Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Long response...
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #39 - super waffling with regards to Goat. "I don't like it but I don't think it's malicious", what exactly is the purpose of pointing that out? And the further explanation in #84 doesn't make it any better, it really looks like a case of trying to have it both ways. He's making very sure that he doesn't actually accuse Goat of anything, but he's laying the groundwork to accuse him further down the line if it becomes convenient.
I explained that it was more an "IGMEOY" on Goat rather than a full-on accusation. Like I mentioned before, I thought that with a thread only open for one real life day and one that was only on page 2 it was a bit premature for Goat to be definitively calling anyone scum. If it was something that continued regardless of whether or not pops' responses were good, I might have become suspicious of it but imo, that's not what happened, so I didn't bother going after Goat about it. And I don't see how my further explanation in #84 looks like I'm trying to have it both ways - I pretty clearly stated that I thought Goat's interrogation looked genuine, which means I was leaning towards thinking Goat was town.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #225 - His accusing Jahudo of lying here really doesn't track right - it's clearly not a lie that would benefit scum in any way, and I think a town Incog who was actually trying to figure out Jahudo's alignment, and not just trying to find things he could use against him, would realise that.
How would the situation I mentioned not benefit scum?

In Jahudo's post where he suddenly backed off of McGriddle, he appeared to have
just realized
what game it was all along that McG was referring to. His "realization" just didn't seem genuine to me given the length of time that it happened between my post where I asked for McGriddle to provide a link to the game and the post where Jahudo came to this "realization". Basically, if Jahudo's scum, he might have known about the game all along but might have deliberately chosen not to reference it in the hopes that nobody would look back to it for cross-reference. When I asked McG for the game though, obviously that was out of the picture. I mean, sure, there's the possibility that Jahudo just found the game completely independently of my question but I wasn't sure if it was likely at that time given the time-stamps of the posts.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #268 - The last sentence in this post, why is it there? Surely we all know that it goes without saying that D1 reads are not set in stone, so why is Incog being so careful to point this out?
I don't completely remember why I wrote that, but I think I just didn't feel as confident in my SerialClergyman town read as I did with some of my other reads, so I wrote that so that people were aware that I probably wouldn't be sticking my neck out too far to be defending that read. I didn't agree with the case that pops made against SC at the time, and I did find certain things about SC that struck me as town-ish but at the same time I still saw certain things that seemed off, so I wasn't as certain about SC being town at that time as I was with say Goatrevolt or even Elmo. Basically, I hadn't seen enough stuff from SC that I didn't like that would make me think he was very likely scum and therefore a good D1 lynch.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #269 - Incog's super case on Jahudo. "He's a bit lurky and backgroundy", that's it. Oh, and "I accused him of lying earlier, he explained how it obviously wasn't lying, but I'm going to keep on using it as a point against him anyway". This is the case that it was majorly suspicious of Jahudo not to prostrate himself in front of and declare himself scum. This is the case that I did not understand when I said that lurking was a major component of it.
That wasn't my complete case on Jahudo, but I don't see how you're not able to read that as more than just a Jahudo lurker case. Even though my word choice probably wasn't the best, it should be pretty clear as to what I was getting at there when I explained it further - I got the feeling that Jahudo was just trying to look busy by asking questions for the sake of asking them. It didn't look like he was doing anything with the answers to those questions at that time, which is something that I would expect more from scum than town.

And I find it strange that you're using this as a point against me when back when you claimed Jahudo was your mason buddy, you yourself said that if you weren't masons with him, you'd probably think he was scum too. That implies to me that you understood what I and others were getting at when we mentioned that we were suspicious of him.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #319 - Wording here: "It doesn't seem likely that a wagon will switch to Jahudo before deadline, and I've mentioned that I agree with the wagon on NabNab anyway." Not "I agree with the wagon", but "
I've mentioned
that I agree". Again, showing that he's overly concerned about appearing consistent in a way that a town player wouldn't be.
This seems more like a semantics point but either way, I've just been attacked in the past for not making my thoughts clear enough, so in order to avoid that, I've tried to be more meticulous with how I do things in order to avoid those kinds of attacks. Considering the fact that you're using this against me now though, it's pretty clear that I may as well just get used to it.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #395 - No matter how well they know that commenting on the NK in this way is a blatant scum tell, time and time again, scum still just can't help themselves.
Not sure if this even needs responding to but in every single one of the last games I've been in with Patrick where we've both been town, he's always managed to die N1 no matter what. I found it pretty amusing that the same thing happened here.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #449 - What the hell is wrong with SC using a case made on D1 as a major reason for voting pops on D2? Why would that case suddenly become invalid overnight?
Because it looks like a set-up for a mislynch? Because the fact that NabNab flipped town might make a person reconsider their thought process? Because you just plopped your vote on pops and decided to take the rest of Day 2 off without responding to anything else that happened in-thread, which would personally make me reconsider my vote if I was using your case as a basis for my vote? Take your pick.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #495 - "it almost looks like he's just trying to intimidate people off of joining the Jah-wagon." - it doesn't
almost look like
anything; I was very blatantly trying to intimidate people off of joining the Jahudo wagon. He is implying that I was subtly manipulating people away from Jahudo when I was in fact outright telling them "don't vote Jahudo". This is a complete warping of reality with the intention of painting me as some kind of shady criminal mastermind.
I wasn't implying anything; I just wasn't going to definitely say that you were 100% positively doing something like intimidating people off of a wagon since I don't have direct access to your mind, right? I was just giving my read of the situation and since you're now claiming that that's exactly what you were doing, I guess my read of the situation was correct, yes?
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #530 - Much like the "Jahudo lied about not knowing what game McGriddle was talking about" bit, we again have Incog saying "here is a point against Jahudo, it is not a valid point, but I'm going to use it anyway".
If you're talking about the last line about never playing with a Jahudo-town to compare to, then yeah, I guess I can see how you interpret that post in that way but either way it should be pretty clear there that I was using my past experience with Jahudo to further explain why I had bad feelings about him. So it's definitely still valid.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #726 - "It seems all too convenient to me that the two people who were scummiest to me decide to confirm each other as this pro-town mason team." This is some bullshit right here. If we were both at the top of Incog's scumlist completely independently, this would make sense, but the only reason I was there in the first place is because I defended the shit out of Jahudo for bad reasons. It's not "convenient", so much as it is "a logical explanation for the play that made these two the scummiest in the first place".
Actually, that's not the only reason you were at the top of my scum list in the first place, so I don't see why you're saying it was. I mentioned that I didn't like the way you just plopped your vote on popsofctown and how you didn't bother following that vote up. I mentioned how my meta of you suggested that you were usually much more involved as town than you were here. Those are at least two other points for why you were at the top of my scumlist. The defense of Jahudo was just icing on the cake.
Post 874, iamausername wrote:In addition to attacking me primarily for defending the shit out of Jahudo, Incog has also repeatedly brought up the fact that Jahudo claimed to have "a solid town read" on me as a point against him, because he could not see a reason for that read. I cannot see how Incog can honestly have considered the possibility that I was a mason with SC, but be taken completely by surprise by my actual partner. That does not stack up in the slightest. This is all done in service of pushing the "convenient" line to throw doubt on our claim, and it is
bull
Let's think about this, shall we? All through Day 1, you didn't mention a thing about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Through the first part of Day 2, again, you didn't mention anything about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Near mid-Day you both FINALLY mention something about each other, which just so happened to be solid town reads of one another. Prior to all of that, the only person who claimed to be having a solid town read of you from pretty much the beginning of the game was SC. So why would it be unreasonable for me to think along the lines I did?
Post 874, iamausername wrote:Post #731 - His vote on SC, based on the fact that SC doesn't consider the possibility that Ecto is mafia. SC explains this in this post, and Incog... completely ignores this explanation and leaves his vote on SC for the rest of the day. Really?
[/quote]This point I will concede because I probably should have followed up on his response but even after the response, I still felt like he was the most likely to be scum out of all the leading wagons that were around when the deadline was coming up. So I didn't see any reason to change my vote. The only other lynches I would have supported were yours or Jahudo's but that surge didn't come until SC's wagon reached L-1 and since I felt like SC was a very likely candidate for scum if either you or Jahudo were scum, I was completely fine with his lynch.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

Incognito wrote:His "realization" just didn't seem genuine to me given the length of time that it happened between my post where I asked for McGriddle to provide a link to the game and the post where Jahudo came to this "realization". Basically, if Jahudo's scum, he might have known about the game all along but might have deliberately chosen not to reference it in the hopes that nobody would look back to it for cross-reference.
And this is where I repeat once again that your question on 177 had nothing to do with anything. McGriddle's post 174 caused me to WANT to look for the game. You act like I was in the game real-time, and saw your post the minute you made it. Your argument that the length of time was disingenuous is based on that premise, which you can't prove or even speculate on besides gut.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Incognito »

...which is why I pretty much dropped that point altogether a long time ago. I only brought it up right now because iamausername used it in his case against me.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Vote Count 4

With eight alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 6:30PM GMT, May 22nd <Countdown>.

Not Voting
-
(RedCoyote, Incognito, Goatrevolt, Jahudo, iamausername, Elmo, Ectomancer, McGriddle)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Jahudo 871 wrote:A lack of trying to understand and address the points of the NabNab wagon. (No quotes, but ISO him and try to find reaction to Nab's "dominant wagon", "bad scum", "only non-invitation" case points on McGriddle, his further reaction to McGriddle unvoting in consideration of voting Nab or Jahudo, or even the speculative scumpairing of Nab and Jahudo. RedCoyote holds out his opinions while filling up his text walls with less pertinent information.)
I thought it was fairly clear my stance on NabNab. I mean, does anyone else agree with this? I stated several times that I didn't like Elmo or Goat's characterizations of NabNab as some sort of confirmed scum, and tried very hard to get everyone to see Elmo for the manipulative stance he was taking or McGriddle for the far too passive position he was taking.
RC 274 wrote:
iamausername 292 wrote:What I'm seeing is a town McGriddle who earnestly believes that NabNab is scum, but is having a hard time figuring out exactly why, and since no one else is helping him out much on that front, he's just having to throw whatever he can think of out there.
And there's no self-interest involved?

Maybe it's because I don't even really get where the NabNab suspicion is coming from that I'm not able to take it seriously. The only thing I've been able to understand so far is the criticism of Elmo's reactivity while asking for Elmo to react. I think that's pretty weak argument against NabNab, and I otherwise haven't seen anything with any real meat on it.
Moreover, Jahudo was content on being more vauge than I ever was on the subject (but I do like his town list :)).
Jahudo 871 wrote:* Little interest in investigating Elmo and McGriddle.
I'll be the first one to admit that my case against McGriddle was largely based on two positions. His inactivity, which was hurtful to the overall game, and the way he was so casually discounted by the rest of the players in the game. Together, that seemed to be a pretty suspicious cocktail that deserved a lynch at least more than NabNab ever did. I'm not going to go back and look for every little spat I had with Elmo, but suffice to say that a majority of his interaction with the town has been littered with unnecessary content. He throws up a post counter and doesn't really do anything with it (never moves his vote during D1 if I recall correctly). He goes on this big thing about how he predicted pops to be town and how that makes him obvtown, yet when I ask why this is the case, everyone ignores me. He's never really addressed by the Masons for most of the game, despite him being a serious thorn in their side throughout the game (very early tying Jahudo to NabNab, then basically the whole thing about iamausername + Jahudo are both "equally" good lynches). This leads me to believe that Elmo was only pushing on iamausername and Jahudo to get the claim out and hopefully coast to victory. The problem with this point is that Incog virtually mimics Elmo's position here.
Jahudo 871 wrote:* Blanket condemnation of the members of the NabNab wagon, setting up for plenty of scapegoats (and a scapegoatrevolt). This looks bad because he didn't have a strong argument for finding NabNab to be a townie, and it looks like he's projecting Nab to flip town more confidently than he can back up.
I think I had a great case for finding NabNab townie. It was that Elmo, Goat, and McGriddle were all pushing the wagon without sincerity, in complete confirmation bias mode. The problem was I looked at the wrong players. iamausername and Elmo were likely the major culprits. iamausername pulled in SC and, to an extent, McGriddle (by showing there was no repercussion for being inactive and voting NabNab, since no one was interested in nailing iamausername or McGriddle at that time), Elmo pulling in Goat, Incog, and Patrick (Elmo must be town, therefore NabNab must be scum). Goat threw me off because he led me to believe there was something in NabNab that I wasn't seeing, but it turns out he was really just on the wagon because Elmo was. Anyways, I was right to voice my concerns with NabNab because there were much bettter lynches afoot.
Jahudo 871 wrote:I don't see where he was overly concerned that NabNab was the only wagon during the middle of the day. He only showed that frustration when it was too late. It looks like he was coasting and maybe setting up a mislynch or two, though I don't really think he was invested in his Elmo case.
Hm? I come on pretty early. I make it clear back in post 205 that, one, I don't like the NabNab wagon, and two, McGriddle and Elmo are not being pushed hard enough.

Before this point, most of the people voting NabNab were doing so because they wanted to hear from him (iamausername, Incog), so I had assumed this was little more than a temporary vote that would be expanded on as the day went on. When this lazily limped its way all the way through until the end of the day is when it dawned on me that no one (sans maybe Ecto) was really even considering what I had to say about Elmo, Goat, or McGriddle.

For the life of me I don't get how you can say I wasn't invested in Elmo. I have been on him every day.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:40 am

Post by McGriddle »

Alright, we have a little less than 6 days now, we need to get the ball rolling here.

If I am not mistaken peoples concerns are as follows:

Goat --> Red/Masons
McG --> Red/Masons
IAU --> Incog/Red/Goat
Elmo --> Red/Masons
Jahudo --> Red
Red --> Elmo
Ecto --> Masons
Incog --> not sure

So, the lynch today should be either Red or one of the Masons. Most people say Red, and 3 say red/masons. so 5 people say Red. I think he is the best candidate for todays lynch.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Elmo »

RedCoyote wrote:I didn't like Elmo or Goat's characterizations of NabNab as some sort of confirmed scum
RedCoyote wrote:He goes on this big thing about how he predicted pops to be town and how that makes him obvtown
Feel free to show where I said anything resembling that.
RedCoyote wrote:I'm not going to go back and look for every little spat I had with Elmo, but suffice to say that a majority of his interaction with the town has been littered with unnecessary content. He throws up a post counter and doesn't really do anything with it
Except you've been constantly bitching about me suspecting Jahudo partially based on that. What other "unnecessary" content do you refer to? Unnecessary is a really bad criticism, anything apart from votes can be framed as 'unnecessary' - you haven't at any point argued that it wasn't
helpful
, because it was.
RedCoyote wrote:He's never really addressed by the Masons for most of the game, despite him being a serious thorn in their side throughout the game {..} This leads me to believe that Elmo was only pushing on iamausername and Jahudo to get the claim out and hopefully coast to victory.
Are you serious saying that I've consistently attacked the masons all game but their preferring to go under the radar rather than face me means that I'm
more
likely to be scum with them? Or am I just completely misreading you here? Why do I want them to claim? Why do I want to pressure them instead of e.g. pushing pops through to a lynch or going after someone else, or agreeing with you about Goat, or whatever?
RedCoyote wrote:I think I had a great case for finding NabNab townie. It was that Elmo, Goat, and McGriddle were all pushing the wagon without sincerity, in complete confirmation bias mode.
How do the two mix? It's kinda gotta be one or the other. Why do you think my stance on NabNab wasn't sincere?
RedCoyote wrote:Goat threw me off because he led me to believe there was something in NabNab that I wasn't seeing, but it turns out he was really just on the wagon because Elmo was.
So now I've manipulated Goat into doing what I want.. pretty much just by voting someone? Awesome. Goat, how do you feel about that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:Goat threw me off because he led me to believe there was something in NabNab that I wasn't seeing, but it turns out he was really just on the wagon because Elmo was.
Totally untrue. I don't know how you could honestly believe this.

At any rate, I'm back now and pretty disappointed with the activity. Iam's case on Incognito doesn't really convince me at all. A lot of the points with respect to Incognito's stance on Jahudo actually suggest to me that Incognito is town and trying to genuinely hunt for scum rather than the opposite. I agree with Incognito about Jahudo's play during day 1 fitting the scum-Jahudo meta and I don't think Incognito's "Jahudo reading Command Point game in 20 minutes" thing to be bad either. I did the exact same thing with SerialClergyman early day 1 and there didn't seem to be problems with me doing that.

I want to lynch Red Coyote. I don't think this is town Red. He seems completely distant from all discussion in the game. It's hard to explain this well, but he's given basically no analysis on the mason claims, and didn't on pops claim or McGriddle's claim until pressured to do so, etc. He comes into the thread periodically and addresses things pointed at him or plops a vote on Elmo (that he really isn't pushing), but I don't sense from him any kind of indication that he cares about lynching scum today or piecing together who the last scum are or anything like that.

I'm also really put off by his stance on me post Pops claim. It strikes me as a "but I have points I can use against Goatrevolt, so I don't want him to be confirmed town because I can no longer use those points!" kind of position. That's purely a scum position. A town player is happy to have a suspect become confirmed town because it takes them closer to finding real scum. If someone becomes confirmed town and you are a townie and thought that person was scum, the only reason you might care about whether or not you have points against them is if you doubt that they are confirmed. Red, however, has never expressed doubt as to whether or not I am confirmed. He didn't shed doubt on Pops claim or try to say that he doesn't believe I'm not confirmed, but yet still expresses disappointment that he can't use his shiny points against me.

If you're scum and someone becomes confirmed town that you have points against, you're disappointed because that's one less townie you can lynch and likewise one less townie you can put your vote/arguments against in order to appear to be town or appear to be scum hunting. I feel like Red is unwilling to relinquish his points against me because those same points are his claim to townieness. His "scumhunting" in regards to me is the basis behind how he is appearing to be a townie, and he's unhappy to have that ground fall out from under him.

Vote RedCoyote
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Is Incog still not sure who to vote? Is there anything I can do to convince him that a mason should be vidged tonight?
RedCoyote wrote:I stated several times that I didn't like Elmo or Goat's characterizations of NabNab as some sort of confirmed scum, and tried very hard to get everyone to see Elmo for the manipulative stance he was taking or McGriddle for the far too passive position he was taking.
While its true that many of those vote posts didn't contain reasoning, there were case points made. I don't think you spent much effort in analyzing them. Have I missed where you addressed any of those specific case points?
RedCoyote wrote:Moreover, Jahudo was content on being more vauge than I ever was on the subject (but I do like his town list :)).
What motivation did I have for being vague? I was up-front that they were not confident suspicions, so they weren't intentionally or unintentionally throwing mud in Goat or Pat's eyes.
RedCoyote wrote:I'll be the first one to admit that my case against McGriddle was largely based on two positions. His inactivity, which was hurtful to the overall game, and the way he was so casually discounted by the rest of the players in the game.
How much did you prod McGriddle to contribute more? How much did you ask other players to assess McGriddle's contributions, in the hopes they would stop discounting them on their own?
RedCoyote wrote:I think I had a great case for finding NabNab townie. It was that Elmo, Goat, and McGriddle were all pushing the wagon without sincerity, in complete confirmation bias mode.
Yeah I thought that was the case to some extent, but I still looked at NabNab on his own and found a little bit I didn't like. I saw validity in their wagon
(also I knew one of the pushers was town :P)

It looks to me like you were seeing a mislynch well in hand and started to find subsequent mislynches off it. Otherwise you might've taken a more level approach to see the wagon from their side, even if you still rejected it in the end. I didn't see you trying to agrue for or against the NabNab case points.
RedCoyote wrote:Before this point, most of the people voting NabNab were doing so because they wanted to hear from him (iamausername, Incog), so I had assumed this was little more than a temporary vote that would be expanded on as the day went on.
Was part of the reason you didn't like the wagon that you thought it was mostly for pressure and only temporary? Did you think anyone besides iama or Incog was acting that way? Like SC or someone?
RedCoyote wrote:For the life of me I don't get how you can say I wasn't invested in Elmo. I have been on him every day.
It hard to imagine what a normal investigation of Elmo would be, so maybe yours was normal. He isn't exactly the opaque, informational type (insert cookie monster troll face here)[/i][/wiki]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

I thought I was pretty clear with who I wanted lynch. I've only been at the necks of the claimed Masons for over half the game. The only people who I've been unsure of at this point are RedCoyote and Ectomancer for the reasons I've previously listed.

RedCoyote, I thought I might've responded to your question previously but , yes, my read of Elmo is largely based on my past experience playing with him. I think an Elmo-scum just has a much more deliberate style to him while an Elmo-town is just much less deliberate. I think he's just less likely to be overly concerned about what people think about him when he's town too. Therefore, his play here reminds me more of the play I've seen from him as town rather than scum. If you need a point of reference, a quick browsing of this game might be worth a quick look through of isolations.
Post 879, RedCoyote wrote:This leads me to believe that Elmo was only pushing on iamausername and Jahudo to get the claim out and hopefully coast to victory. The problem with this point is that Incog virtually mimics Elmo's position here.
If this was the case, wouldn't Elmo have just completely dropped his suspicions of the claimed Masons? I definitely get the impression that they're either at or near the top of his scum list still.
Post 879, RedCoyote wrote:I mean, does anyone else agree with this? I stated several times that I didn't like Elmo or Goat's characterizations of NabNab as some sort of confirmed scum, and tried very hard to get everyone to see Elmo for the manipulative stance he was taking or McGriddle for the far too passive position he was taking.
Well, the way I interpreted your stance at that time was that you basically agreed with the push on NabNab especially when he role-claimed but that you were miffed by the fact that the people who had their votes on the NabNab wagon didn't seem willing to move their votes elsewhere. If NabNab flipped scum though, what would you have thought about the people who locked their votes on?
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Okay. So a mutual Redcoyote voting stage it looks like.

Vote: Redcoyote
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Incognito, if the masons are scum, who is their scum buddy?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Goat 882 wrote:Totally untrue. I don't know how you could honestly believe this.
Goat 252 wrote:Elmo is town because he was the first to jump on Nabscum when Nab decided to push McGriddle.
These reads were intrinsically tied together; we talked about this ad nauseum on the first day. You said several times that if NabNab flipped scum, then you were sure that Elmo was town. You also said to discount your Elmoread if NabNab flipped town. I discounted it, but apparently you didn't as your Elmoread hasn't changed one iota. Do us both a favor and don't sit here and deny that Elmo's vote didn't influence your NabNab vote, please. There's no sense getting into that argument again.

I'll make this short mostly for you, Goat, because I don't think there's any sense in speaking with McGriddle. McGriddle has long since checked out of this game, if he's ever been invested in it at all. I'm not scum. You know I'm not scum. Yeah, I want you to be scum, but I said that tongue-in-cheek because I know you are town given pops' flip. I've been cutesy with you lately, but it's mostly because I'm sore that you're town. I haven't entertained the possibility that you are scum since the day started.

But you really need to make a choice between the Vigilantes or the Masons, as does the other two claimed VTs in Incog and Elmo (one being real, one not, I would imagine), because we'll lose today otherwise. It's just not rational to vote a VT today. I voted Elmo earlier, but I'm glad I unvoted because it gave me a chance to think more about the pairings.

I think we can all acknowledge that the scumteam probably cannot be Masons + a Vigilante. I'll admit that if the Masons to flip scum, which I'm now betting is probably the case given Jahudo's convenient switch from calling me town to calling me scum (why wouldn't he do a 180 if he thinks he can get me lynched), then that puts me in an uncomfortable position. Let's not worry about that today though.

Vote: Jahudo

We can discuss this more if you'd wish, but you have to switch your vote. McGriddle won't do it. Otherwise what's going to happen otherwise is Jahudo is going to say, "Alright, I've made up my mind... vote: RC", and then iamausername is going to come in a finish the job.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:These reads were intrinsically tied together; we talked about this ad nauseum on the first day. You said several times that if NabNab flipped scum, then you were sure that Elmo was town. You also said to discount your Elmoread if NabNab flipped town. I discounted it, but apparently you didn't as your Elmoread hasn't changed one iota. Do us both a favor and don't sit here and deny that Elmo's vote didn't influence your NabNab vote, please. There's no sense getting into that argument again.
Apparently there is sense, since you still don't get it. My NabNab read influenced my Elmo read, not the other way around. How many times do I have to say this for you to get it? Sheesh. I really don't understand why this is so damn hard for you to understand. My read briefly changed to Neutral on Elmo after Nabakov was town, hence me asking Ectomancer to elaborate on his Elmo read. But then I went back to thinking he was town again.

After reading your post, I'm pretty sure you're scum. My vote stays.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

To explain further, I don't think you are being genuine/sincere/town-like in your posts today. Jahudo jumped on you yesterday. I don't know why you waited for now to call him scum for 180'ing on you. You also don't seem very convinced or enthusiastic in your stances. If you thought he was so likely to be scum, why did it take you so long to come to this conclusion after you had posted a rebuttal to his case on you with nothing more to it almost 24 hours ago?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

But you only voted NabNab based on Elmo's case and Elmo's vote, Goat. Do you really contend that Elmo had absolutely nothing to do with your original NabNab vote in post 148? If that's your position, then we'll leave it at a misunderstanding. Obviously you have no reason to be dishonest, but I completely misread that post. Fatally so, it would appear.
Goat 889 wrote:Jahudo jumped on you yesterday. I don't know why you waited for now to call him scum for 180'ing on you.
As fencesitting as it may seem, I can't scratch the nagging itch that Ecto is scum. He hasn't said much today, almost as if he's just biding his time. I want so badly for the Masons to be town, and I'm not ashamed to say that. We both know it doesn't look good for me if that Masons are scum. I guess I saw them as friends rather than enemies.

Whatever the case may be, there doesn't appear to be any doubt in your mind.

McGriddle, if you read this, I encourage you to look beyond the "easiest" lynch and join me in lynching a Mason. I'm fairly comfortable in your towniness, and, from your position, you can't really lose if you vote a Mason today (unless you think the scumteam is me/Elmo/Incog).
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:But you only voted NabNab based on Elmo's case and Elmo's vote, Goat. Do you really contend that Elmo had absolutely nothing to do with your original NabNab vote in post 148? If that's your position, then we'll leave it at a misunderstanding. Obviously you have no reason to be dishonest, but I completely misread that post. Fatally so, it would appear.
Elmo had absolutely nothing to do with my vote in 148? Why would you assume he did? I never said anything like "I'm voting Nab because of Elmo" or anything like that at all, nor have I ever said anything like that. In 188 I further explained how I had thought Nab was scum from the point I FOSed him (far earlier in the day, like page 3) but was waiting to see what happened. This right here proves the point I've been making all game that you misrepresent me, don't read my posts accurately, or what have you. And then when I explain what I truly mean or what the real interpretation is, you don't bother to listen to it.

RedCoyote does have a point on Ectomancer, though.

Unvote

I would like to hear more from Elmo, Ecto and friends before proceeding.

Everyone needs to say right here and right now who they want to lynch. If we're sitting at 5 townies 3 scum right now, where are the other 4 townies who actually care about lynching scum? It's really sad how dead this game has been the last few days and how uninterested people seem to be in getting the right lynch today.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I am biding my time. I have 2 scenarios here. Either Elmo/Incognito/RedCoyote make up a scum team, or Masons + 1 make up a scum team. There are a couple different ways I can approach that knot here in LYLO.
If I can make up my mind that the mason claims are scum, then the choice is easy. Lynch one of them today, try to kill the other tonight.
If I am unable to convince myself one way or another, then choosing the likeliest scum from the Trio is not a bad choice either, as if it is all 3, no problem. If it is Masons plus 1, I still have a 33% chance of hitting.

Mathematically, it would make more sense to choose from Elmo/Red/Incog, at least if the odds of the masons being scum are only 50/50. But I don't feel that its 50/50, I think it is definitely slanted more towards the mason claims coming from scum, both in that the role cop was already dead when they claimed, and that even if a role cop did exist, it would only enhance their mason claims. It also grinds my sense of balance to have not one, but two roles in game that would automatically confirm two other town roles. (Weak Doc protects 1 mason, confirms both. Role cop returns mason, mason confirms their alignment is confirmed to each other)

Now, I've already said the exact same thing, but there's some pretty numbers and thought process to go with it. It's nicely reasoned out and indicates to me that we very likely should lynch a mason today. It's also constructed on claims and setup speculation. So do I go with that assessment? Which I think is pretty good, but still...mathematically hitting the Trio still would leave a decent window of success that I can't discount. I also can't discount that Jahudo was an earlier town read while Elmo most certainly is not. In the meantime, until you withdrew your hat, I wondered how close you would get to a Red lynch without me.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'm not going to vote anyone other than RC today.
RedCoyote wrote:I haven't entertained the possibility that you are scum since the day started.
Seriously? No alignment would continue a personal squabble against confirmed town. Your "you can trust me" attitude is reeking of shadiness.
RedCoyote wrote:I'll admit that if the Masons to flip scum, which I'm now betting is probably the case given Jahudo's convenient switch from calling me town to calling me scum (why wouldn't he do a 180 if he thinks he can get me lynched), then that puts me in an uncomfortable position.
Process of elimination, though fwiw I thought you were town because Iama thought you were town.
Ectomancer wrote: It also grinds my sense of balance to have not one, but two roles in game that would automatically confirm two other town roles.
The scumteam could be powered too. There's probably 3, since we've seen no sign of a SK. There's probably a roleblocker, and who knows what else.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:09 am

Post by McGriddle »

RedCoyote wrote:
Goat 882 wrote:Totally untrue. I don't know how you could honestly believe this.
Goat 252 wrote:Elmo is town because he was the first to jump on Nabscum when Nab decided to push McGriddle.
These reads were intrinsically tied together; we talked about this ad nauseum on the first day. You said several times that if NabNab flipped scum, then you were sure that Elmo was town. You also said to discount your Elmoread if NabNab flipped town. I discounted it, but apparently you didn't as your Elmoread hasn't changed one iota. Do us both a favor and don't sit here and deny that Elmo's vote didn't influence your NabNab vote, please. There's no sense getting into that argument again.

I'll make this short mostly for you, Goat, because I don't think there's any sense in speaking with McGriddle. McGriddle has long since checked out of this game, if he's ever been invested in it at all. I'm not scum. You know I'm not scum. Yeah, I want you to be scum, but I said that tongue-in-cheek because I know you are town given pops' flip. I've been cutesy with you lately, but it's mostly because I'm sore that you're town. I haven't entertained the possibility that you are scum since the day started.

But you really need to make a choice between the Vigilantes or the Masons, as does the other two claimed VTs in Incog and Elmo (one being real, one not, I would imagine), because we'll lose today otherwise. It's just not rational to vote a VT today. I voted Elmo earlier, but I'm glad I unvoted because it gave me a chance to think more about the pairings.

I think we can all acknowledge that the scumteam probably cannot be Masons + a Vigilante. I'll admit that if the Masons to flip scum, which I'm now betting is probably the case given Jahudo's convenient switch from calling me town to calling me scum (why wouldn't he do a 180 if he thinks he can get me lynched), then that puts me in an uncomfortable position. Let's not worry about that today though.

We can discuss this more if you'd wish, but you have to switch your vote. McGriddle won't do it. Otherwise what's going to happen otherwise is Jahudo is going to say, "Alright, I've made up my mind... vote: RC", and then iamausername is going to come in a finish the job.
Don't be so quick to judge, I know my stuff. I thought completely ass backwards. The fact the everybody thinks you are scum convinces me that you are in fact town. I think goat is town and I know I am town so the fact you didn't get quicklynched tells me you are town aligned
Unvote
Now, the masons are likely scum, I am willing to bet on it, I have had my eye on Jahudo most of the game, I don't think Red, Ecto, Elmo, or Incog are scum or even slightly scummy. So I really don't know who their scum buddies are but we have the next 2 days lynches down to Jahudo and IAU. But I say it is Incog who is their buddy. Gut tells me so and the fact that he has been so weak on the Masons tail. So
and tomorrow we should vote IAU, then most likely Incog. I want to express these concerns in case I die tonight.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: RedCoyote

I'm guessing its safe to place my vote now. If I get put to L-1 soon, don't quickhammer. I want to make a final case in case there's just a 2-person mafia (one can always hope).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 886, Goatrevolt wrote:Incognito, if the masons are scum, who is their scum buddy?
I could see it being Ectomancer. The thing that's bugged me about him Today is if he really has high doubts that the scum team is me/Red/Elmo like he claimed here:
Post 873, Ectomancer wrote:
Incognito wrote:Incidentally:
Post 867, Ectomancer wrote:I haven't convinced myself that Elmo/Red/Incog are not a scum team
How likely do you think this is anyway?
It didn't pop up except as a process of elimination. I think the alternative is more likely.
...then his decision for who he wants to lynch Today
should
be relatively straight-forward; i.e. he should want to lynch one of the claimed Masons. If he's town, from his perspective this game should read as McGriddle = Town, Goat = Town, and an unlikely scum team of Red/me/Elmo being in this game which would leave two people who he would
know
have to be scum (iamausername and Jahudo) if we assume a scum team of 3 people. So, I would think his best decision would be to lynch a claimed Mason since that would seem to lead to the highest chance of hitting scum Today. And if a Mason
does
flip scum, then his decision for who to kill Tonight would be obvious. Instead he's seemed to be trying to provide reasoning for why we should lynch one of the group of me/Red/Elmo, which doesn't make sense to me since from his claimed perspective his shot at lynching scum would be stronger in a claimed Mason-lynch. Plus, as I've mentioned before, I still have some doubts about his claim anyway.

Post 894, McGriddle wrote:But I say it is Incog who is their buddy. Gut tells me so and the fact that he has been so weak on the Masons tail.
How does this make any sense at all? Have you in fact been reading the game? Look, I think you're town so if you're making claims like this, this tells me that you really haven't been following a good portion of this game, and I strongly suggest that you read through it more clearly before you begin coming to conclusions like this. Because honestly this makes no sense whatsoever.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:22 am

Post by iamausername »

McGriddle wrote:I think goat is town and I know I am town so the fact you didn't get quicklynched tells me you are town aligned
WTF logic is this? Surely it means the exact opposite? Scum aren't going to quicklynch themselves, are they?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

Incognito wrote:All through Day 1, you didn't mention a thing about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Through the first part of Day 2, again, you didn't mention anything about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Near mid-Day you both FINALLY mention something about each other, which just so happened to be solid town reads of one another. Prior to all of that, the only person who claimed to be having a solid town read of you from pretty much the beginning of the game was SC. So why would it be unreasonable for me to think along the lines I did?
The only thing you could derive from this is that we were an uninformed minority. I think you're still using that to automatically think uninformed minority = scum. You really haven't been looking at us as masons, and masons are partially about self-survival by keeping a low profile.

What about our game couldn't possibly be explained by "we're town masons"?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Jahudo »

Incognito wrote:All through Day 1, you didn't mention a thing about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Through the first part of Day 2, again, you didn't mention anything about Jahudo, and he didn't mention a thing about you. Near mid-Day you both FINALLY mention something about each other, which just so happened to be solid town reads of one another. Prior to all of that, the only person who claimed to be having a solid town read of you from pretty much the beginning of the game was SC. So why would it be unreasonable for me to think along the lines I did?
The only thing you could derive from this is that we were an uninformed minority. I think you're still using that to automatically think uninformed minority = scum. You really haven't been looking at us as masons, and masons are partially about self-survival by keeping a low profile.

What about our game couldn't possibly be explained by "we're town masons"?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”