Newbie 1725: Innocents, Inc. [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by BlankFace »

*18 hours and 55 minutes when I made the post. Added two minutes to count for adding anything else to it.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Creature »

BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by BlankFace »

So like.... all the crows?

1.) If he is inactive, not lurking, what does this "pressure" do?
2.) If he is inactive, why focus on the person who isn't in the game instead of those who are?
3.) Inactivity, not lurking, is NAI.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 18, Creature wrote:Thor isn't my obsession, inactive ICs are my obsession.
In post 23, Creature wrote:
In post 19, BlankFace wrote:Literally hasn't even been a day yet, how are you classifying this as inactive? What makes Thor worse than the SEs who haven't posted yet?
Did you ever play with an inactive IC? And was that IC town-aligned?
In post 12, Creature wrote:
In post 7, Creature wrote:I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC
And yet he's inactive.
If you're wondering, I wasn't scum reading Thor here, rather commenting on inactive ICs.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 77, BlankFace wrote:1.) If he is inactive, not lurking, what does this "pressure" do?
I saw him posting elsewhere.
2.) If he is inactive, why focus on the person who isn't in the game instead of those who are?
If you notice, my focus isn't 100% on him.
3.) Inactivity, not lurking, is NAI.
I saw him posting elsewhere. I don't know why he'd just pass away from this thread specially with many things to comment on.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 73, Harkonnen97 wrote:So, do you really disagree with my reasoning for the Thor vote?

Yes.

Thor may be scum, but you got there by connecting him to Creature's "distancing." That seems a pretty low barrier to vote someone, especially when they haven't even posted yet.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

VOTECOUNT 1.1
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. astroplants
2. MissTerry
3. lucca261
4. Harkonnen97 MissTerry, Loopdan
5. Loopdan Draynth
6. Creature lucca261, BlankFace
7. BlankFace
8. Draynth
9. Thor665 Harkonnen97, Creature

Not voting: astroplants, Thor665

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-07-23 01:09:00)

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or have any other questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
Last edited by innocentvillager on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Flavor is finally up so you kinda know what's going on now, for those of you who care :P

Note that any pronouns I might use during flavor throughout this game are never accidental slips of being person-indicative. I am very deliberate with those :P I'll try to use he/him/it/they/them, but these are completely neutral pronouns that could refer to anyone. And of course, there is nothing in the flavor that is game-indicative, this is merely for fun :)
In post 4, innocentvillager wrote:
You stare out the window, reminiscing on your once young, idealistic self. You remember the pure desire you once had to change the broken justice system; the desire to at least give everyone a fair chance. So you studied up, got good grades in college, went to law school, and graduated in the upper echelon of your class.

Through excruciatingly hard work, many parties missed, countless exams crammed, you were living every law student's dream: you got offers from law firms everywhere, some even quite prestigious. But you set your sights on one of the least flattering of them: Innocents, Inc. You knew you wanted to help disadvantaged people who couldn't afford competent lawyers, which aligned exactly with Innocents, Inc.'s mission statement.

But was it really the right choice? You begin to wonder. Sure, you're living out your idealistic dream of helping people, but that's as far as the benefits go. Your hours are extremely tedious due to the long list of clients, you don't spend much time with your family, the pay is still far below what an average lawyer makes even though you've gotten on the 10-person board due to your dedication, and maybe worst of all, your not-so-bright law school friends are living it up at prestigious firms. You came with a lot of enthusiasm, but over time that enthusiasm has been waning.

"Hello, you awake? The fuck... anyway what do you think about this case?"

Innocentvillager and the rest of the board are looking squarely at you, as it's clear you've spaced out. He was always kind of a stingy guy, but you knew that if any C.E.O was true to their mission statement, it was definitely innocentvillager. Hell, it's even in his name!

You mutter a quick apology, and get back to the meeting. You're looking at one Mr. Smith's case, who's been convicted of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

Before you're about 10 minutes into the discussion, you hear a couple of coughs and groans. Who was it coming from? You see in horror that it was none other than innocentvillager, coughing blood and convulsing on the floor. Someone else tries to help him, but it's too late. The scent of almond surrounds his now lifeless face.

"Seal off the building, now!" someone yells.
"Yo, don't a let a single bitch out of this place!"
"Hey someone call fucking 911. What the fuck man..."

So the police get here and it's pretty obvious what happened: someone put cyanide in the cup that innocentvillager was drinking out. No security cameras are allowed in the meeting room, so no one knew who it could've been. Who the hell could've done this, you think?

There's an answer creeping up inside you that you don't want to believe. It's just convenience, right? But a couple of days later, the police confirm your suspicions. No one could've possibly messed with the cups outside of the people with access to the board room, since security cameras are watching the rest of the place 24/7.

With this in mind, you know exactly who did it: one of the eight other board members.

Two, to be exact. Because later that day, you all notice a slip of paper with the following note scrawled on it:

"The two of us will fuck you all up too if you don't wake the fuck up."

Panic surrounds the room. You're all scared as shit, and you know the police won't be fast enough to arrest the suspects now. With no tangible evidence, this could take weeks to process. This had to be handled, here, and now.

You all hold a meeting to try and have a civil discussion about this. But what you learned in law school could never, possibly have prepared any of you for this.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Searching for an astroplants replacement, who never picked up his PM role confirmation. If he posts in this thread before I find a replacement, I will stop looking for a replacement.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Loopdan »

UNVOTE: Hark as we seem to be out of RVS.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Creature »

Never saw a flavor killing activity.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Loopban

Would like this.

First he comes with and then he says it was made to help me pressure Hark, but I don't see any pressure in saying "yeah this post is scummy", unless he wanted to do a reaction test, but that would look poorly made. Later on he unvotes Hark to exit his RVS vote (why did it take so long though?), but he said he wanted to help me pressure Hark, so I don't see why he would unvote.
Sigh
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 am

PenguinPower replaces astroplants, welcome him!
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Welcome Penguin

I'm not posting because I'm waiting for the inactives to join us.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Creature »

Thor, I am seeing you posting elsewhere.
Sigh
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 86, Creature wrote:VOTE: Loopban

Would like this.

First he comes with and then he says it was made to help me pressure Hark, but I don't see any pressure in saying "yeah this post is scummy", unless he wanted to do a reaction test, but that would look poorly made. Later on he unvotes Hark to exit his RVS vote (why did it take so long though?), but he said he wanted to help me pressure Hark, so I don't see why he would unvote.
Maybe because it no longer made sense to pretend I thought Hark was scummy.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Creature, did you know that Thor was deliberately being inactive when you made your first post about him being inactive?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Creature »

Yes, but it was mostly paranoia of having another inactive IC rather than suspicion.
Sigh
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I opened Thor's profile and he really is being active in another game. Even if I'm wrong about him being scumpartners with Creature, Thor is scummy as fuck right now.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Draynth »

Before this relatively short catchup,

@MissTerry
Can you try to get an avatar? It would greatly help us all to easily identify which posts are yours. Thanks!
In post 7, Creature wrote:I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC and vote this ScumFace.
This post seems weird, I'm not sure what about it I find weird though. I guess it just seems unnecessary.
In post 12, Creature wrote:
In post 7, Creature wrote:I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC
And yet he's inactive.
Again, obsessing over inactive IC's. Unless I'm mistaken, you haven't said what your exact issue with inactive IC's are (If you have posted this, just link me the post.)
In post 22, Loopdan wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Thor isn't my obsession, inactive ICs are my obsession.
Are you me?

And...
VOTE: Hark
Because....
In post 33, lucca261 wrote:
In post 15, Harkonnen97 wrote:Why Creature? Because he followed my vote on Blank, or for a different reason?
Because of this: "I would vote the IC, but I am afraid that'll make him be inactive, so I'll refrain from voting the IC and vote this ScumFace.". No need for such a deep explanation for the second post of the game. If he wants to vote Thor, he needs to just vote him. It's a RVS.

Also, #24 is very strange for this part of the game, but, anyway...
I like this post, it feels townie for now
In post 44, Creature wrote:VOTE: Harkonnen97

Serious vote.
Because....
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:47 am

Post by MissTerry »

Greetings Penguin, join our game of accusations and manipulations. Is this your first time playing mafia, here or otherwise?

My vote for Hark still stands, it is no longer random.
I don't think Thor would remain inactive in this game on purpose for this long with all the votes and pressure mounting against him if he was scum. He must not see the game or maybe doesn't like his role and is purposely ignoring it.
MissTerry
MissTerry
Goon
MissTerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 am

Post by MissTerry »

@Dryanth
Was searching for a good one, will do so ASAP.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Creature »

If someone isn't doing anything they're not playing to their win con.

By not playing to their win con they're playing to lose.

By playing to lose they're being essentially a third party.

By being a third party they're being an anti-town role.

By being an anti-town role we should bother lynching them.

tl,dr; not doing anything is anti-town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Creature »

Also, Thor should have something to add on, so he can't come with the excuse of "I didn't have anything to comment on"
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Creature »

Not fan of Draynth's appearance, it looks like he hasn't paid attention to my reasonings and that makes his post look nitpicky.
Sigh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”