Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Kitoari »

UNVOTE

Now with 99% less broken tags.
Bunnylover wrote:
Unvote, vote Night

Get rid of the night, Cops know who to target during the day to avoid mislynch, Vig's know who the town want dead, several possible roles in this game seems better if used during the day instead of night.
I think actions would be resolved IN style, which is kinda a mixed bag. Maybe ask the mod how he'd do it.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:49 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Would it be a Deep south kind of thing, or would actions resolve immediately?

Deep South kind of thing.
Last edited by MafiaSSK on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:16 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

Yeah, Helghast is probably scum. Textbook call to action play.

But,
unvote, vote: Night
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Feysal »

Rain wrote:
Vote: Feysal

For posting without a random vote. CLEARLY trying to avoid this stage of the game.
That is true, I don't believe in random votes serving a real purpose in scumhunting.

However, since you asked so kindly, I rolled my patently untrustworthy d20 and it stopped on 18. Thus:

Vote: Helghast

Are we seriously considering voting away the night phase? Hmm... I can see it having advantages for town, but it would have some disadvantages as well. Such as screwing up the natural order of resolving actions.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Alright I asked the mod about what will happen if we got rid of night, and we would just use any actions during the Twilight phase.
Unvote
I would get rid of night if the powers were during the day, but since they aren't =/
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by IH »

Feysal is scum.
Faysal wrote: Are we seriously considering voting away the night phase? Hmm... I can see it having advantages for town, but it would have some disadvantages as well. Such as screwing up the natural order of resolving actions.
This type of statement right here just screams as scum, and I'm pretty sure as scum in older games I've made very similar statements, but he's really riding the fence.

unvote, vote:Feysal
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Kitoari »

IH wrote:Feysal is scum.
Faysal wrote: Are we seriously considering voting away the night phase? Hmm... I can see it having advantages for town, but it would have some disadvantages as well. Such as screwing up the natural order of resolving actions.
This type of statement right here just screams as scum, and I'm pretty sure as scum in older games I've made very similar statements, but he's really riding the fence.

unvote, vote:Feysal
Feysal is a moron for absolutely making sure that his vote cannot be analyzed at all.

And scum don't like to be analyzed.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

I am down with this wagon
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Vote Chesskid3

He is bandwagoning, not even trying to hide it.
Also I usually find the third person on a wagon to be more suspicious then the others on the wagon (don't know why).
The two other people at least had reason to vote the person.
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Lol 3rd vote on a wagon omg scumz?
Seriously there are 20 people alive current, which makes 11 to lynch. Something about Feysal being at L-8 bothering you?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

vote chesskid

This is the scum wagon.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Feysal »

Kitoari #81 wrote:Feysal is a moron for absolutely making sure that his vote cannot be analyzed at all.
Random votes are by definition random. How do you expect to analyze something that is random?

So, I was voted for not posting a random vote, and when I did, I got more votes. Make up your minds, will you?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

unvote, vote: Feysal
. Lynching night would be helpful, but lynching someone who prefers to keep night the way it is is even better.
~Toon fighter~
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Tasky »

UNVOTE: VOTE: chesskid

more than one wagon is always good.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Bunnylover »

chesskid3 wrote:Lol 3rd vote on a wagon omg scumz?
Seriously there are 20 people alive current, which makes 11 to lynch. Something about Feysal being at L-8 bothering you?
See how he ignores the part about the bandwagoning. Thats the reason I am voting for you.
The 3rd part is just my personal reason.
Show
I have played 25 games:

FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:17 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Weapons wrote: Yeah, Helghast is probably scum. Textbook call to action play.

But, unvote, vote: Night
I don't really like this at all. Weapons feels like he has a decent target to scum hunt and pressure, but he actively chooses not to. In lynching night, we lose a lynch and give scum a free night kill. Then we don't really have much of any advantage to us. Deciding against attacking a scummy looking player and instead trying to "break the game" seems much more motivated by scum mindsets than town. This is comparable to saying "Helghast is probably scum. Vote no lynch."

I also find how chess just jumped on a wagon for no apparent reason scummy. This prolonged RVS hasn't helped town at all, and voting without a case, or just completely piggybacking doesn't get us anywhere except putting suspicion on you.

The problem isn't that you put someone to L-8, the problem is that you haven't actually contributed anything to this game.
Tasky wrote: more than one wagon is always good.
You nervous that the one on Feysal is going to go somewhere?

Unvote, vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction
for ignoring a scum suspect to do something pointless.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Tasky »

FrozenMirror wrote:
Tasky wrote: more than one wagon is always good.
You nervous that the one on Feysal is going to go somewhere?
I do not care about what happens to that wagon at long as it doesn't go to a lynch this early.
I only think bandwagoning creates information, and two competing wagons usually do this even more, because you don't have only the options {get on bandwagon, not get on bandwagon} but you have {get on bandwagon one, get on bandwagon two, get on no bandwagon} and therefore there is more to analyze later.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Kitoari »

Feysal wrote:
Kitoari #81 wrote:Feysal is a moron for absolutely making sure that his vote cannot be analyzed at all.
Random votes are by definition random. How do you expect to analyze something that is random?

So, I was voted for not posting a random vote, and when I did, I got more votes. Make up your minds, will you?
"Random" votes can be analyzed occasionally, but saying you used a die assures everyone that your vote is 100% meaningless.

That being said, chesskid is a good alternative lynch. I'd consider it if suddenly feysal became WORST LYNCH EVER for some reason.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Kitoari wrote:
Feysal wrote:

"Random" votes can be analyzed occasionally, but saying you used a die assures everyone that your vote is 100% meaningless.

That being said, chesskid is a good alternative lynch. I'd consider it if suddenly feysal became WORST LYNCH EVER for some reason.
lol k bro. Apples are red. that being said, there are nukes in Iraq ZOMGWTFHAXOR
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:44 am

Post by IH »

Well, I'm sticking with the feysal wagon, because this is to convenient of a distraction.

Some things to think about later.

If Feysal is scum, I'm going to probably go after Bunny next
bunny wrote:Vote Chesskid3
He is bandwagoning, not even trying to hide it.
Also I usually find the third person on a wagon to be more suspicious then the others on the wagon (don't know why).
The two other people at least had reason to vote the person.
See, to easy of a distraction.

If Chess does turn out to be scum later, that also means it's time to look at
Tasky wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: chesskid

more than one wagon is always good.
Way to easy of a vote.

Got other things to say. Not right now.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Tasky »

we are in (or just out of) RVS. don't forget that in this stage it is much more likely to have a wagon on a townie than on scum.

stop talking about lynching already. we are wagoning more or less at random trying to see something that can be analyzed later.

the first day (or maybe only the first week or two) consists of mostly spam. only later the spam starts to be replaced by real content. talking about lynching already turns lynching scum into lynching randomly with the randomness tilted a little against town (as scum aren't voting totally randomly).
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Tasky wrote: I only think bandwagoning creates information, and two competing wagons usually do this even more, because you don't have only the options {get on bandwagon, not get on bandwagon} but you have {get on bandwagon one, get on bandwagon two, get on no bandwagon} and therefore there is more to analyze later.
While I agree to an extent, the amount of information early bandwagons gives us later is pretty minimal. Personally I prefer to find scum now, instead of hunt for information that might be marginally helpful down the line. That being said, more info is pro-town.
Kitoari wrote: That being said, chesskid is a good alternative lynch. I'd consider it if suddenly feysal became WORST LYNCH EVER for some reason.
You're already throwing around the word lynch? We're barely out of the RVS. I don't like this mindset at all.
Tasky wrote: stop talking about lynching already. we are wagoning more or less at random trying to see something that can be analyzed later.
Ninja'd.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Kitoari »

chesskid3 wrote:
Kitoari wrote:
Feysal wrote:

lol k bro. Apples are red. that being said, there are nukes in Iraq ZOMGWTFHAXOR
The funny thing is that apples can be green and the second half of this is BS.
Tasky wrote:we are in (or just out of) RVS. don't forget that in this stage it is much more likely to have a wagon on a townie than on scum.

stop talking about lynching already. we are wagoning more or less at random trying to see something that can be analyzed later.

the first day (or maybe only the first week or two) consists of mostly spam. only later the spam starts to be replaced by real content. talking about lynching already turns lynching scum into lynching randomly with the randomness tilted a little against town (as scum aren't voting totally randomly).
Point taken.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am

Post by IH »

Tasky wrote:we are in (or just out of) RVS. don't forget that in this stage it is much more likely to have a wagon on a townie than on scum.

fos

I don't like this post at all. You're limiting the information by telling everyone to be cautious
To be honest I don't know if you're being unintentionally anti town, or if you're trying to warn buddies, but whatever it is I don't really like it.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Bunnylover »

IH what makes my vote to easy of distraction?
Show
I have played 25 games:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”