Mafia 616 - Roleplaying Mafia - GAME OVER!

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Kinetic »

/confirm

I'll post when I get home. Posting from my ipod right now.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Aimless
Aimless
Townie
Aimless
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Aimless »

Once full of energy, now Deshaun Dunkle is nothing more than the worn out, broken down husk of the man he was. He moves slowly, hunched over, head down, shuffling from place to place without pattern or purpose. He dresses in grays, and at first glance looks closer to a man of seventy than the mid-twenties which mark his true age.

Every now and then, he will pause for no reason and stare off blankly into space. His bloodshot eyes seem to look straight through you, unable to focus - or perhaps focusing on some unknown horror only he can see.

He never laughs, and rebuffs all social pleasantries, preferring to find solace in loneliness and drink. Indeed, he drinks quite often, and yet his mood is little changed from when he is sober.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Eleven players have confirmed. You may begin the game.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Zacharias Lord, a portly man with signs of age around the eyes and peppered through his thick unkempt hair. Not an attractive man, but not hideous either. Wanting to please, his eyes dart back and forth never seeming to stay focused on one item or person longer than a fleeting moment. Tremendously afraid of confrontation Zacharias avoids people as much as possible quickly finding reason to remove himself from conversation. When walking, sounds of jingles follow due to the various tools, trinkets, spectacles, and utensils place meticulously across his bandoliered chest, belts, and boots. His face and hands are dirtied by dark smudges of a variety of colors. His clothes are covered with dirt and mud, ash, and charred crisp in places. Zacharias, looks as if he would prefer to be any other place than here.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Hey, I'm posting this in all of my games.
I will be on Vacation with no access from the 20th to the 22nd.

Also, I'll post my description tomorrow. Unfortunately, I do not have time at the moment.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Kinetic »

With Last Call coming just a few hours ago, Hurst was desperately in the need for another pick me up. However, the bars wouldn't be opening for another dozen hours and he desperately wished he didn't hate that Tea dirt the local high life was so intent on slurping by the gallon.

Eldred Hurst, a sometimes lazy, sometimes hard-working, all the time drunk, and often times boisterous man in his mid-thirties. On his face were drawn lines of dirt, as if he had spent hours digging, however the only grave he seemed to be digging each night was his own. Hurst seemed to have quite the knack for doing nothing good, but he was far from good for nothing. But his best years were already behind him, and it seemed like the world wasn't going to slow down one bit for the one-time cowboy.

As the early morning sun glinted over the horizon, Hurst stumbled down the street to the only inn he seemed to be able to afford. This deep in Ealuard it was surprising that an aging drunk could afford anything more then his next buzz, but one look at the shack would make a believer out of anyone. You'd have to be drunk... or seriously wanting to hide, to put up with the shit-hole Hurst found himself in.

But put up with it he did. He climbed up the small porch that lead to the door that barely kept on its hinges and never fully closed. Hurst heaved the heavy wooden door, and it closed with a crash behind him. There were no lights on in the seedy 'inn', and very few windows. Even the windows that were there though gave little light, being either dirty to the point of blackness or covered by a sheet, so it took a moment for Hurst's eyes to adjust to the dim light.

In the lobby of the first floor stood eleven other men, in fact, all eleven of the current tenants of this building. Most came from no where, and all of them wouldn't stay long. But as fate, or some cruel joke, would have it, the twelve men now all inhabited the same place. They were all travelers, if not traveling together per say. Hurst might have been alarmed to see all the others in the room, if he hadn't overheard the whispers in the bar earlier that night.

Bits and pieces were flowing through his head, even now in his inebriated state Hurst wasn't an idiot. He knew that there was no coincidence the King mentioned 12 travelers, and just that many were in this inn. But Hurst wasn't the only one to have come to that conclusion. Some of them sat in not entirely broken chairs, others stood, while others still paced around. But all of them were looking intently around the room. The game had already started, and Hurst was merely the last piece in this jumbled up puzzle.

"Well met!"
, Hurst's voice bellowed around the room.
"We all know what brings these twelve to this room. It looks like the pact is made. From these 12 there stands traitors to the kingdom. I for one will not be guiled by some hooligans. I will find each of you and present your heads to the new King. Then, there will be peace. Before this night comes, one will be chosen. May the King have mercy on your souls."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Fylbrigg sets himself very carefully into a chair, and places his books in his lap, with his long fingers clasped over them. His eyes look directly at Hurst. He is amused with Hurst phrasing the situation as a sort of
Study in Scarlet
, only as if it were written by Agatha Christie.
Perhaps this is where my life culminates... this could be that meaning I've been searching for.
His heart flutters in his chest at the thought.... which immediately becomes nonsensically paired to what he actually says aloud.

"I could do with a cup of tea." I pause, while collecting my thoughts. "Make that tea for two. But only for myself. I really don't feel like drinking anything at the moment. Also,
Vote: Gabby Knisely
."

Reasons for voting Pooky: Slightly Better than Random
1.)
Pooky claimed in the sign-ups he would flirt with me. Instead he began by flirting with Selande.
2.)
He begins with an "alien" post, which is reminiscent of his claim of Zaphod Beeblebrox in
Goofball Mafia
. He was scum in that game.
3.)
His post (which came before MoS revealed names) suggests he is a male character (or at least a person who flirts with females), whereas the name "Gabby" suggests a female character.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by TDC »

Autumn Bauerle, as of recently 19 years old, is sitting on a bar stool. Her long blonde and surprisingly well treated hair is hold back by a pink circlet. The hairline is slightly brownish, telling that it's been a few weeks since she last bleached them.
She's wearing a short jeans skirt, a yellow tube top and for a change some underwear.
Autumn's face is covered with several layers of make-up - so many layers that it causes her skin to degrade, which she battles with even more make-up. Her brown eyes and pointy nose drown in the sea of colours that is her face, dominated by the strawberry red of her lipstick.
She crosses her legs and asks:

Will anyone buy me a drink?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Name: Theo Faast
Age: 42. Theo has always been quick and lively, although his age and circumstances in life have caused him to look more worn lately including crow feet round the eye.
Hair: Brown, sleek hair, in a fairly unnoticeable cut. White hairs started to show up in his sideburns just over a year ago. The state of his chin is depending on his shaving mood each morning, which results in a dark stubbly beard more often than not.
Eyes: Dark brown. Deep in thought the eyes go wandering, turning dull and lifeless. At other times, when Theo feels insulted (which, unfortunate to say, happens often), or if he’s trying to enrich himself, the eyes get a more piercing quality and can get in a intense gaze.
Clothes: Theo used to be a merchant, and he still dresses much the way he did when he ran his own store: bright and colorful. Most often this means a long-sleeved blue shirt, with a Bordeaux red sleeveless vest over it. The shoes are a bit quirky, with a brownish-orange color, and pointy curly nose. He keeps his hands hidden in black finger gloves. Don’t ask why.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Bogre »

/confirm but V/LA until Sunday.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:13 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Zilla was currently in a sitting position - on the floor, no less, and had been for quite awhile. Her crutches were on the ground beside her, neatly stacked one on top of the other. She had been one of the first to arrive, and had awaited the rest - all while hardly moving even an inch. She was quietly observing as she drank her lemonade. No alcohol for her, of course. She turned her attention to the new arrival, and was rather... amused at his words. Though, they were a bit harsh. Her dark brown eyes flickered over the scene, realizing that he was the last one. She hobbled up to a standing position, without hardly making any noise and with an amazing swiftness. She sauntered over to the girl, who seemed rather lonesome - a pretty little thing, though. "Hello darling, what would you like?" She smiled, remembering she still had a dozen or so coins left.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

"What a bumbling idiot", muttered Gloria under her breath.

Vote: Kinetic
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Pooky is V/LA over the weekend.

First Vote Count of Day 1:

PookyTheMagicalBear/Gabby Knisely - (petroleumjelly/Norton Fylbrigg)
Kinetic/Eldred Hurst - (Albert B. Rampage/Gloria Berkheimer)

Permanent V/LA.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

While everyone was introducing themselves, Theo couldn't help a feeling of unease coming up. Some people seemed to hide more than they wanted to show, and some people showed more than what they actually should hide.

It didn't help that there was an unsettling feeling that destiny was playing with him. A puzzle, yes, and Theo was hoping he would find some pieces that would also help to fill in the gaps that were left in his memory...

Fylbrig could be fun. Who is Agatha Christie anyway? I don't think I've ever heard of her in whole Ealuard.

And Zilla Baldwin, dearest, what are you hiding under that monk robe?

Vote: Zilla Baldwin.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by TDC »

Zilla's approach surprised Autumn. She had never had much contact with other women, never mind women that apparently lived in the woods. But if nobody else was going to buy her a drink..

A Long Island Ice Tea, please.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:19 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Zilla gently nodded, letting her two crutches lean against her chair as she rummaged for some money. And... success! She pulled out two semi shiny bronze coins and placed them the table, which the bartender eagerly snatched up, and promptly served Autumn her long ice tea. "And who might you be?" She asked, figuring there was no harm in figuring everyone's name. Dear, the man who had burst in had made the situation seem so grim. These... traitors. No no no. Even they could lead a life of being One with the world, just like her. However, it seemed so few were willing to change their life, instead opting to continue with the hardships they currently faced.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:44 am

Having traveled with over half the current party for several months already, Gloria sees no need in getting to know the few strangers that most recently joined.

Especially the dryad woman that joined them last week in Knollwood. There was something -while not necessarily suspicious- off putting about her.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:38 am

Zacharias sits alone in the corner slowing nursing a beverage. He quickly surveys the room but does not give anyone eye contact in hopes to avoid conversation. Being stuck in this common room with all of these people only reminds Zacharias of his social ineptness. Perhaps this would be more bearable if one of the bolder was no longer here.

Vote Autumn Bauerle
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:12 am

slowly =slowing
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Kinetic »

Eldred raises a curious eye over at Gloria. She was quick to move a vote of opportunity to try and move suspicion squarely off her shoulders, but Eldred wasn't sure if it was just fear or some sort of plan. He made a mental note, but didn't find a need to react more than that.

Zilla and Autumn began an awkward conversation, and it seemed Autumn was much more used to being in control of her situation. Zilla's unorthodox ways seemed to have little ole Autumn in quite off balance. It might be interesting to watch how this develops.

However, the people who had him most curious were Fylbrigg's reaction to Gabby's whorish tendencies. Everyone knew Gabby was a little whore who never slept in the same room and never paid rent, but it seemed this caught Flybrigg by surprise.

"
Alright, I see some of us are quicker then others to begin this game. First off, I say we make some ground rules. First off, we're obviously going to be doing some public voting, so I think its only fair that you explain yourself when you vote for someone. I personally think if you're going to condemn a man you should at least the decency to formulate a coherent argument for such.
"

Eldred rubbed his chin, and waited until everyone else looked around.

"
Alright, does anyone else have anything else to add that they think, or should we just start pointing fingers randomly?
"
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Gloria covers here eyes with one arm and points at Eldred using the other.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

First of all, when I use this (this small, dark red font), that means I'm talking out-of-character, or explicitly going over my character's thought-process (to differentiate it from the rest of my post). Secondly, if I'm not using quotation marks, I am not 'speaking'. [So WLC, having your character wonder about Agatha Christie would not make sense unless he has some mind-reading powers.] Italics outside of quotation marks usually means it is my character's "unspoken thoughts".. Furthermore, my explanations for votes will largely be in an 'area' (as done for Pooky earlier). This is partly done because some of my reasons for voting somebody (such as metagaming) would likely make no sense if they were to come out of my character's mouth.

In this case, my vote here is based on Kinetic's "thoughts", which my character would have no access to -- hence "explaining" my vote through my character would be completely absurd.

"I agree with the latest finger-pointing. I find it very...
meaningful
."

Unvote: Gabby Knisely, Vote: Eldred Hurst

Reasons to vote KineticNone of Pooky's posts go into any detail about his occupation. Despite this, Kinetic is implying (a) he knows that Pooky is a female; (b) he knows that Pooky is a 'whore'; and (c) his character would not find it surprising for a 'whore' to hit on somebody she thought was female (Selande) prior to anybody else in the room. This implies to me that Kinetic either (1) has information, or (2) is making up details / back-stories for
other's
characters.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Kinetic »

Actually I was mostly calling Pooky a whore, but trying to play with it in game. :P
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 am

Post by TDC »

Autumn took a sip of her Long Island.

Well my name's Autumn and I thank you for the drink. What's your name? And why did you buy me a drink? Usually only men do.
What do you make of this crazy guy,
Autumn points towards Eldred
, over there?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:25 am

guys it would be much simpler if we spoke in present tense

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”