Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Albert, I don't agree. Because that's how sure I was that armlx was scum.
This is utterly stupid. We were bandwagonning player A. You went off during this time, and pressured player B. Even if he was scum, he would have time to send his own kill list before being eventually lynched, if ever. Therefore, you should have waited for player A to be lynched before pressing your case on player B. Holding off from finishing a player off is tantamount to suicide and bad play as TOWN. But you're not town now, are you DG ?
I don't see how this works, and why I'd want to rush into lynching a player whom I believed to be a townie, when he was already at minus 1 or 2.
Because your opinion is worthless in the grander scheme of things, comrade. Stalin would be ashamed of you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Because your opinion is worthless in the grander scheme of things, comrade. Stalin would be ashamed of you.
If Stalin was ashamed of me, I'd wear it as a badge of honor, haha.

This is what I picked up from Miztef:

vote:

guardian
Max
muffin (scum)
armlx (scum)

FOS:

Ooba
Neko
Sarcastro (mason)
Samruc
dahill1

I think Miztef cannot be ruled out as the SK considering his voting pattern.

I looked at ABR's voting pattern, and I can't draw conclusions either way.

dahill votes:

neko
muffin (scum)
miztef
lloyd (scum)
armlx (scum)
flameaxe

Dahill could be anything.

OK, that was a pointless exercize.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Miztef »

The evidence against DGB is there, but her logic isn't bad. If she thought Armlx was bad and lloyd was good, then why would she want to kill lloyd. Just because a bandwagon has started doesn't always mean it's in the best interest of the town to kill that person.

Albert, your mindset of "Bandwagons = always good" and "quicklynch everyone!" seems like one of the most SK like things I've seen in the game. It's almost too obviously SK like.

However, I can't help but get the feeling that the SK would want to hide themselves as best as possible. I believe the SK would probably post only a medicore amount, and try to have all his/her information as sound as possible to look pro-town.

In regards to "the list" of possible SK candidates, I'm thinking dahill is the most likely out of all them for SK. He has been in the "bum rush" of every player so far (to my knowledge), and has voted in other promising lynches as well (neko, flameaxe, myself). His posts are agreeable and helps keep him out of lurker range, but not in lots of activity range. twice he "forgot" that I was near lynch, and both times convinced him not to vote me. Thinking as an SK, the mafia are the only enemy you can find and look good in the town, so when I say I was near lynch, it seems to convince him I'm not scum, but I still could be SK. He doesn't even mention that I could be SK.

Dahill also pushed my idea that the SK could be outside of "the list"which would protect his hide if he is the SK.

He mentions as well that he'd like to "outpace the SK", which would mean more killings in this game overall. Not sure if he even realized (as SK) that the SK does get extra kills after each lynch.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Guardian »

tbh, i find that a town tell for dahill. im not sk and i didnt notice that too, i think sk would read their role PM.

my gut has been pretty solid this game.
vote: Flameaxe
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 am

Guardian wrote:my gut has been pretty solid this game.
vote: Flameaxe
I'd love to join you, since Flameaxe's contribution is rubbish (though par for the course), but don't you think Flameaxe would have killed me by now? I'm rather inclined to think Flameaxe doesn't have a killing role.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 am

neko2086 wrote:Also, I think it would be ideal to lynch the SK as soon as possible, as the existence of a SK that can kill once a week severely cuts back our discussion time.
Is this true? Once a week? I had to check.
Pooky-Mod-God wrote: The Serial Killer may attempt a "guranteed kill" if he has not performed a "guranteed kill" within the last realtime week
or if the town has lynched since his last guranteed kill
. A guranteed kill will always kill its target.

A Serial Killer may also attempt a "risky kill" at any time, the format being Kill:Playername:(Mafia, Mason or Townie)

If he is correct in his choice of Mafia, Mason or Townie, his kill will go through.

If he is incorrect, he will lose the "risky kill" ability forever.
Er, neko is wrong, I guess. This settled, I say no way that Flameaxe wouldn't have killed me already.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Guardian »

why would he kill you?
Do not lynch me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 am

Guardian wrote:why would he kill you?
Oh, he loathes me, maybe?

If he were the SK, would he kill NabNab (I have no idea, maybe someone else knows)?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:05 am

Post by farside22 »

I find out 3 pages ago. Bah go town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:33 am

Post by neko2086 »

We already had this discussion, DGB.
neko wrote:From what I understand the SK can guarantee kill once per week, or after the town has lynched. If we were to lynch right now, for example, we would cancel out that week-long waiting period and the SK could make another guarantee kill

Also, I do not understand what makes you so positive flameaxe would kill you.
If he were the SK, would he kill NabNab (I have no idea, maybe someone else knows)?
I don't see any use in speculating over why NabNab was killed. I see no evidence pointing to anything conclusive.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Samruc »

People don't heed my warnings. I should have let Max ramble on a bit more about SK's this, SK's that. Now the cat is out of the box... The fact that I'm not dead might be an indication I'm on the right track though.

Albert has impressed me so far in the game, but I'm not feeling his case for DGB. I think she plays like she normally does...

Max, get back and post!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 am

Samruc wrote:People don't heed my warnings. I should have let Max ramble on a bit more about SK's this, SK's that. Now the cat is out of the box... The fact that I'm not dead might be an indication I'm on the right track though.
Please explain further as my jelly-bean sized brain cannot comprehend such advanced concepts. Many thanks.

Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Samruc »

Hm, explain what? The SK tell should be pretty obvious what I mean from my last posts, so I take it you mean the NK part.

My thoughts were, that if Max wasn't the SK, I might have been killed to frame him. Nabakov was a much safer kill, since he hadn't really put forward any suspicions. (This is kind of weak though if you don't believe him to be SK from the first part...)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:14 am

Samruc wrote:Hm, explain what? The SK tell should be pretty obvious what I mean from my last posts, so I take it you mean the NK part.

My thoughts were, that if Max wasn't the SK, I might have been killed to frame him.
I get it up to here. But...
Samruc wrote:Nabakov was a much safer kill, since he hadn't really put forward any suspicions.
Why wouldn't the SK target player A that suspects player B, to frame player B?

I reckon it's a bit of a red herring, since that's not what happened, but I want to understand your thinking.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

Miztef wrote:However, I can't help but get the feeling that the SK would want to hide themselves as best as possible. I believe the SK would probably post only a medicore amount, and try to have all his/her information as sound as possible to look pro-town.

In regards to "the list" of possible SK candidates, I'm thinking dahill is the most likely out of all them for SK. He has been in the "bum rush" of every player so far (to my knowledge), and has voted in other promising lynches as well (neko, flameaxe, myself). His posts are agreeable and helps keep him out of lurker range, but not in lots of activity range. twice he "forgot" that I was near lynch, and both times convinced him not to vote me. Thinking as an SK, the mafia are the only enemy you can find and look good in the town, so when I say I was near lynch, it seems to convince him I'm not scum, but I still could be SK. He doesn't even mention that I could be SK.

Dahill also pushed my idea that the SK could be outside of "the list"which would protect his hide if he is the SK.

He mentions as well that he'd like to "outpace the SK", which would mean more killings in this game overall. Not sure if he even realized (as SK) that the SK does get extra kills after each lynch.
i am not the SK.
also, you convinced others, not just me to unvote for you
furthermore, i didn't realize at first that the SK could kill after lynches because i'm not the SK
that is all
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:43 am

Post by neko2086 »

i didn't realize at first that the SK could kill after lynches because i'm not the SK
Having a certain role does not necessarily increase one's attention to detail.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Guardian »

neko2086 wrote:
i didn't realize at first that the SK could kill after lynches because i'm not the SK
I disagree. I think as SK, anyone would be much more likely to know how the SK role worked.

No one has yet asserted that dahill was being deceitful, only that he didn't notice how his SK role worked.

I find him not noticing how his SK role worked to be very extremely unlikely.
Do not lynch me.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Miztef »

Guardian wrote:
neko2086 wrote:
I disagree. I think as SK, anyone would be much more likely to know how the SK role worked.

No one has yet asserted that dahill was being deceitful, only that he didn't notice how his SK role worked.

I find him not noticing how his SK role worked to be very extremely unlikely.
ok, but as you said, there is nothing stopping him from being deceitful about it. Faking having false knowledge about it may be a great way to create a WIFOM trap about it.

We should ignore that as evidence against or for him being SK.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, the thing is, no one, until me just there, suggested that he was being deceitful about it.

That, to me, implies that they are making up bullshit, which is anti-town motivated. If this is true, there isn't much room left for dahill to be scum.

Let's see, who said this about dahill...

neko... who else? I can't find who brought this up, for sure.

I found neko scummy earlier. And, one thing I find as a poitn a gainst him, he asked me a question, I missed it an got suspicious of him, and he never brought it up again.

unvote vote neko
Do not lynch me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count:

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

2 DrippingGoofball (Albert B. Rampage, Flameaxe)
2 Neko2086 (DrippingGoofBall, Guardian)
1 Flameaxe (ooba)
1 Max (samruc)
Not Voting: Miztef, Max, Blazerunner, Neko2086, dahill1.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by neko2086 »

sorry Guardian, but I didn't understand a damn thing you just said. Do us all a favor and quote or link or something.

Do you think I'm mafia or SK? If you're not sure, which do you think is more likely? Use some sort of reasoning and/or evidence, please.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by Samruc »

DGB wrote:Why wouldn't the SK target player A that suspects player B, to frame player B?
He wouldn't if the SK = player B.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 am

Post by Max »

Blazerunner wrote:Not as good as if we had actually lynched him, but still good
Well only an SK would prefer a mafia to be lynched than a failed daykill

Vote:Blazerunner

Max, get back and post!
I'm sorry am I not allowed to not post for a day

Fos: samruc
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Max »

EBWOP: Also the players I thought were scum are all dead :(
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Max wrote:
Blazerunner wrote:Not as good as if we had actually lynched him, but still good
Well only an SK would prefer a mafia to be lynched than a failed daykill

Vote:Blazerunner

Max, get back and post!
I'm sorry am I not allowed to not post for a day

Fos: samruc
Lol that seems desperate. I said it about Lloyd's death. At that time there were still 2 mafia, and the reason I said it is the reason why we are doing fast wagons -> lynch. If we never had let Lloyd make that daykill, we would have been doing our job better than letting him, that is what I meant. And we never know if Llyoyd didnt sing who he was aiming, witch is potentially not good as well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”