Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:08 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

"My name is Zilla. You have a very pretty name, Autumn." She said, ever smiling. She sometimes wished she had been given a less... menacing name, but she still loved it all the same. "You looked thirsty, and I had a few extra coins. It's not like I really have much need for money, anyway." Her eyes then flickered over to Eldred, taking a long glance at him before returning her attention to Autumn. "He seems... like he knows what he's doing." Of course, there were many other things she could have said, like how he seemed a bit forceful about this whole situation - but she wasn't one to speak ill of other people.
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Selande »

Doron Mackendoerfer is a young man in his early twenties. He's of average hight, arms and legs well muscled and he's moving with a grace that betrays a trained fighter. He wears practial clothes, suitable for travelling but apparently of good quality. His black hair is hidden below a hood, drawn deep into his face most of the time. Beneath this hood his eyes never seem to rest, darting arround the room, surveying his fellow travellers.

When Gabby addresses him he stares at her for a few seconds, then slowly recedes a few steps and begins humming a nursery rhyme.

Startled by Eldred Hurst's prolcamation Doron stops his humming. "You!" he screams. "You are the one who wants t... who is the traitor!"

Vote: Eldred Hurst
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Kinetic »

"
What foolishness is this? First the one who looks half asleep, and seems about as interested in all of this as a cow at a meat market, raises a voice in decent of me. And immediately following that a second foolish snap judgment is made. Now this one can barely contain his excitement to jump on the bandwagon.
"

Eldred huffs and his annoyance at the others in the room is apparent. He slowly takes a deep breath. "
Patience
" he thinks, "
Everyone is afraid, and the last thing you need to do is lose your temper.
"

Eldred pinches the bridge of his nose as he hangs his head slightly. His eyes are clinched, as if he were trying to pinch the soon to come hangover out of existence.

"
Screw this, I'm not drunk enough yet. Bartender, give me something hard
"
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

EBWOP decent = dissent
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

(In italics are Gloria's personal thoughts)

Gloria reclined on her small couch and lighted a pipe that she produced from under her cloak. She slowly smoked under the hood which covered her face, deep in thought about her experiences with some members of the party:

Theo Faast
. He was an interesting man she grew particularly fond of during this journey. His lively evening stories by the campfire would fill her imagination with intrigue and possibility. She was several gold pieces in hisdebt from her expenses in the towns, and strangely enough, the greedy merchant never offered any resistance to her solicitations. No doubt the caring man would sell his vest before seeing Gloria fall into vagrancy.

He is wise, and friendly, but perhaps the gaps in his memory hide a darker past than one would imagine...

Fylbrigg
. Ahhh, Fylbrigg. She remembers how he and Theo often had discussions about philosophy until late in the night. Gloria only stayed until Theo's stories were over, after which she went to sleep. Her interactions with him were limited.

He looks completely harmless, that one. Always with those books, too.

Now
Doron Mackendoerfer
is another story; this man is out of control. She and this rogue fighter became fast friends after they met two weeks ago; although it seems like they've known each other for years. Two of a kind, remarked some of the others.

Well, he certainly fits the description of "threat to the kingdom"...still, I get along with him splendidly, and his alertness is a good sign. Probably. I'm certainly not going to vote him.

Zilla
was only picked up by the party last week.

I know nothing of this woman. I don't like the way she looks, but her jovial features don't look like they would hurt a flea. Next.

Eldred
. This arrogant dirtbag was the most recent addition to the party. He is indubitably the wretch King Donovan warned about. She hated him the moment she saw him; with that vile sting in his stare and haughty character, she found him utterly despicable.

He must be drinking to numb the pain of his evil...how damn predictable. If guilt doesn't kill him, I will.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

The Fonz replaces MafiaSSK.
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

A previously-unheard voice piped up from the back of the room, addressing the hooded youth, the accent strange and hard to place. "That's some might big finger pointin' ye seem t'be doin' there, partner. Care to back it up?"

As he spoke, Hiram Buehler swaggered confidently towards the young man, pausing only to check out a fine-lookin' female specimin on the way. He came to a halt, about a yard away from Doron. "Well"?" Hiram looked at him with an expectant expression on his face. He was used to having his questions answered.

VOTE: Doron Mackendoerfer

Like Thok, I intend to use deep red text to convey my out of character opinions. Here, the case is that I feel that the ferocity with which Selande's character accused Kinetic's is out of keeping with a random vote, so I'm smelling a softclaim.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

So, apparently this character needs a physical description

Hiram Buehler stands well over six feet tall, and has a tousled, shoulder-length mane of straw-coloured hair, which is topped by a hat with a wide brim, and a small indentation in the top. His shoulders are exceptionally broad, and it is clear to all that he knows how to handle himself.

He has a handsome, squarish face with a couple of minor scars, one on his jawbone, and another just above his eyebrow, but if anything, these only add to his rugged good looks.

He wears a one-piece suit which looks quite out of place in the current surroundings, and has a thick belt slung across his hips, from which dangle several strange-looking metallic items.

He carries a bag over his shoulder which appears to be far too small for the number of things it seems to be carrying.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:38 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also like this for ooc conversation...RPing post coming later.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Kinetic »

Hey guys, the reason I know I and a few others are using this text as ooc is because it actually is programed into the forum. If you surround text with [.ooc][./ooc] (removing the periods) the text will automatically be smaller and in dark red text. Additionally, if you use the [.mech][./mech] tags (again, without the periods) you'll get something that looks like this with a box.

This is what the mech tags make.

Thought I'd let you guys in on the bit of secrets so you could use them to full effect :P
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

testing secrets

take two
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:49 am

Post by TDC »

Neat.
Autumn's small talk with Zilla comes to a harsh end, as Autumn turns around to eyeball Doron. He's by far the best looking guy in here, she thinks, but still - I need to find out what he meant:

How do you figure that he is the traitor.. and what does he want to do? Do you happen to know him?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:51 am

Post by TDC »

Forget to include this: How are we going to quote? In the ooc? Paraphrasing will become tiring after a while..
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Cool. <3
Zilla glanced over at Doron, blinking at his sudden accusation. It wasn't nice to say such things without proof. He was, however, a young man... a young men were prone to such impulsive burst. However, she didn't like the way Eldred was taking it. "You shouldn't use alcohol as means to calm yourself. Nor should you be using such vulgar languages." She sighed, shaking her head.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Kinetic »

I think, to keep with the roleplaying aspect, all direct quotes should be in [.mech] tags, then paraphrased in the actual role playing. Something like:

Johnny said, in post 283
I like camels! They're so awesome!

"I distinctly remember you saying you liked camels Johnny!"
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Selande »

With HIram towering over him Doron instinctively reaches for his sword - but of course he's not wearing it in a tavern room. Trying to cover up this gesture he begins toying with the small pouch attached to his belt. "Excuse me Sir, what did you just say? It was a bit hard to understand."

While speaking, Doron backs off a step and turns toward Autumn who just has adressed him.

"Well, pretty girl, let me tell you a secret" he whispers. "THEY told me." "Besides," he continues with normal voice "he's trying to assume control - don't you think that is suspicious? No? Are you perhaps on his side?"

But the tall guy, he wants to see me dead!

"Enee menee minee mo"

Unvote, Vote: Hiram Buehler

The Fonz wrote:Here, the case is that I feel that the ferocity with which Selande's character accused Kinetic's is out of keeping with a random vote, so I'm smelling a softclaim.
Can you explain this more? I think I know what a softclaim is, but I don't see how I made one here and why this would be a reason for a vote - so maybe I'm wrong. My vote was quite arbitrary mafia-wise, but it also was me trying to roleplay my character.
PS: I hope my English not too unintelligible!
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Bogre »

A greying, sad-eyed older man shifts his position at a booth, running a callused hand through his short-cropped hair. A simple, unadorned brown cloak hangs over his shoulders, a hood worn up, but pulled back far enough to reveal his face amply. He speaks, with careful words chosen at length, ignoring the outburst for now"Such a gathering we've got here...even though we've chosen to work for the benefit of the kingdom, I see a number of you cloaked and hooded, with nothing to set you apart. You don't think we should, perhaps, gather together at one table, with no hiding of our faces?"
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hiram met the young man's gaze, and answered his query.

"Ah said... that's an awfully strong accusation to be comin' out with without any proof," he said, coolly, the slightest note of contempt beginning to show in his voice. "Where ah come from,' he said, 'We don't say things like that unless we can back it up. Y'get me?" Not for the first time, Hiram wished he had a cigarette to hand.

"Hey you," he yelled to Eldred, "Gemme a beer." At least they had beer on this stinkin' planet.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

What we RP reflects on what we think, in mafia terms. RPing coming out and calling someone a traitor in so many words straight off the bat struck me as hinting at some kind of investigation- this is what i meant by softclaim. This I find scummy, since I prefer town players with information either to come straight out with it, or keep their mouths shut.

The omgus is also noted.
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Selande »

The Fonz wrote:What we RP reflects on what we think, in mafia terms. RPing coming out and calling someone a traitor in so many words straight off the bat struck me as hinting at some kind of investigation- this is what i meant by softclaim. This I find scummy, since I prefer town players with information either to come straight out with it, or keep their mouths shut.

The omgus is also noted.
Ah, ok. No, I did not try to soft claim an investigation. I think I agree with your stance on town players with information.

We are still at the beginning of the game, so I included the votes in my PR - not so diffrent from random votes in a more normal game.
Selande
Selande
Goon
Selande
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Selande »

EBWOB:

RP, not PR.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Gloria appeared to be stretching, but at the last moment reached back her fingers and grabbed Autumn's skirt, pulling her on the couch. She detachedly asked:

"What about you, pretty? How did you get involved with us already?"
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I would appreciate it if people did not attempt to add backstory to my character.

"Where I come from, we say things. But not always."

Unvote: Eldred Hurst, Vote: Hiram Buehler

Reasons to vote The Fonz
1.)
The Fonz claims he sensed a 'soft-claim' from Selande's post. Firstly, I think that's rather ridiculous for a game that began with day. Secondly, if Selande
was
soft-claiming, pointing it out is very shortsighted. What if she
was
a Cop with a guilty investigation on Kinetic and was trying to push the lynch without revealing letting that slip? The only thing this does is force Selande to confirm/disconfirm it,
both of which do not help the town
. If the town can lynch a scum without outing a Cop in the process, then all the better.

2.)
The Fonz does not make any sense when he says people with information should either (a) claim, or (b) keep their mouth shut. If Selande was soft-claiming, she
was
keeping her mouth shut.

3.)
The Fonz somehow does not consider that Selande's "tone" was part of her character, while at the same time The Fonz uses a very strong "tone" with his character. Playing a character without thinking that
other
people may just be playing their character seems rather unreasoned.

4.)
He saves his physical description until after his Selande-vote; the operative word in his second post for me is "apparently", which suggests to me that he just noticed this requirement (I would like an elaboration on this from The Fonz). Since MoS requiring descriptions came before Selande's vote, this strikes me as a little backwards for somebody reading through the thread.

5.)
Note for later: If Kinetic [Eldred Hurst] turns out to be scum, then remember his thought that Selande was soft-claiming. Scum are much more likely to sense soft "Cop-claims" on their partners precisely because they are going to be on the lookout for them.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Petrol, I am eagerly awaiting Fylbrigg's backstory written by yourself. ie: how you've gotten with us.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Eldred sensed the room beginning to enter a rhythm, one that was not entirely unfamiliar to him.

"Aye... so long ago..."
he thought.

Coming back to reality, Eldred looked around and the bartender had placed a shot of something that looked like tar, and a tall glass of warm beer on the bar before steping back and leaning against the wall. Eldred nodded, pulled out a coin, and placed it on the bar. He slid the beer down the bar, and it came to a rest near Hiram.

"
I believe that is yours.
"

Eldred took his single sip in one quick snap. The liquid fire might have had more of an effect on him had it been after he slept, but by this point it only tingled down. But it did have the effect of forcing Hurst to notice two things. First, his stomach was empty, and second, very few others were drinking in the room.

Eldred shook his jacket, and a bit of dusty dirt filled the air.

"
Alright, Hiram, you don't look like you're from around these parts. What say you tell us a little about yourself?
"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”