Otherkin

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

How harmful.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 302, Aurathebirb wrote:If you give a child a big bag of candy, they will be very happy.

However, it is not healthy for them to eat all of that candy.

I am merely trying to take away the candy. Not all of the candy. Just most of it.

However, other people in this thread insist on giving the candy back. Not only this, but they suggest that I am mean for trying to take the candy away.

In this situation, being "nice" leads to a child having diabetes and being "mean" leads to a healthy child who eats a reasonable amount of candy.

We see that niceness does not equate to kindness.
Are we again back to the meth argument but this time you’re throwing up diabetes? Someone seriously ought to make a stand up comedy routine our of all of the bizarro examples you keep coming up with. :lol:

So your point is what exactly? AG needs to spend way more time at the dentist? lmfaoooo
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by brighteningskies »

As far as I'm aware otherkin isn't usually as simple as believing you are that person although that might be an aspect of it. It's more complex than just that. I had a lot of friends in an otherkin community which is in part why I'm bothering in this thread so much. Factually a person will know for example they're not a wolf, but in their corner on the internet they can be that wolf. In real life if a person was going up to you and saying they were a fictional character that might not be appropriate for our society but surely on a corner of the internet made for playing forum based games you can butt out of someone's life enough to acknowledge that you don't know their circumstances.

If the only way their identity is affecting you is through their use of a blue post colour or 8 in their posts rather than the incredibly awkward idea of someone being a literal deity then it's not a big deal from that perspective. So then it leaves the healthy side of things. Which again you cannot fully understand because none of you are qualified therapists or have anything but a slight understanding of their everyday life.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Anyway are y'all done being unqualified therapists that no one asked for and can we talk about something not shitty.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Fluminator »

you're also an unqualified therapist so why are you so certain this is a healthy thing for a person to do?
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by panthaleon »

There's quite a bit of snow showing that insulting, demeaning, belittling, and rejecting a person damages their mental health. That's, like, THE research for lgbtq youths
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:30 pm

In post 329, Fluminator wrote:you're also an unqualified therapist so why are you so certain this is a healthy thing for a person to do?
I don't know either way so I'm trying to leave their life choices alone! The same basic respect I'd expect from anyone else yknow.
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:31 pm

I don't know what fluffy adorable animal is your favourite for example but I like cats and dogs a lot personally. I'm not gonna judge you if you like taratulas even if those can be dangerous in some situations. They're cool animals. This isn't really even a tangible metaphor I just really like animals they're neat.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by xofelf »

It's not on us to decide whether it is or isn't harmful to a person. If they aren't harming anybody else, then we can just leave them be. Sure we may want them to consider whether or not it's harmful to them, but it's their life to live how they see fit, we don't need to be awful about it at them.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Nancy those are some quality animal gifs
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 333, xofelf wrote:It's not on us to decide whether it is or isn't harmful to a person. If they aren't harming anybody else, then we can just leave them be. Sure we may want them to consider whether or not it's harmful to them, but it's their life to live how they see fit, we don't need to be awful about it at them.
+1

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by chamber »

Of course none of us are capable of evaluating someones mental health over the internet. But if there is a giant fucking red flag, ignoring that in favour of enthusiastically supporting them rather than suggesting they actually get evaluated by a mental health professional is irresponsible. I could talk more specifically but I'm trying to make my point more general out of respect for her desire to not be analyzed.
Taking a break from the site.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 335, brighteningskies wrote:Nancy those are some quality animal gifs

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 337, chamber wrote:Of course none of us are capable of evaluating someones mental health over the internet. But if there is a giant fucking red flag, ignoring that in favour of enthusiastically supporting them rather than suggesting they actually get evaluated by a mental health professional is irresponsible. I could talk more specifically but I'm trying to make my point more general out of respect for her desire to not be analyzed.
If she says she’s content, why should she even bother?

Therapist: Why are you here exactly?

AG: Well meaning internet folks told me that despite being perfectly happy with my life, this was actually necessary . . . for reasons.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 333, xofelf wrote:It's not on us to decide whether it is or isn't harmful to a person. If they aren't harming anybody else, then we can just leave them be. Sure we may want them to consider whether or not it's harmful to them, but it's their life to live how they see fit, we don't need to be awful about it at them.
I mean, Vriska won't listen to my advice unless she asks for it which is why I'm not engaging with her that much or bothering.

I've heard otherkins getting lumped in with transgenders really damage the transgender movement (see the attack helicopter copypasta)

And I've personally learned avoiding reality is not a good long term solution to living a fulfilling life and seen the results of both in other people. So i am concerned for her.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

People seek therapy when they’re unhappy, if she says she isn’t, I don’t see how it’s anyone’s place to tell her she needs to see a shrink.

Anyone who’s actually been reading her posts would realize that she’s been struggling for some time and this has helped her more than anything, we should all be so lucky. Her solution is obviously not mine but if she’s happy and not hurting anyone and her posts express clear cohesion and clarity of thought, why can’t people just accept that and stop being meddling busybodies wrt her life?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Nope, not convinced this will be long term helpful for her because she's posting clearly. And that everyone should be necessarily encouraging it.
But we can agree to disagree.

I wish you the best life Vriska and good luck
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

I'm comfortable ending this conversation. Doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere.

Odds are the Vriskas will sort themselves out in time anyway.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 340, Fluminator wrote:
I mean, Vriska won't listen to my advice unless she asks for it which is why I'm not engaging with her that much or bothering.

I've heard otherkins getting lumped in with transgenders really damage the transgender movement (see the attack helicopter copypasta)

And I've personally learned avoiding reality is not a good long term solution to living a fulfilling life and seen the results of both in other people. So i am concerned for her.
Fuck off

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by panthaleon »

In post 343, Aurathebirb wrote:I'm comfortable ending this conversation. Doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere.

Odds are the Vriskas will sort themselves out in time anyway.
How are you still allowed to post

Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 337, chamber wrote:Of course none of us are capable of evaluating someones mental health over the internet. But if there is a giant fucking red flag, ignoring that in favour of enthusiastically supporting them rather than suggesting they actually get evaluated by a mental health professional is irresponsible. I could talk more specifically but I'm trying to make my point more general out of respect for her desire to not be analyzed.
i don't think anyone needs to 'enthusiastically support' anybody, just let them exist without weird threads psychoanalyzing them in their first two weeks on site.

that person AG actually seems remarkably eloquent about her identity (which she shouldn't really have to be). you (the users of this site) should welcome her on her own merits as a user.
get a warrant
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

I will not post in this thread again unless pants does
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Weren't you permabanned vij?

Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 340, Fluminator wrote:

so flum it's a minor thing but transgender people are usually not referred to as 'transgenders', it's a sort of derogatory inflection (although not on the level of a serious slur, of course).

i also think saying "Transgender people have struggled due to otherkin" is just a wrong statement. blaming a tiny and politically powerless minority of individuals (otherkin) instead of the reactionary majority that actually does make it hard for transgender people kind of helps that majority oppress yet another group instead of actually working against it.

just what i think.
get a warrant

Return to “General Discussion”