Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 am

Post by massive »

1929: Oh there's a blind Flubber vote, good, I was beginning to think it was only Csareo / BBT / FakeGod posting this weekend.

1930:
FakeGod
: "Given a Mason claim and no information on the scum power, I would expect a weaker investigative PR, such as a Tracker." I still don't understand this logic. You're saying that BECAUSE we have so many do-nothing townies, that a tracker makes sense? So when Boon comes back tomorrow morning with "I followed Person X, they didn't go anywhere," we're going to give him a pass, right? Uh no.

1944:
Wake
: "See, folks, this is why I continue to poke and prod for the answers I need." You do realize that the only team who needs these answers are the scum, right? As a townie you have ZERO need to know about masons. You need to let them work in the background.

... aaaaaand at 1953, 20 PAGES AFTER I WENT HOME, I find out we're still only to Friday night. Ha.

By 1960 I really feel like FakeGod must be thinking "what the smurf did I get myself into." He's having to teach Remedial Summer School 101 courses in What Not To Do In Mafia Games.

1974:
FakeGod
: "I'm trying to teach you to be a better player." Haha. My read on FG has flip-flopped a little bit but DANG I LIKE HIS STYLE. Needle needle needle.

1975:
Wake
: "Don't even try to be elitist about what's correct or incorrect when it comes to hunting Scum. For all we know you [FG] could be Scum, so why shouldn't I take all of your words with a grain of salt." Little bit reactionary, huh? And the rest of this post -- while I understand the desire for the truth, it would be best to start understanding what truths help scum more than town. The point of the game isn't to solve it -- it's to lynch all the scum.

1983: Oh there's a blind Doogal vote. The amount of people voting for Jagged on one sentence of case is pretty ... impressive? What's the word I'm looking for there?

1984:
Jagged
: "Why are you policy lynching after 80 pages?" Why indeed. There's lots of work not being done. Someone will say I'm complicit as well, which is possible, and let's all fix that, yeah?

1987:
TelltaleHeart
: "It seems that I'm about to become a distraction to FakeGod. I'm contemplating claiming and taking the lynch for today." This is ominous. And ... why would you be concerned about distracting one singular player? And why, with the amount of junk noise being generated by Csareo, BBT, and Wake in the last 30 pages, would you even be concerned about being a distraction?

Oh man and Csareo's back. What even is a yakuza in 1989? TO THE WIKI ... oh it's not a thing. ???

Why is Csareo telling TTH not to claim in 1991 because too many town have already claimed, and then immediately voting her in 1992? Are we back to randomly policy-lynching people again? YOU JUST SAID YOU THOUGHT SHE WAS TOWN.

1998:
TTH
: HOLY CATS I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

OK, another sanity break, sorry.

Neighbor/Vengeful. Neighbor/Mason. It's like someone wanted to build a suicide squad.

ALSO PREVIEW HOLY CATS STOP TALKING LET ME CATCH UP
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 2473, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2469, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 2465, Wake1 wrote:I'm taking a break from this game. The obvious manipulation is starting to piss me off. Why can't people step back, see the big picture, and see how and where all of the votes are being manipulated? Nope, we're gonna mislynch. Town majority almost always does that. And then I'm gonna tell you I told you so, and impart some well-deserved condescension towards those who rammed through a bad lynch.

I'll be back Day 2, unless someone explodes.

Can you give me current reads besides that you want to lynch BBT and TTH?

I can't because I can't reread all 2,400+ posts in this timeframe and spit out accurate reads. ADD doesn't work that that. We struggle to remember things. We work best when we focus on particular things, one at a time. I've reread this thread many times, but I cannot remember every single post and interaction without breaking something upstairs. This game is just a tater tot on my plate, too.

I know, I have ADD as well.

I'm trying to help you work through reasons why those lynches may have dissipated that could explain why a townie (let's say BBT) wasn't hammered. Compare your scumreads to the people who were already committed to wagons or something. I'm like 80% sure BBT is telling the truth, his actions don't add up for scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:29 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1621, Anatole Kuragin wrote:but tracker is probably the one role he could have that I would believe in the slightest. I'm inclined to give it a day and see what the "result" is.

In post 2467, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I don't see a tracker claim being true with what else we've had claimed and some of my own speculation that I don't think it's pro-town to analyze in thread.

What?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Wake1 »

Her actions add up if enough players are Scum-persuaded to not lynch her or use her claimed ability. In Mafia I've learned that talk is cheap and with experience it is incredibly easy to lie and make things up.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 am

In post 2477, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1621, Anatole Kuragin wrote:but tracker is probably the one role he could have that I would believe in the slightest. I'm inclined to give it a day and see what the "result" is.

In post 2467, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I don't see a tracker claim being true with what else we've had claimed and some of my own speculation that I don't think it's pro-town to analyze in thread.

What?

You know more claims have been made since I said that right?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:42 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2475, massive wrote:1983: Oh there's a blind Doogal vote. The amount of people voting for Jagged on one sentence of case is pretty ... impressive? What's the word I'm looking for there?

The word of the day is "scum-ridden".

s-c-u-m-r-i-d-d-e-n

That's why I'm questioning FakeGod on his confidence in this JA lynch, massive.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 am

I think my best chance of finding scum is out of the pool of: massive, Jagged Appliance, Doogal, and Anatole.
\

TTH, how is the wagon "scum-ridden" if three of the four people you recently said were likely scum are not on it? Also, FakeGod isn't on this list at all.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Wake1 »

If TTH doesn't die tonight, but someone else does, I'll be gunning for her tomorrow. Even if I'm right but now one else is aware yet, at least I'll have bragging rights for figuring it out first. If no kill happens I may be inclined to believe her.

But why would Scum allow a Mason-Neighbor to stay alive? Or a Vengeful Neighbor that could be a problem late game? Them not dying will betray their words this game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 am

In post 2482, Wake1 wrote:
But why would Scum allow a Mason-Neighbor to stay alive? Or a Vengeful Neighbor that could be a problem late game? Them not dying will betray their words this game.

Do you think it helps town to WIFOM this?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2483, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 2482, Wake1 wrote:

Do you think it helps town to WIFOM this?

It does. otherwise I'm left hoping the rest of you are self-aware on these potential discrepancies should I not survive Night 1.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2458, Jagged Appliance wrote:@Doogal, I replaced in, refused to push through either of the two static wagons and I'm opportunistic scum?

Surely you can understand why someone would have trouble reading this ridiculous game? I have seen almost no scumhunting or pushing from you either.

Ask BBT if I've been pushing.

In post 2465, Wake1 wrote:I'm taking a break from this game. The obvious manipulation is starting to piss me off. Why can't people step back, see the big picture, and see how and where all of the votes are being manipulated? Nope, we're gonna mislynch. Town majority almost always does that. And then I'm gonna tell you I told you so, and impart some well-deserved condescension towards those who rammed through a bad lynch.

I'll be back Day 2, unless someone explodes.

Wake, what do think of BBT running JA up to L-1 and then jumping off the wagon? And refusing to answer to why he did it? Wake, I agree that there is something going on in BBT/TTH land but I really think the time to figure out what is really going on is day 2. Do you disagree? Do you think that you would be able to get a BBT/TTH lynch to happen in the next 24 hours?
V/LA Weekends and Major Holidays.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2482, Wake1 wrote:If TTH doesn't die tonight, but someone else does, I'll be gunning for her tomorrow. Even if I'm right but now one else is aware yet, at least I'll have bragging rights for figuring it out first. If no kill happens I may be inclined to believe her.

Why? A, they are an easy mislynch if you stay alive and tunnel them and can get a couple more people on board and B: they only have one kill and 3 claimed PRs to go after. And, they could always take a gamble and go for an unclaimed person and see if they hit a PR. But that is all WIFOM.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2399, Flubbernugget wrote:Also, I'm refusing to read any more of Wake's walls.

I found this rather weird, too.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Wake1 »

If there is a Cop, DO NOT risk crumbing, unless absolutely worth it.

That's how BBT got nailed in that one Micro we were in.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

One of the things that bother me the most is that I've posted more than 377 posts (sans Csareo the most active player here), yet Rufflig, Flubber, massive, and Doogal all have less than 100 posts. I'm not counting Titus or Jagged because they replaced in later. The game has over 2,000 posts.

I know some say that activity and post count aren't indicative of alignment, but seriously, I'm supposed to turn a blind eye?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 2488, Wake1 wrote:If there is a Cop, DO NOT risk crumbing, unless absolutely worth it.

Perhaps the "don't crumb" idea would have been better posted before we got to 100 pages.
In post 2489, Wake1 wrote:One of the things that bother me the most is that I've posted more than 377 posts (sans Csareo the most active player here), yet Rufflig, Flubber, massive, and Doogal all have less than 100 posts. I'm not counting Titus or Jagged because they replaced in later. The game has over 2,000 posts.

I know some say that activity and post count aren't indicative of alignment, but seriously, I'm supposed to turn a blind eye?

You got into fights which is why your vote count is so high. Massive and myself I believe are contributing greatly in a small number of posts. Flubber I would classify as an active lurker and rufflig is almost disappeared.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2490, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 2488, Wake1 wrote:If there is a Cop, DO NOT risk crumbing, unless absolutely worth it.

Perhaps the "don't crumb" idea would have been better posted before we got to 100 pages.
In post 2489, Wake1 wrote:One of the things that bother me the most is that I've posted more than 377 posts (sans Csareo the most active player here), yet Rufflig, Flubber, massive, and Doogal all have less than 100 posts. I'm not counting Titus or Jagged because they replaced in later. The game has over 2,000 posts.

You got into fights which is why your vote count is so high. Massive and myself I believe are contributing greatly in a small number of posts. Flubber I would classify as an active lurker and rufflig is almost disappeared.

I prefer to call them small, inquisitory skirmishes. You have not seen me fight for the truth in this game yet. :D

In this particular game I feel quite at ease flexing my Town muscles as hard as I can.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@wake, I'd still love to hear about your viewpoint on BBT hoping off the JA wagon at L-1...
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2492, Doogal121 wrote:@wake, I'd still love to hear about your viewpoint on BBT hoping off the JA wagon at L-1...

I need quotes. References. I had to call the police last night because some jackass tried to run me off the road. My mind is around there, not on that particular facet of the game. Please give me those posts so you can help me help you.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:16 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2481, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
I think my best chance of finding scum is out of the pool of: massive, Jagged Appliance, Doogal, and Anatole.
\

TTH, how is the wagon "scum-ridden" if three of the four people you recently said were likely scum are not on it? Also, FakeGod isn't on this list at all.

I never said my vig pool matched up perfectly with my scumreads. When I say the wagon is scum-ridden, I'm specifically referring to somewhere in the (Rufflig, Boonskies, Flubbernugget, and Doogal) grouping.

If anyone's getting scum protection from wagons now, I think it's Boonskiies. And Doogal is doing an excellent job contributing to that. This post is probably what bothers me the most:
In post 2419, Doogal121 wrote:STAHP!!!! We are not bringing up another person to the noose to force them to claim. We have 5 claims already, pick one and hang them.

Firstly, let me discuss TTH vengeful ability. It is anti town. Period. Even if TTH lets everybody else discuss on who she uses it on, we still have to A: Kill a townie to use it and B: We lose all vote counts on the target and C: We have to make the decision on who to kill will less info then if we waited for the next noose to come by. I’d rather analyze all the flips first and then make smart decisions then just shoot randomly.

BBT: I’m having a real hard time with this claim HOWEVER I do not believe we should kill him now. If he is not lying, eventually we’ll have a counterclaim or possibly a night kill of his mason buddy that will make him confirmed town in my eyes.

Csareo-Titus: VT claim, seems townie, waiting to see more for Titus and looking forward to doing VCA.

Boons: Tracker claim is somewhat reasonable, let’s see what happens tonight.

Jagged: VT Claim, doesn’t seem townie, let’s hang him sooner rather than later

@Green, BBT, TTH Seriously? Another wagon? Come on!!!!! (Jagged, I forgive you for jumping on this for self preservation purposes)

With the amount of "trouble" Doog claims to have with the BBT claim (which is 100%
instantly
verifiable), I'm absolutely stunned that all he has to say about Boonskiies is that his claim is "reasonable."
Boon's
claim is completely unverifiable until later, there's an easy escape hatch ("I tracked (so-and-so) and s/he didn't go anywhere"), and even if we
can
verify that Boon is actually a tracker, that doesn't mean he's town-aligned.

With all the conspiracy theories about BBT and I floating around the thread, it's positively mind-boggling that all the skepticism gets lost somewhere when it comes to Boonskiies' claim. Where's the black hole drawing in all the "nipping curiosity" when it comes to examining Boon's claim?
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@ Wake: This sums up most of it. He voted on Saturday and jumped off to the AK wagon on Sunday as JA was at L-1
In post 2438, Doogal121 wrote:
In post 554, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So, here's where I'm at right now;

Town

AK
Rufflig
Massive
Wake
---------
TTH
Flubber
Csareo

Null

GreyICE
Doogal121
Rambler

Scum

scrambles
Boonskiies

One of my null reads is prob scum as well.

Tell me how AK went from your top town read to scum.

In post 957, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Associative reads are bad with no flips. Just saying.

Great, lets lynch serrated dishwasher and get some associative reads.
In post 2038, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, well I don't know what the fuck to do.

I can jump on a JA wagon if that's what we need.

PEdit - No, I don't know what you mean FG

So, you are OK with hanging JA on Saturday
In post 2231, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Jagged Appliance

And you make the vote. WHY DID YOU GET OFF THIS WAGON?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:19 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Doogal
: Do you think BBT is faking the mason claim? Yes or no?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:19 am

Post by massive »

Going quickly back to 1998: While I'm not crazy about being the target, I like TTH's head in this. She's already stated that she's having trouble reading me, and this firms up one "unknown" for her. Unfortunately she's dead, so it doesn't necessarily help the rest of the town. But at least she's thinking her role through and not just blanket pointing a gun at BBT or something.

2003:
Wake
: "I am townreading csareo at the moment." I have no idea how you can think BBT is gambiting, call FakeGod possible scum, and then come back with this. There's a huuuuuuuuuge disconnect there.

2013, 2014. I can't even. Here I'll just quote them.

In post 2013, Wake1 wrote:Should TTH flip Scum, I will focus on FG.

In post 2014, Csareo wrote:If TTH flips scum, I'll focus on BBT. I think he's yakuza.

If TTH is scum, why on earth does she even say anything at all? Why claim in that situation? She's already said she's a neighbor and there appears to be no pressure at all aside from you two goobers. While we can talk about the timing of her claim, and if it was necessary, there's absolutely nothing there to point to her being scum. ESPECIALLY if you believe BBT to be scum, which you two do.

2020:
Wake
: aaaaaaand this is the point where I think I must start looking back at my Wake read.

2037:
FakeGod
: "Scum do not claim vengeful near the deadline asking to be lynched." THIS

2052:
Csareo
: "This is what happens in nearly every game. Scum look for a demanding character, and latch on to him like fleas." Referring to FakeGod. So then why aren't you voting for one of the people sheeping FG here? Why aren't you at least inquiring along this line rather than (yet again) moving your vote back to BBT?

[two pages of Wake and BBT and Csareo not understanding the whole pot-meet-kettle dynamic between them]

Man it must have been frustrating to be a part of that. I mean, the logic for wanting to keep TTH alive is easily understood, right? Why waste a lynch on a townie when you can lynch scum instead? Why the heck is Wake so keen to use TTH's vengeful ability? Why is he less enchanted with BBT's mason ability? It seems like the mason is way more valuable than the vengeful.

2148:
Wake
: She claimed it WITH THE INTENTION OF IT BEING VERIFIABLE. How are you reading her posts and not comprehending that?

2173:
TTH
: WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

PREVIEW OH GREAT ANOTHER FIVE PAGES
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:20 am

I agree 100% about boon's claim, TTH but I think doogal is town.

I'm more inclined to believe the mason/neighbor and maybe even the vengeful claim, and if all of those are true, it kinda paints a picture for the design philosophy of the game and I don't think tracker fits.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 2497, massive wrote:2173: TTH: WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

ooooooo You're so funny, massive. You can make Anchorman references. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”