Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6400 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Please do not delete posts in the game thread. That gives an unfair advantage to people who have seen it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6401 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6399, Pine wrote:
In post 6397, Pine wrote:lol

When you sober up, just edit my post and drop this in. Drop it into PV's quote too, if you're feeling skippy. For some reason, my browser is lopping off the http://www. part of the address. I'll have it fixed eventually, just an annoyance for now.

Code: Select all

[color=#0000FF][b]We absolutely despise [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum//viewtopic.php?p=8884022#p8884022]that question[/url], Senator Peregrine. We find it to be trite and meaningless, used most often to falsely paint a loyal Senator confident of their position as weak and uncertain. We have several times considered banning its utterance from Our Hearing.

Mighty Caesar welcomes you back to these chambers, Senator Peregrine. What say you of the criminal Vecna?[/b][/color]
...supposed to be a PM to mod.

@Nahdia Please delete these two posts. They were obvi meant to be a PM

When you're sober, ofc.

Why were you PMing that to a mod and to what chambers do you refer?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6402 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Because I'm 99% sure you don't mean X and I know what X is and you ain't X.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6403 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 6377, Caesar Wills It wrote:
We absolutely despise that question, Senator Peregrine. We find it to be trite and meaningless, used most often to falsely paint a loyal Senator confident of their position as weak and uncertain. We have several times considered banning its utterance from Our Hearing.

Mighty Caesar welcomes you back to these chambers, Senator Peregrine. What say you of the criminal Vecna?
In post 6382, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 6377, Caesar Wills It wrote:
We absolutely despise that question, Senator Peregrine. We find it to be trite and meaningless, used most often to falsely paint a loyal Senator confident of their position as weak and uncertain. We have several times considered banning its utterance from Our Hearing.

Mighty Caesar welcomes you back to these chambers, Senator Peregrine. What say you of the criminal Vecna?

Math had 5 players who I think are probably town as her scumteam, not to mention teaming them altogether (blech). SO I asked the question, resulting in the 2nd tier, and the designation of her "hard townreads".

Not sure Vecna is scum. Early game really came across as town. Aside from overposting like a a dissonant hydra, haven't found anything particularly scummy (until the ATE).

Plus he made an ABR case that I might go look at. And supposedly checked ABR's "vacation" story.
In post 6397, Pine wrote:lol

When you sober up, just edit my post and drop this in. Drop it into PV's quote too, if you're feeling skippy. For some reason, my browser is lopping off the http://www. part of the address. I'll have it fixed eventually, just an annoyance for now.

Code: Select all

[color=#0000FF][b]We absolutely despise [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum//viewtopic.php?p=8884022#p8884022]that question[/url], Senator Peregrine. We find it to be trite and meaningless, used most often to falsely paint a loyal Senator confident of their position as weak and uncertain. We have several times considered banning its utterance from Our Hearing.

Mighty Caesar welcomes you back to these chambers, Senator Peregrine. What say you of the criminal Vecna?[/b][/color]
6397 is a codefix for the mod to edit 6377 and 6382, where PereV quoted 6377
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6404 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Pine »

I was asking her to fix a botched url tags in 6377 and 6382, ya numpty. Fuck it
Mod please disregard requests. It will only cause more confusion

While I'm out of character, this is the most fun I've had playing Mafia in literally years. This even beats Camn's Revenge. Thank you all for putting up with the Caesar character, it makes me happy. I've spoken to my wife in the royal third person plural a few times (Dearest, please pass Us the remote) and she's been like 'wut'. Awkward.

*back in character*
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6405 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

But I was excited for a sec, looked like a PT slip
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6406 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Akane and Nebby »

Pine is having fun he must be scum

-Nebby
Hydra between Alisae and Malachite
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6407 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

LOL Pine
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6408 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah...Let's just leave that stuff alone please

I'd rather have the errors then trying to figure stuff out later.

Dearest Caesar it seems your scrolls are having a bit of a malfunction. We suggest you get stewards on that.

I literally look forward to your posts and while I am trying to investigate the veracity of your town claim I find it hilarious and restores fun to the game.

I wish to nominate Caesar for FUN MVP for reinjecting fun into this game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Caesar Wills It
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6409 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Caesar Wills It »

What is all this ruckus? Praetorian Guards, remove this blabbering plebian from the Senate chambers at once!

The Imperial Senate is commanded to disregard that madman's ramblings, and move ahead with the proceedings to cast the traitor Vecna from Our halls.

We have commanded the Imperial scribes to commence with the investigations into Senators Rampage and Yuri, as of now, to fulfill Our promise to Senators Mathblade and nancy.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6410 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 6408, MathBlade wrote: I wish to nominate Caesar for FUN MVP for reinjecting fun into this game.
Second!
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Caesar Wills It
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6411 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Your adulation of Us is right and good, and no less than We deserve. Nonetheless, it warms Our Heart, and We bestow Our Blessing upon you.

Senator nancy, we have concluded Our survey of Senator Rampage's records, and We have reached a preliminary conclusion against him. As We have stated previously, Our experience with Senator Rampage suggests that his outrage and chaotic bearing is a feature of his personality, and his attempts to pursue suspected felons appears at first glance to be sincere and earnest. However, when viewed in larger context, Rampage's behavior seems carefully calibrated to cause disruption and division. There is always a certain toxicity to the Senator, but We perceive a greatly increased degree of the negative aspects of his conduct. It is Our finding that the once-noble Senator has abused his exalted position to disrupt avenues of discourse harmful to his agenda and discredit unjustly those whom he perceives as threat. We note his deeply personal conflict with Senator DEO, which caused their untimely departure from this plane. We also cannot reconcile a loyal Senator Rampage with the series of deceptions documented most efficaciously by the late Senator DEO. Finally, it is Our Judicious Opinion that the dispute between Senator Rampage and the villain Vecna at the end of the Senate's first session was a fiction composed for Our benefit, designed to deceive the Senate into thinking they could not both be treasonous against Us.

We hereby strip Albert B Rampage of all rank, style, and title, attaint his name and House, and have ordered a cohort of the Third Legion to seize his assets and holding pending conviction by the Senate. No longer shall he be afforded any rights or privileges due to a member of the Imperial Senate, and instead he is accorded Our Imperial Disdain. We brand this man as a criminal and traitor to the Realm, and command no patrician to treat kindly with him.

This is Our Judgment in this matter.

CAESAR WILLS IT

Caesar Wills It
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6412 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:20 pm

We shall continue Our investigations into Senator Yuri on the morrow. Such detailed efforts tax Us greatly, and We have other duties as your Imperator.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6413 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6394, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6392, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 6389, MathBlade wrote:Or they will have a scum buddy unvote just to change the order and come back on. Like the positioining is relevant in terms of front or back and consistency. Not so much the exact spot.
Yes. Please don't overanalyze.

Instead, look at the fact of what Nero had to say. Why did he vote draw criticism that the first 2 did not?
Because it's Nero???

Like?? I don't get the question.
The point was, like Sodam and Skies voted him he said nothing. I vote him and bam
AtE.
So I'm asking him why I am being treated differently. This is not a hard concept to understand. Also PV jumping in a giving Creature a maybe plausible explanation looks like coaching.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6414 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by nancy »

I love you Pine. Seriously. This is the fucking best. I'm going to keep trying this game.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6415 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Agreed. It makes me sad that either I was right at the start of the game ish or you are scum. So Caesar the most highly regarded would you be willing to be dethroned (lynched) should you be incorrect in your analysis for conspiring to deceive that of a lower house (buddying me) in order to obtain a mislynch per article 3.14 of the Mathblade conventions ratified well before the meeting of these civilizatioins. A core principle to all those aligned with the town is that if scum are to be found buddying a person of lower house they are immediately removed from the courts. Do you agree with this principle whole heartedly good Caesar?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6416 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Senator Mathblade may be a little bit intoxicated from the holy liquid brought in from the city of Bud north of here. It took a light bump on the carriage right to Senator Mathblade and now the common vernacular is Bud Light.

Senator nancy. What do you have to say over the previous two theories proposed? What do you think about them? I shall quote them in my next post for easier reference.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6417 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6319, MathBlade wrote:I kinda wish we could have people vote for theories atm

LUV/ABR/Yuri (with maybe a slice of Vecna)

OR

Caesar/Senpai/A&N/Yuri

Like...logically I think Yuri is scum but that doesn't really tell us enough about either theory.
I would like Senator nancy to bring her opinions to the Senate floor regarding each of these theories and their practicality.
Senator Mathblade is concerned over the possibility that people are being super nice to them to get a mislynch rather that their reads being correct.
They ask for nancy's assistance in verifying these possibilities.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6418 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 6415, MathBlade wrote:Agreed. It makes me sad that either I was right at the start of the game ish or you are scum. So Caesar the most highly regarded would you be willing to be dethroned (lynched) should you be incorrect in your analysis for conspiring to deceive that of a lower house (buddying me) in order to obtain a mislynch per article 3.14 of the Mathblade conventions ratified well before the meeting of these civilizatioins. A core principle to all those aligned with the town is that if scum are to be found buddying a person of lower house they are immediately removed from the courts. Do you agree with this principle whole heartedly good Caesar?
I veto this. And I just gave myself veto power.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6419 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Per the doctrine of all players have a proper right to examine the scrolls for the identity of those treasonous to the Town I am allowed to assess the confidence of one called Caesar within this Senate Floor. Caesar is not above such scrutiny. You may have the declared yourself having veto power. It is a simple question. I wish to ascertain the confidence of Caesar's declarations. If he is worthy of our regard as a townread, Caesar is surely worthy of making sure he is truly aligned with the Town.

We would not want a repeat of the alternate history scrolls where Caesar was stabbed by Brutus in the middle of the town square by millions of hands none of which accountable. I would rather make sure Caesar is with us and so that way we all can form a building of town. I believe Senator nancy was proposing something. I merely wish to ascertain the building's foundations. With all due respect, your veto is ignored and has no weight with this Senator.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6420 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6417, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6319, MathBlade wrote:I kinda wish we could have people vote for theories atm

LUV/ABR/Yuri (with maybe a slice of Vecna)

OR

Caesar/Senpai/A&N/Yuri

Like...logically I think Yuri is scum but that doesn't really tell us enough about either theory.
I would like Senator nancy to bring her opinions to the Senate floor regarding each of these theories and their practicality.
Senator Mathblade is concerned over the possibility that people are being super nice to them to get a mislynch rather that their reads being correct.
They ask for nancy's assistance in verifying these possibilities.

I believe Senator nancy is due to reply to this scroll at her nearest opportunity. We believe her time is best served in helping Senator Mathblade's reads align with hers. The more Senator nancy does this the more Senator Mathblade could see a townblock if Senator nancy could think about these theories and evaluate them. Senator Mathblade would be much appreciative.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Caesar Wills It
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Caesar Wills It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6421 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Senator nancy, We are quite capable of defending Ourself, thank you.

Senator Mathblade, We have acknowledged previously that fact which has been a closely guarded state secret: that We are mortal, fallible, and susceptible to error. We do not consent to placing Our Life and Person upon thy sacrificial alter should Our analysis prove inaccurate, nor should any loyal citizen make such a wager. Errors made in good faith ought not be compounded with undue self-flagellation, much less suicide by the only citizen We know beyond doubt to be loyal to Rome. Despite Our refusal to acquiesce to your demand, know that We have high confidence in Our decrees, and are prepared to take responsibility for them even should they prove Unjust.

We also brace thee with condescension for your choice of libation. While the piss-water you imbibe is sufficient for enticing callow youths for conquest, real men and women drink the spirits sourced north of Hadrian's Wall. Or at least un-watered-down Bud. Come on, thou weenie.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6422 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by nancy »

I don't think it's very wise to lynch someone just because they lead a mislynch. This seems to me a rather extreme application of Burden of Proficiency and I don't like extremism.

Does theory = read?

I'm TRing Caesar and Senpai.. you were TRing Senpai last I heard, what changed?

I'm on the fence with A&N. I think Yuri is scum. I don't understand why you've listed those slots together in that way.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6423 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by nancy »

I wasn't defending you I was just saying I don't like the 'lead a scum lynch or die' thing.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6424 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Senator Mathblade was ascertaining the strength of Caesar's reads. Usually with a numerical format the question ends up ignored without significance and I get more words. I have found that using those scrolls gets a more effective response. With how Senator Caesar answered those scrolls I'm okay with an ABR wagon today. Not okay with a Vecna one however.

Senator Mathblade also finds Caesar's post about calling ourselves a weenie for our choice of drink. I have not heard of the drink north of Hadrian's Wall. If you give me the name maybe Senator Mathblade's brain will recollect such a beverage. Senator Mathblade rarely has regular "Bud" for most of the time they got used to "Bud Light" and find it goes down smooth.

For Senator nancy I'm more concerned about the potential of being too close to one's enemies. I'm concerned that while I townread them there is a nagging feeling of in the vernacular "buddying". My fallen comrade Titus did not like how the Senpai slot could be buddying me fiercely. With some of the VCA I was doing requested by Senator Vecna it was a thorough possibility I was being buddied.

Another thing that pinged me was the "blame Math" comment. I'm trying to wrap my head around how a town read says that. I'm withholding judgment for now because if Senator A&N is not aligned with the town I'm sure further communications will ensue.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”