Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:51 am

Post by N »

Vote Count 2.09
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(1) TierShift
absta101
(1) PrivateI
farside22
(0)
PrivateI
(3)
Mitillos, Aj The Epic, absta101
Brian Skies
(0)
TierShift
(2) farside22
Aj The Epic
(0)

Not Voting
(2) Brian Skies, Micc

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-04-10 21:55:07)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, Mitillos until Friday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 192, absta101 wrote:
@Micc
- I looked at one of Yiley's town games and he played roughly the same there as he is here. So I don't feel comfortable calling him scum for his
completely fucking shit
playstyle.
As for the rest of you. You look increasingly scummy with every post you make. Your whole scum hunting seems fake, especially the questions aimed at farside. Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything. It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.

I can see myself lynching you at the end of the day at this point though.
I'm traveling slow because college work trumps all on Tuesday/Thursday but I'll get an easy ten pages today. I think. Here's the first scum this game, Absta... most likely coupled with brian, at least by this post. Brian's lurking/general disinterest in actual discussion was disheartening to say the least, but absta commits a few flaws here I recognize from mafia theory...

First off, the complete bullshit dis. The whole town is "scummy" and Yiley has a "shit playstyle". Alright, so we've covered all the ground for the "I'm superior by your lack of ability" attitude in two lines? Calls tier scum on, from looking back, complete lies. More importantly, Tier had been the most recent speaker in most of the previous posts NOT made by Absta, which should require a first person interaction AFTER the introduction. However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion. 189 was tier's general post, 190 Absta states that "This is why tier is prob scum", not addressing a specific part of the post but the whole post. Tier responds again, but Absta's next post (the one quoted) still does not address tier in first person.

So Absta, care to explain? Yes, it's a tad far back but you did make the comments. You should still remember what you meant and please specify something... Anything. Specifically, what you saw that made everyone else "increasingly scummy" and how that post (189 for your reference) made tier scum.

Without further ado,
Unvote
:
Vote: Absta

@Brian, please don't wait... I might not finish today, and if where I am is any indication (you got prodded, came back and posted on irrelevance to people's play), you've been lurking hard. The more I see of you, the better... Posting something worth while reading so I don't get the impulse "Scum ignoring game" reaction would be nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 am

Post by farside22 »

And I stand by my scum team.
Anyone wants my votes, it aj or Tier.

We have this wonderful comment.
In post 561, Aj The Epic wrote:Hello everyone, still early in my reading as I'm trying not to miss everything.
In post 136, TierShift wrote:Brian, a lynch day 1 will give us something to work with. If we afterwards decide we want to no lynch, so be it. But let's just play this like a normal day 1.

Farside, yiley will probably give himself away at some point in time, but I didn't really think about him much yet.

Yiley, obvtown pls kthx.
In light of the lynch as well as Yiley's role, this is a town post. Not only do I have some recent meta on Tier but the fact that he was easily calling a town cop town (aka not giving any doubt right here [bear in mind, have not read the whole day so I'm not sure if this flipped]) means he had no intention of getting rid of one of the town's most powerful roles. It is, at very least, ridiculously against the scum's wincon to call Yiley town so easily.
In the catch up he ignores the fact that Tiershift ends up calling yiley scum after a few days later. First you have this:
In post 195, TierShift wrote:I hope you see the irony of a hammerer and a treestump present :lol:

P-edit:
Yiley is easy to read imo so just leave that shit to me. If he's scum, he's more likely to be evasive and distant while if he's town he's actively asking (semi-dumb) questions that are relevant in some way or another.
In post 192, absta101 wrote:Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything.
Uh no?
It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.
I'm sorry you're not used to using the same language as I do.

'That sucks' implies that it's scummy, bro, get your ass out of here with non-commital.

You really can't filter out of my post who my scumspects are?

P-P-edit:
Lol I've been voting lurkers, call the police.
A few days later:
In post 237, TierShift wrote:Yiley gives off zero townvibes. He's been posting in mishmash while not here. I expected him to get involved in the past few days if he were town, but he hasn't done so. I don't give a shit about him being cop, we just lynch scum.

VOTE: yiley
L-2 by my count.

Absta is a shit lynch micc, why do you think it's decent?

I don't thnk we should use the RB tonight if we lynch yiley, but I don't really have any clue as to when to use it since it will just put us at even numbers instead of odd which sucks, basically.
Apparently posting elsewhere is scummy only for Yiley. :roll: :roll: :roll:
One post does not = town. Ignoring the full game and voting a player based on what arrogance? Calling Tier scum?
Where the fuck this
AJ wrote:However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion
theory comes from is BS.
Everyone fucking talks about their scum suspect and around their scum suspects. how ever fucking came out with that theory doesn't obviously play the game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 am

Post by TierShift »

Are we doing associative tells without flips again

bad farside, bad
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 am

Post by TierShift »

What happened to your pri suspicions btw farside
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 603, TierShift wrote:Are we doing associative tells without flips again

bad farside, bad
So your going to look at A.J. post and say you don't see the irony?
In post 604, TierShift wrote:What happened to your pri suspicions btw farside
Obvisiouly not reading. Fake questions do not make you look good either.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 603, TierShift wrote:Are we doing associative tells without flips again

bad farside, bad
Ooo and hypocritcal. Not a scum tell but I point it out as a peeve.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 601, Aj The Epic wrote:First off, the complete bullshit dis. The whole town is "scummy" and Yiley has a "shit playstyle". Alright, so we've covered all the ground for the "I'm superior by your lack of ability" attitude in two lines? Calls tier scum on, from looking back, complete lies. More importantly, Tier had been the most recent speaker in most of the previous posts NOT made by Absta, which should require a first person interaction AFTER the introduction. However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion. 189 was tier's general post, 190 Absta states that "This is why tier is prob scum", not addressing a specific part of the post but the whole post. Tier responds again, but Absta's next post (the one quoted) still does not address tier in first person.
1. I didn't mean the whole town by "the rest of you". I was referring to Micc, Tier and I think Brian and Private. Micc asked me why I thought scum was in Brian, Micc, Tier, Private.

2. Point out those lies please.

3. I was probably talking about Tier like that because I was explaining my read on him to Micc.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

@Farside, I'm not AT post 195 when I quote 136... That much should be obvious... (If it isn't, holy shit...)

1. "The rest of you" implies everyone BUT Micc. And MAYBE Yiley, but you had already trashed him. Tbh, I can find other examples to support this anyways. Hence:
In post 129, absta101 wrote:
In post 128, Yiley wrote:I guess that could work ts
I really hate your style of play, just so you know. Actually do some scum hunting for once and post more content?
In post 153, absta101 wrote:So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
In post 164, absta101 wrote:This game will prob get fucked because of this slacking play by town.

VOTE: Brian
And this is just to where I'm at, not the whole game!

2. Most of what you wrote was slander, but here's an easy lie from this post:
Tier's only suspect is privateI.

You ignore the fact that in his post two above, he immediately calls Brian TWICE on being unhelpful and 'discussing game mechanics' over content. He also expresses issues with Yiley, so right there you have two people outside of PrivateI...

You slander again by saying " It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play." You just used your own presumption to come up with an explanation... This is neither justification nor helpful.

3. Micc hadn't POSTED recently, and Tiershift had already responded to your garbage... In your own post, you go @Micc: Paragraph. As for the rest of you: Paragraph. Therefore, I'm not accepting "I was addressing Micc" as an answer. That's a bunch of horseshit.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

*Micc hadn't POSTED NEAR as recently
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 608, Aj The Epic wrote:@Farside, I'm not AT post 195 when I quote 136... That much should be obvious... (If it isn't, holy shit...)
Duh. You have since read past 136 and said shit all about anyone but absta.

1. "The rest of you" implies everyone BUT Micc. And MAYBE Yiley, but you had already trashed him. Tbh, I can find other examples to support this anyways. Hence:
In post 129, absta101 wrote:
In post 128, Yiley wrote:I guess that could work ts
I really hate your style of play, just so you know. Actually do some scum hunting for once and post more content?
In post 153, absta101 wrote:So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
In post 164, absta101 wrote:This game will prob get fucked because of this slacking play by town.

VOTE: Brian
And this is just to where I'm at, not the whole game!

2. Most of what you wrote was slander, but here's an easy lie from this post:
Tier's only suspect is privateI.

You ignore the fact that in his post two above, he immediately calls Brian TWICE on being unhelpful and 'discussing game mechanics' over content. He also expresses issues with Yiley, so right there you have two people outside of PrivateI...

You slander again by saying " It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play." You just used your own presumption to come up with an explanation... This is neither justification nor helpful.

3. Micc hadn't POSTED recently, and Tiershift had already responded to your garbage... In your own post, you go @Micc: Paragraph. As for the rest of you: Paragraph. Therefore, I'm not accepting "I was addressing Micc" as an answer. That's a bunch of horseshit.
Why does any of this make absta scum? At worst it makes him an asshole to play with. (no offense. I don't really know how to put things nicely)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 am

Post by absta101 »

@AJ
-
I was referring to the people in my scum pile
. Micc, Tier, Private, Brian.
AJ wrote:You ignore the fact that in his post two above, he immediately calls Brian TWICE on being unhelpful and 'discussing game mechanics' over content. He also expresses issues with Yiley, so right there you have two people outside of PrivateI...
This shit here is amazing.
If you've read his post properly, you'll see that he doesn't even hint at seeing Brian or Yiley as scum. Look here:
Tier wrote:Seriously, this guy gets called in with a prod, and responds by more mechanics discussion? There was enough content to at least comment on,
so that sucks
So that sucks? How in the fucking hell do you see that as, "this guys is scum" or "this guys is now one of my scum suspects". All he's doing here is complaining that Brian isn't playing pro-town.
Please come post, or I might be inclined to vote you. How do you feel about micc's vote on you?
This is
not
Tier saying that he'll vote Yiley because he thinks that he is scum. This is Tier saying, start posting or i'm going to push a PL on you. That's something people do to people who lurk, not their suspects.
--

I gotta run, i'll come back later. You clearly don't understand what I wrote. Go and read that fucking paragraph again, in context, then come back and apologise for your bs. Thank you.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Then in the future, learn how to clarify between "The rest of you" and "You in my scum pile". Also learn that "The rest of you" doesn't qualify Micc if you just addressed him. This bullshit lie needs to stop.

You already argued the semantics of "That sucks" where Tier stated he meant to suggest Brian was scum. But even his quotes "NOT SCUMHUNTING" replacing Brian's actual post shows a certain level of dislike and suspicion... He did this in BOTH quotes, or did you think Brian actually wrote that? Telling someone they aren't scumhunting is on the same level of telling someone they're being anti-town. The intent was so obvious... You're telling me to read in context yet you apparently missed that? Come on.

Tier isn't pushing a policy lynch when he's PROMPTING Yiley. He's not writing Yiley off and immediately moving against him. What he did was perfectly town. He stated a suspicion, gave an ultimatum and even gave him some advice on how to fulfill that ultimatum.

Farside, it is VERY evident. Even in his most recent post, you can see it. "Apologize"? Please, like I'd be stupid enough to submit to scum. Showing arrogance here when no one comes at him for his arrogance is just as much him obtaining an untouchable position as him actually posting well from a psychological standpoint. The reason being is no one ever challenged him when he defaced the whole lot of you so easily. I'm doing that for you because this is a purposeful assault by him to gain a position where he can just say "You've been shitposting all game and you expect me to listen to you?". It's an arrogant style and the fact that this town A. Put up with him and B. Hasn't seen his scum posting is mildly disappointing, though from what it sounds like I've landed in a game where a few of you just completed a R2Rome game recently...

In other words, this is a basic (Very basic... Doesn't even WORK with most groups) tactic by scum to establish themselves as a 'superior component' of the town. The 'untouchable' status is very real, I just pulled it on tier last game. Not only that, his play is dramatically different from last game where he was an SK. I'm good enough to notice his positive play and compare it to his SK play, recognizing an enormous difference.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 am

Post by farside22 »

*Looks in the dictionary*

Manipulate:
ma·nip·u·late/məˈnɪpyəˌleɪt/ Show Spelled [muh-nip-yuh-leyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), ma·nip·u·lat·ed, ma·nip·u·lat·ing.
1. to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner: to manipulate people's feelings.
For someone reason this word comes to mind reading A.J. recent post.
Is it just me?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 am

Post by absta101 »

And so it begins.
--

P-Edit: God damn it Farside, I wanted to post first. But yeah, I agree.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:10 am

Post by absta101 »

Would've been better if you hadn't of pointed it out. We could've got some decent reactions from that.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 am

Post by absta101 »

You know what, add this Aj guy into my scum pile. That post was way too manipulative to come from town.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

@Farside

This is a game of debating. If you're going to say something, back it up. From what I've read and the result you guys had day 1, there is a dysfunction within the town and I'll do my best by any means necessary to fix it. If you wish to continue being so damn paranoid, go ahead but at least be paranoid and informed. Point out what you mean. I certainly will try to persuade, debate and even go so far as to play dirty, especially when I know I'm right. However, in a debate, persuasion is the goal and mafia is nothing if not a debate at the core.

@Absta, try to disregard me as such. You won't be able to because I won't allow it. I haven't played this game for five years to fall for such a stupid ploy I've seen played many times far more effectively.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am

Post by absta101 »

LOL, you're the best. I actually like you now.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am

Post by absta101 »

You're still scum though.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 617, Aj The Epic wrote:@Farside

This is a game of debating. If you're going to say something, back it up. From what I've read and the result you guys had day 1, there is a dysfunction within the town and I'll do my best by any means necessary to fix it. If you wish to continue being so damn paranoid, go ahead but at least be paranoid and informed. Point out what you mean. I certainly will try to persuade, debate and
even go so far as to play dirty, especially when I know I'm right
. However, in a debate, persuasion is the goal and mafia is nothing if not a debate at the core.

@Absta, try to disregard me as such. You won't be able to because I won't allow it. I haven't played this game for five years to fall for such a stupid ploy I've seen played many times far more effectively.
You can use this later to protect yourself if too many people think you're being manipulative. Very nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 am

Post by farside22 »

You want a debate!
Bawahahahahaahahahaha........hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

*wipes tears*

How about we start with your read first.
One scum read. Based on arrogance. Based on a players style.
How about the debate of this quote
AJ wrote:However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion.
And tell me how you did not do that exact same fucking thing in your post?
Tell me how in the world you use common emotions that people have and turn it into a scum tell. At best it's null tells. At worst it proves people are dysfunctional, irrational and prone to outburst (none which is scummy).
Tell me why you felt the need to make your first post a town tell about one player in the game?

I'm now going to go line by line of the drivel you posted:
aj wrote:But even his quotes "NOT SCUMHUNTING" replacing Brian's actual post shows a certain level of dislike and suspicion
How is this suspicion? That is a stretch.
aj wrote:Telling someone they aren't scumhunting is on the same level of telling someone they're being anti-town.
Anti-town is not always mean scummy. Anti-town is simply anti-town. Like Private.
Tier wrote: isn't pushing a policy lynch when he's PROMPTING Yiley. He's not writing Yiley off and immediately moving against him. What he did was perfectly town. He stated a suspicion, gave an ultimatum and even gave him some advice on how to fulfill that ultimatum.
Or Tier waited and figure hey I get rid of the cop and make it liget vote. Look I love making theories they are fun! :roll:
But lets push the sarcasm out the window and put the fact that absta had been suspcious of Tier since the fucking jump which means his Tier suspicious is......more valid then suspcious.

aj wrote:Showing arrogance here when no one comes at him for his arrogance is just as much him obtaining an untouchable position as him actually posting well from a psychological standpoint.
What the fuck does this even mean?
aj wrote: "You've been shitposting all game and you expect me to listen to you?". It's an arrogant style and the fact that this town A. Put up with him and B. Hasn't seen his scum posting is mildly disappointing, though from what it sounds like I've landed in a game where a few of you just completed a R2Rome game recently...
Again being an asshole is not scummy. If you have proof that being an ass is scummy I will show you all of my town games where I behavied the same way. I'm a jerk nothing more.

In short: Emotions of a player that you post are either null or nothing worth pointing out as scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 527, absta101 wrote:I'm not going to assume that he's a noob town like Yiley unless someone gives a good reason why I should.
Lol. What's the differentiating factor for this? Just in terms of join date, both Jklash and PI are newer players than Yiley.
In post 539, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: So, you're saying Private is too scummy to be scum? :P
In post 540, TierShift wrote:Yeap, always works.
This is a fallacy.
In post 545, farside22 wrote:I don't usually do theory but I keep thinking about Private here. Town Private = passoniate.
Scum Private typically pretty vocal.

This private is neither, but the lynch of the cop and the bases of why does not bode well. Usually I would expect a player that just did something pretty bad to go, my bad or that was pretty stupid. This game nothing from Private other then absta is being looked at as scum so vote.
There is no drive I would expect from someone town who fucked up.
Would town be appathic?
Eh, I've been mislynched for being apathetic in the past so I do think it's a possibility. And I've also seen JS get mislynched for it. So it's not something I would associate with just one alignment.

And like I said before, it looked more like PI was compromising on his vote, not necessarily being wrong on his Yiley read. The way I see it, the deadline was moving towards either Yiley getting lynched or himself. It's not like Yiley was this shining beacon of pure obvtown. Sure, there might be a hint of survivalism there, but nothing I find as terribly scummy as people were making it out to be.

I'm also confused as to why all the pressure was being put onto PI for making that vote in the first place in comparison to Jklash's sudden vote switch onto the Yiley wagon. Nobody has really delved much into Jklash's thoughts on the matter and Jklash never responded to me before he replaced out. :(
In post 558, TierShift wrote:There are a few things about micc that I don't like.
Firstly, there's the lack of true scumhunting. At the beginning of day 1, there's a few useless questions. He was just convinced yiley was scum day 1 (without even the littlest bit of paranoia) and that was that. Now he just pushes the absta PL without trying to figure out who the scum is. He now tries to justify this attack by pointing out how scummy absta is. While he isn't trying to put things into perspective, really trying to see who is town.

To add to that, he compeltely seems to have forgotten absta's reads were fake. That was another thing I didn't like, calling absta's reads fake. They read pretty genuine to me.

Then, there's the fact that he's manipulating me and I wrote up a paragraph about this and it was all incomprehensive so I deleted it. Just trust me here.

1/10 I should stop doing cases

Anyway tldr: vote micc since he's not looking for scum instead manipulating others to vote
VOTE: micc
While I do think there could be some merit here, I'm still not getting a whole lot of townvibes from it. You say Micc has been manipulating you. How? Most of what I've seen is Micc pushing lynches he feels are optimal. I don't remember him asking for you to sheep him or anything of the sort (well, maybe, my memory is a little fuzzy and I should check up on this).

While I do have some suspicions on both Tier and Micc, I don't think the two can be scum together. This push from Tier onto Micc is weird if that were the case and I'm having trouble seeing both scum pushing the Yiley wagon like they did on Day 1. It would be extremely bold.
In post 559, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: jklash is both town and in the scumpool? Also, why does Brian not going for the Private vote make him town? If anything, that's really the one thing that makes me a bit suspicious of Brian, since he was on PrivateI's wagon, at the end of D1.
I was on the Private wagon because I was afraid Yiley could still be town (and I still wanted that investigation result if that were the case). PI was a person I was concerned about and thought would make a decent compromise lynch based on role at the time.

*I'm still about two pages behind, but I need to go take an exam. I'll be back soonish.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am

Post by TierShift »

Okay, let me first say that I have no idea what the fuck AJ is doing. I don't understand on the basis of what you attack absta and I don't think I get any of your reads.
What do you think of PrI?
In post 611, absta101 wrote:
@AJ
-
I was referring to the people in my scum pile
. Micc, Tier, Private, Brian.
AJ wrote:You ignore the fact that in his post two above, he immediately calls Brian TWICE on being unhelpful and 'discussing game mechanics' over content. He also expresses issues with Yiley, so right there you have two people outside of PrivateI...
This shit here is amazing.
If you've read his post properly, you'll see that he doesn't even hint at seeing Brian or Yiley as scum. Look here:
Tier wrote:Seriously, this guy gets called in with a prod, and responds by more mechanics discussion? There was enough content to at least comment on,
so that sucks
So that sucks? How in the fucking hell do you see that as, "this guys is scum" or "this guys is now one of my scum suspects". All he's doing here is complaining that Brian isn't playing pro-town.
Please come post, or I might be inclined to vote you. How do you feel about micc's vote on you?
This is
not
Tier saying that he'll vote Yiley because he thinks that he is scum. This is Tier saying, start posting or i'm going to push a PL on you. That's something people do to people who lurk, not their suspects.
--

I gotta run, i'll come back later. You clearly don't understand what I wrote. Go and read that fucking paragraph again, in context, then come back and apologise for your bs. Thank you.
I've said this before, but just the fact that I use different words to describe feelings of scumminess doesn't make me scum.

@Brian: I really have a hard time describing how I feel about micc. It's just that he made me think exactly like he did which looking back on it was really dumb and groundless for me to do so.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 620, absta101 wrote:You can use this later to protect yourself if too many people think you're being manipulative. Very nice.
Not really. Saying I am not trying to persuade, or saying you are not would both be lies. However, being manipulative is not inherently a bad/anti-town motive since everyone will want to get their own goals as the course of action, scum or town. The difference is town will (Hopefully) be truthful as they persuade whereas scum has no reason to be (other than authenticity and all that garbage but eventually there will be lies).

@Farside: There is a difference. A, that was my second post IN the game and I hadn't interacted with anyone. Tier was posting basically within minutes of Absta. Tier was trying to discuss with Absta, who was posting to some unknown group that hasn't been clarified (to an answer I believe).

As for emotions: I've used emotions since I've started playing and I've been at the very least mildly successful. Having as much background in the human sciences as anyone else, I enjoy applying them and not only picking out what seems fake (which is commonplace as I'm sure you know) but picking the motives behind an emotional response. AtE is overplayed anyways. I'm not saying being emotional is an indication of scum/town, I'm suggesting how the actions/air of arrogance is positioning absta into a position where it will become increasingly difficult to rally support to lynch him. You may say "Well, it still only requires a majority", however even in mafia you can see the Bystander Effect in play. If the consensus is someone is town, they are town. Perception is reality. My deal right now is to lynch this guy who I believe is scum or at least remove the safety netting protecting him from scrutiny by shining the light in his direction long enough.

How ISN'T writing "NOT SCUMHUNTING" in someone's quote tags not enough to suggest suspicion? It certainly doesn't provide itself as a positive action to not scumhunt, and I'd argue that not scumhunting is not "Neutral" (aka not conclusive to alignment) so it, by default, has to be a negative against someone to accuse them of not scumhunting.

By page 10, I have no reason to believe that tier is conspiring against Yiley. None. If something comes up later, kindly point it out to me. However, his actions to not only prompt someone to do more but give them a question, and not an unreasonable question by any means, is a town move.

I've tried to explain what he's doing. All people in the game wish to avoid being lynched. This is a logical known outside jester or rare cases were people think it will be better for the town. There are ways to achieve this. Good posting is the most common. However, just as effective is discrediting anyone who might try to go after you before they go after you. Ergo, by calling the town's play trash, calling multiple people scummy (with very little justification other than general "This above post") and some other underhanded tactics often associated with arrogance, you could, against a town not biting back, achieve a position where the town just accepts that you'll not be dying by lynch. Two ways a beaten dog can react: Cower or bite back.

@Tier: Why so fidgety? The worse that can happen is one of us gets lynched... My flip won't hurt your credibility, would yours hurt me? You don't have to understand nor agree with my reads. However, it was your interaction with him in which I saw the cue to start digging deeper. That's the extent of your importance here.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”