cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 am

Post by cruelty »

RVS over already??? Gonna have mine anyway.

vote: hoopla

And on that same subject..
hoopla wrote: cruelty; is it okay to skim wall of text posts?

Yes.

90% of content in wall posts is useless filler used to make the critical 10% seem important. Just gotta make sure you find the chocolate centre.

I think the 'joke' + subsequent defensive posts are interesting but not damning at this point. Worth pulling the thread though, I'll look into it a little later, pressed for time right now.
the nexus of the crisis
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 am

Post by angelmouse »

Col.Cathart wrote:
And how is it related in any way with the fact, he called wagon on Hito 'early
mislynch
'?
I can see what you mean, now. i missed the fact it was mislunch and not lynch. I still feel you acted strongly so early on.
a) It's called 'getting us out from RVS', and there's nothing strange with it
there had been little to no RV, but its got the coversation started so thats good.

b) FoSing instead of voting at the point when you don't have any other suspect mentioned, and no vote is gonna kill instantly anyone? Now THAT'S a strange play.
not really seeing as I don't find you overly scummy yet, just interested in keeping an eye on you. Jumping the gun isn't always a scum tell, you could be an eager town so hence no vote. I tend to vote on the person i see as the scummiest at the time. The game had barely started and some people hadn't even posted yet, so for me, its too premature for a serious vote

c) Please refer to me as Col.Cathart or other more common abbreviations like CC, Col.C, Cathart, Colonel etc. instead of this abomination you just used :P
So sorry for that. i used my phone to type the last post and the stupid keyboard tries to guess what you are typing and my proof checking obviously sucks. You will be Col.C for me from now on, well if i train my phone that is!

RedCoyote wrote: This seems... off. This seems borderline defensive of The Tracker rather than just a general disagreement.

Like, I would've thought nothing of this post if it was just the first two sentences, but the last part of the post sticks out to me. It's one thing for angel and the Colonel have completely different early game philosophies, but to speak for The Tracker like angel is doing here could point to treesaw defending or possibly buddying?

angel, if not for something he suspects, what else would you rather the Colonel vote on?
I wasn't defending tracker, i just read it as a joke and thought it strange that Col.C had read into it so harshly and voted on it. I haven't said anything in defence of tracker anyway, more just my interpretation of it. I think mislynch is the wrong word and a slip up, but is a scum slip up, I don't know yet, more time required to work that out. I agree that voting on something he suspects is def the best play, but it was flimsy reasoning in my opinion. We had barely entered RV stage and im all for getting out of it quickly, but to find someone scummy on their first post and put a serious vote on it is strange and something to mention and watch. I might be wrong in my game theory, but i like to get a flavour for everyone and the way they are playing. Hats off to it though, game has properly started.
quagmire wrote: hi im here
nothing to say?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hoopla wrote: Nachomamma; do you know what the Saudi Gazette is?
I didn't when I first read that question. Google tells me it's an English-speaking newspaper printed in Saudi Arabia.

Vote: The Tracker

He's overreacting to the small amount of pressure on him. So I want to see what happens if there's just a little more.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

angelmouse [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2056957#2056957]52[/url] wrote:
I can see what you mean, now. i missed the fact it was
mislunch
and not lynch. I still feel you acted strongly so early on.
Mod: please rename thread to 'Mini 909: Hilarious Typo Mafia'
:D
nothing to say?
+1
Nachomamma8 wrote: Vote: The Tracker

He's overreacting to the small amount of pressure on him. So I want to see what happens if there's just a little more.
Protip: Pressure voting doesn't work if you call it pressure voting.

Additionally,
unvote, vote: quagmire
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hoopla wrote: Nachomamma; do you know what the Saudi Gazette is?
I didn't when I first read that question. Google tells me it's an English-speaking newspaper printed in Saudi Arabia.

Vote: The Tracker

I have nothing more to say at the moment, good sir.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Hoopla »

cruelty wrote:
Yes.

90% of content in wall posts is useless filler used to make the critical 10% seem important. Just gotta make sure you find the chocolate centre.
How are you going to find the chocolate center by skimming?
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Umm, I know I said that unvoting wasn't required, but please try not to unvote votes that were never there in the first place (Cyberbob, I'm looking at you) or unvote and then vote the same person again (hitogoroshi, I'm looking at you) - it makes me think I counted wrong when I actually haven't. This is my first time modding, don't give me heart attacks guys. =P

By the way sorry if I'm absent for longer-than-ideal periods of time, I won't have too many chances to access the computer this week.

Vote Count

The Tracker (4)
Flareonage, Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (2)
RedCoyote, Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker
Quagmire (1)
hitogoroshi
Hoopla (1)
cruelty

Not Voting (3)
Hoopla, angelmouse, Quagmire

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla, are you going to offer any opinions of your own on the actual game? All you've had to offer so far has been questions that either belong in MD or are totally irrelevant (thinking of that question about the Saudi Gazette).
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oh, sorry mod! I totally forgot I was already voting quagmire because I keep my RVS-votes and real votes in separate parts of my head.

Also,
mod: you have mindgamer instead of quagmire in the 'not voting' block.
You saw nothing. >_> -
Cruciare

Cyberbob [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057818#2057818]58[/url] wrote:Hoopla, are you going to offer any opinions of your own on the actual game? All you've had to offer so far has been questions that either belong in MD or are totally irrelevant (thinking of that question about the Saudi Gazette).
At first I chalked it up to a different way to RVS but the more it keeps happening the more I agree with you. Hey Hoopla, you can have a period instead of a question mark at the end of your sentences. Trust me, it'll survive even without the squiggly hat.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Cyberbob wrote:Hoopla, are you going to offer any opinions of your own on the actual game? All you've had to offer so far has been questions that either belong in MD or are totally irrelevant (thinking of that question about the Saudi Gazette).
I like understanding the general philosophy of player's approaches to the game - I think this can serve to eliminate misunderstandings later on, rather than superimposing my own thought process on to what other people say, and assuming they think similarly to me.

Do you want me to analyse the game so far? :roll:
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by cruelty »

Hoopla wrote:
cruelty wrote:
Yes.

How are you going to find the chocolate center by skimming?

you read the inevitable summary at the bottom, then skim read to find out if there's anything else of importance.
the nexus of the crisis
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mindgamer 44 wrote:Well, about everything else I'd say. Please tell me why you think a joke, in particular one in RVS, can be a strong scumtell.
Everything else? So nothing done during the RVS can be scummy? I don't understand; Can you provide me with specific behavior that was more worth discussing?

I never said anything about a "strong scumtell", and The Tracker himself has said calling the comment a joke is inaccurate. I'm less concerned with The Tracker or what he said and more concerned with you and angel coming to bat for him.

---
angel 33 wrote:surely it was a joke.
angel 52 wrote:i just read it as a joke
angel 52 wrote:I think mislynch is the wrong word and a slip up, but is a scum slip up, I don't know yet, more time required to work that out
This sounds to me like you are covering all your bases and backpedaling a bit.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 am

Post by The Tracker »

Meh, angel could be the 'protect everyone' sort of person. Not that I can't fight my own battles, but I'm not seeing her as scummy at the moment. Just someone to keep an eye on.

Not a fan of hoopla's hivemind mentality. Going to watch that one, too.

Not a strong scumtell, the votes were for pressure, really. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get lynched on page three, so I'm not that worried about one or two votes.

And if someone's wondering about the backlash to hito, that's just how I roll.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Just wrote one exam, and I have another 2 during the next three days. Consider this as a
V/LA until Thursday
, because it's unlikely I'll have even a little shred of attention away from studying... ~^
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

The Tracker wrote: Not a fan of hoopla's hivemind mentality. Going to watch that one, too.
What does this mean?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla wrote:I like understanding the general philosophy of player's approaches to the game - I think this can serve to eliminate misunderstandings later on, rather than superimposing my own thought process on to what other people say, and assuming they think similarly to me.
So uh what general philosophy did the answer to your Saudi Gazette question reveal?
Hoopla wrote:Do you want me to analyse the game so far? :roll:
I'd like you to make a genuine stab at it, yeah. If we all just sit around throwing our hands up at the lack of information or the poor quality of the discourse then the town isn't going to get anywhere.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 am

Post by The Tracker »

Hoopla wrote:
The Tracker wrote: Not a fan of hoopla's hivemind mentality. Going to watch that one, too.
What does this mean?
Translation: Wishes hoopla had more of her own ideas.

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Quagmire »

angelmouse wrote:
nothing to say?
No not really, I don't see any scumtells yet.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Flareonage »

hitogoroshi wrote: Protip: Pressure voting doesn't work if you call it pressure voting.
QFT
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm used to games moving quicker than this. I don't think there is a heavy poster in the lot of us.

Flareon & Quagmire, y'all really have nothing to add right now?

I'll go ahead and
unvote
now.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 am

Post by The Tracker »

I psted a lot in my other games but I was also unemployed and on winter break at the time. *Shrug* Another read through today after class i guess.

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 am

Post by angelmouse »

I'm not what you would class as a heavy poster, but I do dislike a game slowing down and discussion dying as it allows time to pass till the deadline. I have little to nothing to say since my last post though.
Quagmire wrote:
No not really, I don't see any scumtells yet.
surely you have some sort of comment even if it's not scum tells, even a flavour for the game? Saying nothing is hardly helpful.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

Cyberbob wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Do you want me to analyse the game so far? :roll:
I'd like you to make a genuine stab at it, yeah. If we all just sit around throwing our hands up at the lack of information or the poor quality of the discourse then the town isn't going to get anywhere.
I'm not bemoaning the lack of information so far - I'm criticising the criticism I'm receiving for asking theory questions instead of submitting myself into the role of arguing about nothing.

So my stance on the only real event in the game so far (the alleged scumslip), is that it is not a slip and I do not find the participants in that back-and-forth suspicious.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Mindgamer »

RedCoyote wrote:
Mindgamer 44 wrote:Well, about everything else I'd say. Please tell me why you think a joke, in particular one in RVS, can be a strong scumtell.
Everything else? So nothing done during the RVS can be scummy? I don't understand; Can you provide me with specific behavior that was more worth discussing?
I see the RVS as a PreGame phase where everyone can make a funny remark without having to put their serious faces on. You could get out of the RVS by asking questions, talking about the meta of players et cetera. That's what you should do if you want to start a serious discussion, not attacking a RVS joke.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”