Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 1-41 (Unchanged from 1-39)

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Clyton (2): MastinSSK, Rancid Broderick Drake
MastinSSK (1): CupcakePanda
Rancid Broderick Drake (1): PeregrineV
orcinus_theoriginal (7): The Fox and the Hound, Mac, Angry Pidgeon, Kagura, Yggdra Union, Just Sheep Us, Clyton

Not Voting (5): CarbonFiber Red Gyarados, Titan, Breakfast With Stalin, Orcinus_theoriginal

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)

Mod note: Deadline is REAAAAAAALY REAAAAALY soon.
Broseidon head of Just Sheep Us is V/LA a few days.

Last edited by Yulia Jue on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3321, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I was explaining to Tammy why I'm frustrated with your shit play this game. It's not because you're wrong (people are sometimes wrong). It's because you're not only wrong, but I don't think you even have a good reason to be this wrong, and since you refuse to talk about WHY you think what you think, and you're arrogant enough to think you have the game figured out when YOU REALLY FUCKING DON'T, I think your play is fucking disgusting

You responded by saying "nuh uh, I said you're all scummy and wouldn't discount us being a team" which is BLATANTLY FUCKING UNTRUE and also implies that you weren't calling us a scum team

Fuck off and die in a hole. Back to being completely over playing with you......
I didn't imply that I wasn't calling you a scumteam because I was. You implied that the only reason I find you scummy is because you would fit into the team which isn't true.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Well, I actually just saw that. But it doesn't sound like what I thought a governor is supposed to do.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 3327, Red Gyarados wrote:Well, I actually just saw that. But it doesn't sound like what I thought a governor is supposed to do.
It's a modified governor for the lack of a better term. Regardless, orcinus has already defended himself and has already stated what he is going to do regardless of who is getting lynched today.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

@ RG, I don't really think that any wagon is viable at this point other than Orc and most players seem to have disappeared.

---

Also, the "ignore Muffin" advice was good so I am going to do that from now.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Why are we using this time to do anything other than argue for who orc should be targeting?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 3326, CarbonFiber wrote:You implied that the only reason I find you scummy is because you would fit into the team which isn't true.
Except not only have I asked you multiple times, but others have asked you multiple times and you do not fucking explain any of your reads.

See nacho asking you about me? Nope, just continue being wrong

See ffery comment on you thinking AP-mastin-me stuff makes sense as scum theatre? Nope, just ignore it and continue being wrong

ALL the fucking while thinking you've figured out the game and others just can't see things the way you can because they're viewing the game incorrectly. Nacho calls me town? Be an arrogant piece of shit and say "lol unvoting but you're wrong like you've been wrong before!"

Fuck you

Vote: orcinus

I fucking hope he gladiates me so I can be done with this fucking game
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

@foxhound who do you think he should target?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:19 pm

was that a hammer?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm

No, L-1
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm

no, L-1. I dunno why I thought he was already at L-1.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm

In post 3332, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:@foxhound who do you think he should target?
Are we living in reality here or do I get my pick of the litter?
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm

How about assume both?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3302, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:@TAMMY

Spoiler:
I dunno. I don't even really dislike you as a player, even if I have issues with the way you sometimes play the game, but I feel you don't really understand why I do the things I do
In post 3284, Titan wrote:Have you never used gut for anything? Because as I said in that game, what I was posting pretty much amounted to gut reactions based on their posts
I have used gut, but I have never pretended that "gut" is a really good reason, and that others should listen to me and see where I'm coming from because of "gut".

Our conversation in AoT was quite literally you telling me you thought you were right and me telling you that's not how a conversation works because if you aren't going to explain your reads then we can't have a conversation about them, and then you complaining I didn't see where you were coming from.

How is someone meant to react to that? I mean, if you don't feel that is an accurate representation of the conversation, I can pull up the direct quotes, but that is exactly what I was seeing in our conversation, and I was just flabbergasted that you thought you were making sense.

Like I really wasn't trying to be mean to you there, and I probably could have chosen my words better, but I don't fucking know how to deal with someone who is complaining that I don't see where they're coming from while not giving me any reason to see where they're coming from
To be fair I was frustrated with you before we started talking in the neighborhood and suspected you. I really felt like Plum was town and you helped mislynch her, and then when I asked you about why you claimed your flavor in the neighborhood you kinda scoffed at me that it wasn't real and I should have known that. Before that day, before that lynch, I thought you were town. And then I did feel like you were coming after me, and here's the absolute worst part of my playstyle. I doubt myself way way way too much. And I doubt myself the most when I actually have to explain my reads because I can find reasons for why I'm wrong. I was frustrated in the neighborhood, I don't do well at explaining myself when I'm frustrated and when I feel like people are trying to frustrate me, which is what it felt like to me in that game.

I'm pretty transparent and if I am able to explain things I will. If i can't, I can't and there's not much more I can do about that.
muffin wrote:
Titan wrote:What I'm referring to with your vindictiveness though is the way you went after kthnxbye, and yeah maybe he was being a bit nonsensical but it still didn't warrant the way you spoke to him and as you were posting in the neighborhood that you shouldn't be saying what you were saying but dammit it's just so much fun is where I'm getting the way you revel in how you talk to people. I mean you can be funny as fuck sometimes but it's like you just forget that there are actual people you are talking to sometimes.
Did you even.... read the game? He literally called me scum because I didn't receive his fruit vendor message and Nati hammered Kaze <- those were his entire reasons for thinking I was scum. What... the... fuck? I'm not even making that up, if you read #2226 in that game, like holy shit.

Yeah, my reaction to it could have been over the top, but I honestly expect players outside of Road to Rome to have at least a little fucking common sense

One of the main fucking things I hate about mafia is trying to make sense of the nonsensical. When people do stuff that makes sense, fun games can be had by all, regardless of who wins or loses. When people do stuff like what Kthx did, it sucks the fucking enjoyment out of the fucking game. The amount of people I've gone off at in mafia games is probably like 5% - I generally get along well with most people. At the least, I've had no issues with most players I've played with. But every now and then, someone just ruins the fucking enjoyment for me and I react in turn.

This game? I see DespBro calling me scum because I'm buddying Mastin. Look at any fucking game I've played with Mastin, ever. I figure out Mastin's alignment within a few posts every time. You know this, you've seen it, in the same games BRO was in. AoT? Took me a small number of posts to figure out Mastin was scum and I stuck to that vote for the entire three days it took to lynch him. Too Many Heads? I had him figured out within the first couple posts after he replaced in and stuck with that read for the rest of the game. In games you haven't been in, it's the same deal. The most recent Xeno game? I had Mastin figured out from his opening posts and "buddied" him the rest of the game because of it. Mastin is someone I have an amazingly easy time reading, I do not think I'm shooting in the dark with this, and I do think he is town here.

BRO should really know I do this with Mastin. He's been in all the recent games it's happened. Him calling me scum for it is almost fucking laughable. And it is quite literally the only reason he's given (apart from minor things like "RBD is trolling" which... yeah not even going to talk about that) so what the fuck am I meant to do with this? He should know it's bullshit. Anyone who has any recent history with me and mastin should know it's bullshit. How the fuck can he think there's a point to be made here.

What's worse is you have a heavy meta player (F16) who really has no excuse not to know this about me/mastin if he's read ANY games me/mastin have played together. And he thinks DespBro has a point here. And he thinks we're both scum with AP because.... ??????????????????????? Scum theatre? ??????????? ??????????????

If my posts seem like they're injected with vitriol here, it's because I loathe that sort of playstyle. It's why (prior to the miller counter-claim) I told Nati I'm no longer playing the game - I cannot deal with players who play like that. It's fucking enraging because not only are they playing like that, they have the sheer fucking arrogance of thinking they're right about something I know to be 100% wrong. Like I generally have confidence in my reads, but at no point do I ever say something like F16 said recently ("I've figured out the game earlier than others"). Holy fucking shit that post. I could honestly not believe how fucking arrogant someone so fucking wrong could be.

I am aware I could... be nicer? I guess... And I do get a kick out of seeing reactions to me baiting people. But I do not just do it for no reason. I don't set out to be a dick to people. I just react to things in a dickish way when I see something I cannot tolerate
I know you pointed to that being nonsensical, but you also know you took joy in coming down on him the way you did.

And I do know about how well you can read Mastin. Why do you think part of half this game is fucking with my head. The way I see the game either you and mastin are town or you're sucm together. You being scum together doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But, the way that you've treated my slot doesn't really make a lot of sense to me either. And it's not about not thinking I'm super obvtown, but that whole post about me flailing? and seeming like I was similar to Too Many Heads? Just reads really really off. I'd feel a whole bunch better if Nati had said he was scum reading me because I seemed similar to Red Wine because at least I'd be able to see where he's coming from, but Too Many Heads?

I feel like I just got lost in this wall because I'm doing three things at once right now, but I'm glad you responded to me. I still suspect JSU because a bunch of their play just doesn't make sense, and part of it is that.[/spoiler]
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Titan »

sorry for fucking up the spoiler :(
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Welp. This is an interesting and unforeseen predicament.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Reality: he's said he wants to put up a strong townie against PV or LB. In that case I would prefer LB, as I am leaning town on PV. All the moreso because of CF's towncase on PV.

Illusion: Good question. If I'm going off my own honest opinion, RBD and someone who'll get them lynched. If I'm discounting my own read there to some degree because of the pushback everywhere else, I go back to my secondary lynch pool: {RG, AP, LB, Cupcake, Orc, Mastin}. AP just claimed cop, RG is not getting lynched, and I actually wouldn't want to lynch mastin out of that group right now (even though the info would be useful, a little more time with the darkglasses off is something I want). My favorite targets there are LB and Orc, yes I still think he's likely scum (partially POE), though I don't think it's terribly likely he'll gladiate himself.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

In post 3338, Titan wrote:And it's not about not thinking I'm super obvtown, but that whole post about me flailing? and seeming like I was similar to Too Many Heads? Just reads really really off. I'd feel a whole bunch better if Nati had said he was scum reading me because I seemed similar to Red Wine because at least I'd be able to see where he's coming from, but Too Many Heads?
You would have to ask Nati about that (I really do not know, he never explained his read on you with anything other than tone)

He knows he interprets things way differently than I do, and our reads this game haven't been in sync at all here (which is kinda unusual for us, and since he hasn't had much time for mafia lately, we haven't had a chance to actually talk about reads in any depth). The best explanation I can give is that he reads you off of emotions and passion and he wasn't seeing the typical town-Tammy he was used to seeing. I think a lot of this came from the back-and-forths between you and F16 in the first 50 pages that killed his motivation to play this game.

(Side note: I may have suspected Plum early in AoT but I was never a part of the wagon when it took off and I never supported the lynch so I dunno why you were frustrated with me having a part in that one unless you just mean I suspected Plum really early in D1 and people sheeped that suspicion? *shrug*)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

i have no idea why people are scumreading me or why i became the quicklynch wagon but you are seriously off your marks

also i can't govern a no lynch

i might govern the lynch, then just put up a pool to no lynch anyways

fery/beli are you good with going up cos i want you there
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

he brought up targeting ffery and a lurker right?

the only lurker I wanna lynch atm is LB. besides LB I highly doubt there's any scum in the lurkers at all thi sgame. this is kind of positional but if we lynch some random person and they flip town then we're stuck in the ass on D2 with absolutely no useful information gained from the lynch. normally I wouldn't care about this but in this specific gamestate I think that has a really really high chance of happening although this is based entirely on my reads

lynching PV is a terrible fucking idea. mostly bc of F-16's towncase and bc iirc every single fucking person I think is scum is pushing a PV lynch. it's a scum designated mislynch and there's no way in hell I'm letting it happen

-Y
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

Nirvana, Goddess of Battle. Revolution!

Hydra of Aegina, Luciana, and Yggdra.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Part of why I am reading Desp and BRO as massively town is the entire way that BRO handled the situation with his suspects. It was really, really obvious that he was working for days and days to try and get a lynch on MastinSSK or Rancid. BRO as scum can sometimes put up a facade like when he was scum with me in AOT but he it is quite obvious that he doesn't genuinely believe in his reads there.

BRO as a person usually has excellent reads but sometimes lacks the charisma? to push them through so often gets frustrated when people won't listen to him. In the neighborhood and in this thread, it became really, abundantly obvious that no matter how much he pushed, a lynch on MastinSSK or RBD was extremely difficult to get through and the frustration was obviously building up for quite a while. I think it hit a peak when people turned on him and started to wagon him which was the final straw. I would be incredibly surprised if he pulled that off as scum as I've never seen anything more genuine. And this coming from someone that faked scum theater with BRO in AOT where we pre-decided what arguments we were going to push, how we were going to argue, and when we were going to pull back. BRO as scum is strategic, his arguments as scum and his emotional state when he is scum which I was privy to in real time in AOT is absolutely nothing like his emotional state when town.

I read Desp as town because of how he is making his pushes. His pushes as scum rarely make this much sense and he doesn't have the same passion, the same "bite" for lack of a better word and the same underlying feel to his posts where he knows for a fact that his arguments are good and ought to be followed.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 pm

In post 3343, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i have no idea why people are scumreading me or why i became the quicklynch wagon but you are seriously off your marks

I'm not sure beli is around to express an opinion.

this is an interesting test of trust, I guess. I'm ok with it. I'm going to want to know why you want us there at some point.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 3346, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 3343, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i have no idea why people are scumreading me or why i became the quicklynch wagon but you are seriously off your marks

I'm not sure beli is around to express an opinion.

this is an interesting test of trust, I guess. I'm ok with it. I'm going to want to know why you want us there at some point.
cos you're town and cos i haven't played town selkies in forever
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 pm

because you said you would govern any lynch that happens today

so

the fucking obvious choice is to lynch you if you're gonna govern any other lynch that happens anyway
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Lord Business »

In post 3325, Yulia Jue wrote:
Votecount 1-41 (Unchanged from 1-39)

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Clyton (2): MastinSSK, Rancid Broderick Drake
MastinSSK (1): CupcakePanda
Rancid Broderick Drake (1): PeregrineV
orcinus_theoriginal (7): The Fox and the Hound, Mac, Angry Pidgeon, Kagura, Yggdra Union, Just Sheep Us, Clyton

Not Voting (5): CarbonFiber Red Gyarados, Titan, Breakfast With Stalin, Orcinus_theoriginal

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)

Mod note: Deadline is REAAAAAAALY REAAAAALY soon.
Broseidon head of Just Sheep Us is V/LA a few days.

Where has my vote gone?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”