Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Machiavellian-Mafia 3 (scotmany12, Gorrad, Miztef)
Flameaxe 1 (Machiavellian-Mafia)
populartajo 2 (Patrick, Incognito)
Miztef 1 (Ether)

Not Voting: Sir Tornado, Flameaxe, populartajo, The Jester, Your Worst Nightmare
12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Day will end at or before 23:00 EDT on Thursday, March 20. No majority at deadline means NO LYNCH will occur.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Since deadline is in 1 day and no one else is fond of flameaxe lynch except me, I will
unvote
Miztef wrote:Alright, because tajo is at least being active and useful, I will not go into further detail about his lynch. I think that's better to wait until tommorow at least.
Nice setting-up-for-tomorrows-lynch ploy. Plus why are you dodging my questions in Post 237 plus a couple of other people's questions as well?

Vote: Miztef
The end justifies the means.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Ether »

Post 249, Ether wrote:You should answer Patrick and me, too.
Post 236, Miztef wrote:For clarity's sake, I did isolate them, are you saying that may have clouded my view?
Post 239, Ether wrote:I asked because you accused my predecessor of hypocrisy over his reason for voting Flameaxe--but a glance through Akonas's posts would have shown that he was trying to vote M-M at the time, and just making an observation.
Sorry--in question form, why did you miss the Machiavote?
Post 237, M-M's questions to Miztef wrote:1. If you are against lynching Ether, why do you stil lhave vote on her?
2. From are first and third paragraph, it seems like you are willing to along with any lynch without firm conviction. Do you find no one worthy of a lynch right now?
Actually, I'd say he answered those two just fine by changing his vote.

Can someone link to an example of the Miztef meta?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Patrick »

Hi guys. My internet at home is down, hopefully not for long, but it's apparently an AOL problem, so can't be sure. I'm typing this from the library, and I'm aware that this header makes me sound just like Ether.

(This internet is terribly slow).

Reading through what I've missed, I'm starting to find all the current candidates less appealing. Ether has more or less made up for Akonas already, and has taken away any desire I had to lynch her.

The tajo part of this post:
populartajo wrote:Answer to what? Really, ask me any questions (or quote them) and Ill give you an answer.
And it isnt a disclaimer. Its just simple, why are you guys suspecting me if the only thing I did was comment in possible suspicions. What about if we're wrong today? How can we find the truth? Easy, lets suspect the ones who were so in favor of doing the wrong thing.
To the first part: I wasn't pointing to one specific question with that, it just felt like you were repeatedly wheeling out that line. The fact that you only weakly attacked me is irrelevant, I still have the right to interrogate you about it. But if you want two questions: How have I been in any way overreacting? Why in particular am I connected to Incognito? It seems counterintuitive to me. The second part of your post is not really correct, the standard thing to do is not go after people who were wrong, because wrong isn't the same as scummy. Townies are wrong all the time. You
can
go after people who you think are wrong, but you usually need more than just a generic, "they pushed a probable mislynch/definite mislynch".
populartajo wrote:Why are you basing your suspicions in a conversation and in a current disagreement with another player? I havent seen him asking about this quote of mine. I dont see any inconsestincy and if he wants to ask then let him ask me, Ill be happy to answer.
It's perfectly fine for me to be suspicious of you because of a conversation you've had with someone else. Forgive me for not pulling up posts and things at this point, I'm on limited time here and the internet is very slow, but it can't be that hard to find. Incognito asked you about an inconsistency between how you acted around the YWN wagon and how you acted round the Gorrad one, and your answer was just, "nope, no inconsistency".
populartajo wrote:WARNING. Theory time;:
Pick one of the followings groups. Big possibility of clearing the group if any of them comes up town. At this moment, and at the rate we're going, I think that we wont lynch a scum today, but lets try to pick the best lynch for today.
Group A : Patrick, Incognito, Miztef
Group B : Flameaxe, Gorrad, Scotmany, maybe Sir Tornado
Group C : M&M, YourWorstNightmare
Group D: Jester and Ether (still dont have a read on them)
You can add this to the current schedule of town or simply ignore it, but I think at this point of the game is a pretty interesting suggestion.
These don't seem justified. I know I'm town, but I'm certainly not assuming the others in my group are town because of it, because neither have acted in such a way that I think would be very unlikely to come from scum. Same for the other groups.

Despite this, I'm starting to think you might just be misguided. One thing that still bothers me is that I have no real clue who you want to lynch, and I had the same feeling last time before you mentioned Gorrad.

M-M still doesn't seem that scummy to me either. I don't see anything else apart from the fact he's overdoing Flameaxe's fourth vote. He's certainly around and making his positions known, which is at least an improvement over previous games I've played with him.

Ether, the meta I'm referring to is day 1 of Communique Mafia, where Miztef was a townie. Just filtering his posts may be enough. The feeling I got from his posts is that he was trying to appease and fit in with people, he contradicted himself alot and his opinions seemed to just change with momentum, which is what I'm picking up from him here. That's typically a scum sign, but having played with him before makes me pause, and I know Miztef gets mislynched alot. Sadly unless my internet sorts itself very quickly, I won't have time to look for a scum meta.

I'm at something of a loss here as to how to vote. I hope I'm back online at home before deadline, but if not, I'll book time in the library tomorrow so I can see what's going on. If anyone has questions to ask me, I'll be on for another 45 minutes or so.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Miztef »

I have dodged a few questions, haven't I? Basically I'm just trying to end this day, because we seem to just be skipping around the same few players over and over again.

I'm not really sure what the questions are, but I believe they have to do with me explaining my own reasoning behind the lynch candidates and why I think M-M should be lynched and others should not.

First, Ether's question though: Why did I miss the M-M vote? I'm not sure what your referring to here, when did I miss said vote? Is me missing this vote causing inconsistencies elsewhere?

Well, tajo has seemed confusing at times, but I feel that his inconsistencies are probably town motivated. He is active, which I like, and on day 1 I'd rather lynch a less active player then a more active one if possible.

Flameaxe is basically a pointless lynch, if he is scum, he's not helping them much in the first place. If I start to see a good chunk of scummy play coming from him, I may consider it.

For M-M, I didn't like the votes on him for a long time, but I understand now that there is some solid reasoning behind them, and his play has not be town friendly to me for a long time.

I suppose I could go into a lot more detail, but I'm just not really up for it. The Gorrad lynch and Akonas lynch both seemed very promising, but they are now not so great votes, so as Patrick said, I'm also at a loss. However, I'm gonna vote who I find most scummy right now, and see where it goes from there.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 am

Post by The Jester »

I feel Miz is more suspicious then MM.

His conversation with YWN was mostly suspicious to me. The whole Alt thing was blown into stupid proportions. Deadline is tomorrow, so.

Vote: Miztef
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Scotmany: I don't see how I'm hypocritical with respect to my attacks on flameaxe:
Did flameaxe make a sneaky and suspicious vote? Yes
Did I do that? No
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:a sneaky and suspicions vote? It really wasn't, please stop pushing it.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Did flameaxe post mostly fluff? Yes
Did I do that? No
Is flameaxe not helpful in scumhunting? Yes, zero serious votes or FoSes
Am I not helpful in scumhunting? No, I have made clear who I'm suspicious of, plus I expressed positions on everyone else.
I disagree. Until recently, I really do not see you doing anything helpful.
Miztef wrote:Sir Tornado: Although a bit lacking in content, I find what he does have to be well thought out. I'm leaning towards scummy (accurate and lurky) but I like him for now.
Wait, what? You have him down as scummy, then you say you like him for now? Which one is it?
Miztef wrote:MM: Evidence against him is overused and shallow, Neutral for now.
Ok, so 44 minutes after you say this, you vote for MM. What made you change your mind? Was it Gorrad's vote on him, and perhaps you thought it was an easy wagon to push? You make me look higher on your suspicions than him in your list. So what happened between those 44 minutes that made you change your mind?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 am

Post by scotmany12 »

EBWOP: Fixing quote tages with MM...
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Scotmany: I don't see how I'm hypocritical with respect to my attacks on flameaxe:
Did I do that? No
A sneaky and suspicions vote? It really wasn't, please stop pushing it.
Did I do that? No
Am I not helpful in scumhunting? No, I have made clear who I'm suspicious of, plus I expressed positions on everyone else.
I disagree. Until recently, I really do not see you doing anything helpful.[/quote]
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Miztef »

scotmany12 wrote:
Did I do that? No
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:a sneaky and suspicions vote? It really wasn't, please stop pushing it.
Did I do that? No
I disagree. Until recently, I really do not see you doing anything helpful.
Miztef wrote:Sir Tornado: Although a bit lacking in content, I find what he does have to be well thought out. I'm leaning towards scummy (accurate and lurky) but I like him for now.
Wait, what? You have him down as scummy, then you say you like him for now? Which one is it?
Miztef wrote:MM: Evidence against him is overused and shallow, Neutral for now.
Ok, so 44 minutes after you say this, you vote for MM. What made you change your mind? Was it Gorrad's vote on him, and perhaps you thought it was an easy wagon to push? You make me look higher on your suspicions than him in your list. So what happened between those 44 minutes that made you change your mind?
Nothing really changed my mind about him, it just seemed people were leaning towards him much more then others on my suspicion list, therefore, I shouldn't waste my time trying to get others lynched.

Honestly, there is no one right now I find exceptionally scummy, only that I know we should get someone lynched before the day is out. So, yeah, I suppose you could say I'm going for an easy lynch, better then no lynch if you ask me.

Sir tornado I do find a bit scummy, but I'd like him to stay in the game for a while longer. That is what I meant. If he continues to be scummy, then a vote may be in order, but that's not going to happen today.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Ether wrote:As for YWN, my answer is again "no, not really." Wait,
did
we ever get out of him why he voted Incognito instead of Flameaxe?
Yes:
Your Worst Nightmare wrote:Because placing a forth vote on someone (and keeping it) after
posts of actual game is already scummy in of itself (considering that 7 votes ends the day).
Not
finding that somewhat suspicious is scummier still.
But look at me, still talking when there's science to do!

populartajo wrote:Pick one of the followings groups. Big possibility of clearing the group if any of them comes up town. At this moment, and at the rate we're going, I think that we wont lynch a scum today, but lets try to pick the best lynch for today.
Group A : Patrick, Incognito, Miztef
Group B : Flameaxe, Gorrad, Scotmany, maybe Sir Tornado
Group C : M&M, YourWorstNightmare
Group D: Jester and Ether (still dont have a read on them)
You can add this to the current schedule of town or simply ignore it, but I think at this point of the game is a pretty interesting suggestion.
Why am I in the same group as M-M? And why does lynching either of us clear the other one? What do I have to do with him, and what does he have to do with me? What does sharing one opinion during a limited amount of time have to do with affiliations? Where does that chart make any ounce of sense? Where is my pink shirt?
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Incognito »

I've done a read on Miztef's previous games and his play here is more consistent with his town play in previous games. He seems like one of those players who looks scummy/wishy-washy as town but looks more town when he's scum.

Mini 518 is a good example of his town play in which he was Day 1 lynched due to wishy-washy play and vote hopping.

Masons and Mafia looks like a pretty good example of his scum play.

Nobody (with the exception of Patrick) seems to really see what I see about populartajo so I'll
unvote
with the deadline approaching. I mentioned that I would lend my support to the Mach-Mafia wagon so I will
vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by The Jester »

Deadline tomorrow.

We won't have enough, and no lynches are bad.

Unvote

Vote: MM
That makes 5, and I don't think people voting MM would vote Miz instead.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 253, Patrick wrote:I'm typing this from the library, and I'm aware that this header makes me sound just like Ether.
Nice sig.
Post 253, Patrick wrote:Reading through what I've missed, I'm starting to find all the current candidates less appealing.
I feel the same. I got through Communiqué with my anti-Miztef mindset intact, but then Incognito had to go and bring up Pooky's game. That's...okay, yeah,
unvote

Miztef should explain his progression better, though. ¬_¬
Post 261, Jester wrote:
Odd conclusion. Ever was attacking Miztef just a few posts ago, Gorrad doesn't appear to have even seen the wagon yet, and a quarter of the town doesn't have votes out.

M-M, claim.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Miztef »

Ether wrote:
Post 253, Patrick wrote:I'm typing this from the library, and I'm aware that this header makes me sound just like Ether.
Nice sig.
Post 253, Patrick wrote:Reading through what I've missed, I'm starting to find all the current candidates less appealing.
I feel the same. I got through Communiqué with my anti-Miztef mindset intact, but then Incognito had to go and bring up Pooky's game. That's...okay, yeah,
unvote

Miztef should explain his progression better, though. ¬_¬

Post 261, Jester wrote:
Odd conclusion. Ever was attacking Miztef just a few posts ago, Gorrad doesn't appear to have even seen the wagon yet, and a quarter of the town doesn't have votes out.

M-M, claim.
I'm not sure what you mean by that line.

I'm much less consistent as town for the simple reason that I have very little idea what I'm doing. When I'm scum I know exactly what I should be doing. I just assumed that's how it is with most people.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

The Jester wrote:Deadline tomorrow.

We won't have enough, and no lynches are bad.

Unvote

I don't understand this quick flip either. Did you even in fact read through the games that I linked to in order to determine if you received the same vibe coming from him in this game as his past games or do you simply not care who is lynched today? What do you find to be scummy about Mach-Mafia?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by The Jester »

Deadline is tomorrow, no majority vote, no lynch will occur.

No lynches are bad.

MM is the only one it seems to lynch in this short amount of time.

Unless you think No lynches are good?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Ether wrote:
Post 261, Jester wrote:

M-M, claim.
Which wagon? The M-M wagon? I've seen it, what makes you think otherwise? I haven't commented on it because I'm happy about it.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by populartajo »

miztef wrote:'m much less consistent as town for the simple reason that I have very little idea what I'm doing. When I'm scum I know exactly what I should be doing. I just assumed that's how it is with most people.
There's something I strongly dislike about this post. I dont know what yet. I sincerely believe miztef is scummier than mm but deadline is kicking our asses.
jester wrote:Unless you think No lynches are good?
No I dont.
Conclusion: M&M is not the perfect lynch for the day, but its not a bad one, though. Ill keep my groupy list just for me, as there's always some people that think everything should be 100% accurate to find it helpful. If you want to know what do I think about the possible results and new groups you'll have to ask me.
Vote : M-M.

Let him claim.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm a doctor with a weak sanity, so if I protect an anti-town player I get killed instead. I also breadcrumbed my role in my first 3 posts:
C
ake is most delicious, thus I must Vote: Sir Tornado
O
k, is that the fourth vote already on scotmany after only 33 posts?

Unvote, Vote: Flameaxe for being a sneaky 4th voter on the bandwagon.
D
ang it, forgot to bold:

EBWOP: Unvote, Vote: Flameaxe
First letters of my first 3 posts are C, O, D. Spell that backwards = DOC.

And I'm not buying Miztef's meta as the his only solid defense, so I like my vote. Others I am also willing to lynch are flameaxe, the jester, and scotmany, in that order.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Hi again, typing from the library, home access still screwed. Still feeling thoroughly uninspired by everything going on here.

M-M has claimed weak doctor, and whilst his breadcrumb doesn't prove anything, I'm not willing to vote an uncountered powerole who I didn't even find very scummy before. I am not counterclaiming him. I'll leave my vote on tajo for now, it could change in the next hour and a half which I have here. Flameaxe or Jester are possible.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Back to this:
Unvote; Vote: populartajo
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Patrick »

My time here is pretty much up, and I won't be on again before deadline unless the access problem is sorted very quickly. My vote is in an ok place, so I'll leave it where it is. I'm admittedly not wild about it, but I think there's a small case against tajo and I don't really see one against anyone else. Whatever you guys do, don't lynch M-M unless someone counterclaims (I tend to believe him, but if there's a counterclaim I'd say he's obviously the play).
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Miztef »

unvote vote: populartajo

Someone's gotta go before deadline.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Gorrad »

Unvote, Vote: populartajo
. Agreed.

M-M, consider using yourself as a one-shot cop and saying who you will target beforehand. Might make things better.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:52 am

Gorrad wrote:M-M, consider using yourself as a one-shot cop and saying who you will target beforehand. Might make things better.
I'll have to clarify something with the mod before I can say whether that is a good strategy.

Unvote, Vote: populartajo
for deadline lynch. I believe this is tajo is at L-2 now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”