Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Coriolanus »

Assmaster wrote:I have no idea what Yos is trying to achieve with this. It seems like he's trying to argue Coro into admitting he is an alt, which I don't think has any relevance to whether he's scum or not.
it's called a "deflection", a "waste of space", or "a way of avoiding doing anything productive."

also lol at this argument:
them: "YOU'RE AN ALT YOU'RE AN ALT YOU'RE AN ALT"
me: "UH NO I'M NOT"
them: "why are you being so defensive over this? YOU'RE AN ALT! his responses have been strange. YOU'RE AN ALT"

and by the way glork i have an account on conquerclub but i don't think it's in my interests to share it. so yeah, we have had some interaction with your buddies.
Tuberkulos wrote:Now that was a waste of four pages.
and your solution is a contribution of more waste? notice how you just slipped by and voted assmaster.
dahill wrote: being an alt or not isn't that important, but him blowing up for us accusing him of being one does seem off.
bullshit
i was ready to drop the subject immediately, but glork brought it up again.
this is entirely the fault of you, yos, and glork, which is hilarious because all three of you seem to know it was bullshit in the first place.
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

Coriolanus wrote:
dahill wrote: being an alt or not isn't that important, but him blowing up for us accusing him of being one does seem off.
bullshit
i was ready to drop the subject immediately, but glork brought it up again.
this is entirely the fault of you, yos, and glork, which is hilarious because all three of you seem to know it was bullshit in the first place.
when were you ready to drop the subject? iirc you said "I want fucking evidence." which is far from dropping the subject. and this post is yet another example of you blowing up. i don't see why you're getting so worked up
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Glork »

I could lynch Tuber fo sho, peeps.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 6 (Incognito, charter, Assmaster, Coriolanus, Xtoxm, Glork)
Glork: 1 (Erratus Apathos)
Incognito: 1 (Yosarian2)
Yosarian2: 1 (dahill1)
Tuberkulos: 1 (Rally Vincent)
dahill1: 1 (Pathetric)
Assmaster: 1 (Tuberkulos)

Not Voting: 0
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Corio overreacting doesn't do much for me either way: I'd say either he's an alt who's annoyed that everyone's worked it out so easily, or he's frustrated because he's telling the truth and not believed. dahill, can you elaborate on what feels off or alignment-telling to you?

Glork seems ok so far. Not a fan of Xtoxm's responses to being probed, which reminds me a fair bit of the unhelpful Xtoxm-scum I've played with; unfortunately it seems I don't have strong agreement with my other head on that one, again :P

Patrick, this time.
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Pathetric wrote:dahill, can you elaborate on what feels off or alignment-telling to you?
it's not necessarily alignment-telling but just the idea of overreacting to this to type of accusation seems strange to me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Assmaster wrote:
I have no idea what Yos is trying to achieve with this. It seems like he's trying to argue Coro into admitting he is an alt, which I don't think has any relevance to whether he's scum or not.
Well...it's a useful thing to know, and especally if he says whose alt he is I suspect I'll have a much easier time reading him, for meta reasons and such (there are a few players from which I wouldn't find this kind of over-reaction to be a scum tell, for example.)

But, mostly, I just think it's odd the way he's reacting. I think his initial "why isn't Glork dead yet" post was really odd, and I'm trying to figure out what he's thinking right now. I care less about if he is an alt then about why he's reacting this way to Glork speculating he's an alt; , the overly hostile reaction to what looks to me to be logical speculation on Glork's part seems kind of scummy to me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Tuberkulos wrote:Now that was a waste of four pages.
Why, are we going to run out or something?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by charter »

Incognito wrote:
charter, in post 8, wrote:
vote Xtoxm
for being the only one of you I've been in a game with
that I remember
Heeeeeey. We played together in Mini 539 a long long time ago. Am I
that
forgettable? =(
Oops, fixed.
unvote, vote incog

Now I'm not playing favorites.
unvote
Glork wrote:which I believe was interpreted as you knowing that I have a reputation.
Your mom has a reputation.
Pathetric wrote:It is absolutely beyond me why we are still discussing Corio. This game should not be four pages.
I agree. Also, every time I read this name I just see pathetic, you should have thrown some more letters in there.

Now that I've got my RVS shenanigans out of the way.
vote dahill

I don't like his telling off Glork when he thought it was a hammer. I also don't like how he seems to be getting Corio worked up but not planning on going anywhere with it.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by dahill1 »

charter wrote:I don't like his telling off Glork when he thought it was a hammer.
you would have been in support of a hammer with no claim?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm, your play so far just seems bizarre to me and distinctly reminds me of the type of play I remember seeing from you in NG 581 where you ended up self-voting and admitting to being scum after being called out for non-contributiveness. Why exactly would following the advice of placing yourself at L-2 at the request of someone whose alignment you supposedly don't know be more beneficial than actually commenting on some of the relevant happenings that have occurred in this game? Do you have anything to say about
anyone
so far?

I did a reread of the thread and one thing that I do find to be slightly alarming is the fact that both Yosarian2 and dahill1 have mentioned at least once or twice now that they have issues with Coriolanus's reaction to being called an alt:
Yosarian2, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1405790#1405790]in his 79[/url], wrote:Actually, no, I don't think that. The subject of "is Corio an alt or not", isn't all that relevent; but Corio's answers, his response, really seem strange to me here, and I think his posting here might be a very productive subject.
dahill1, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1406315#1406315]in his 98[/url], wrote:again, yos pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. being an alt or not isn't that important, but him blowing up for us accusing him of being one does seem off.
...but neither one have gone forward and placed a formal FoS or vote on the guy as of yet.

Yosarian2 and dahill1, do you find Coriolanus's reaction to be scummy-interesting or some other type of interesting? Why have neither of you gone forward and actually voted for him as of yet? I'm pretty sure the both of you are still on your arbitrary votes from page 1.
Tuberkulos, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1406169#1406169]in his 97[/url], wrote:Wethever you are town or scum, that's a bold move Glork.

vote: Assmaster
Your position on Glork here doesn't seem to lean one way or the other and ends up pretty much stating the obvious. Is your vote on Assmaster random or does it have any valid reasoning behind it?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yay for causing CPUs and still not losing the post!
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Incognito wrote:
Yosarian2 and dahill1, do you find Coriolanus's reaction to be scummy-interesting or some other type of interesting?
Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. My natural reaction is to be suspicious of someone who reacts like that, although as Ether pointed out there are other possible reasons for it.

Also, a lot depends on if I'm dealing with an experenced mafia player or a true newbie; reactions are different. Glork asked him that question earlier of if he'd played on a different forum, and he hasn't answered it yet.
Why have neither of you gone forward and actually voted for him as of yet?
(shrug) Haven't decided yet if his play is scummy or not, I suppose.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah; he did answer the one question, he said he's played over at conquerclub . Ok, my mistake.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Incognito wrote:dahill1, do you find Coriolanus's reaction to be scummy-interesting or some other type of interesting? Why have neither of you gone forward and actually voted for him as of yet? I'm pretty sure the both of you are still on your arbitrary votes from page 1.
as i said in this post:
dahill1 wrote:it's not necessarily alignment-telling but just the idea of overreacting to this to type of accusation seems strange to me.
i find it to be as you said "some other type of interesting" that i can't necessarily categorize at the moment. and i don't think something piquing my interest warrants a vote since i didn't find it scummy, per say.

on that note,
unvote vote tuber

for voting assmaster with seemingly no reason, and i found it strange (scummy strange) that he didn't even really comment on xtoxm..
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by charter »

dahill1 wrote:
charter wrote:I don't like his telling off Glork when he thought it was a hammer.
you would have been in support of a hammer with no claim?
I should have said I didn't like how you told off Glork, that's what I meant anyway. It looked fake to me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Incognito »

dahill1 wrote:
Incognito wrote:dahill1, do you find Coriolanus's reaction to be scummy-interesting or some other type of interesting? Why have neither of you gone forward and actually voted for him as of yet? I'm pretty sure the both of you are still on your arbitrary votes from page 1.
as i said in this post:
dahill1 wrote:it's not necessarily alignment-telling but just the idea of overreacting to this to type of accusation seems strange to me.
i find it to be as you said "some other type of interesting" that i can't necessarily categorize at the moment. and i don't think something piquing my interest warrants a vote since i didn't find it scummy, per say.
Ah, I missed that. My bad.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm just mucking about, it's the random phase.

I think GLork's vote was pretty and opportunistic, I think he was hoping someone would hammer, with the fallback of "I was asking for it".

Unvote Vote Glork

VT btw.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Xtoxm wrote:I'm just mucking about, it's the random phase.
not when you selfvote yourself to L-2, it's not
I think GLork's vote was pretty and opportunistic, I think he was hoping someone would hammer, with the fallback of "I was asking for it".
who, specifically, did you think would hammer?
cuz personally, i can't really see any scenario in which any of us would hammer
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I wouldn't be adversed to hammering someone on page 4.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Xtoxm wrote:I wouldn't be adversed to hammering someone on page 4.
you also self-vote to put yourself at L-2
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

Incognito wrote:
Tuberkulos, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1406169#1406169]in his 97[/url], wrote:Wethever you are town or scum, that's a bold move Glork.

vote: Assmaster
Your position on Glork here doesn't seem to lean one way or the other and ends up pretty much stating the obvious. Is your vote on Assmaster random or does it have any valid reasoning behind it?
Glork could flip either way. Just saying that it was a bold move and I think it was a bit uncalled for.

There was a reason behind my vote. Why ask people to make a wagon on someone? I thought the whole point of wagons was that you watch and see who joins in by own force. Telling people to join a wagon just gives them an excuse to do so. A poor one yes, but stil an excuse. Hence my vote. Do not consider it too serious though. Anyone here could flip either way for me as it is right now.

Xtoxm's selfvote doesn't sit well with me at all. What was your reason for that anyway Xtoxm? You claimed random. I got the feeling that there was something more about it than just random though.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah; I dislike Xtoxm's self-vote as well. I've seen pro-town people self vote for bad reasons too often lately to really consider it a scumtell anymore, but it's still an anti-town move.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:00 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Xtoxm wrote:No. Just seeing if Ass's idea has any effect...
Xtoxm wrote:I'm just mucking about, it's the random phase.
Which is it?

Not liking Yos2's "contributions" so far.
Unvote
Vote: Yosarian2
Do you want your possessions identified?
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 am

Post by Pathetric »

My position which Patrick cited in 104 wasn't strictly at ends with his. It was more about the feel of the Xtoxmwagon. There was never much basis behind it, far as I can tell; it was a "let's kick off the game" wagon when the game had already been kicked off perfectly adequately. Also, I think Xtoxm is the sort of person who's easier to read when left to his own devices.

I'd lean town on him right now solely because of the timing of the vanilla claim, though. (shrug)
Post 114, Dahill (emphasis mine) wrote:
for voting assmaster with seemingly no reason,
and i found it strange (scummy strange) that he didn't even really comment on xtoxm.
Terrible.

I understood Tuberk's vote at the time and it was the first thing I liked out of him. But Primate is probably town purely because he has 16 posts. Tuberk should vote Dahill instead.

Patiently,
-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”