NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 54
Casso the King of Seals (5)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn, Generic, Bert

MC Maraca (3)
-
Tammy, BROseidon, Desperado

Stuffed Crust (3)
-
Sakura Hana, DOMO, Cephrir

zMuffinMan (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, KoreanBBQ

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)
-
MC Maraca

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (5)
-
MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, geists, Casso the King of Seals, Norlkaz

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 26th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-26 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. Tammy is V/LA until the 23rd.

NOTE: Deadline pushed another 48 hours due to yet another stretch of site downtime (sigh) and Christmas. I'll be lax with prods and such until then due to the holidays and will be V/LA myself until the 26th.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Generic »

In post 2623, Bert wrote:Pie's responses to Gen feel off
In what way bert?

I ask cos so e of my push was complete bollocks due to a misrep of the information. I happen to agree something is off though so interested to hear your thoughts.

Also concur on the SAD comment.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:31 am

Post by geists »

In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:This is really really really really pathetic guys. I know that more conversation is usually considered pro-town but at some point it becomes anti-town. There's likely scum cluttering things up. (geists?) Lynching from SC/Muffin seems like the safest bet regardless of alignment.

I'm also a lil' worried about Pie 'cause he seems like he's on every major wagon.
GiF, is this consensus?
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Vote: MC Maraca

Quite happy to lynch this hydra today.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Will be reading the 30 something pages I missed tonight. Will still try to get ISOs done before the holidays.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2628, Stuffed Crust wrote:
Vote: MC Maraca

Quite happy to lynch this hydra today.
Why'd you choose now to hop on?
In post 2626, Generic wrote:In what way bert?
it feels like pie is sort of wilting under the pressure you put on him/her, not really the reaction I look for from him/her as town
In post 2596, Generic wrote:But she hasn't here, she has recognised I'm doing what I usually do and maintained the read. She hasn't attempts to latch on to me or suck up to me, she merely town read me and moved on with her reads. Town mara in my eyes.
For those that are scumreading Mara/Cabd (including myself), this kinda makes me want to lay off Cabd/Mara if you all think Gen is town. He nailed Mara in VisCon, and yeah as Gen said earlier in this game, he mentored Mara before and reads her like a book, or at least that's what he professes.
In post 2619, DOMO wrote:I've got so much to catch up on. I dunno if I'm gonna really have any time until after christmas, this site malarky has really made it tough to keep involved. I feel like I'm voting blind. Can some tl;dr a case on casso?
That's nacho and thor, right? I'm not so sure I want to be killing off two strong players so early unless the case is compelling. This would be a dream mislynch for scum if they're town.
Intuitively, this DOMO post pings. Meanwhile, I'm going to work on figuring out how to explain why it pings.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Unvote
Vote: Casso
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by geists »

Updated reads. Not seriatim.

Town

1. Tammy - Still strongest town read.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - The rising scumread consensus makes me wonder if I'm wrong here, but I'm sticking with my read
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Realizing that in our prior games I always knew his alignment led to an epiphany
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - Ffery's GiF read is town. Nero's pissing her off.
18. DOMO - for ffery this read weakened a little. Listening to Mara for now.
6. Generic - looks a lot more town over time, especially the way he handled the recent misunderstanding with pieguyn
Bert
roflcopter
- looking pretty town as of replace-in

Maybe Town

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - This is another read where the consensus makes me wonder if I've backed off for bad reasons. But, sticking with my read. I haven't been that impressed with consensuses (consensii?) lately.
7. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- My reactions to posts have been some good, some not so good. Keeping him in this group.
11. BROseidon - Less coasting, but I'm a little concerned about the lack of parallel thought that we usually have when we're both town.
14. goodmorning - Less comfortable here as the game progresses due to lack of content. This despite the Cabd black box meta read.
19. Cephrir - both of us are seeing a lot more scumrir flickers than cephtown flickers as the day has progressed. We're keeping him in maybe town because ffery feels his last posts before v/la were more likely town-Ceph than scum-Ceph
17. zMuffinMan
talah
- This doesn't look like his town game so far. Also doesn't look at all like his replace-in scum game. His interaction with casso was enough of a townfeel to move him from null.

Not so Town

9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - GiF said not town.
15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn due to the way their back and forth ended without a sense of resolution. It's hard to fault anyone for lack of participation over the last several days, but I'm not that comfortable with Sakura atm.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- He's not doing some stuff that I am used to seeing him do when he's town, particularly cross-checking his reads with other players and frequently asking people what they think about other players' posts. The Sakura interactions didn't feel quite right somehow.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. I feel his more recent posts are coming off more engaged and hence more town.

Null or Not enough data

12. Norlkaz
Brian Skies
- Moved to not enough data since replace-in.

These are my reads, though Nati has had a squint at them and agrees directionally.

VOTE: Stuffed Crust
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Tbf the collection of people on this wagon give me the chills.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Also fwiw I have a gut-scumread on Desperado just like to throw that out.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Sakura and Ceph too but I think I already mentioned those.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:35 pm

In post 2632, geists wrote:Not so Town
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - GiF said not town.
15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn due to the way their back and forth ended without a sense of resolution. It's hard to fault anyone for lack of participation over the last several days, but I'm not that comfortable with Sakura atm.
10. pieguyn SonOfZeus - He's not doing some stuff that I am used to seeing him do when he's town, particularly cross-checking his reads with other players and frequently asking people what they think about other players' posts. The Sakura interactions didn't feel quite right somehow.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. I feel his more recent posts are coming off more engaged and hence more town.
I agree with all this except the SC read :|
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

WILL YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT MY POSTS SINCE YOU CAN READ ME, FFERYLLT??????????????????

BECAUSE PUTTING YOUR EGGS IN GIF'S BASKET
WILL NOT WORK
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

bert wrote: Why'd you choose now to hop on?
Because we want too. Why you gotta play that song so loud?

srs though my vote was doing nothing on desperado, and I have a scumread on Maraca. SIMPLES.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2637, Stuffed Crust wrote:WILL YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT MY POSTS SINCE YOU CAN READ ME, FFERYLLT??????????????????

WILL NOT WORK
Mac? Was it you who put the vote down on MC Maraca?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2635, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Sakura and Ceph too but I think I already mentioned those.
In post 2634, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also fwiw I have a gut-scumread on Desperado just like to throw that out.
Thank you, because my memory sucks in remembering what people's reads are in this game.
In post 2632, geists wrote: 9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - GiF said not town.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- He's not doing some stuff that I am used to seeing him do when he's town, particularly cross-checking his reads with other players and frequently asking people what they think about other players' posts. The Sakura interactions didn't feel quite right somehow.
Just wanted to say that I agree with what you're saying about pie especially. Something's off. The interactions, like you said, don't feel like the same pie I skimmed through in my last game with you two and him/her in Ace Attorney.

And huge intentional meta changes always confuse the heck out of me and arouse all sorts of paranoia (see: Muffin who you guys mentioned earlier in this day phase).
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 2639, geists wrote:
In post 2637, Stuffed Crust wrote:WILL YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT MY POSTS SINCE YOU CAN READ ME, FFERYLLT??????????????????

WILL NOT WORK
Sure was. Wanna dance?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by geists »

gah. I meant to put desp in maybe town.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Bert »

Oh, and Ffery a huge intentional meta change is like Slimer in our last game. Just thought of that.
In post 2638, Stuffed Crust wrote:Because we want too. Why you gotta play that song so loud?

srs though my vote was doing nothing on desperado, and I have a scumread on Maraca. SIMPLES.
OK. If you think there are enough troops to get together and bring down Desperado, I'll support it because I can't read him well.

Nacho is a gut-scumread of mine though, and happens to be someone I'm familiar with in this game, unlike a few of you. So I feel pretty good with my vote there ATM.

P-edit: wow Ffery!!! you are so precise usually with posts...that's a big whopper there to make... :o
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2641, Stuffed Crust wrote:

WILL NOT WORK
Sure was. Wanna dance?
I thought it was Varsoon.

Unvote

Will be afk in a few.

Are you townreading Casso?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2643, Bert wrote:Oh, and Ffery a huge intentional meta change is like Slimer in our last game. Just thought of that.
In post 2638, Stuffed Crust wrote:Because we want too. Why you gotta play that song so loud?

OK. If you think there are enough troops to get together and bring down Desperado, I'll support it because I can't read him well.

Nacho is a gut-scumread of mine though, and happens to be someone I'm familiar with in this game, unlike a few of you. So I feel pretty good with my vote there ATM.

P-edit: wow Ffery!!! you are so precise usually with posts...that's a big whopper there to make... :o
No I'm not all that precise. I make mistakes like that in long lists all the time when I'm not on a decent-sized monitor. I did the same thing in my first reads list with generic.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 2643, Bert wrote:Oh, and Ffery a huge intentional meta change is like Slimer in our last game. Just thought of that.

why does you not being able to read desperado mean we can wagon him?
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 2644, geists wrote:
In post 2641, Stuffed Crust wrote:

WILL NOT WORK
Sure was. Wanna dance?
I thought it was Varsoon.

Unvote

Will be afk in a few.

Are you townreading Casso?

I'm not swung either way by Casso right now.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by geists »

I was wondering if dislike of the Casso wagon played into your maraca vote.

The strong appetite for both of those wagons worries me.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2627, geists wrote:
In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:This is really really really really pathetic guys. I know that more conversation is usually considered pro-town but at some point it becomes anti-town. There's likely scum cluttering things up. (geists?) Lynching from SC/Muffin seems like the safest bet regardless of alignment.

I'm also a lil' worried about Pie 'cause he seems like he's on every major wagon.
GiF, is this consensus?
Since when me and Nero reached consensus?

Although I'm kinda interested in his 2581 (Well at least the bottom part of it)

Also I think now it is time to troll.

Do I have a scumread on SC? Yes.
Is it strong? Nope. The majority of scumread actually comes from Mac's post (Like the initial reaction that I pointed out and stuff). As far as Varsoon goes, I see both aspects and have mixed feelings right now.

I bluffed the read to see which person jumped and to see Varsoon yelling his brain out. But sadly, I got neither. I do think f16 is town with the way he showed his interest, but I already had him as town :(

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”