The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:33 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mariyta wrote:
Drippereth wrote:Am I the only one who's initial reaction on seeing Haylen being shot was that it was done by town. >.>
I'm not so sure but given her meta etc....
Interesting thought... In order for her meta to be taken into account, though, the killer would have to be someone who knew her enough. I'm not so sure town would strangle (not shoot) a player this early in the game, though. It's too dangerous, as evidenced by the loss of a PR.

Preview edit: Katsuki makes a good point. Strangulation looks like SK, though it could still possibly be town.

Second preview edit: Excellent point about Gollum.
Can we please lynch Gollum folks? This is all pretty obvious.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 am

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Fate wrote:Wraith is definitely scum.
We can vig him tonight.

Meanwhile, ME please fate.
How do you plan on vigging him tonight? With your scum night kill?
I found this post highly interesting.
I found this post highly interesting. Care to analyze the post, or are we just trying to look town without being town?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Mariyta »

LynchMePls wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Drippereth wrote:Am I the only one who's initial reaction on seeing Haylen being shot was that it was done by town. >.>
I'm not so sure but given her meta etc....
Interesting thought... In order for her meta to be taken into account, though, the killer would have to be someone who knew her enough. I'm not so sure town would strangle (not shoot) a player this early in the game, though. It's too dangerous, as evidenced by the loss of a PR.

Preview edit: Katsuki makes a good point. Strangulation looks like SK, though it could still possibly be town.

Second preview edit: Excellent point about Gollum.
Can we please lynch Gollum folks? This is all pretty obvious.
I've already explained this post to inHim.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Nero: in a flavour-heavy game, it can often be useful to know who's familiar with the flavour, particularly when it comes to the subject of claims. If everyone declares their knowledge - or lack thereof - at the start of the game, then you can't have scum later messing up a claim and saying it's because they're not familiar with the theme if they've already admitted they've read the books and seen the films, for example. It's also relevant when it comes to how players judge the flavour of other game events; for example, Maritya apparently not making the Gollum connection.

Why were you waiting for Wraith to answer your question before you voted for Zwet? What does one have to do with the other?

Maritya: did you have any thoughts at all about who the character might be who had 'strangled' as their kill method? If so, who? If not, why not, given that you were clearly putting some thought into who might have killed Haylen?

Rewq looks pretty scummy. 'Hey everyone, I've told Wraith that lurking is scummy and he shouldn't do it, can I have town points?'
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:
InHim wrote:Forgot two. Now, obviously, these probably aren't ALL scum. Right now, though, I'd wager that the majority of scum in this game are in the following lists.
Two month Avatar bet. If you are right you get to choose mine (and by mine I mean my Main's, not the Hydra's). If you are wrong I get to choose yours. Put your money where you mouth is?
Nope, sorry.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Mariyta »

Locke Lamora wrote: Maritya: did you have any thoughts at all about who the character might be who had 'strangled' as their kill method? If so, who? If not, why not, given that you were clearly putting some thought into who might have killed Haylen?
No. I wasn't thinking in terms of what character could have been responsible. I was thinking in terms of what player in this game could have done it. LotR characters never crossed my mind.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 am

Post by LimMePls »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:
LMP wrote:Does Kat's list seem really arbitrary to anyone else? His unwillingness to explain them only makes them seem more so.
The question I have is this – why is Katsuki’s pointless list worth asking for justification but InHim or Drip’s not?
DripHydra makes lists like that and they are constantly changing. I think its weird to put yourself on your own town list, but I didn't think probing DripHydra for it would actually accomplish anything. I've never seen this behavior from Katsuki before, and I've played a game with him as town and scum, so I wanted to probe him on the subject.

InHim has the good sense to not put himself on a town list, or to even make a town list in the firsts place. I find the fact that he thinks all or most of the scum are on his D1 scum list laughable and a bit scummy. Being certain of that many scum reads this early in the game is either scummy or stupid.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

inHimshallibe wrote:
MemoriaEsponia wrote:
InHim wrote:Forgot two. Now, obviously, these probably aren't ALL scum. Right now, though, I'd wager that the majority of scum in this game are in the following lists.
Two month Avatar bet. If you are right you get to choose mine (and by mine I mean my Main's, not the Hydra's). If you are wrong I get to choose yours. Put your money where you mouth is?
Nope, sorry.
So you said you'd wager, but then when a wager is proposed you say no. So you wouldn't actually wager you are correct? If not, then why did you say you would?

V/LA on weekends
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

An actual bet has nothing to do with scumhunting, and everything to do with distraction.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Glork »

Skimmed the last ~3 pages on my phone. Clearly ME's confidence in said bet comes from knowing who his scumbuddies are. Why isn't he dead yet?

Wraiths is frustrated town but announcing that he is going to lurk is a big sign that says "VIG ME." The while self-pity thing has gone on since I first suggested he was scum, and it has gotten old fast. Post or perish.

I am surprisingly disinterested in the Haylen situation.

Will opine more later.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:53 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Like the Wraith wagon, but have to go now, and don't want to make a hasty decision.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Wraith »

What's your evidence against me? A reaction to a kind of play I really, really, really hate? And a couple people screaming "Scum, scum!" with nothing to back it up? Good job on that analysis. At this rate you're going to out my claim by tonight.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Edge »

Wraith wrote:What's your evidence against me? A reaction to a kind of play I really, really, really hate? And a couple people screaming "Scum, scum!" with nothing to back it up? Good job on that analysis.
At this rate you're going to out my claim by tonight.
KEEP POSTING LIKE THIS AND YOU BET YOURE ASS WE WILL.

MARITYA IS TOWN.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Edge »

Glork wrote:Wraiths is frustrated town but announcing that he is going to lurk is a big sign that says "VIG ME." The while self-pity thing has gone on since I first suggested he was scum, and it has gotten old fast. Post or perish.
X
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Katsuki »

LynchMePls wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Fate wrote:Wraith is definitely scum.
We can vig him tonight.

Meanwhile, ME please fate.
How do you plan on vigging him tonight? With your scum night kill?
I found this post highly interesting.
I found this post highly interesting. Care to analyze the post, or are we just trying to look town without being town?
I used 'interesting', because I am not sure how to word what it is I am thinking/want to say. The feeling I got from that post though was not good.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh I think LMP asked me about my list.

It is a large game, and as such, I thought it'd be easier using a town/scum list. Both in terms of scumhunting and for my own benefit (keeping myself organized).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:40 am

Post by LimMePls »

^^This is a wishy-washy non-answer to a wishy-washy non-statement trying to look like a firm statement.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 am

Post by LimMePls »

EBWOP: That is 289 I was referring to above.

As for the list answer, I actually find that compelling, as my experience with you has only been minis.

@Kat: Do you always make town/scum lists in Large games? Do you always include yourself on your town lists? Do you have links to prove your answers?

V/LA on weekends
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Katsuki »

No, this is my first time trying the list, due to the experience of the playerbase. TBH, I am quite liking it. And yes I would always include myself on it.

As for 289, I'm sorry that I am not sure how to say what I want to say in english :roll:
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Wraith »

Who are the heads of Edge? I don't see him on the sign-up list.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Glork »

Edge wrote:
Glork wrote:Wraiths is frustrated town but announcing that he is going to lurk is a big sign that says "VIG ME." The while self-pity thing has gone on since I first suggested he was scum, and it has gotten old fast. Post or perish.
X
Don't take my big red X and use it against me!
Srsly, though, much of the pressure on Wraith looks scum-driven. There are plenty of other, better candidates for lynch. Like M.E.

Also, fwiw, I almost always put myself on protown lists. There's no reason not to, really.

Pre-Edit:
4. Edge (Fate/ReaperCharlie hydra)
HERRRRP.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh well that explains his play. I love how he's actively trying to discourage me from posting. Even though I'm not going to help you lynch me. Go ahead.
Show

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Edge »

YEP. I AM ONE, AND THE OTHER GUY IS THE OTHER ONE.
Glork wrote:Don't take my big red X and use it against me!
X X X X X X X X X X
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Locke Lamora wrote:Oh yes, I demand flavour for Zwet's claim.
Why?
Locke Lamora wrote: suspicion didn't really take off because multiple people said 'it's just Zwet, ignore him' and so he then pressed on with the vote to try and build Zwet pressure.
I find it a bit hypocritical that you blast me for putting pressure on Zwet when you're doing the same thing.
Locke Lamora wrote: Why were you waiting for Wraith to answer your question before you voted for Zwet? What does one have to do with the other?
This is a loaded question. Of course they have nothing to do with each other but I found both scummy and I wanted my question answered before I laid down my vote.

@ LMP-I don't like how you keep bashing Kat over putting herself/himself on his/her town list. Stop it!!! But I don't like the interaction with Wraith at all.
If you don't bus you'll get lynched, but its quite ok if you bandwagon.

His/her list reeks of what GT did in Supernatural. On the list..
Katsuki wrote: In a game as large as this, it helps to find pro-town players as well. Early D1, when scum are doing their best to blend in, it is far easier to find who is town. It also helps narrow down the list later on.
but you don't know who is town and who is scum unless...

Most importantly why do you feel Locke Lamora and jenniwren are town?
Katsuki wrote: I totally forgot to add you onto my scum list for trying to duck out of stuff...
I find this extremely hypocritical coming from the player that refused to answer a questionnaire or explain their list.

and most importantly he/she more or less said he was scum in ISO #22 (and several other posts through the day), then wants a vig kill in #24 but waited until his BW built up and finally vote him in #33.

vote: Kat
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 am

Post by rewq455 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Nero: in a flavour-heavy game, it can often be useful to know who's familiar with the flavour, particularly when it comes to the subject of claims. If everyone declares their knowledge - or lack thereof - at the start of the game, then you can't have scum later messing up a claim and saying it's because they're not familiar with the theme if they've already admitted they've read the books and seen the films, for example. It's also relevant when it comes to how players judge the flavour of other game events; for example, Maritya apparently not making the Gollum connection.

Why were you waiting for Wraith to answer your question before you voted for Zwet? What does one have to do with the other?

Maritya: did you have any thoughts at all about who the character might be who had 'strangled' as their kill method? If so, who? If not, why not, given that you were clearly putting some thought into who might have killed Haylen?

Rewq looks pretty scummy. 'Hey everyone, I've told Wraith that lurking is scummy and he shouldn't do it, can I have town points?'
I was not even trying to appear townish with that post. I pointed out to a player that if he lurks he will be lynched. If someone else did it, I would view it as a null tell.

However Locke, I think it is scummy that you jumped on me for something so obviously not scummy.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”