WIFOM to something that didn't need one? You don't like the topic of conversation at the beginning, but I don't see you actually breaking away from the topic about the path choice. Furthermore, you don't even have a vote on anybody yet, but you are not particularly happy about MonkeyMan's words. Why the hesitancy to commit to a vote? That kind of passiveness doesn't sit well with me.

Unvote: BSG
Vote: Lunar_Tick
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Occam »

Wait can someone explain the lunar wagon? I just reread the thread - I don't get the impression that Lunar has done anything particularly scummy. Note that this includes what Kiro just said... fence-sitting and not voting are two different things, Kiro. It seems like this whole thing is stemming from RS picking a direction... which (I think?) we can all agree to call neutral at this point? Regardless of what we WOULD have picked, RS already picked. And the mod even said it had little bearing on the game. Later choices, he said, will be more important. The point is, I'm confused as to why Lunar's at L-2. Korts admitted his vote was purely for bandwagon right in the post... is this the general reason fueling the wagon?

I don't know... it seems weak to me. Especially Kiro's vote... it is weakly reasoned for an L-2. And the very fact that it attempts to support itself with a weak reason comes off as scummy... it's one of those "searching for a reason, not really finding one, and attempting to make it look founded" votes in my opinion. For that, I'm going to
unvote - vote: Kiro
Slice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Occam wrote:Wait can someone explain the lunar wagon? I just reread the thread - I don't get the impression that Lunar has done anything particularly scummy. Note that this includes what Kiro just said... fence-sitting and not voting are two different things, Kiro. It seems like this whole thing is stemming from RS picking a direction... which (I think?) we can all agree to call neutral at this point? Regardless of what we WOULD have picked, RS already picked.
And the mod even said it had little bearing on the game.
Later choices, he said, will be more important. The point is, I'm confused as to why Lunar's at L-2. Korts admitted his vote was purely for bandwagon right in the post... is this the general reason fueling the wagon?

I don't know... it seems weak to me. Especially Kiro's vote... it is weakly reasoned for an L-2. And the very fact that it attempts to support itself with a weak reason comes off as scummy... it's one of those "searching for a reason, not really finding one, and attempting to make it look founded" votes in my opinion. For that, I'm going to
unvote - vote: Kiro
BFE:
He didn't say that the decisions weren't important, he said that if we continue to make similar decisions it will have a greater effect, than if we change course. If you're going to make a case you might consider making sure you quote the mod correctly.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Occam »

@MM:
mod wrote:This decision will not make much of a difference now, though similar decisions may be more potent later.
This could be interpreted in a couple of different ways. The way I read it is that THIS decision isn't very important, but LATER, SIMILAR decisions will have more of an impact. I can see how you misread it (if you're at fault and not me) but I think you should recognize the plausibility of either interpretation.
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Occam »

Also what is BFE?
Slice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Occam wrote:Also what is BFE?
Bolded For Emphasis...

Your interpretation has a slight possibility of being correct, but he specifically said "The decisions may not make much of a difference now."

In all likelyhood, what he meant was that there will not be major consequences in the short term, not that the decisions we make now will not have concequences in the long term, especially if we stay on the same course.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Jebus »

Sipylus replaces Spambot.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:15 am

Post by freeko »

There is an old japanese saying that goes something like this.

Even the greatest of Tsunamis all startt as just a simple ripple.

I really dont know or care what the exact wording is, for all I know it could be all your base are belongs to us. The long and short of it is this, that no matter the decision every one that is made will have a consequence tied into it. Maybe not an immediate one, but one down the road. It could be no different than looking at interactions on day one when it is day three. Seeing as how you know how some people are aligned at this point, you know how true or false some of these statements are. Maybe in the end it is a completely inconsequential decision. Only one way to find out. That is to play the game out. and see what happens.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:There is an old japanese saying that goes something like this.

I really dont know or care what the exact wording is, for all I know it could be all your base are belongs to us. The long and short of it is this, that no matter the decision every one that is made will have a consequence tied into it. Maybe not an immediate one, but one down the road. It could be no different than looking at interactions on day one when it is day three. Seeing as how you know how some people are aligned at this point, you know how true or false some of these statements are. Maybe in the end it is a completely inconsequential decision. Only one way to find out. That is to play the game out. and see what happens.
The first choice does not have a huge impact as was said by the mod. The future choice should be made as a group as I think everyone agrees with. The ripple has not formed yet but it looks like you are trying to create it.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:25 am

Post by freeko »

Or someone is taking what I say and attempting to contort it into something that it is not.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:09 am

Post by BSG »

Unvote Vote MonkeyMan576

FoS Occam

Still find you suspicious, Occam, therefore I'm giving you a FoS. However, MM is very suspicious.
Voting LN, first based upon the wrong reasons. Voting LN, for reasons that other players did as well. And only talking about LN, while he first voted based upon something RS did, so why hasn't he give comments against RS?
And some minor things, like ignoring questions, like mine (post 63) and Occam's (post 82)

You've got some explaining to do.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Occam »

freeko wrote: There is an old japanese saying that goes something like this.

Yes, but there's another Japanese saying that goes like this:

He wo hitte, shiri tsubome: Or, Breaking wind, closing buttocks. Basically, after you've farted it's too late to try to keep it in. That's the situation with RS. He picked, it's done.
Your interpretation has a slight possibility of being correct, but he specifically said "The decisions may not make much of a difference now."
No, he said "THIS decision WILL not make much of a difference now." Not MAY, but WILL not. He specifies that THIS decision in particular WILL NOT make a difference, but that later decisions of a similar nature MAY. So my interpretation is certainly more correct. But that is a
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Occam »

@MM: You said it yourself:
MM wrote: If you're going to make a case you might consider making sure you quote the mod correctly.
Slice.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

I really want to know why everyone is so uptight about the ramifications of RS picking path C? Its distracting, and is not scum hunting. Its arguing over nothing.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Occam »

Rhinox wrote: I really want to know why everyone is so uptight about the ramifications of RS picking path C? Its distracting, and is not scum hunting. Its arguing over nothing.
I'll agree with you that the decision itself is not important, nor the ramifications that directly result from the decision. I don't agree that the discussion stemming from it is not important.
I wrote: It seems like this whole thing is stemming from RS picking a direction... which (I think?) we can all agree to call neutral at this point? Regardless of what we WOULD have picked, RS already picked. And the mod even said it had little bearing on the game. Later choices, he said, will be more important. The point is, I'm confused as to why Lunar's at L-2.
This was me trying to do what you just tried to get us to do in your post - move past the RS decision. Then MM began to attack my comment (falsely, because he was actually the one misquoting the mod, not me). So it seems important to me that MM is attacking me for my case on Kiro. I hate the term "chainsaw defense" but that's what I'm seeing here - he's using bad evidence to attack me and devalue my attack on Kiro.
Slice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:07 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I wouldn't consider the mod's own words bad evidence...
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Occam »

I wouldn't consider the mod's own words bad evidence...
But your misquoting of them, right after you accused me of misquoting them, is bad evidence.
Slice.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 am

Post by BSG »

MM, nothing else to say?
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Occam »

Also worth noting is that both Rhinox and MM have posted since I asked someone to explain the Lunar wagon and neither has done so. This reinforces my belief that it's unfounded.
Slice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”