Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Kise »

In post 292, Benmage wrote:why don't you give 4 suspects with reasoning why, and reasoning for your top town reads.

2nd this.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.7

"We're gonna launch that nuke and ride it all the way into history." -Revolver Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid

zabriel - 5 (jasonT1981, Melmond, Nero Cain, Kublai Khan, I Am Innocent)
Kublai Khan - 2 (Kise, zabriel)
BloodCovenant - 2 (Yates, ThAdmiral)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Acosmist, BloodCovenant)
Shahrizai - 1 (snifit)
I Am Innocent - 1 (Benmage)

Not voting - Shahrizai, Cybertronix, PeregrineV, Amrun, Zoroaster, Tammy, rapidcanyon

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:16 am

Post by pappums rat »

Amrun has failed to meet activity requirements so I am now beginning a search for a replacement. If she posts in thread before one is found she will remain in the game.

rapidcanyon has recieved his first prod.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am

Post by zabriel »

Gonna have to agree here. IAI is asking for a lot of information, which could be the start of a kill-list for tonight.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 300, Kise wrote:
In post 292, Benmage wrote:why don't you give 4 suspects with reasoning why, and reasoning for your top town reads.

2nd this.

Actually lets go one further... most of your posts are fluff.

Why don't you list your scum suspects and why.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 303, zabriel wrote:Gonna have to agree here. IAI is asking for a lot of information, which could be the start of a kill-list for tonight.

IAI Asking for a list of who someone thinks is scum is actually a kill list?

I must be missing alot in my drugged state tonight.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:35 am

Post by zabriel »

Might want to direct that question a bit better Jason. Is that for Kise or IAI?

PEdit: He's also asking for top town reads. Scum want to kill the towniest townies that ever towned.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 299, Kise wrote:
@Ben & Nero: You guys think the other is scum? You both have big sticks, put your heads together....if you know what I mean

I was wavering before. I'd say town now.

In post 298, zabriel wrote:@Ben
Cyber still looks like shit to me, but it seems like the "coaching" is more AV trying to create a trap. So I'm not entirely sure that Cyber isn't scum, but I feel pretty sure that Cyber and AV don't share an alignment. Given that and the flavor of the game, I was wondering if we might be dealing with mafia/werewolf split
among HP and Metal Gear villains.
Right now it's just speculation and such.

I considered this as well. Multiple scum faction games are called multiball.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Benmage »

Yo Jay don't hold out on the goodies!

Also 298... zabby's town. Come on over to IAI.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Acosmist »

How bad at mafia would you say you are, Benmage?
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Zoroaster »

Kise wrote:that would be MGS theme exclusive.
I forgot there for a moment that Acosmith claimed Snake. Don't know how.

BenMage wrote:@Zoroaster, I'm assuming you're up to date with the thread now? What's your opinion on IAI?
Actually do not remember reading one post by him, so you're going to have to give me time on that.

That being said, if he's not a replacement, he's leaning scum off the bat.

Ah. I see why you ask now Benmage. That does throw my read off a bit. There's time though--so I'll stick with gut for the time being.

Unvote, Vote: Zabriel
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Kise »

Sure.

Kublai Khan is sketchiest. I shouldn't say every post of his is him playing an angle, but what gets my attention is the string pulling. He's relying too strongly on opinions, and since I was one of the townies that lost to him years ago, the sting of his miller fakeclaim has never gone away. Remembering that and seeing how quickly he says you (jason) townslipped, something does not feel right. I KNOW KK is schooled in the art of mind gaming, so why wouldn't he suspect you of doing the same?

As with AV's minimal posting style, and with his team now being down one member (a powerful roleblocker at that), I expect the mafia to be in chill mode right now with 'BRB' or prod dodging post. IAI and snifit come to mind. Rereading IAI's last two posts, I see he's caught up with the game but is only setting sights on zab. What makes my eyebrow raise is how he prefaces the vote park by saying he may switch after reading other isos. So, let's just imagine zab is town and continues to get votes... Wouldn't it be opportunistic for IAI (assuming scum) to go "naaaah ima stay on this wagon. will read other isos later" :?: I don't want to say too much until he responds but it rubs me the wrong way that he asks Ben for 4 suspects when only listing zab as his suspect. Someone come rub me right }:-)

With snifit, I don't see what was "false-sounding" about Shah's post. By giving so little information behind his vote, I doubt snifit wants us to join him... and what's the point of voting someone if you don't want others to as well? Not that snifit needs to shout for us to all vote Shah, but it looks like a lazy attempt at looking busy while still laying low. As for the remark about Yates being killed... I kind of want to use that against him, but at the same time he said it in a way that entertains the reader, so he could easily say "no don't take it seriously, Kise you're a tryhard".

Other minimalists/lurkers are Shah, Amrun, Zoro and Cyber... for some reason Cyber isn't looking suspect to me, but it seems like he should. Bigger fish to fry? Maybe that's why. He's not saying anything to move the game forward. I got no feelings for Shah. Zor is taking it easy. Consolidating my scumlist to a reasonable number, I'ma say KK, IAI, snif and Zor/Cyber.

I haven't forgotten about Melmond & zabriel. I think BC's done good with highlighting the potential "there's 2 mafias" slip, but my GUT says to put zab on the scummy-leaning-null side.

p.edit: yeeeea not feeling the zab lynch. It's funny that 3 of my suspects are on the wagon.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Kise »

Nero how bad am I at mafia?

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Bad like Midas bad.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Kise »

But he's bad like Nero bad. Guess we're on the same page.

Except you're scum with KK. Discuss.

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm scum with KK?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 309, Acosmist wrote:How bad at mafia would you say you are, Benmage?

Why are you purposely playing bad? Do you actually want us to lynch you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 288, I Am Innocent wrote:If you think scum IAI would just blindly hop on the easiest wagon when BC is the #2 wagon and that is who I voted the whole part prior to the day kill is just dumb.

Unless the leading wagon is a buddy then yeah, I think you'll hop on.

Though my problem is that instead of taking the time to get back home and retype what you supposedly lost your whole "catch-up" is about Zab and nothing else that has happened. That's why it looks like you A.) really really wanted to get a foot on that wagon and B.) really really wanted to get a post in so you wouldn't get called for lurking. Neither of which gives me town vibes.

In post 290, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 268, BloodCovenent wrote:@nero, i just noted two possible slips where he indicated more than 1 scum team. interesting shit man.

I doubt even scum would know if there are more teams. I think it is best to wait to day 2 to see if its possible. Can't tell anything now.

BUT

Given the flip was just 'Mafia Roleblocker' I am thinking just one team. As there was no faction name etc.

If you join a game and your scum team is small then its pretty easy to guess.

I think its shitty but I have been in games with two unnamed teams.

I have no issue with IAI asking Ben for his scum reads, Ben saying no doesn't fill with joy. Though I do agree that IAI should. Ben needs to do it as well.

In post 305, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 303, zabriel wrote:Gonna have to agree here. IAI is asking for a lot of information, which could be the start of a kill-list for tonight.

IAI Asking for a list of who someone thinks is scum is actually a kill list?

I must be missing alot in my drugged state tonight.

Yes. He asked for Ben's biggest town reads too.

edit: Zab owned Jason. lol

Multiball is catchy but its a stupid term.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

IDK, at this point I wouldn't mind running up both Zab and IAI but we can only lynch one person.....

Roles are meant to be random so its not like an inexperienced player can't be scum. I have serious issues with him not answering questions about his game play. Though at the same time his "scumminess" could just be inexperience. Scum take who they want to lylo, its our job to try to weed out distractions and stuff that gives town less of a chance to win. And the slot is scummy anyways so it needs death.

But between the two I don't really care who gets strung up.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 283, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 273, ThAdmiral wrote:Update: I officially declare zabriel full of fail

FIFY!!!

You know what? I agree with this. He is full of fail, as in he's playing badly. I don't, however, think he is full of scum.

In post 283, Nero Cain wrote:
So in your opinion we should let him live so he can active lurk and do nothing the whole game while he sits there and eats up information targets and (if town) makes an acceptable scapegoat that scum can tunnel on.

If he's town he should be modkilled anyways + town loose games 'cause town are to afraid to policy lynch n crap. Would you really want to trust this guy in LYLO?

I don't even think you can accuse him of active lurking. At worst he's not answering
some
questions put to him.

Wait, why should he be modkilled? Where did that come from?

It's nowhere near lylo, why do you feel you need to reduce this argument to an absurd abstraction like that?

In post 283, Nero Cain wrote:That last post from IAI sucks dick!!!. I think its a slight scumtell to ISO since you should be reading the whole game instead. + it looks like jumping on the highest wagon instead of trying to find who the scummiest player is 'cause THE WHOLE "CATCHUP" POST IS DEDICATED TO ZAB. I simply do not get a town vibe from this 'cause I think you'd have more to say then just about one person.

I have an incredibly desire to switch gears and kill IAI.

This is better thinking. I didn't even realise the iso was only about zabriel. That's scummy as fuck. As in he just did an iso on the leading wagon so he could justify his own vote.

vote: iai

In post 286, Benmage wrote:
In post 278, Acosmist wrote:VOTE: ThAdmiral

*headdesK* its like he wants us to lynch him. Other than responding to things involving his claim. Can anyone say Acos has done anything this game?

He literally hasn't done anything else. But his claim is solid (c wat I did thar), so he gets a free pass.
I mean
I
believe it.

In post 288, I Am Innocent wrote:@Ben, Top 4 suspects and why please. Also would like your biggest town reads on record too.

This question is random as fuck.
Dae think directing attention elsewhere?

In post 293, Benmage wrote:
@Thad
I don't really want to vote BC. You previously voted IAI, and he just said he's going to be a useless lurker. Lets get that vote back on IAI.

Oh it's there now.

In post 295, Zoroaster wrote:
ThaAdmiral wrote:Do you have any reason to assume the person who targets you wouldn't die immediately? I'm just interested in why you would mention it.
Well this is a tad bit suspicious.

I asked because normally pgo's kill whoever target them immediately. I wanted to know why acosmist wasn't sure whether they would die immediately or not. The fact that he kills because of a disease (aka foxdie) means a delayed kill could make sense, which leads me to believe acosmist.

In post 295, Zoroaster wrote:
ThaAdmiral wrote:Furthermore he sometimes doesn't respond to direct questions, for whatever reason, which gives people easy ammunition to throw at him (ie "why didn't you answer my question in xxxx?").
Are you a supporter of Mitt Romney?

I don't see what this has to do with anything, but no. I live in Australia though so I don't really give all that many fucks.

In post 317, Nero Cain wrote:Multiball is catchy but its a stupid term.

Where did that term come from out of interest?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

just in case the mod doesn't see it because its buried in the middle of the post-

vote: iaminnocent
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

ThaAdmiral wrote:I don't see what this has to do with anything, but no. I live in Australia though so I don't really give all that many fucks.
What I'm trying to imply is that you're saying that you shouldn't consider direct quotations as ammo because they're apparently easy shots.

Dunno why I said Mitt Romney though. That was dumb.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't really understand what you are getting at.

What I meant by the above quote, which was "Furthermore he sometimes doesn't respond to direct questions, for whatever reason, which gives people easy ammunition to throw at him (ie "why didn't you answer my question in xxxx?")", is that he has been displaying behaviour which, although not
necessarily
scummy in itself, can be easily used to make him
look
scummy, and provide more easy reasons for people to attack him.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

Why isn't that scummy?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

As I explained it is evidence of poor/sub-optimal play far more than it is evidence of scumminess.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”