Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:12 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm not a named pirate, silgado, just a described one.

I disagree with Dirge about no lynch. There's no evidence we have another cop left, which would be the best way to use no lynch. The other way we would get information about who is scum is through who is night killed. Whether shelper's scum or not, it's extremely unlikely that
both
massive and I are scum. So, mafia could kill one or the other of us and the town would gain very little information. All it does is slightly improve our chance of lynching scum randomly, and I think it's a little too late to be relying on that.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:17 am

Post by shelper »

Presuming there are three mafia left, which wouldn't be that odd, three mafia and an SK are about usual in this size a game i think, both massive and fuldu could have ended the game right there and then if they were mafia.
Which they didn't.
Silgado's doc claim is getting a bit fishier as he does seem to be the only one who had gotten a name with his role, except for Thoth, who had gotten Werebeard. I'm willing to believe sil for now though.
So that would leave Dirge and STD. I wasn't terribly suspicious of either of them before this wonderful display of process of elimination right here to be honest, but that's the only thing i can come up with. There was only one kill N1 though, poor doomcow having been married to a nice girl. May i ask who you protected that night, silgado, see if that can shed some more light on the situation.
Seing as that if we lynch wrong today, we'll all be at davy jones's locker, i'm holding on to my vote for the time being.
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:24 am

Post by silgado106 »

Yeah sure, let me just give you guys all three nights:

Night 1 - Flying Dutchman
Night 2 - Narninian (Who is now Fuldu)
Night 3 - Save The Dragons

And I believe the reason there was only one kill on Night 1 might be because there's no SK... if that's the case then the mafia killed one person on Night 1, then they killed another on night 2 without Lord Gurgi, that is why the killing method changed from Marrying to Hanged, and that same night Thoth, the Vig, killed Dirge, then Night 3 the mafia yet again killed another one, that is why Drummer was also hanged.

That's my speculation anyways... unless of course Drummer blocked the SK all three nights or something... which we know is not true because Dirge 1 was blocked by him on Night 1 or 2 (I can't remember which one)
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:08 am

Post by massive »

You know, silgado brought up a very good point. We've been operating under the pretense (or at least I have) that Thoth was the SK. What if he was just Mafia? I wonder if we're fishing for only one scum ...

I do, however, maintain that Thoth was NOT the vigilante.

Trying to decide how I feel about no-lynch in light of that.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:02 am

Post by silgado106 »

Can we ask the mod to verify that for us about Thoth? Umm, I guess I'll just ask and see :P

CaptainBlicero
, was Thoth a Vig or a SK? Or are we not allowed to know?
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:08 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

silgado106 wrote:CaptainBlicero, was Thoth a Vig or a SK? Or are we not allowed to know?
Harrrr! I ain't be here to do yer own legwork for ya, ye lazy dog! Ye can set sail for Theme Park an' check the original Texas Mafia Pirate role PM in the "Texas Mafia Returns" thread. The Cap'n makes no guarantee that the role has stayed the same -- 'tis up to the judgement of this hearty crew! But ye can find some clues in the posts in this game about the nature of the setup, and iff'n y'have more brain than grog in yer mangy skull, ye may yet be able to puzzle it out!

DEADLINE: Monday, noon, EST

Votes:

Dirge - 1 (
Fuldu
)
shelper - 1 (
STD
)
No Lynch - 1 (
Dirge
)

Not Voting: shelper, massive, silgado106

4 to lynch, 3 to lynch at deadline. If two players are tied at 3, the one who reached that total earliest will be lynched.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:29 pm

Post by Dirge »

Fuldu wrote:I disagree with Dirge about no lynch. There's no evidence we have another cop left, which would be the best way to use no lynch... All it does is slightly improve our chance of lynching scum randomly, and I think it's a little too late to be relying on that.
At this point in the game I think any advantage is a good one.

I think that Thoth was the SK. In his death scene CB stated that Thoth was pro-pirate or the opposite of "pirate-haters".
CB wrote:And maybe a greater tragedy is what happened to 'is friend One-Eyed Thoth, otherwise known as The Pirate From Texas Mafia. Thoth was found this morning strung up on a rope -- hanged. A discharged blunderbuss and a big cowboy hat are the only possession found in his room. The role that cleared out an entire Texas town of mafia is now gone... Another victory for pirate-haters everywhere!
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:26 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

The pirate in Texas mafia looks like a Vig.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 pm

Post by silgado106 »

Dirge... the opposite of Pirate-Haters would be a Vig, as the Vig tries to kill mafia, while the SK kills anyone... That is my main reason for thinking that he was a Vig, and I started that a long time ago... but anyways, we have other matters at hand...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:08 pm

Post by Fuldu »

If there are three mafia left with 6 of us alive, the game is pretty much over. I think Thoth was a vig and that there are two mafia left and no SK.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:00 am

Post by Dirge »

sildago you're right. I meant that I was sure that Thoth was the Vig.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:57 am

Post by silgado106 »

Ohh ok Dirge...

And yeah Fuldu, I agree with you. Which means, if we lynch wrong, pirates completely lose. And now we even had a deadline which makes it even harder!
I suggest we keep conversations going, EVERYONE should be talking, that's our only way of catching them...
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:59 am

Post by shelper »

Agreed, we need everybody to participate at this point.
Right now i have mixed feelings toward No-lynch. Yes, i suppose it does decrease our chances of lynching the wrong one, but my gut really doesn't like the idea of going to night with two scum still out there.
I was hoping to go back to day 1 and see what Dirge and STD
(the ones left unclear by process of elimation, post 251, if you've just tuned in)
did in regards to the lynching of the priest, but both players at that time (someone and DS) were horribly inactive and didn't get involved in his lynching one bit.
Going to sleep on this a bit, see if i can't convince my gut to give some good reasoning as to why not to go with no-lynch.
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:48 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Dirge and STD
(the ones left unclear by process of elimation, post 251, if you've just tuned in)

Aren't you forgeting someone?

But besides that, the more I think about it, the more I think Silgado is scummy...

Unvote

If we get nowhere fast approaching the deadline, I think he would be a last ditch effort to get scum or die trying.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:17 pm

Post by shelper »

Aren't you forgeting someone?
... no, i don't think i am.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:50 am

Post by Dirge »

All hands on deck! In a little over 24 hrs we are going into night whether we like it or not. The discussion in the last bit was'nt as revealing as hoped. I am going to push for a
NO LYNCH
again. We don't have all that much more info, night will give us at least a little more and there is a chance that the doc will make a good protect tonight. And we won't let the wrong man hang. As the only player with a vote I will be lynched. We can't afford to be sloppy here. If I am lynched we will most likely loose the game. If you truly think that I deserve to die at least put a vote on me so that we will have that information to work with if we do have another day to pirate as God intended.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:06 am

Post by shelper »

Actually, dirge, it's four to lynch, three at deadline. Unless you manage to get another two votes on yourself, we go to night with a no-lynch.
However, i really do want to lynch you right now, but my gut again doesn't want to take the risk.

So i'm going to go along with the no-lynch, and pray the anti-pirates don't have means of getting more then 1 kill in tonight.
Vote: no lynch
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:57 am

Post by silgado106 »

I really don't want to risk it either, but how sure are we that tomorrow will bring something to light? I might be able to protect a kill, but what if I am not? I might even get killed myself..... arghhhh (not in the pirate way, but the frustrating way lol) I'm not going to vote because we are going to have a no lynch anyway. I just wish we could have figured out something today... there HAS to be something out there that can give us a clue... Also tomorrow, when we wake up with at least 5 people alive, then
that
will be the real challenge... then it would be the lynch-right-or-lose...
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:00 am

Post by shelper »

but how sure are we that tomorrow will bring something to light?
We're not, i don't think it will bring anything to light, to be honest, but it will give us slightly better odds of catching scum.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:13 am

Post by massive »

It's becoming more and more obvious that we've only found one Mafia regardless of Thoth's affiliation. Makes most sense that there's two left. No-lynch is the smart way to go here, as it sets us up with not only more information (hopefully) by tomorrow, but also gives us the majority still tomorrow no matter what happens overnight.

vote no-lynch
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:49 am

Post by silgado106 »

Yep, it does gives us majority, as long as only one person (hopefully none) dies, like Shelper said.

I'm not sure if Dirge actually voted for no lynch, since he didn't put "vote" in front of it, so let me
vote: no-lynch
and then either wait for night, or let Dirge or someone else put the last vote.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:54 am

Post by silgado106 »

Sorry for the double post, but I have an idea and I want to know what you guys think about it...

If there's any investigative role out there, they should come out today, that way I know exactly who to protect tonight. Since that copish role would be protected, the mafia would most likely kill me, and then you guys have that investigation to rely on tomorrow which should be A LOT of help.

If there's a flaw with this idea please say it before anyone claims anything.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:04 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

ARRR! 'Tis too late to be talkin, fer ye've chosen the cowardly path of the
NO LYNCH
!

'Tis NIGHT, mateys! Yer choices be expected post-haste! (by Wednesday)
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:17 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Early in the morning, you all wake to a fearful clatter... it sounds like a house coming down! Ye rush out a yer piratey hammocks to see the body of Fuldu swaying in the wind. He's got two wooden legs, two wooden arms, and there appear to be woodpeckers already nesting in his britches. ARrrr, too bad fer him he didn't have a wooden neck!

Fuldu, formerly Narninian, formerly Inebriated Djinn (Pirate With One Too Many Wooden Limbs) has been hanged

With 5 alive, it be 3 to lynch, and the Cap'n highly suggests that you pirates make sure to get it right this time.... or hang up yer cutlasses for good.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:53 am

Post by shelper »

I don't have a lot of experience in endgames, so i'm not quite sure what our best scenario would be. The way i see it, a mass roleclaim might not be such a bad idea at this point. Since it's lynch correctly or die right now, we could use all information we can get. Comments?
Also, it's been two nights now since silgado claimed doc and on both occasions the scum decided they'd rather take out someone else. One night, maybe, but
two
?

No vote as of yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”