The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 am

Post by rewq455 »

Edge wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
SpyreX wrote:
I'd argue that even if Gandalf is town, there's at least 2-3 scums on that wagon.
I concur. I think that if he's scum that number is even higher though.

As in if Weird is scum and Gandalf is scum and they weren't scum together I could see firebombing everyone on there (OHH YES EVEN ME) with a super net gain.

Why would there be more scum on scum than on town?
Why aren't you voting anyone?

And because I'm lazy:
What do you think about Gandalf?
What do YOU think about that wagon?
What changes in said thought process dependent on his alignment?
(Bonus points: if he is scum, what does that mean about said 'slip').
Will answer later. Have to go to school.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Mariyta »

Glork wrote:I'm decently certain Drippereth is scum.
What makes you certain? I have a neutral reading at the moment, leaning town.

The VV case on Kats is making me go "hmmm." Why, with all that's happened since you've last posted, do you focus solely on Kats and give no opinions on others? There are 20+ people in this game, and the only one you have an opinion on is Kats? The points are valid, though, and I'm starting to lean scum on Kats.
Katsuki wrote:Eh. VV is suppose to still be on the scum list. I knew I left someone off.

Nero Cain wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
I also don't build giant walls of analysis/cases, just to make that clear to you guys.
Mafia shouldn't be an essay writing contest imo.
Why not? If you feel strongly that player X is scum then how do you plan on convincing others that they are scum? Or do you just not care who gets lynched?
Oh this is wonderful what you try to make of that statement.

It is something known as my playstyle. Nice try scumpainting it though.
I don't like this post at all. Not the lack of wall writing, because I don't like walls, either. But I don't like the "it's my playstyle" excuse. That's a cheap cop-out. Maybe I'm focusing too much on semantics, but it still bothers me.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mariyta wrote:

The VV case on Kats is making me go "hmmm." Why, with all that's happened since you've last posted, do you focus solely on Kats and give no opinions on others? There are 20+ people in this game, and the only one you have an opinion on is Kats?
Because VV said that he was making a case on Kat when he had time. Apparently the time has come. What is the problem with that?
The points are valid, though, and I'm starting to lean scum on Kats.
Warming up that bus? You scum buddies are funny.

At this point I'm all for WeirdRa and Katsuki lynches.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Mariyta »

LynchMePls wrote: Because VV said that he was making a case on Kat when he had time. Apparently the time has come. What is the problem with that?
Please tell me what post he said that in, 'cause I can't find it. The last three VV posts are "I'm sick", "I'm still sick", "Kats is scum."
The points are valid, though, and I'm starting to lean scum on Kats.
Warming up that bus? You scum buddies are funny.

At this point I'm all for WeirdRa and Katsuki lynches.
Speaking of buses...
As much as I don't like you, I'd prefer to see your scumbuddy lynched today. Why aren't more people voting Weird?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Unannounced V/LA over the weekend, sorry. Be back tonight/tomorrow.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, I'm STILL waiting for an answer from Kat as to why VV is on his scumlist. Six times, the question has been asked and avoided.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:19 am

Post by LimMePls »

VasudeVa wrote:
Glork wrote:Srsly, though, much of the pressure on Wraith looks scum-driven. There are plenty of other, better candidates for lynch. Like M.E.
Oh great Glork, who are the supposed scum on the Wraith wagon? (To refresh your mind: Katy, WeirdRa, Edge, SpyreX, Katsuki)

--

Not in the slightest bit interested in the Wraith wagon. I'm getting a little bit used to Fate. He makes every little thing his perceived scum does sound so scummy when it, in fact, isn't. He takes no apologies for the Town flip, pisses on their gravestone and then necrophilia. *slowmotion*
Ooohh yeaaahhh~

He will also appear drunk at your wedding, if you invite him.

Katsuki is so obviously scum, I think I'll have to make a mega wall post in her honor.
My bold.

That didn't take long. Why didn't you ISO it and read it yourself?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mary was trying to make VV's case look invalid by claiming he was only going after her.

switch vote to kat pls.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Mariyta »

Nero Cain wrote:
Mary
Mari was trying to make VV's case look invalid by claiming he was only going after her.
I didn't say it was invalid. In fact, I said it was valid. I was pointing out that VV ignored the other, more prominent wagons. Aside from time issues (which he didn't state), why would you want to ignore everyone else? I don't think the case on Kats is solid enough to focus on Kats and only Kats.

LMP, I did do an ISO and didn't see it. Thank you for pointing it out. I would still like to hear VV's opinions on the other main wagons.
-Susan Ertz

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Katsuki »

Wraith wrote:Okay, I'm STILL waiting for an answer from Kat as to why VV is on his scumlist. Six times, the question has been asked and avoided.
I answered a long time ago. Learn to read.

Comments on other stuff later.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Kats I have q. Jenni is lurking right now, does that change your read of her at all?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Katsuki »

Mariyta wrote:

Nero Cain wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
I also don't build giant walls of analysis/cases, just to make that clear to you guys.
Why not? If you feel strongly that player X is scum then how do you plan on convincing others that they are scum? Or do you just not care who gets lynched?

I don't like this post at all. Not the lack of wall writing, because I don't like walls, either. But I don't like the "it's my playstyle" excuse. That's a cheap cop-out. Maybe I'm focusing too much on semantics, but it still bothers me.[/quote]

No. I am throwing it out there, because I know some wise-ass (hintnerohint) will use it against me.

How is "it is my playstyle" an excuse to get out of stuff? You can look up any game I play.

P-EDIT: no, because for jenni standards, this is not lurking. This is how she plays in every game I've ever played with her. Think its due to her access issues. Someone else addressed this already thanks. (don't remember who).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Katsuki »

Mariyta wrote:
katsuki wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
Katsuki wrote:

I don't like this post at all. Not the lack of wall writing, because I don't like walls, either. But I don't like the "it's my playstyle" excuse. That's a cheap cop-out. Maybe I'm focusing too much on semantics, but it still bothers me.
No. I am throwing it out there, because I know some wise-ass (hintnerohint) will use it against me.

How is "it is my playstyle" an excuse to get out of stuff? You can look up any game I play.

P-EDIT: no, because for jenni standards, this is not lurking. This is how she plays in every game I've ever played with her. Think its due to her access issues. Someone else addressed this already thanks. (don't remember who).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Glork »

Mariyta wrote:
DGB's posts especially come across as someone who isn't really trying, just going through the motions. Her suspicions are very run-of-the-mill, and she seems to be making a concerted effort not to draw anyone's ire.

What really seals the deal for me is that in the same post where I said they were starting to look like scum, DGB quoted and commented on another part of the post and completely, 100% ignored my voiced suspicion of her, which is
VERY
unlike DGB-town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Wraith »

Katsuki wrote:
Wraith wrote:Okay, I'm STILL waiting for an answer from Kat as to why VV is on his scumlist. Six times, the question has been asked and avoided.

You mean "scum meta" and "gut" from the first few pages of this topic? Not good enough.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 am

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
Katsuki wrote:

HAHAHA, and now you're distancing from the partner that is gearing up to bus you. Nice.

Unvote
Vote: Katsuki
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 am

Post by LimMePls »

gah!

@Mod
: Can we get that quote tag fixed? Thanks.
Fixed.
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

V/LA on weekends
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Sorry, really can't read now,
MOD: Note my sig
MemoriaEsponia
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 am

Post by MemoriaEsponia »

The following players are lurking and providing next to nada on content. They all need to collectively step it up

InHim, bv310, CES, a2rude, and MSG.

LMP wrote:Warming up that bus? You scum buddies are funny.
Wait, whut? Wasn’t your call for Mariyta’s head predicated on the Serial Killer slip she supposedly made? If so how in the hell does she have scum-buddies? As they 80’s movie computer said – Does Not Compute!

Glork wrote:MemEsp: Please compare and contrast the lists/posts provided by Drippereth (up to the point where I asked for your opinion on them) from the lists posted by inHim.
Comparing just the lists? Drip made two lists that I can see in their entire ISO (posts 0 and 3). Both are RVS reaction fishing lists since they are supposed to contain Drip’s scum buddies, IMO.

InHim’s lists on the other hand pepper his ISO. They clearly aren’t intended for reactions but to show his suspicions, per your arguments. They pretty much replace any semblance of scum-hunting from InHim.

Let me ask – what scum-hunting comes out of this request?

Glork wrote:The "Chainsaw Defense" is one of the least accruate "tells" in Mafia, because any decent protown player *SHOULD* be pointing out and debunking terrible attacks.
I agree that it is a vastly over-used charge. The problem lies in most players not considering the content of the attack (actual debunking of a case versus mud-slinging) and the context. Recently I busted half of the Weird-ra Hydra for a chainsaw attack in LOST Season 1 Mafia. I’ll not say it is a null-tell but rather a generally badly used tell.

Katsuki wrote:I also don't build giant walls of analysis/cases, just to make that clear to you guys. Mafia shouldn't be an essay writing contest imo.
Yes, everyone should just make lists and sling phrases like obv-scum back and forth :roll:

Spyrex wrote:This list if Gandalf is scum?

COVERED IN IT.

Under the 2 scum groups being true theory there's probably 3-4 scum in that set.

This is ABSOLUTELY true if Weird is other team scum.
Help me with something Spyre. Best guess for scum-teams in a game this size with 2 Mafia is about 3 to 4 member each.

Are you saying that all but 1 if not all of a scum-team is likely found completely on an 8 person bandwagon?

Are you saying it is a mixture of opposing team and bussing?

I need clarity here Spyrex. Be all Clariton-D for my here.

SlySly wrote:Sorry, I was reading pre-fight hype while the discussion was going on and I got overly excited about the fight coming up. It is kind of funny that, due to your omission of it during your slight-smearing of me, THE BATMAN talk appears to have been okay with you, but the UFC statement wasn't. Does this excusing THE BATMAN talk mean you are reaching for a chainsaw to protect one or both of your buddies Edge or SpyreX?

The difference between Spyrex and Edge’s decent into stupid Batman antics and your UFC comments is this – they while spamming the thread with off-topic elements are also providing opinions. Your ISO before your response to me consists of the following

ISO 0 – RQS question response.
ISO 1 – Comments about Katy, Wraith, ME and Zwet. Vote for Drip for claiming scum.
ISO 2 – Statement that you don’t think Drip is scum but is distracting and a hindrance to Town.
ISO 3– Accuse Edge / Fate of claiming scum for being glad Haylen is dead.
ISO 4 – Selective quote and change of vote to ME.
ISO 5 – 6 – Unvote and explanation of mis-read of my Quote.
ISO 7 -8 – Comment that Zwet’s claim was out of character and general Miller claim discussions.
ISO 9 – Question to a2rude about who we should lynch.
ISO 10-13 – Batman and UFC fluff

Aside from ISO 1 I don’t see anything that qualifies as significant scum-hunting before ISO 14. Thus my comment.

bv310 wrote:Spoiler Alert: WeirdRa is scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
You barely have had time for a quick read-through and your scum read just happens to be one of the current top suspects? What are the odds?

@Everyone
– Does anyone else get the feeling that the Nero versus Jenni sandbox fight looks like it could be safe, early game distancing from partners?
Remember the past, remember the 80s and 90s.

MagnaofIllusion and Super Smash Bros. Fan hydra.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:
LMP wrote:Warming up that bus? You scum buddies are funny.
Wait, whut? Wasn’t your call for Mariyta’s head predicated on the Serial Killer slip she supposedly made? If so how in the hell does she have scum-buddies? As they 80’s movie computer said – Does Not Compute!
So because I thought she was probably the SK earlier I have to ignore all other evidence? I'm allowed to take new information and change my opinion, in fact setting it in stone would be retarded. And that latest post, especially in light of Kat's play towards Mariyta, is definitely screaming bus. "I'm thinking I might vote you if things start heading that way, but I'm gonna say the case is making me go 'HMMM' so I can take my time and not vote you if I don't have to, and also I'm going to throw out a bit of tar at the person making the case, even though anyone who is paying attention knows that VV had promised this post" was pretty much how that post read.

V/LA on weekends
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Katsuki »

Semi-V/LA for the next few days to a week. My laptop went to shop (after finally dying entirely).

LMP is posting nonsense, but I can't get to it right now. :(
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Glork »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:
Glork wrote:MemEsp: Please compare and contrast the lists/posts provided by Drippereth (up to the point where I asked for your opinion on them) from the lists posted by inHim.
Comparing just the lists? Drip made two lists that I can see in their entire ISO (posts 0 and 3). Both are RVS reaction fishing lists since they are supposed to contain Drip’s scum buddies, IMO.

InHim’s lists on the other hand pepper his ISO. They clearly aren’t intended for reactions but to show his suspicions, per your arguments. They pretty much replace any semblance of scum-hunting from InHim.

Let me ask – what scum-hunting comes out of this request?
I don't want just the lists, I wanted your general opinion of Drippereth's first dozen or so posts.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Actually, go ahead and take a look at Drippereth's first page (25 posts).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Katsu, have you tried the list things before?
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Wraith wrote:
Katsuki wrote:

You mean "scum meta" and "gut" from the first few pages of this topic? Not good enough.
I'm not sure I have this in context..but...
What's wrong with having a scumread like that. >.>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”