MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well it wouldn't be a Faraday ASOFAI game without a scum win - disappointed I wasn't able to continue my winning streak!

Congrats to Stannis for making it a fourth straight Large Theme scum win by yet another faction.

Thanks for the game Faraday!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cause Faraday roots for them!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Faraday »

I do like Stannis best, it's true.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oh hey. Game over. And we won!

Now why don't feel like I earned it? Must have something to do with being dead too long. But at least this was better than the time I won because the town tried to lynch a treestump three times.

Some things I would like to point out...

It is true that I don't slip often, and I did not slip here either. What happened here was that I wrote a post as I would as town, caught the supposed slip before posting, but decided not to censor myself because as town I would not. I did severely underestimate the backlash I got for that though. The reasoning I gave afterwards was genuine too, since I had thought that before even receiving my role.

Curiously, some of the things I said about my partners were also genuine, even though I should have known who they were. I say should, because during a moment of confusion on day one I
forgot
. I blame the fact that I had no access to a QuickTopic with them to remind me, and with too many players talking I lost track of who my allies were. For some time I wondered if perhaps Tammy was Melisandre, and therefore the town read I gave Pandora was quite real. As for DCLXVI, my negative reaction to his entrance was also real. I was some pages behind at the time, and checked the last page before starting to read - I did not know yet that redFF had replaced out, or that DCLXVI had taken his slot. The only ally I never lost track of was Stannis. I don't think I could forget *spreads arms wide* if I tried.

I did not actively read the thread after my death, but I did skim it from time to time, enough to see that whether or not I had known my allies was discussed. I explained it in more detail in the dead thread, but the hint I gave to kortul was real, and had you interpreted it correctly it would have told you that I knew my allies and they knew me. In fact they did not, but at the time I thought they did. Therefore the hint was true, as was everything else I said after being caught. Of course you did not believe me, as I knew no one would.
There is no WIFOM like the truth.

One last thing, I was frustrated by the reason I was lynched. It seemed as if I was suspected for focusing on Starbuck and company, and in a twisted mockery of common sense, for not focusing on Starbuck
enough
. I did in fact believe she was Aegon, and bvoigt speaking in her defense had completely convinced me. It was maddening to be told that I would have found more reasons to attack her if I was town, when I had in fact given it my best effort.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 4377, Faraday wrote:I do like
Stannis
Magua best, it's true.

For the fact, yes.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Damn I realise now that I should have shot Pandora; that would have given town a chance at least! D:
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 4362, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 4360, Plessiez wrote:
Did you kill us on night 2, Stannis people, or was that Aegon? Thanks to whoever did, I guess (fun fact: despite having multiple living scum in our "strong scum" tier when we died, I somehow managed to pick 0 out of 4 scum when Faraday asked for final guesses before spoiling me :oops:). Zar's reads were pretty good though, and it was fun to hydra with him.

That was us. Looking back it was Quilly's idea because you were asking him questions, and we answer questions with lead. B|

Yeah no questions please. /toolazy
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 4373, AurorusVox wrote:Okay guys, can I just apologise for some of my abysmal play in this game. I went through what I have since realised was a bout of depression IRL, and every time I looked at the game I just couldn't muster the effort to read it (all my past hobbies no longer interested me, not just mafia...) But then the thought of replacing me out made me feel even worse, so I tried my best to keep afloat. When I got "confTown" based on role I tried to just let that keep me in the game.

PS Magua I don't think I ever read your alignment right.

Yea...RL depression is a large part of why I replaced out. My face-off with Regfan couldn't have come at a worse time for me, I had literally been dumped like 2 days before I ended up replacing out. So yea, that sucked. Thanks for filling in for me, buddy.

You're welcome for being "confTown"...I was trying to set that up from the very beginning. :D I saw some of the debate going on in thread over why I would have done something like that.

I was hoping that the other half of our team would kill Shadow N1, so I rolestopped to prevent him from being protected, and then made up a fake role that claimed my rolestop also stopped kills (which it totally didn't). I thought it was a pretty good plan, too bad I wasn't in the frame of mind to finish out the game. I felt like our team was pretty gimped from the beginning anyway, though. It kinda felt like I was the only one who really had a chance by the end of Day 1. :/
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”