BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8425 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8424, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:You're going to pretend that you didn't push me to an emotional breakdown now?
when did that happen? iirc you broke down because people were wagoning you or something
I broke down because of you+mastin being abusive, and then the rest of the game holding me accountable for it by wagoning me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8426 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by BROseidon »

To be clear: The main reason I broke down was because you and mastin were being abusive as fuck this game. To the point that it triggered anxiety issues that I'd had down for about 8-10 months.

Anxiety issues that I had down when I was going through the job interview process and getting ding after ding.

ie, your level of abusiveness caused me MORE STRESS than me trying to get a job for post-college life.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8427 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8423, BROseidon wrote:
In post 8421, Tammy wrote:Can we just not.

Most of us played a shit game, myself included. Just learn from it and move on. Parts of the game were toxic enough, and a good number of us contributed to that.
How about instead of saying shit like this, you hold people accountable to their actions?

Serious question.

When I said in my giant rant that "everyone who isn't standing up to mastin for her emotional manipulation is complicit in it," I was being completely serious.
It didn't make them scum. :(

I blamed myself for my vote apparently being the last straw. The argument you made did factor somewhat into my flipping my read on mastin the next game day.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8428 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Alignment is somewhat irrelevant to abusive behavior?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8429 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:All crossed the line.
oh, bullshit

i specifically pointed out why it's fucking hilarious that you were the leading cause of this game's loss; your sheer fucking arrogance in thinking your reads were amazing because you've been right in some past games was fucking hilarious. your accuracy rate is probably no better than anyone else playing this game (minus a few people, there's almost no one in this player list i can point to and say i think their reads aren't usually good) so you thinking your shit didn't stink was just... yeah

if you weren't so arrogant about it, nobody would give two shits about your bad reads being a huge contributing factor in this loss

if youre going to get upset about people calling you out for being arrogant about having bad reads, then stop being fucking arrogant about your reads. problem fucking solved.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8430 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 8423, BROseidon wrote:
In post 8421, Tammy wrote:Can we just not.

Most of us played a shit game, myself included. Just learn from it and move on. Parts of the game were toxic enough, and a good number of us contributed to that.
How about instead of saying shit like this, you hold people accountable to their actions?

Serious question.

When I said in my giant rant that "everyone who isn't standing up to mastin for her emotional manipulation is complicit in it," I was being completely serious.
I feel like I do. I mean in the game Muffin and I talked about what I thought of how he comes across and I feel like I understand him a little better. I'll never feel like insulting people is all right, but I really don't think right after the game ended, a game that was pretty frustrating for most of us, where we just lost after, most of us having shit reads, is really a productive time to start pointing fingers over who was more toxic etc. The majority of us were, we can do better and should.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8431 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8430, Tammy wrote:I feel like I do. I mean in the game Muffin and I talked about what I thought of how he comes across and I feel like I understand him a little better. I'll never feel like insulting people is all right, but I really don't think right after the game ended, a game that was pretty frustrating for most of us, where we just lost after, most of us having shit reads, is really a productive time to start pointing fingers over who was more toxic etc. The majority of us were, we can do better and should.
So then why not tell katsuki to stop it when the first thing he does post-game is come in and bm me?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8432 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8428, BROseidon wrote:Alignment is somewhat irrelevant to abusive behavior?
Somewhat. pie was pushing it as a reason mastin had to be scum, though. I don't remember if you cited it specifically as a reason mastin was scum.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #8433 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Cabd »

Move the fuck on to a less toxic topic, or I'm just locking the thread.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8434 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8429, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:All crossed the line.
oh, bullshit

i specifically pointed out why it's fucking hilarious that you were the leading cause of this game's loss; your sheer fucking arrogance in thinking your reads were amazing because you've been right in some past games was fucking hilarious. your accuracy rate is probably no better than anyone else playing this game (minus a few people, there's almost no one in this player list i can point to and say i think their reads aren't usually good) so you thinking your shit didn't stink was just... yeah

if you weren't so arrogant about it, nobody would give two shits about your bad reads being a huge contributing factor in this loss

if youre going to get upset about people calling you out for being arrogant about having bad reads, then stop being fucking arrogant about your reads. problem fucking solved.
And pointing that out accomplished what, exactly? Do you think I don't know that I fucked up? Do you think that you being an asshole to me about having a bad game is going to accomplish anything other than piss me off?

You apparently don't understand what "toxic" means.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8435 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 8431, BROseidon wrote:
In post 8430, Tammy wrote:I feel like I do. I mean in the game Muffin and I talked about what I thought of how he comes across and I feel like I understand him a little better. I'll never feel like insulting people is all right, but I really don't think right after the game ended, a game that was pretty frustrating for most of us, where we just lost after, most of us having shit reads, is really a productive time to start pointing fingers over who was more toxic etc. The majority of us were, we can do better and should.
So then why not tell katsuki to stop it when the first thing he does post-game is come in and bm me?
My initial post was not directed to you. It was directed to the argument.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8436 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8432, fferyllt wrote:
In post 8428, BROseidon wrote:Alignment is somewhat irrelevant to abusive behavior?
Somewhat. pie was pushing it as a reason mastin had to be scum, though. I don't remember if you cited it specifically as a reason mastin was scum.
It wasn't why I thought mastin was scum. I thought mastin was scum largely from bad positionality on Tammy and CF early day 1, iirc, and then her response to me calling her scum for it.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8437 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8433, Cabd wrote:Move the fuck on to a less toxic topic, or I'm just locking the thread.
Yeah, sorry.

Idic
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #8438 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 8376, pieguyn wrote:btw, normally I never think about a godfather unless I need to, but in a Cabd game I was p much assuming there'd be one
I don't get why you all didn't assume the same thing tbh. I wasn't about to game the setup - I was trying to play this like a standard game exclusively focusing on reads without regard to role results, and hopefully the results would match my reads (which would indicate they were right)
yeah it was a lolcabdgame assumption but it was right so sue me

also the RG lynch was terrible. that slot was p much obvtown and I have no idea why they got lynched. at the end of the day all it took for me to get the correct scumteam was being 100% sure about {CF, Tammy, BWS} town and 99% sure on RG town - that was the lynch that ended up losing the game. protip: when NS is scum you can just ~feel~ the hatred of the role PM through his posts. but he was consistently posting and pushing people here, nothing like any of his scumgames - I don't like relying on lolmeta but that's one read you can generally get right. Brian was also p consistently town all game.

I don't mean to take anything away from the scumteam though. they did amazing
Basically, this, too.
In post 8375, The Fox and the Hound wrote:mastin, when you call everyone scum you're bound to get everyone right eventually
Yeah, except saying I called everyone scum, while strictly technically almost-true, is a vast misrepresentation of what I did. For instance, Tammy/F-16 both never left the positive side of null, and after BROseidon's meltdown, he only crossed the line in lylo and only off of AP trolling at that and otherwise was above the line the whole time. AP (aside from a brief section on D1) never left my scum pile.

It's not a matter of calling players scum.
It's about honing in on which players actually are scum.
And when you look at the difference between my correct calls and my incorrect calls...the difference is that between night and day. My correct calls are
right on the money
dead-accurate; my incorrect calls are emotionally-charged paranoid irrationality.

When I have a beacon of sanity, my reads stay in the former and not the latter.
When I am pressured, they are progressively pushed into the latter and not the former.

(And by the way, as AP indicated, reading the dead PT ranting from me, in particular about Anakin Skywalker, is quite amusing.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8439 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

Sorry for being so paranoid of you falcon :(
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8440 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8435, Tammy wrote:
In post 8431, BROseidon wrote:
My initial post was not directed to you. It was directed to the argument.
Valid.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8441 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ftr i am like almost 100% sure i didn't post at all leading up to your breakdown and when i read it through it looked like you broke down because of a series of votes on you
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8442 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8441, zMuffinMan wrote:ftr i am like almost 100% sure i didn't post at all leading up to your breakdown and when i read it through it looked like you broke down because of a series of votes on you
Even if you didn't post in the immediate timeframe (I don't remember and am too lazy to check), do you think that you're posting prior to that point had no impact on my frame of mind?

A breakdown that big wasn't going to be caused by 3 pages of posts. It takes a while for something like that to build up. If it didn't, I'd be a pretty non-functional person.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8443 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:Do you think that you being an asshole to me about having a bad game is going to accomplish anything other than piss me off?
if it pisses you off, good. harness that feeling the next time you think about saying something about how your reads are amazing.

i'm like 90% sure if nobody gave you shit, you'd continue thinking your shit didn't stink, because i'm betting this isn't the first game it's happened but i'm hoping it's the last
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8444 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

Actually sorry for being so directionless and paranoid of everyone.

I laughed that Muffin was convinced that I was scum in the dead qt. I wasn't active lurking; I just was overwhelmed and lost and I didn't know how to navigate through the game. I can't imagine me playing the game that way as scum, not to that level.

Peregrine - Meta doesn't work that way. I have my good games and my bad games. I tried to explain to you that my mood influences how I'm seeing the game along with the mood of the game. I don't play the same way every single time. I tried to show that to you by referencing the game we just played where I similarly was lost, and showing you two games that were running concurrently in which one I played very well and the other I just didn't.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8445 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8443, zMuffinMan wrote:harness that feeling the next time you think about saying something about how your reads are amazing.
This makes 0 sense.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8446 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also I feel like I was getting on the right track when I tried to approach the game differently and looked at the wagons. Maybe I would have even gotten a scum read right! Who knows, but I like to tell myself I would have.

I feel bad for getting worried Falcon was scum going for the lynch on FoxHound yesterday, but I'm not sure they would have actually gotten lynched anyway, so :/

Sorry.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #8447 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 8446, Tammy wrote:Also I feel like I was getting on the right track when I tried to approach the game differently and looked at the wagons. Maybe I would have even gotten a scum read right! Who knows, but I like to tell myself I would have.
You probably should have tried something like this a bit sooner. Having you in the game instead of shut down would have helped a lot. Maybe try to develop a tool that you can fall back on if you come across another game like this?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #8448 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 8444, Tammy wrote:I laughed that Muffin was convinced that I was scum in the dead qt.
Muffin was trolling everyone's pants off in the dead qt...
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8449 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:do you think that you're posting prior to that point had no impact on my frame of mind?
you're fucking kidding, right?

this is the sort of stuff i was saying to you
In post 1210, Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 1207, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:HAHA

BRO

You're so fucking clueless if you think you can actually push a lynch through on us. Good luck with that, you're just going to make yourself obvscum.

Come at me, BRO.
Go fuck off and run your cock through a meat grinder.

It's cute that you think you can spew half the vitriol I can.
i mean, i was being confrontational, yeah, and i may have said a couple worse things at some point (but no more than saying your reads were bad or you were playing bad i'm pretty sure, and hey, i was right?)

but like, what posting of mine could have possibly led to your breakdown?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”