RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 447 wrote:What trance is that, mister?
Your tunnel, your blinders, your unhealthy obsession with me and the wagon you've constructed on my behalf. You're absolutely deadlocked here, to the point where you're no longer even speaking to me.
Hoopla 448 wrote:it's more a genuine inkling that his response to the Quagmire wagon is fabricated
In other words, intuition.
Hoopla 449 wrote:[RC] then never contributes to any other major wagon
Okay, let's get real here. I pushed genuinely hard on Flare, and it was the town that didn't give me the time of day, not the other way around. I tried very hard to make my wagon appeal to the town, but no one bit. You can't sit here and say I'm not contributing my suspicions to the game. To be honest, I was only lukewarm to The Tracker wagon to begin with. The reason why I wasn't pushing The Tracker wagon with any ferocity is because, well, I didn't think it was the best wagon out there. So why should I push it?
Hoopla 449 wrote:I was surprised how little interaction he with The Tracker considering his mantra for wanting competing wagons.
Because The Tracker was not my choice for the alternative wagon. I don't think Flare was ever sufficently pressured for his blantant scumtells. If you want to really take it back, I think my willingness to rank Tracker as a kind of middle of the road choice goes all the way back to post 62, where I pushed on Mindgamer and angel for their spontaneous defense of The Tracker, rather than The Tracker himself.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 am

Post by The Tracker »

EdFrost wrote:
The Tracker wrote:I read your posts, bro. And that last part where I explain one of my rules is just a rule I play by. That explains why I don't vote so much right off the bat.

I don't have anything of much import to say on either you or cruelty as of now.
I'm more concerned with Mindgamer being presented with the necktie at this point in time.
I would also like to ask why you are so
eager
for the lynch to happen soon. There's nothing wrong with wanting a lynch, but you saying that it's your
main concern
and not really giving much input elsewhere gives me bad feelings.

There's still things to be discussed and analyzed, ranging from people determining what they think about this player slot with the replacing in to the defenses/cases put forth that are still going on.

Mindgamer may be the favorite to lynch (I agree that mindgamer is scummy), but that shouldn't maintain sole focus when there are other things to consider as well.

~ F
I was simply saying that Mindgamer was my choice lynch for the day. I never said I wanted it to happen quickly. Don't put words in my mouth, friendo.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote:
Hoopla 447 wrote:What trance is that, mister?
Your tunnel, your blinders, your unhealthy obsession with me and the wagon you've constructed on my behalf. You're absolutely deadlocked here, to the point where you're no longer even speaking to me.
Are you angry at me? :(

Hey, how do you feel about Flare now, compared to Day 1?
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EdFrost »

EdFrost wrote:
The Tracker wrote:
It didn't. I started the day the same way I start all day phases.
And how do you start all day phases?

Why do you have a consistent 'starting day phases' plan?

I would also like to point out that you didn't respond to RC when he asked you
why you didn't bring up who you investigated

Do so now, please.

~ F
RAWR
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by The Tracker »

I look at the votes and nightkills then post what I think.

Because I like being consistent?

I did. I explicitly stated I didn't see the point in saying Mindgamer isn't the serial killer.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 5 days and 7 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (4)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8, The Tracker
RedCoyote (2)
cruelty, Hoopla
The Tracker (1)
EdFrost
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (1)
Mindgamer

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Since mindgamer has been scummy from the get go (offering up an unneeded defense of tracker) throughout the midgame (believing a claim due to "rareness") and currently (voting a "believed" *power role* at the beginning of the day, discouraging setup speculation and the amazing Wall of no Analysis (tm) vote count), I believe that we have our lynch for today.

Unvote
Vote: Mindgamer
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I would also like to point out that Mindgamer is at L-1

This is to ensure no "accidental" hammers... :roll:

~ F
RAWR
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ed, what happened to post 446? Couldn't find any alternatives you liked?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Well, Tracker was questioned, nothing mindgamer says anymore will really matter, watching what hoopla and Red have to say to each other, and not especially pleased with the fact that other people aren't chiming in as much to question them.

What do you think of Hoopla vs. Red?
RAWR
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Mod I would like to replace out
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 452 wrote:Are you angry at me? :(

Hey, how do you feel about Flare now, compared to Day 1?
Of course not. At least, I'm not mad at the real Hoopla. I think the Nice'n'Fun Hoopla has been shirking her duties as a supposed townie. I think there is a group of people who need more from you than, "RC lynch, yum yum!" It's great if I flip scum for you, but what if I flip town?

I think post 334 is still accurate in regards to how I see Flare now. If I'm wrong about a read, it's probably how I read him as scum. But I still think it's worth lynching Flare to find it out for sure.

If he's getting replaced then I'm willing to back off on that a bit.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote: Of course not. At least, I'm not mad at the real Hoopla. I think the Nice'n'Fun Hoopla has been shirking her duties as a supposed townie. I think there is a group of people who need more from you than, "RC lynch, yum yum!" It's great if I flip scum for you, but what if I flip town?
I'm dazzled by this statement about people wanting more from me. I've gotten that a lot recently, and I don't know why. I'm not making excuses for anything, but why are my duties higher than other players? My position on almost every player is known - I think I've contributed more than a lot of players here. I've been a little preoccupied with you, sure, but I don't want to let you slip away.

If you flip scum I look like a genius, and if you flip town, well I hope the town can see sincerity in my attacks.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hoopla wrote:If you flip scum I look like a genius, and if you flip town, well I hope the town can see sincerity in my attacks.
I don't understand this line as fully as I would like to. Specifically the first part of it, where you'll look like a genius if RC flips scum.

That implies to me that you think he's subliminally scummy; but there's not really much there that says he's scummy at all. It's like a twist on a too-townie; but not exactly.

The way I read the game right now is that I think you {Hoopla} are jumping at shadows and I think that your investigation would be better served elsewhere.

Yes, defending Quagmire would be an easy way to gain town cred after the flip. However, attacking him for a playstyle is an easy cover for scum too. Why focus on one more than the other? Wouldn't the people who did lynch him receive more blame for actually lynching him and whiting out the town with arguments about something non-game related be scummier than somebody who saw what was happening?
RAWR
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

L-1? Roleclaim time I guess.
Vanilla Townie

I'm probably going to be lynched at this point in time (lynching Day 1 because someone is not reading his role PM and lynching Day 2 because someone is smokescreening. Wow, amazing townplay here), but that won't stop me from posting some last bits.

EdFrost.

ISO 11: Mindgamer may be the favorite to lynch (I agree that mindgamer is scummy), but that shouldn't maintain sole focus when there are other things to consider as well.

EdFrost states here that I'm a good lynch candidate, but tries to convince the other players that other important things should be considered before the lynch. He doesn't say what those things are.

ISO 13: Since mindgamer has been scummy from the get go (offering up an unneeded defense of tracker) throughout the midgame (believing a claim due to "rareness") and currently (voting a "believed" *power role* at the beginning of the day, discouraging setup speculation and the amazing Wall of no Analysis (tm) vote count), I believe that we have our lynch for today.

Wow, complete 180. Why should we discuss any further? I'm scummy so my lynch is all we need for the rest of the day. What happened to those 'other things to consider'?

ISO 15: Well, Tracker was questioned, nothing mindgamer says anymore will really matter, watching what hoopla and Red have to say to each other, and not especially pleased with the fact that other people aren't chiming in as much to question them.

Ah, so those are the 'other things to consider'. A question to Tracker (EdFrost is apparently satisfied with a completely useless result. He delayed his vote for 'don't twist mah words!'?) and watching Hoopla vs RedCoyote. Yeah, really important stuff.

Take a look at this tomorrow if you decide to lynch me before this can be discussed.

And a question:
Wouldn't the people who did lynch him receive more blame for actually lynching him and whiting out the town with arguments about something non-game related be scummier than somebody who saw what was happening?

This seems like a rhetorical question, though I disagree. In the case of a policy lynch, everyone who did nothing to stop the Quagmire lynch is just as guilty as those who voted for him. Why would those who voted for him be the ones to blame when Quagmire flipped town? Would they also be the heroes if Quagmire flipped scum? Explain your logic.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I was interested in Hoopla's responding as I side more with RC in their debate. That's important as well as my own questioning. What's your point?

Finally, to the question: Quag DIDN'T turn scum, he turned town. That's the point. He was a townie and his playstyle made it easy for anybody on the wagon to be "justified" in their vote. However, Hoopla is criticizing somebody off the wagon who was rather strong in his stance that Quag was not the correct lynch for the day. Therefore your point about "everyone who did nothing to stop the Quag lynch" is pointless as well.

Fail attempt at trying to tie yourself to me. Unless the rest of you talkative *cough cough* people have anything else to say, can we just lynch him now?
RAWR
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Faraday replaces Flareonage as soon as he posts. Nachomamma8 will be absent for a really long time, so he will be replaced as well.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hi. Can someone please summarise the case on Mindgamer?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

I've read most of the thread. It's 1:40am here though, but I'll try have something up in a little while. obviously no one be a prick and hammer, plz.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vote RedCoyote
- top suspect atm. Will get content up tomorrow. Need sleep.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

You made the right decision.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 462 wrote:why are my duties higher than other players? My position on almost every player is known - I think I've contributed more than a lot of players here.
Not lately you haven't. Eight of your last nine posts have been exclusively about me and my wagon. Many of them in the vein of, "What the hell, let's just wagon RC." I don't think I'm asking anymore more of you than anyone else, if AGar was stuck on me the way you are I'd be pushing him just as much.

---
EdFrost 463 wrote:Wouldn't the people who did lynch him receive more blame for actually lynching him and whiting out the town with arguments about something non-game related be scummier than somebody who saw what was happening?
I agree with this, and it's partially why I am voting cruelty.

---
Mindgamer 464 wrote:but that won't stop me from posting some last bits.
I certainly hope not. Now is the time to tells us who the mafia really are, from your point of view. Let it all out.

---
Faraday 467 wrote:Can someone please summarise the case on Mindgamer?
He was very defensive D1, and as D2 began he was out for a quick lynch of the player who had claimed FBI Agent the day before.

When he was criticized for the vote, he immediately unvoted, and then got very upset as the wagon on him grew.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by cruelty »

RC wrote:I agree with this, and it's partially why I am voting cruelty.
As far as I can tell that's the only reason..
the nexus of the crisis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by Faraday »

Top Suspects:

Redcoyote:

His early play and questioning is actually reasonable enough but I start to dislike him once the Quag wagon starts.

I really don’t like the way he approached the Quagmire wagon. I get the impression throughout it he hadn’t considerered Quagmire scum. His Iso 9 (165) is a good example of where it starts to look scummy. Vague accusations at no one in particular are pointless, either name people or don’t say anything as far as I’m concerned.

Then 186 is as bad. Calling it a smokescreen is not true. The wagon is quite informative in many ways. No different than any other wagon.

Cyberbob’s next post makes a good point in that really you’ve had nothing to do with it in the first place. Doesn’t look like bussing though. Seems more like white knighting to me. Completely ignoring any possibility that Quag is scum is not something town would do. You’re scum who knew this was a mislynch and tried to get as many town points by not being involved/defending it as you could.

He pretty much defends against the wago the whole day then jumps on at the end (maybe for valid reasons, but w/e).

Starts off with a vote on cruelty. Cruely seems fairly town to me. This is mostly based on some meta (although an ongoing game could have an effect on this) and just the fact I think he’s playing quite openly and town like.

There’s not really a whole lot else either way from the rest of his play that gives me much on his alignment. He’s been poking around and stuff.

I’d say my second suspect is Angelmouse.

The whole Joke thing, and jumping in at the defense. It’s bad play to interrupt like that and it’s also quite scummy I find. Let people answer questions asked of them.

Says she tends to vote for the person she sees as scummiest yet only fos’d cathart. This was actually in explanation to her FOS too which is odd. The ‘OH TOO EARLY’ stuff

Her iso 3 is sorta hypocritical. Asks if quag has anything else to say when, wait for it..’I have little or nothing to say since my last post though’

Her 6th post of the game and ‘catch up’ is FULL OF CREAMY GOODNESS. And by creamy I mean scummeh. She’s basically ot neutral reads on welp everyone. Has a couple of maybe/maybe nots and one scummy-ish read who she votes for.
Add to that general lurkiness and not providing a lot and I think she’s a good lynch candidate also.

Other general thoughts so far:
Agar looks a possible good bet for the 3rd scum.
Nacho and Hito are like really neutral for me atm. I’ve very little read on them either way, and I couldn’t tell you much of their play either. Eh, which is fine for the moment. They’re posting at least.
Hoopla’s miller claim is believable as are her reasons for claiming miller hood. I’m not entirely convinced it’s a ‘gimmick power roles that don’t fit set-up’ but it’s definitely possible so the FBI agent and and miller would fit.
Tracker’s claim is fairly believable and I think he’s town.

Agar how many non newbie games have you played? Have you ever encountered a miller before?

Was what I had last night. Couple more things to say now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by Faraday »

The Mindgamer wagon doesn't really interest me. I agree his play has been quite odd but. Being defensive is not a scum tell.

I also don't see how being upset as the wagon grew is something that's more likely to come from scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”