NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7925 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 7, Votecount 7
Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
Prophylaxis, Ser Arthur Dayne, goodmorning

Norlkaz (1)
-
Sakura Hana

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
Norlkaz

Not Voting (6)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ms Marangal, pieguyn, KoreanBBQ

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline is on March 8th at 3:25 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-03-08 16:22:01).

Mod Notes
-
Nero Cain head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until next week. Ms Marangal is V/LA for one week.
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7926 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

In post 7923, goodmorning wrote:^Town.
As unhelpful as Sakura may be (she's basically active lurked throughout this Day) I'm inclined to agree with you.

Let's lynch Casso.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7927 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

I have reached the state where I no longer care about this game.

VOTE: Casso
Wagon ahoy
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7928 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

L-1
Also prod dodge
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7929 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

Unvote

Don't want to prematurely end the Day, before Norlkaz and pieguyn show up.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7930 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

Casso certainly is not a bad choice. I can read them both ways.
I'm not feeling as sharp today, so I don't want to try and progress.
I'll put some time in tomorrow, but I do have work stuff.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7931 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

finally done rereading

TOWN:
4. Ms Marangal MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal)
10. pieguyn SonOfZeus
12. Norlkaz Brian Skies
14. goodmorning
15. Sakura Hana <- Sakura is the read I've invested the most time into and I'm almost positive of her-town at this point even without the ATE. everything in her ISO seems town motivated and her willingness to be lynched in place of her townreads and the way she's not claiming is smth I attribute more to town Sakura than scum Sakura. I really don't know how to explain this bc there's very few specific posts I can link to and it's more about the body of work, but here's some really obvious ones

Spoiler: Sakura Hana
In post 1254, Sakura Hana wrote:ugh i have a feeling this is going to be like Xenologue all over again...
In post 1257, Sakura Hana wrote:Because SSK was the only scumread remaining I had, which means I have no scumreads anymore, which reminds me of Xenologue where i was townreading everyone.
In post 1265, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1258, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 531, Sakura Hana wrote:Jabberwock's town, you're town, Lady's town, Sak's null leaning scum, DTM's null leaning scum, everyone else's null.
?
Hmm weird, i remember it differently o.o i even remember someone mentioning that it was ok for me to have no reads considering I had no hydra partner like the others.
this exchange doesn't make much sense from Sakura-scum especially when she forgot what actually happened in xenologue and Cabd had to go and correct her. the follow-up on it in also felt town bc it indicates she wasn't making it up
In post 2125, Sakura Hana wrote:Town: pieguyn, Maracabd, geists, Casso, goodmorning.
Null: Everyone else.
No scumreads.
In post 3008, Sakura Hana wrote:I literally dont know where else to go, I've said that already in an earlier post.
having no scumreads is a really ballsy road to take for Sakura-scum. yeah Sakura's scumgame is all about balls, but the thing with this is there's no sense of manipulation here. mb I'm biased bc this is a large game, but this indicates her first priority is to legitimately trying to sort people as opposed to manipulating the gamestate and is in line with the way I'd expect her to sort people as town (she's sorting all the people she knows first and scum Sakura has a history of faking paranoia on me instead of immediately townreading me)
In post 3063, Sakura Hana wrote:On further re-read, geists still hasn't done what i'd expect them to be doing by now, Also i'm retracting my townread on Casso and flipping it over. Nacho doesnt give easy townreads like that and it's bothering me like hell all.

Current reads:
Town: Maracabd, goodmorning, Bert, DOMO.
Leaning Town: Korean BBQ.
Leaning Scum: geists
Scumreads: Casso, SC.

Everyone else is null.
Sakura's read on Nacho D1 flip flopped several times which again doesn't make much sense from Sakura-scum. the way she kept flipping it was also genuine. the first town->scum flip was bc Nacho doesn't give out easy townreads which is smth I can agree with and smth I'd expect her to notice. the second scum->town flip was bc she couldn't disprove Mara's theory about Nacho and Thor discussing reads in their QT which, although it seems way too easy and I disagree, doesn't feel like smth scum Sakura would do

there was also the whole "ffery trajectory analysis" deal which was discussed earlier. plus she was pushing both ffery and Nacho at the same time which almost seems too insane as scum even for Sakura (yeah she was pushing them. it's not as strong as I'd expect from her but I attribute that to her RL as opposed to her being scum)

I can try to explain more if enough people bother me

13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) <- BBQ is town mostly bc of GIF. also, he was the one who suggested SSK flashlynch D1. this is heavily meta-based and so I don't wanna outright clear him just bc of this. also, the complete lack of interactions with zmuffin is worrying me a lot and is the exact same shit as what happened in IN. so if smth doesn't add up within my scumreads, swap in BBQ

^ these are all the townreads I feel comfortable banking. leaving

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
7. Prophylaxis Bert roflcopter
16. Ser Arthur Dayne pitoli

Proph might be town. he's put in a good amount of effort and I still wanna say Bert is town. the way he was playing here seems way different from his scumgames, he was way more involved, and he felt really transparent and sincere which indicates town-Bert. I'm p sure there were also some instances of Generic buddying Bert. the only thing giving me reservations is Titus's meta read on Proph. it's not definitive but it's enough to make me move elsewhere for now

leaving Casso and SAD. there are a bunch of reasons to townread both of them. however, at this point I have solid body of work reads on everyone else whereas with these two it's only specific instances of town. I've revisited the SAD-zmuffin interactions and I don't see any reason they can't be distancing. afaik the main point was but I'm p sure this works even if SAD and zmuffin were distancing.

Casso was one of the factors in SSK lynch and he also pushed zmuffin really hard, but I'm p sure it makes sense to bus in both scenarios. SSK would almost certainly end up dead eventually and it also makes sense he'd try to lynch SSK and plan a fakeclaim to cause confusion at deadline. zmuffin and Nacho have been scum twice in the past and both times they defended each other, and it may be worth it to bus just bc people wouldn't be expecting it and it might set off a red flag for all the people who have seen them as scum before

as for scumteams, I'm p sure SAD + Casso makes sense even with Casso's push on SAD bc it could be an extra boost towards endgame. SAD + Proph also makes sense. I was really confused bc I couldn't figure out any valid scumteams, but I think I'm WIFOM'ing myself to shit and overthinking it. at this point SAD is at the bottom of my POE list and I'm having a lot of trouble seeing a scenario where he isn't scum, so I wanna lynch him today

vote: SAD

I still wanna go back and look at the dymanic on D5 but this is where I'm at atm
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7932 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

here's a bunch of posts where Generic sucks up to Bert
In post 2412, Generic wrote:Ok. Looks like the majority of what I missed recently is the bert show.

Good to see you are town bert, you are tossing stuff everywhere and have minimal focus.

I don't understand your point against me though so I hope you aren't expecting a response. But when you are ready to wingate this with me we can bring down scum mara again.
In post 2626, Generic wrote:
In post 2623, Bert wrote:Pie's responses to Gen feel off
In what way bert?

I ask cos so e of my push was complete bollocks due to a misrep of the information. I happen to agree something is off though so interested to hear your thoughts.

Also concur on the SAD comment.
In post 5042, Generic wrote:
In post 5040, Bert wrote:I liked your #5027 and am satisfied with it.
Right well in that case, I want a town pal that isn't DOMO. No offence to him but his tonfoil hat is bigger than mine and its getting tiring trying to read his posts.

But I cant wingate this one up with you bert cos I don't trust you. Your actions have been off, they just haven't been off like desperado and nacho... but you are still in the ballpark with them there.

That's the main thing im hating about this game. Only person ive been able to see familiar ground from is mara and she has pissed off and left me alone in this. there are you bert, nacho, desperado, tammy, mara and to a lesser extent hana that I have a feel for in terms of approaches/mindsets/attitude towards games. Tammy isn't here, nacho, you and desp are acting weird and im left having to figure out players like pie and DOMO on my own.

But on the bright side bert I haven't randomly claimed my role, so im improving :D
In post 5049, Generic wrote:
In post 5043, Bert wrote:
In post 5042, Generic wrote:But I cant wingate this one up with you bert cos I don't trust you.
You didn't trust me in Wingate either until the bitter end. Same with Purple. Where was this undivided passion to work with other players when I played with you in Purple or Wingate?

its always there, I just also have ridiculous mistrust of everybody. Short of being cleared it takes a lot for me to trust someone. In we the purple nacho had to be an unkillable PR creator and I STILL wasn't trusting him fully

Mara I would trust in this because she has 'colo' telled for me. play another 6 or 7 games with me and I will be able to do the same for you. Right now though you merely suck. but the game is young and we are both still alive so lets see where we get this time.

I trusted you just before dying,,, so maybe that's why bert... you are a death wish ;)
In post 5267, Generic wrote:My vote will move if bert (or GM now) can sell me casso as scum over desperado.

Bert ignored this request to my knowledge. But desperado appears to be on shutdown. Last game I accused him of being scum I think we argued for two pages. Here? He seems to have given up.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7933 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

oh not to mention Proph was the one who derailed the Titus/SAD wagons onto zmuffin

I'm fine with Casso too. SAD and Casso are at the bottom of my POE list
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7934 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also I could potentially see Casso + BBQ if SAD ends up being wrong

I keep having this feeling where I stop believing SAD would actually flip scum. but the last 4 times I've had this the person actually flipped scum so
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7935 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7931, pieguyn wrote:yeah Sakura's scumgame is all about balls
Maybe it's all about melons, nevertheless this made me laugh.

So your theory is that Casso has bussed his whole team?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7936 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

atm yeah although that's not explicitly why I'm scumreading him. I keep wanting to call Casso town bc of SSK and zmuffin but I could see Casso powerbussing the shit out of his team and so I don't wanna write him off as town just for that

also I'm positive Generic was supposed to go to endgame and given he got caught by the JK there's no way Casso could have planned around that. it's possible he planned to bus only SSK and zmuffin and then got screwed over by the JK
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7937 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Not buying it, Casso has played in a pro-town way tbh, and I think you're probably getting intimidated by Thor's posts and sarcasm. Even if Generic's JK was unplanned i don't think Casso would continue to bus the whole team specially with how heavily suspected he is already it's pretty suicide.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7938 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I keep having this feeling where I stop believing SAD would actually flip scum. but the last 4 times I've had this the person actually flipped scum so
I am very thankful for your posts pieguy.
You have reassured me of you town and sakura town and sad | casso | bbq containg the remaining scum.
Also I felt just the slightest bit lonely.
Yay!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7939 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Unfortunately, I don't see a reason to why pie is town in that wall post.

Nacho
: I think we need to talk, think you'll be around tomorrow afternoon? give me a time, and I'll be on
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7940 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Norlkaz »

I quoted one of the primary reasons. If Pie's scum he captured 'townie doubts' nicely and on the spur of the moment.
He's also lined up nicely with my thoughts; I'd be surprised if neither Casso nor SAD is scum and those are his targets.
He's also simply putting in the work; reiteration of a prior (and pretty decent) reason for Proph-town (Generic's posts) shows a solving attitude instead of content production.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7941 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Norlkaz »

We don't have an enormous amount of time left; now would be the time for people to make "WE SHOULD CHOOSE SAD OVER CASSO (or the reverse) BECAUSE X Y AND Z" posts.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #7942 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

and I would do that, but I'm having serious doubts over my reads atm and a little chat with nacho should get it fixed.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7943 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

I will have another significant time chunk in about 13-14 hours, which would give us 24 hours for a lynch.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7944 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm

In post 7916, Norlkaz wrote:Also Casso I don't think interpreting the same information in different ways over time is a scumtell.
I don't think this tends to happen when people approach the same information at the same angle, and I don't think that SAD has shown any signs of approaching things from a different angle: revelations went from "lol, scum trying to post a lot because he's the last scum" to "lots of posting means really town" without a whole lot of in between.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7945 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Vote: SAD
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7946 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well that is L-1
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7947 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

it's Norl, me, and Casso. that should be L-2
In post 7937, Sakura Hana wrote:Not buying it, Casso has played in a pro-town way tbh, and I think you're probably getting intimidated by Thor's posts and sarcasm. Even if Generic's JK was unplanned i don't think Casso would continue to bus the whole team specially with how heavily suspected he is already it's pretty suicide.
the problem I'm having is there's no one else left. I have townreads of varying degrees on everyone else leaving SAD and Casso. if Casso is town it's SAD/Proph and I keep thinking Proph is town

also why are you voting Norl
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7948 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

In post 7938, Norlkaz wrote:
I am very thankful for your posts pieguy.
You have reassured me of you town and sakura town and sad | casso | bbq containg the remaining scum.
Also I felt just the slightest bit lonely.
Yay!
Except for Casso, why do I feel bad lynching either of these people?

I mean, I do acknowledge that it's probably the place we're at, but there's that slight bit of trepidation I'm getting.
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

I'll be here up until deadline, most likely.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”