Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by N »

areola
noun
1. a ring of color, as around the human nipple.
2. a small interstice, as between the fibers of connective tissue.

Vote Count 2.03
toolenduso
(0)
The Betting Pool
(0)
Rubicon
(0)
mnemonicdevice
(0)
Jargonaut
(0)
Dunhamganger
(2)
Egg, Rubicon
MTD
(0)
T S O
(0)
Riptide
(2)
Burning_Earth, Jargonaut
Burning_Earth
(1) toolenduso
Egg
(0)

Not Voting
(6) The Betting Pool, mnemonicdevice, Dunhamganger, MTD, T S O, Riptide

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-05-11 23:11:32)

Prodding mnemonicdevice
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 am

Post by T S O »

I don't think that post is actually particularly bad - it's one of Cho's best posts, Burning_Earth.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:@Tool: I'm referring to the first and second posts of mine that you quoted in your reads list.
OK, so to recap, you're saying if you wanted to unvote you would have just done it in that first post I quoted where you said you were retracting the meta part of your argument.

Fair enough, but that's exactly what makes me suspicious. Why wouldn't you have just unvoted then?
In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:Where is the logic behind me waiting to unvote TSO so that I can vote someone else, but then not :idea: actually knowing who to vote? Doesn't the idea of me wanting to vote someone else imply that I have someone else in mind to vote?
No, because scum have no genuine town motivation behind voting for somebody. So it would make sense for scum to want to vote for somebody else but not be sure who.

The fact that you don't seem to understand that actually makes me feel a little better about your slot though because it suggests you don't understand how scum would see things. Not enough to make you a townread, but it makes you a little less suspicious.

It would be helpful for me if I could see your scum games. Could you provide links?
In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:This while scenario is convoluted, and it seems like you are just trying to make something seem scummy when it isn't.
You're getting bogged down in the fringes of what I said. The core of my argument is this. These behaviors:

-Retracting the biggest part of your argument for scumreading someone
-Declaring that they are still your biggest suspect
-Keeping your vote on them anyway

Seem scummy to me because they contradict each other and therefore suggest that your motives aren't genuine.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 351, T S O wrote:I don't think that post is actually particularly bad - it's one of Cho's best posts, Burning_Earth.
I don't agree that it's one of Cho's best posts, but I don't think it was particularly scummy either. Now that you point it out, B_E pointing to that post as the main reason he flip-flopped and voted for Cho makes B_E look worse in my eyes. There was plenty to scumread Cho for before that post, but that's the one that made him switch? Seems like shallow reasoning to me.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Riptide »

Well, since dice seems to be busy-
Rubicon, why the unvote on us if you didn't think that posting my ISO of Elyse didn't really make me town?
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Rubicon »

I said it probably did make you town
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by N »

Prodding Dunhamganger and Egg

BipolarChemist replaces mnemonicdevice
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Nooo... And I was right about to post again. Oh well, Chemist can take the slot, since I am probably going to continue being inactive.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Welcome to our game BipolarChemist! You are a great person in every way!

Now join my wagon
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Riptide »

Why are you voting us again, BE?

- Dice
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 352, toolenduso wrote:
In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:@Tool: I'm referring to the first and second posts of mine that you quoted in your reads list.
OK, so to recap, you're saying if you wanted to unvote you would have just done it in that first post I quoted where you said you were retracting the meta part of your argument.

Fair enough, but that's exactly what makes me suspicious. Why wouldn't you have just unvoted then?
You'll notice that between my posts and , multiple people said that TSO's play at the time was similar to his town meta. I hadn't really thought about TSO for a while after reading those posts, so when Cho's post reminded me of my vote on him, I decided it no longer had merit.
In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:Where is the logic behind me waiting to unvote TSO so that I can vote someone else, but then not :idea: actually knowing who to vote? Doesn't the idea of me wanting to vote someone else imply that I have someone else in mind to vote?
No, because scum have no genuine town motivation behind voting for somebody. So it would make sense for scum to want to vote for somebody else but not be sure who.

The fact that you don't seem to understand that actually makes me feel a little better about your slot though because it suggests you don't understand how scum would see things. Not enough to make you a townread, but it makes you a little less suspicious.

It would be helpful for me if I could see your scum games. Could you provide links?
I'm not sure how that emoticon got in my post... for a second I thought you added it to point something out in the quote. That's really weird.

Anyway, you said that I was waiting to unvote TSO so that I could "hop on a more viable wagon." The key word here is
waiting
. If I were
waiting
to hop on a new wagon, wouldn't that imply that I already wanted to get on a new wagon and thus had a wagon in mind to get on? If I'm
waiting
to do something, why wouldn't I do it?
You also haven't explained to me why it makes sense for me
as scum
to wait to unvote if I had some better wagon to be on anyway.
In post 343, Jargonaut wrote:This while scenario is convoluted, and it seems like you are just trying to make something seem scummy when it isn't.
You're getting bogged down in the fringes of what I said. The core of my argument is this. These behaviors:

-Retracting the biggest part of your argument for scumreading someone
-Declaring that they are still your biggest suspect
-Keeping your vote on them anyway

Seem scummy to me because they contradict each other and therefore suggest that your motives aren't genuine.
I already responded to Cho when she said that exact same thing. You've read the post, I'm sure, seeing as you already quoted it.

The reason I said your scenario is convoluted is because there doesn't seem to be scum motivation for me to do the things you are saying I did.

If you take away the first point (which I've already responded to), the perceived contradiction vanishes. Like I said, it seems like you looking for ways for my behavior to be scummy and finding examples that don't hold up.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Egg »

Hi. I got prodded.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by MTD »

Hi BPC :)
still the same old MTD
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 3:44 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Hi hi! I'll get caught up hopefully later today!
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Sorry guys, my laptop issue has become a nightmare. It's possible I need an entirely new laptop, which would mean I could only post from work (not ideal. Or possible). Should hear back by tomorrow.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:27 am

Post by T S O »

The Jargonaut-scum argument bores me because it feels like it's more rhetoric than anyway solid.

Activity is shit. Prod everyone, N, and I include myself in this.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 am

Post by T S O »

Oh, yes, that's what I couldn't think of - I want the Elyse-scum argument, Riptide, and I don't want you diluting it from necromancy. In your next post, please.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 366, T S O wrote:Oh, yes, that's what I couldn't think of - I want the Elyse-scum argument, Riptide, and I don't want you diluting it from necromancy. In your next post, please.
Yes. I agree with TSO.

If, of course, it exists.
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Riptide »

Go reread page 13...
-HS
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Riptide »

Oh, and
In post 359, Riptide wrote:Why are you voting us again, BE?

- Dice
-HS
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 22, Riptide wrote:Burning_Earth- Why the third vote on Egg on pg1?
In post 43, Riptide wrote:@Cho - So let me get this straight. You made those three unlynchables because of their RVS votes?

- Dice
In post 46, Riptide wrote:
In post 45, 3dicerolling wrote:So you see them as unlynchable, but not as concrete town?
I'm bad at this.
In post 50, Riptide wrote:What about there RVS votes make you think they should not be lynched today?

- dice
In post 347, Riptide wrote:I'm not really good with hydras yet. :p

I'm getting too many townreads. Need to talk it over with HS.
My case on riptide.

Riptide attacked cho without voting her until other people had.

Another masterpiece from B_E cases TM
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Well what the fuck.

I totally and utterly agree with a train on...

Spoiler:
Dunhamganger

In his D1 play, it did feel like he didn't give a shit, but that can easily be misconstrued with scum struggling to post. He was a bit fency with Cho, wanting to vote but not placing anything. Finally when he did vote, he gave no reasoning and I just found the way he did it to be scummy.

Overall, this is my reads list under this line! Ask me about my reads, as if I just post a huge Wall no one will read!

Spoiler:
Town
  • Tool
    TBP
Null-Town
  • T S O
    Rubicon
Null
  • Jargo
    Riptide
Null-Scum
  • MTD
    Egg
Scum
  • Burning_Earth
    Dunhamganger

VOTE: Dunhamganger

So, what's up avrybuddy? Gimme some thoughts.
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Riptide »

In post 370, Burning_Earth wrote:
In post 22, Riptide wrote:Burning_Earth- Why the third vote on Egg on pg1?
In post 43, Riptide wrote:@Cho - So let me get this straight. You made those three unlynchables because of their RVS votes?

- Dice
In post 46, Riptide wrote:
In post 45, 3dicerolling wrote:So you see them as unlynchable, but not as concrete town?
I'm bad at this.
In post 50, Riptide wrote:What about there RVS votes make you think they should not be lynched today?

- dice
In post 347, Riptide wrote:I'm not really good with hydras yet. :p

I'm getting too many townreads. Need to talk it over with HS.
My case on riptide.

Riptide attacked cho without voting her until other people had.

Another masterpiece from B_E cases TM
I'm gonna use myself as an example- you read my case/ISO on Elyse? You saw how I explained what I was thinking as I was looking through the posts? Please do.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

That sounded quite angry there, Riptide. Defensive much?
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 308, Burning_Earth wrote:
vote the 3dice hydra
In post 309, Riptide wrote: RVS means nothing right now.
MTD makes an RVS vote. Big deal. Woop-dee-doo he says people OMGUS'd. Is that really enough to deserve a serious vote? Or is it scum trying to look like they're doing something?(Yes, I'm using your own argument against you. Tit for tat.)
I've already commented on this one, here's the link-
Buuut I like being productive and trying to get out of RVS. So I'm going to ask a question to get us out of RVS.
Bad excuse is bad. Nowhere had you mentioned thinking that "them OMGUS's were incredible" was trying to justify anything. You just said he was trying to avoid commentary.
This is just WIFOM. There is no other word to describe it.
It's. Not. A. Dumb. Question.
No, you just said it was dumb. No explanation for it.
This post is boring for me. It felt as if it should've happened sooner, honestly.
Well, this is the post we're responding to above, so...(and here be it-
The RVS question (While not me, nor my specialty in RVS) actually was not as dumb as you think. It draws reactions, like yours, which was pretty scummy by the way. Considering this is a hydra, and we have to work out our thoughts together, no we did not have much content at the time, but that is changing as the game progresses.

Nowhere were the words "textbook" and "newbscum" used together. I said you were "nearly textbook buddying." To me it looked like that IF Cho flipped town, then you as scum was trying to get credit for calling her a town read. Also, you were defending her, possibly making her think you were town for doing so, simply because of the fact that you "helped" her.

Also, you criticize us for making a question, but the you also criticize us for only attacking certain people. That makes no sense. Also, at the time, the only person we really attacked was you. Everyone else we mentioned was someone we were starting to engage.
Yeah, um, I never knew you stopped either.
Yeah we are. Look at our interactions with you. Also, I watch and get reads from others' interactions with each other early D1, which is one reason I haven't been very active.
This is a weird post. Confirmation bias goes either way. Everybody does it. It's human nature.
And just a question that really IS pointless because Elyse isn't being patient.

Sorry, for the formatting of course. You'll definitely want another window open.
B_E is a ninja
Oh this is your elyse case

All the links are fucked up

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”