Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 572, AngryPidgeon wrote:Short bullet points against Cyber:
1. Not very much content.
2. One of his first points of interest is that setup spec may be anti-town. Really easy point to make, looks like posting for the sake of posting.
3. The jason/Yates townreads for their AV interactions are also really easy analysis. Posting for the sake of posting.
4. Says Zabriel is scummy for thinking that people AV interacted with aren't necessarily cleared. That is scummy how?
5. His whole Zabriel case is absurdly forced. Just read post 402 and tell me its genuine.
6. Accuses Zabriel of deflecting attention for posting a comment about something between Cyber/Acos. Once again, how is that scummy? Do you honestly expect town to just OMGUS and defend themselves under pressure and NOT give a shit about the rest of the players?

1. Sorry that everyone can't post 4 gigantic walls full of thoughts on every page that FoS's everyone.
2. It's also my first large game. 2nd part of that statement was asking if setup spec talk was best held to day 2. Didn't get an answer for that.
3. Posting reads is scummy. Agreeing with other people's thoughts is scummy. Not agreeing with people's thoughts is scummy. Not posting is scummy. Wagonning is scummy. Not wagonning is scummy. Gotcha.
4. This was a legit question that I asked, which still remains unanswered. Why are they scummy to him?
5. Subjective. But since you're concentrating on me right now, it seems like you're trying to draw something out of nothing.
6. He injected his opinion on something that was pretty much already a dead topic. I was just correcting Zoroaster because he read my comment out of context. At the time Zab posted that, there was already a wagon on him so it looks like a deflection. There was no reason for him to comment there. I'll use one of your quotes and say that he is "posting for the sake of posting."

On coaching:

Seriously? Do I need my hand held through this game because it's so big and scary out there? AV was just trying to take advantage of my newbieness and thought I would be naive enough to follow. Where's the Zoroaster coaching? No really... I don't see it. All I see is commenting on something I said, which was taken out of context.

Time for you guys to take your fail-wagon elsewhere.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 557, Acosmist wrote:
In post 540, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 512, Yates wrote:@Acosmist - Serious question; why aren't you contributing to this game? You are supposed to be our conf-Town and leading the charge here. I am not kidding when I say that you did a better job of scum hunting AS SCUM in Metroid than you are doing right now. I am sorely disappointed in your play.

^^

rtft, already answered

You're going to be sad you can't get rid of me this game.

What are you talking about?

You've posted 44 times in this game and its basically all been bullshit. I don't think you can use "irl stuff" as an excuse when you've been as active as you have been.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 569, Acosmist wrote:
In post 559, Kublai Khan wrote:Maybe it's just because I've played more games here and remember when fakeclaims were the exception rather than the rule.
Why not look up pappums' modded games? Yates and I could tell you about it. I think Pere is a player itg.

Also, fakeclaims are the rule now, due to not breaking games with stupidness.

It'd still be an assumption. It could still be fakery. etc.

Second sentence doesn't make sense, but that doesn't seem relevant to this game.

In post 570, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 508, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 506, Kublai Khan wrote:Let me understand this.. You read the first 5 pages and the ISO of the guy you'd be replacing, then you got your PM. Then you re-read the game? Why?

I saw the spot in the Q. I read the ISO. I skimmed the first few pages (probably was less than 5 tbh) and then requested it.

@Kublai: What did my response to this tell you about me?

Well, the reason I asked was because of posts 397 and 404. It seems odd that you were posting what appeared to be catch-up reactions, but you had said that you had already read that stuff pre-replacing. Then you said you skimmed, so it appears to be just moot and so I dropped the subject.

Why do you care about my read on you?

@everyone - Cybertronix needs more votes.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.16

"It is the quality of ones convictions that determines success, not the number of followers." -Remus Lupin, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

AngryPidgeon - 6 (Kise, Acosmist, Nero Cain, rapidcanyon, Yates, jasonT1981)
Cybertronix - 4 (BloodCovenant, ThAdmiral, AngryPidgeon, Kublai Khan)
Melmond - 3 (Tammy, Benmage, zabriel)
zabriel - 2 (Zoroaster, Cybertronix)
BloodCovenant - 2 (snifit, Melmond)
snifit - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not voting - Shahrizai, Amrun

Searching for a replacement for Shahrizai

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.

Please don't make me add a rule about respecting other players and their families when tragedy hits them, as this should just be common sense. Lets keep this civil, shall we?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 609, Melmond wrote:@ThAd: What changed your mind about BC being scum?

His posting style. Stubbornly sticking to his guns for the most part. Aggressively attacking people in a way that didn't strike me as scummy as it showed he didn't care what people thought about him. Being more or less blase about being called scummy by a few people.

In post 622, Nero Cain wrote:Just shut up and play and stop being a whiny lil' prick.

Are you for real dude?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 614, Nero Cain wrote:I think there's a good chance that Cyber is less likely to be an AV buddy. While its a decent assumption that we have multiple scum teams since its a large, its not confirmed. And the only other players that would know this mutlteam scum is scum.

Bleh, Nero is probably town. This quote does not come from scum. Also willingness to cross vote me and take front stage by walling up the thread with me.

What is the likelihood of there being multiple teams? And would a flip from a 2nd team make that obvious or probably not?

In post 614, Nero Cain wrote:+You have a scum "read" voting your other scum read...and you aren't questioning your cyber read which seems non-townish.

I mean...What? If I played a game in which all of my scum reads never voted each other I would WTF super hard. I expect my reads to not be right all the time. And who says bussing never happens? I hit Maemuki in P4 mafia with a really hard townread purely because my scum read was tunneling her and it turns out I was right about my scum read and she was just bussing Mae the whole time so I derped really heavily when Mae flipped scum since I thought the person shoving her wagon was scum (and was right).

Re Amrun: there is a difference between lurking and, you know, flat out not playing the game. IaI comes to mind.

In post 627, Kublai Khan wrote:Why do you care about my read on you?

I was trying to figure out the purpose of your question is all. I didn't see why you asked it.

In post 627, Kublai Khan wrote:@everyone - Cybertronix needs more votes.

Spoiler:

@Nero: just let Amrun catchup.. I don't think she has a better than random chance of being scum right now.

Cyber, why does AV's vote on jason make him likely town?
In post 269, zabriel wrote:I can't say for sure, but I have scum feelings about people that should logically be somewhat clear by the AV flip. It wouldn't be inconsistent with the flavor.

In post 625, Cybertronix wrote:4. This was a legit question that I asked, which still remains unanswered. Why are they scummy to him?

Cyber, what is wrong with Zab's quote? Its a little fence-sitty, but I think thats a weak tell if one at all. If anything hes openly admitting to taking an unpopular opinion which scum would do, because?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 621, Amrun wrote:Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

dems hostile werds. She's a big girl, she can take it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 630, AngryPidgeon wrote:What is the likelihood of there being multiple teams? And would a flip from a 2nd team make that obvious or probably not?

Very likely. 2 scum team games are all the rage these days but I wouldn't expect more than 6-7 scum.

And yeah...if a second team flips its confirmed we have a 2nd team...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 am

Post by Yates »

In post 621, Amrun wrote:I've just had a very public and gruesome death in the family and it's really, seriously fucked me up and I'm limping along in all of my games - each and every one. I'm barely even posting on recreational threads. I forgot I signed up for this game (it was a mistake, but I wanted it to get played), but I'm working on it.

Amrun, and I'm saying this with all due respect, you should probably replace out. There are more important things in your life than an internet logic puzzle game. You need to focus on that and take care of business.

Conversely, there is literally NOTHING more important in Nero's life than mafiascum and you are ruining his experience. No friends. No job. No pets. Just a dark room under the basement stairs where he is fed nothing but generic Mountain Dew and Twinkies. Stop being so selfish.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 604, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 602, Acosmist wrote:Whatever way you'll twist it. What do I win for getting that right?

ideal: you die today so you can't!

What the actual fuck are you talking about. Jason keeps forcing this connection that is not telling of anything and he needs to explain his bullshit.

Actually, it seems to be you forcing it and keep harping on about it. I have already explained, as has many others that there seemed to be a lot of defending going on by Zab on Acos. And left it at that.

you're the one who won't shut up about it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, jason's scum.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Why exactly? I answered you... you're the one who kept bringing it up.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Assertion that scum don't defend town: false.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also I'm calling BS on there being ANY way you were unaware this was a crossover.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 621, Amrun wrote:I've just had a very public and gruesome death in the family and it's really, seriously fucked me up and I'm limping along in all of my games - each and every one.

Condolences Amrun. I see reasons for people wanting you to replace out, but if Mafiascum helps you maintain sanity then by all means stay. I'm sure those here who are being insensitive don't mean it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 633, Yates wrote:Conversely, there is literally NOTHING more important in Nero's life than mafiascum and you are ruining his experience. No friends. No job. No pets. Just a dark room under the basement stairs where he is fed nothing but generic Mountain Dew and Twinkies. Stop being so selfish.

shit doesn't even make sense. It was so
absurd
of me to suspect her slot in a game of
mafia
. Clearly its impossible for her to have a scum pm since someone in her family died. Its okay for her to call me retarded but its not okay for me to think she's being whiny. Please stop saying stupid shit this game.

Hey AP, what made yo get off of Melmund again?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 639, Cybertronix wrote:
In post 621, Amrun wrote:I've just had a very public and gruesome death in the family and it's really, seriously fucked me up and I'm limping along in all of my games - each and every one.

Condolences Amrun. I see reasons for people wanting you to replace out, but if Mafiascum helps you maintain sanity then by all means stay. I'm sure those here who are being insensitive don't mean it.

Ya, this. I went through a personal thing a while back and the games helped take my mind off it. Even if my performance wasn't great.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 640, Nero Cain wrote:Hey AP, what made yo get off of Melmund again?

The Cyber wagon. I would still vote Melmond, but I'd rather see Cyber wagon get steam.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 613, Melmond wrote:What caused you to go from prob scum to towny on BC in the 80 or so posts between these reads?

His Zabriel stance. Ironically, IaI's Zabriel stance is objectively scummy. But:
Spoiler:

And gut read from 214.

His response to me saying he was posting elsewhere seemed genuine.

I give like 5x weight to reads I get from interacting with people.

Your vote is bad.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

That wasn't clear. I felt he was scummy for the Zab stance and 214 in general, but his reaction to me looked town.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I need to go back and read, because as much as I hate reading walls, there might be something in there.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Actually Melmond sitting on the fence about me is probably from town. Don't honestly see scum not coughing up some form of opinion on me.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Melmond »

My vote's not doing any good by staying on BC, he's not getting lynched today...
So I'll change to Cybertronix. He's the best wagon thats going right now.
AP is more likely town.
VOTE: Cybertronix
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 622, Nero Cain wrote:8 posts in name of the wind

1 post in political corruption

3 posts in GD

Just shut up and play and stop being a whiny lil' prick.

Name of the Wind - ongoing, can't talk about it, but anyone who looks at the game would understand. I also don't have 25 pages to catch up on there.

1 post in political corruption - a vote count, because I'm the mod.

3 posts in GD - HOLY CRAP OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!

Don't worry about offending me. I really can take it.

I'm not going to replace out. I'm within days of being caught up and there's just no reason to now. I thought it was best for you all to know why I've been having a hard time, but you can choose not to believe it and I will not be upset at all. It's just weird - now that I'm here and providing content, NOW I get asked to replace out? lol
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no one said anything about replacing out ITT.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”