Newbie 470: Trouble at Mount Excitement - Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malrokin
Malrokin
Townie
Malrokin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Post by Malrokin »

yeargh, I just wanted to put some pressure on ShadowLurker, not lynch him.
unvote

vote Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:36 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Hi. Why?
Permanent V/LA.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:28 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:May I ask why?
Yes.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Yeah... a random vote for me even after I have been quite active in what has been going on. I feel that he must have a reason by now or he would have changed it. So basically I'm just adding that little bit of pressure. I would unvote him, but I think I will wait for his answer......
Your activeness hasn't been helpful.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Hmmm....so it seems I (and some others) have cought myself playing the "I'm gonna play cute so people will think I'm harmless and innocent" card which is generally reserved for scum.

Hmmmm......I guess that kind of sucks for me.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

What was the point of that last post?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by Charms86 »

Happiest Sadist wrote:
Mastermind of Sin,
what did I do that was scummy? If its important enough to change your vote, it should be important enough to tell us.
I agree. Mastermind of Sin should have told us why he thought Happiest Sadist was so scummy.

For this reason I shall change my vote:

Unvote: ShadowLurker

Vote: Mastermind of Sin

I'm not sure what to make of Dark Lady's last comments. She's either not scum and is making that clear here, or she is scum and is taking the whole feigning innocence thing to the next level.

I'll assume she's innocent for now though.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:56 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

The Even More Excitinger Vote Count!

Malrokin (1: Joubert)
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (2: ShadowLurker, Happiest Sadist)
Happiest Sadist (1: Mastermind of Sin)
ShadowLurker (1: Dark_Lady_Shaiann)
Mastermind of Sin (2: Malrokin, Charms86)

With
alive, it's
votes to lynch!
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Happiest Sadist wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d7 (STATIC)
1 7-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

I don't believe you are being honest in the method of your random generation. I don't believe you would have voted for yourself had you rolled a 6.
This post is a pointless attack on me, and could possibly be construed as a joke, something that scum are more likely to do early in games. It was worth a vote this early in the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Malrokin
Malrokin
Townie
Malrokin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Malrokin »

unvote

Thank you for answering his question and explaining your vote.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Charms, can you explain what you are saying about Dark Lady? What you said doesn't make any sense. Everyone in the game is going to tell us that they are innocent. That doesn't mean they ARE innocent. What you just did was list us the only two possibilities (she's scum, or she isn't) and acted like you were actually saying something that mattered, something that contributed to the game.

Also, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it is safe to assume her innocent for now. You haven't explained why she would be more likely to say something like that as town than scum. Personally, I think what she said was actually more scummy than town, because the scum have a lot more need to make us believe they are protown.

Unvote, Vote: Charms

I'm seeing a possible Dark Lady/Charms scumgroup here.
Permanent V/LA.
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Charms86 »

I'm on the fence about Dark Lady because her actions do seem a little suspicious, but at the same time I can understand why an accused innocent person would be defensive too. I was merely putting my thoughts out there.

Thanks for posting your reason for your Happiest Sadist vote, however, I'm still not quite convinced. Anyone can and will make jokes, I don't think that necessarily makes you scum.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:50 pm

I have found it quite difficult to pinpoint scummy actions........ If you're too much of something you are scummy and then if you are too little of something you are still scummy.

Example:

I talk too much = I'm scummy

(In my last game) I don't talk enough = I'm scummy

If I talk just that right amount = (some how through twisted logic in a paranoid mind) I'm just as scummy

Once some one makes any type of impression on you, you will immediatly be suspicious of them. So....where is the median? How do you really ever know what true scum behavior is?

Sure, there are a few action that are blatently obvious, but they happen very sparsly, if your lucky, and smart enough to catch them.

The point is.....I understand how I must look to you all, and I understand how I look scummy and I also know there isn't anything I can say about myself to change it. If you honestly believe I'm scum, there isn't really much I can do about it, untill some one does something more scummy than me.......
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:57 pm

PS

Why do you think Charms and I are mafia together?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:57 am

You read people based on how you think they will act. You figure out how people will act by looking at past games they've played in and comparing it to the current game.

I just explained why I think you two are mafia. Charms' scummy actions regarding you seem like an interaction between scumbuddies.
Permanent V/LA.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:31 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I have found it quite difficult to pinpoint scummy actions........ If you're too much of something you are scummy and then if you are too little of something you are still scummy.

Example:

I talk too much = I'm scummy

(In my last game) I don't talk enough = I'm scummy

If I talk just that right amount = (some how through twisted logic in a paranoid mind) I'm just as scummy

Once some one makes any type of impression on you, you will immediatly be suspicious of them. So....where is the median? How do you really ever know what true scum behavior is?

Sure, there are a few action that are blatently obvious, but they happen very sparsly, if your lucky, and smart enough to catch them.

The point is.....I understand how I must look to you all, and I understand how I look scummy and I also know there isn't anything I can say about myself to change it. If you honestly believe I'm scum, there isn't really much I can do about it, untill some one does something more scummy than me.......
Um... maybe you should stop oversimplifying things and read the reasons people are voting you? Everything you say and do should have a purpose and motivation, if you can't explain that when asked in a protown manner, then yeah, I'd have to say you're probably scum.

Is this last game ongoing by the way? If so I would not talk about it. If it isn't, may I have a link?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:40 pm

Um... maybe you should stop oversimplifying things and read the reasons people are voting you?
Yeah...the sad part is that you never gave me a specific reason as to why you voted me....unless it's that you think I'm trying too hard..... which you still didn't really explain. I came to that realization on my own.

The other reason I was voted was becuase I voted for you.......something about that doesn't sound right.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Personally, I think what she said was actually more scummy than town, because the scum have a lot more need to make us believe they are protown.
I don't really think thats true. I think the person who most wants you to believe that they are protown would be a cop or a doctor, because if you lynch them first....well bye bye town folks...
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:46 pm

Is this last game ongoing by the way? If so I would not talk about it. If it isn't, may I have a link?
If it was ongoing, my post would have been edited. And you can find it through my past posts or whatever the Hell it's called.

I was only really quiet in the begining, but I got pretty active pretty quickly.

And I guess that is enough out of me for the time being......
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

Charms86 wrote:I'm on the fence about Dark Lady because her actions do seem a little suspicious, but at the same time I can understand why an accused innocent person would be defensive too. I was merely putting my thoughts out there.

Thanks for posting your reason for your Happiest Sadist vote, however, I'm still not quite convinced. Anyone can and will make jokes, I don't think that necessarily makes you scum.
FOS:Charms

Way to damn me with faint praise there. The form of your argument is a defense. But by saying I'm not necessarily scum you are suggesting that I most likely am in the subtext.

Whereas when dealing with Dark Lady you deal with her suspicions by admitting it is suspicious but an innocent person would act like she did. In the text you are merely stating that we aren't sure she is scum. However the subtext is that she is certainly innocent and just made a mistake.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:07 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Personally, I think what she said was actually more scummy than town, because the scum have a lot more need to make us believe they are protown.
I don't really think thats true. I think the person who most wants you to believe that they are protown would be a cop or a doctor, because if you lynch them first....well bye bye town folks...
Town can easily win if the doc or cop dies, it's just like any other game where you don't even have a doc or a cop. The doc/cop shouldn't expose themselves by trying to prove themselves more protown than any townie would. The scum are the ones who are actually not protown, so they have the most need to seem protown. The cop/doc have claims to fall back on. Well, mostly the cop, because I'm not entirely convinced that a doctor should claim under pressure, but that's debatable. It depends on if they think they can live without claiming doc. *shrug*

I agree with HS's post, so my vote on Charms is staying.
Permanent V/LA.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Wait....I'm confused.
The cop/doc have claims to fall back on. Well, mostly the cop, because I'm not entirely convinced that a doctor should claim under pressure, but that's debatable. It depends on if they think they can live without claiming doc.

What exactly do you mean by 'claims'?

PS-I'm asking a genuin question. This is my second game afterall.....
Charms86
Charms86
Townie
Charms86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by Charms86 »

Happiest Sadist wrote:
Charms86 wrote:I'm on the fence about Dark Lady because her actions do seem a little suspicious, but at the same time I can understand why an accused innocent person would be defensive too. I was merely putting my thoughts out there.

FOS:Charms

Way to damn me with faint praise there. The form of your argument is a defense. But by saying I'm not necessarily scum you are suggesting that I most likely am in the subtext.

Whereas when dealing with Dark Lady you deal with her suspicions by admitting it is suspicious but an innocent person would act like she did. In the text you are merely stating that we aren't sure she is scum. However the subtext is that she is certainly innocent and just made a mistake.
I'm becoming amazed at how complex this game is and am very intrigued by all the "subtext" found in my actions...

I explained why I posted the wishywashy post regarding Dark Lady and I've learned now that it was probably silly of me to be stating the obvious.

In regards to damning you with faint praise...Was it the word "necessarily" you didn't like? Maybe it was a poor word choice on my part, but I really fail to see how I'm making it look as if you are "most likely" scum here.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by Joubert »

What exactly do you mean by 'claims'?
Claiming usually refers to when you reveal your role...
See Roleclaim in the Wiki...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:23 am

thanks for that, Joubert.
Permanent V/LA.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Oh, I see. The only reason why I asked is becuase I thought we weren't really allowed to do that, but I understand now.

We had some one in my last game do that like constantly.....it was really annoying....and scummy as far as I was concerned.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”