The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Drippereth wrote:Am I the only one who's initial reaction on seeing Haylen being shot was that it was done by town. >.>
I'm not so sure but given her meta etc....
Interesting thought... In order for her meta to be taken into account, though, the killer would have to be someone who knew her enough. I'm not so sure town would strangle (not shoot) a player this early in the game, though. It's too dangerous, as evidenced by the loss of a PR.

Preview edit: Katsuki makes a good point. Strangulation looks like SK, though it could still possibly be town.

Second preview edit: Excellent point about Gollum.
Someone isn't doing a lot of thinking on their own.

Hmmm. I don't think bv would bus Mari if they were partners. Which is the scum then.
Even better: Mari is SK and bv still scum. Delightful.

unvote
vote: Mariyta
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

Vote: Wraith
Reasons:
First off, why is nitpicking posts early scummy? It's generating discussion, which is good. You still haven't given past experience of that, despite being asked multiple times.
Then, you whine about this always happening to you, which is basically AtE with a side of self-meta defense.

Not really liking mariyta's "good points about the kill".

~M=W
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Fate »

Drippereth wrote:
Fate wrote:Wraith is definitely scum.
I thought that when he called us maybe jester and stuff but the "I lurk D1 lolz" posts and those around it sounded town...
Did you read the post I quoted? He said: "LOLZ I C UR TRAP AKBAR I WUNT VOTE NUUU WAI BABY"
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Fate »

<------Is glad Haylen is dead and thinks town shot her
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Wraith »

WeirdRa wrote:
Reasons:
First off, why is nitpicking posts early scummy? It's generating discussion, which is good. You still haven't given past experience of that, despite being asked multiple times.
Then, you whine about this always happening to you, which is basically AtE with a side of self-meta defense.

~M=W
First of all, what I mean by "nitpicking early posts" is something like strawman. Someone takes an early post, usually one that is innocent RVS, takes a passage that can be interpreted as scummy and blows it out of proportion. I don't call it strawman because it's not attacking the weakest part of an argument, it's attacking the weakest part of a post's wording. Town don't need to do that, because only scum need to look for something to blame.

Second of all, I can't provide evidence myself because almost all the games in question are currently ongoing. The only finished game I can provide as an example is one where I am actually scum (however my play is entirely different in that game). If you want to find the games in question, find them yourself, which should be easy considering as least one of your heads was in most of them. If you aren't willing to look for them yourself, don't call me scum for not doing it for you.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Fate »

^HAI SCUM
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Wraith »

Fate wrote:^HAI SCUM
^NICE ANALYSIS THERE
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Fate »

Wraith wrote:
WeirdRa wrote:
Reasons:

~M=W
First of all, what I mean by "nitpicking early posts" is something like strawman. Someone takes an early post, usually one that is innocent RVS, takes a passage that can be interpreted as scummy and blows it out of proportion. I don't call it strawman because it's not attacking the weakest part of an argument, it's attacking the weakest part of a post's wording. Town don't need to do that, because only scum need to look for something to blame.

Second of all, I can't provide evidence myself because almost all the games in question are currently ongoing. The only finished game I can provide as an example is one where I am actually scum (however my play is entirely different in that game). If you want to find the games in question, find them yourself, which should be easy considering as least one of your heads was in most of them. If you aren't willing to look for them yourself, don't call me scum for not doing it for you.
Wraith wrote:
^NICE ANALYSIS THERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Fate »

As much as I want to ride the highest wagon for information THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VOTE: WRAITH

WHO'S WITH ME?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Wraith »

Fate wrote:As much as I want to ride the highest wagon for information THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

WHO'S WITH ME?
Seriously, why the fuck does anyone ever believe you, in any game you play? All you ever do is shout the most popular bandwagon at the top of your lungs and post useless shit to promote it.
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Funny how you call yourself the most popular bandwagon.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Fate »

Wraith wrote:
Fate wrote:As much as I want to ride the highest wagon for information THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

WHO'S WITH ME?
Seriously, why the fuck does anyone ever believe you, in any game you play? All you ever do is shout the most popular bandwagon at the top of your lungs and post useless shit to promote it.
Wraith wrote:
^NICE ANALYSIS THERE
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Fate »

(For those of you playing the home game, Wraiths vote is still on LMP ala his first post)
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Edge »

SHAZAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I GOT ONE MORE DAY BEFORE REAPER COMES IN AND
MESSES
WITH MY READS. LET'S GET WRAITH DEAD BEFORE THEN.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I wonder how we'll ever differentiate between which head's posting in this hydra... :roll:
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

<------Is glad Haylen is dead and thinks town shot her
Fate get out of my brain.

Unvote, Vote: Wrath

Seriously. This is so ridiculous if you were pulling it with ANYONE but Fate I'd be calling poor bussing teaparty.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Wraith »

Fuck it, I'm lurking. The only game I'm not getting killed for talking is the one filled with lurkers. So I'll copy their strategy and shut my mouth. Don't ask me questions, I'm not answering them.
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Katsuki »

WELL

Unvote, Vote Wraith

I ADVISE YOU BEST NOT LURK.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:17 am

Post by rewq455 »

Wraith wrote:Fuck it, I'm lurking. The only game I'm not getting killed for talking is the one filled with lurkers. So I'll copy their strategy and shut my mouth. Don't ask me questions, I'm not answering them.
Lurking especially at this point is usually seen as very scummy. If you are town, I would not advise it.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Katsuki wrote:WELL

Unvote, Vote Wraith

I ADVISE YOU BEST NOT LURK.
lolscum

Scum

VasudeVa
MemoriaEsponia
LynchMePls
WeirdRa
Katsuki

Vig List

zwetschenwasser
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Mariyta »

inHimshallibe wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Drippereth wrote:Am I the only one who's initial reaction on seeing Haylen being shot was that it was done by town. >.>
I'm not so sure but given her meta etc....
Interesting thought... In order for her meta to be taken into account, though, the killer would have to be someone who knew her enough. I'm not so sure town would strangle (not shoot) a player this early in the game, though. It's too dangerous, as evidenced by the loss of a PR.

Preview edit: Katsuki makes a good point. Strangulation looks like SK, though it could still possibly be town.

Second preview edit: Excellent point about Gollum.
Someone isn't doing a lot of thinking on their own.

Hmmm. I don't think bv would bus Mari if they were partners. Which is the scum then.
Even better: Mari is SK and bv still scum. Delightful.

unvote
vote: Mariyta
What part of my post(s) isn't "thinking"? I actually thought about it a lot before posting. Just because it's about an SK kill (which I'm convinced it was, because I don't believe town would do something like that this early in the game unless they absolutely had to) doesn't mean there aren't some things to be discovered/pointed out. In fact, it doesn't make sense that it's a town kill. Town would (or should) have gone after one of the suspicious targets to narrow our choices. Whoever did it didn't want to draw attention to themselves in any way.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:18 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Forgot two. Now, obviously, these probably aren't ALL scum. Right now, though, I'd wager that the majority of scum in this game are in the following lists.

Scum

VasudeVa
MemoriaEsponia
LynchMePls
WeirdRa
Katsuki
Mariyta
bv310

Vig List

zwetschenwasser
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Mariyta wrote:I've read the trilogy a couple times, as well as The Hobbit. Tried reading Silmarillion, but didn't finish. Read a couple of the Lost Tales. Movies are awesome, despite the casting of Liv Tyler. I <3 Eomer.

VOTE: Glork Hi Glork!
This is where you quantify your familiarity with the series. That you are so familiar and yet didn't piece together that Gollum is the probkiller is fishy.
Show

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Mariyta »

Wraith, I initially read you as frustrated townie, but the more you talk, the worse it gets. Why haven't you changed your vote? Why haven't you made an effort to find scum at all? Your posts are all complaints about your own playstyle.

inHim, I haven't watched the movies or read the books in a year or so. My apologies for not being absolutely 100% on the ball all the time.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MemoriaEsponia
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:29 am

Post by MemoriaEsponia »

InHim wrote:Forgot two. Now, obviously, these probably aren't ALL scum. Right now, though, I'd wager that the majority of scum in this game are in the following lists.
Two month Avatar bet. If you are right you get to choose mine (and by mine I mean my Main's, not the Hydra's). If you are wrong I get to choose yours. Put your money where you mouth is?

In a 25 person game I’m guessing about 6 scum. And of the six players on your list that I don't know are Town I’m doubting that 4 ( a majority of 6 ) are scum.

Wraith wrote:@ME: Yes, because it can get you lynched if you pull it off well enough.
And yet your first reaction was Jester, so I think you theory is just that – a theory that holds no real basis in how the game is actually played.
Wraith wrote:Second of all, I can't provide evidence myself because almost all the games in question are currently ongoing. The only finished game I can provide as an example is one where I am actually scum (however my play is entirely different in that game). If you want to find the games in question, find them yourself, which should be easy considering as least one of your heads was in most of them. If you aren't willing to look for them yourself, don't call me scum for not doing it for you.
If the only example you can offer shows, in fact, that you were scum caught in that manner your assertion isn’t valid. If you play was ‘entirely’ different that game how did you end up lynched for ‘nitpicking’, as you put it?

CES wrote:Did you not read the second sentence of that quote?
I did … so you are fluffing to lower your potential viability as a NK by not appearing too Town … gotcha.

LMP wrote:Does Kat's list seem really arbitrary to anyone else? His unwillingness to explain them only makes them seem more so.
The question I have is this – why is Katsuki’s pointless list worth asking for justification but InHim or Drip’s not?

Katsuki wrote:Indicative of alignment: At this point, not sure. Leaning scum. (he should be on scum list as I said earlier). TBH though, I have had that experience in the first 2 games I played on MS (one of which andrius likes to remind me of), so I know how it feels being frustrated as town in that regard.
If you can’t come up with a solid scum motivation for the actions then it’s not a scum-tell. Explain exactly how Wraith’s posts serve to further his game as theoretical scum.

Katsuki wrote:I found this post highly interesting.
Interesting – the word you use to imply scum intent when you can’t directly say something is scummy. Weasel-wording which usually comes from Scum
Remember the past, remember the 80s and 90s.

MagnaofIllusion and Super Smash Bros. Fan hydra.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”