Newbie 982 - Shadows of Death, Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Yeah I figured as much from your "I'll be aggressive" comment in your catch-up post :p I think our playstyles meshed nicely - the quiet and the loud.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Hey. I've been keeping up with this thread since getting back from my holiday. Really glad scum won in the end, massive congratulations to Aurorus and Hinduragi.

Thanks Hinduragi for replacing me and doing such a good job at confusing those townie schmucks :p

And a massive thanks to everyone else; my first ever mafia game was thoroughly enjoyable, and I hope I can play with you all in future games.

Peace Up, A-Town Down. xXx
x
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Congratulations! The three (;p) of you played a good game.

I've read along after being killed, but not close enough to give personal comments on day 2. I was dissappointed to see the Wall of Texts return, and feel that they may have played an important role in the reduced activity day 2 (it's a lot more difficult to get back in the game if you have several long posts to read every time you visit the thread). I was also a bit surprised to see how long everyone waited with voting day 2. A vote can do a lot to clarify suspicions and does add pressure. Now, the day 2 lynch of Earth Intruder felt like it came out of the blue a bit.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Hinduragi »

^This. I totally didn't see it coming but it felt like town had gone to "Well, scum aren't likely to be around since there's 4 active and they seem town enough. I'm going lynch all lurker mode for right now".'

I also was wondering why I was the only one voting for the most part of D2. That really confused me but it gave me extra confidence that I was not the lynch today.(Mainly because I could tell town(GB, mainly, since everyone else died) was being careful about voting and that I would be able to have as much time as I needed to lurk and think up answers) I also liked that AV was smart enough to just follow in GB's footsteps about the voting thing during D2. I voted when I replaced in, though, so it wasn't very abnormal for my vote to be there.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:12 am

Post by CSL »

Wow. Scum keeps winning in all of Hayl Newbie Games...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:05 am

Post by theperson »

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that the day was going to start, then when I saw game over, I thought I was lynched because people didn't want a replacement, and you thought I was scum after the EI so you just immediately lynched. That probably would have been a bad move in lylo, though, and with the people in this game I doubt it would happen.

Part of the reason for my inactivity is that I was still really confused after reading it through. I had to read some posts multiple times and it took forever. I couldn't do a reread immediately or we wouldn't have time before deadline D1. I guess I should have reread during D2...But I didn't for whatever reason, and that's why I wasn't scumhunting much. That's why when I looked back through the omnino ISOs I noticed some other things. Have to go now, will say more later.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I'll cut down my wall-o-text posts in the future. Non-newbie games are much more abrupt, it seems ><
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Akira »

Oh, darn.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Congrats to the mafia, you've played a great game. :D

@Everyone: What did you think about my heavy reliance throughout the game on experienced players? Was it anti-town?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Hinduragi »

It brought up alot of WIFOM. For example, the very small but slim chance you were scum pretending to be VI. But, really, if I was town, I would regard it as null tell and ignore it completely.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”