AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also heads up, Im flying to LA tomorrow for Easter and then Kenttucky for a week, so I might be really limited access for the rest of the Day phase. I also will be semi-LA until about 10 days from now, but around.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Titan »

ffery - I think that part of what you've been saying about your play this game and not being in the same envelope or whatever should address the way you town block. You have a tendency to town block people thinking just like you, and you think that's the only people you can work with. Which is wonderful if you actually have scum nailed and are town reading the correct people, but if you're not then you create a block of people who are just reinforcing erroneous reads and congratulating each other rather than looking at the game in different ways. It *is* possible to work with people who are reading the game differently than you do, and any really functional town block would be beneficial to have people who come to the game from different perspectives but can work with other people to avoid the confirmation bias that comes with everyone reading the game in the same way.

(a bunch of htat grammatically probably doesn't make sense, I warned everyone about cupcake and coffee combo though, so!)
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Titan »

And yeah, I"m skimming the rest of that shit. 20 pages was created in 24 hours and most of it is mastin/ap.

AP - It's not out of the ordinary for scum to throw up a humongous argument like you and Mastin did and thinking you guys might be bussing isn't inherently anti-town. I've gotten into a beautiful argument with more than one scum partner and cross bussed in such a way that it left one of us clear after the other got lynched.

So, in that regard, I can't see why you would think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that town would get worried about that. And though you and Mastin did argue for many many pages upon pages and pages, you still seemed pretty ready to position yourself onto PV at the end of it all, and especially in that regard it looks suspicious.

And here's the thing, I *could* see just changing your minds. Mastin do you remember good v evil? Zdenek and I were locked in a two-week long wall war tunnel, and I very nearly got him mislynched, but at the last minute, about 24 hours before deadline, I jumped off that train because something struck me as town and I realized i had been wrong all along. But people pushed that as suspicious, as we were scum caught in theater that went too far, but it wasn't.

But, I don't see the point when either one of you had a lightbulb moment and realized you were wrong. I can almost see a direction to compromise elsewhere, and that does look suspicious.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 2448, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2446, Titan wrote:...I kinda want to lynch Angry Pigeon.
:cry:
:(

I know, I'd love for us to be on the same side for once, I'm just not there with thinking you are.
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2452, Titan wrote:It's not out of the ordinary for scum to throw up a humongous argument like you and Mastin did and thinking you guys might be bussing isn't inherently anti-town.
It's not the action, it's the way it was done. Circumstances. Also, it's the players doing it; if you know the history behind us, then you'd know the context for why it's impossible.
Mastin do you remember good v evil?
Only being despised at the disgusting chaotic good players (aside from Regfan) and deeply impressed by the lawful good ones. And that I lost because of the LG ones (I 1v1'd Nacho!), not the CG ones. And that MoS getting nightkilled was very bad. Other than that, not really.
But, I don't see the point when either one of you had a lightbulb moment and realized you were wrong.
Because none exists. It wasn't so much us realizing we were wrong so much as us realizing we COULD be wrong. Believe me. Assuming town, AP feels the same way as I do on this: we'll need to sort each other later. Our fight wasn't resolved, so much as postponed and morphed into reluctant :igmeou: stares as we shake hands but keep eyeing for daggers aimed for our back.

(Well, neck in my case. :P)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

That is the coffee talking tammy. Don't let it role block you :)
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

If you guys know each other oh so well, then especially since y'all are not quite townreading each other, won't y'all want to sort each other soon?
Why put it off to tomorrow? The damage is already done in this thread anyway.
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

Nirvana, Goddess of Battle. Revolution!

Hydra of Aegina, Luciana, and Yggdra.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2456, Yggdra Union wrote:If you guys know each other oh so well, then especially since y'all are not quite townreading each other, won't y'all want to sort each other soon?
Why put it off to tomorrow? The damage is already done in this thread anyway.
Because there's literally one day until deadline.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

-Luciana
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2454, MastinSSK wrote:Only being despised at the disgusting chaotic good players (aside from Regfan) and deeply impressed by the lawful good ones. And that I lost because of the LG ones (I 1v1'd Nacho!), not the CG ones.
(BTW, since I felt like reminiscing. The mechanic of the game was two towns in one, three scum each. The towns didn't have to win together, nor the scum. The chaotic good players only cared about killing lawful evil players and were as selfish as could be. The lawful good players were, throughout the entirety of the game, trying to figure out the best way both towns could win, and they paid for it with their lives; nearly every single NK that game was on a lawful good player for good reason. I considered the lawful good team to be worthy opponents, and was glad to have fought them. Heck, I was proud to have gotten my town into a 4p mylo against such players! The chaotic good players, on the other hand, cruised to victory not off of skill, but by selfishly worrying about preservation and such. Aside from Regfan, nobody on that team truly deserved the win, as I remember it, because they put zero effort into winning, whereas LG players quite literally put 200% into winning.)
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Titan »

Yggdra - Do you have any thoughts?

I'm assuming this is pieguyn and gif?
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 2459, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 2454, MastinSSK wrote:Only being despised at the disgusting chaotic good players (aside from Regfan) and deeply impressed by the lawful good ones. And that I lost because of the LG ones (I 1v1'd Nacho!), not the CG ones.
(BTW, since I felt like reminiscing. The mechanic of the game was two towns in one, three scum each. The towns didn't have to win together, nor the scum. The chaotic good players only cared about killing lawful evil players and were as selfish as could be. The lawful good players were, throughout the entirety of the game, trying to figure out the best way both towns could win, and they paid for it with their lives; nearly every single NK that game was on a lawful good player for good reason. I considered the lawful good team to be worthy opponents, and was glad to have fought them. Heck, I was proud to have gotten my town into a 4p mylo against such players! The chaotic good players, on the other hand, cruised to victory not off of skill, but by selfishly worrying about preservation and such. Aside from Regfan, nobody on that team truly deserved the win, as I remember it, because they put zero effort into winning, whereas LG players quite literally put 200% into winning.)
That was my first completed game on this site! (My other game was eaten by tigers :( )
Half troll/Half wall.

Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

I didnt read the thread since I posted my readlist bc since then I threw my hands in the air and was like "fuck this game".

This hydraing is my last resort of attemping to stay in this game and force myself to motivate self. With that said, I guess I could state my stance again.

I think all of the neighbors are town. CF is so bloody transparent in the neighbor thread (migrated from QT!) that it hurts.
I cant read nacho worth a ______ so I'm sheeping my neighbor on that one.
BRO slot I tthink they obvtowned themselves after the gladiator thing.

I was gonna go over 3dice's game at some point but I havent got motivation to do so yet.
Yggdra doesn't like how RBD handled the counterclaim and is willing to "test his hated claim".

Those are the most interesting reads I can think of right now.

-L

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2461, Titan wrote:That was my first completed game on this site! (My other game was eaten by tigers :( )
Oh, and part of the reminiscing I did was look at the mafia QT for my faction. I made some really, really long walls which were actually fairly insightful, for the time.
In post 2462, Yggdra Union wrote:I think all of the neighbors are town. CF is so bloody transparent in the neighbor thread (migrated from QT!) that it hurts.
So paraphrase it, goddammit.

(Oh, and speaking of the neighborhood. I'd actually love to be neighborized. Which players shouldn't fear--I'm a master of QT manipulation*, not thread manipulation, meaning even if I was scum, I'd be less competent!)

* Hey, AP. I want to see you grumbling in a certain place's postgame. :cool:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2463, MastinSSK wrote:(Oh, and speaking of the neighborhood. I'd actually love to be neighborized. Which players shouldn't fear--I'm a master of QT manipulation*, not thread manipulation, meaning even if I was scum, I'd be less competent!)

* Hey, AP. I want to see you grumbling in a certain place's postgame.
You did kind of own me and Empking in Paranoia mafia. Although I was basically 100% determined to sheep GreyICE's pick once I was 100% sure that he wasnt bastardly just the Mafia Don himself. Cause GI was putting in all the effort.

Im not really in a grumbly mood right now? Im actually feeling a little blissful now that we've entered the post-apocalyptic era of us this game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh and the move to private topics over QTs was probably a mod decision to nerf mastin :P
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

One of these days Im going to just mod a bastard game where I assign roles to everyone who /ins as I please and make mastin a Serial Killer Neighborizer
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2466, AngryPidgeon wrote:One of these days Im going to just mod a bastard game where I assign roles to everyone who /ins as I please and make mastin a Serial Killer Neighborizer
Been a serial killer once.
(Didn't go so well. To be fair, it was xReck as a dirty scumbag who got me lynched.)
Been a neighborizer once. (Didn't go so well, never got to use it. Because it was a JOAT power and I used the cop first and...the town lynched me before my guilty. Guess who won THAT game.)
Encountered a neighborizing-SK once. (Thor, if you're curious.)
Didn't go well for him. (Not exactly well for me, either, since scum won that game.)

Guess it really WOULD be Bastard.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

(Side-note, but there's basically nothing I haven't either seen, been, or experienced. With the MASSIVE number of games I've been in, combined with me having read a TON I never was in--especially during my year-long hiatus--means that I'm well-versed on basically nearly every famous role, famous mechanic, and famous game. There are a few I haven't read, but I've read more than I haven't.)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

(Oh, and famous player, too. If a scummer's been around in a game since 2009--ANY game, really--they're more likely to have encountered me than not.)
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

In post 2463, MastinSSK wrote:So paraphrase it, goddammit.
I'd rather not for reasons.
But then, if I was lying about it, the other neighbors will stone me in-thread so

Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

Also just for fun

@AP, Mastin

Remember the buzzword bingo micro?
The miller cc happened there too.

Compare the Syryana's reaction to my miller cc and RBD's reaction to CF's miller cc.
What do you think?

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

THE PROBLEM.
IS THAT.
THE MAIN REASONS FOR CARBON BEING TOWN.
ARE QT(/thread) DEPENDENT.

It's not about lying. It's about how Carbon's in-thread presence makes no sense, yet everyone inside the neighborhood is insisting that the content there is insanely town. Yet we've got nothing, no paraphrase, to help us see that trajectory that is town.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

hey
ffery, orci, nacho was in there too!

Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

In post 2472, MastinSSK wrote:THE PROBLEM.
IS THAT.
THE MAIN REASONS FOR CARBON BEING TOWN.
ARE QT(/thread) DEPENDENT.

It's not about lying. It's about how Carbon's in-thread presence makes no sense, yet everyone inside the neighborhood is insisting that the content there is insanely town. Yet we've got nothing, no paraphrase, to help us see that trajectory that is town.
Trust in GIF.
Your problem is now solved.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”