Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Pads hiphop
Pads ( 2 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) popsofctown
Total Votes ( 5 )

With 5 alive, 3 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 16th, 11am EST

Essentially they can't push a unified theory and most of their points hinge on assumptions about mine or Pops alignments. Their only point is 'active lurking' and if I have to I'll go back through Pad's PBPA of me which I haven't done before and contest all the places I think he's stretching. I didn't do that before because I thought he was town at the time, but it's clear at this point he isn't.

Vote Pads
for good measure.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Pads »

Lay it down, Pops.

I'm eager to see the roles and night actions.

Final guess is Shotty and Pops.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

Actually pops before you lay it down I'd like to see Shotty's final rebuke.

Believe it or not I'm still worried some about Shotty so I'm not letting him off the hook THAT easy.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Pads hiphop
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) popsofctown
Total Votes ( 5 )

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Tomorrow then, I have class in the morning and the deadline isn't till the 16th, no rush.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

SpyreX wrote:I'm still working on the pads but, for the sake of discussion, lets follow that thought process:

You think I'm town.
You are town.
One other is town.
You also think the scum aren't bussing.
We are assuming 2 scum are left.

It requires all three of said town to lynch a scum.

Of the three not discussed two (other than you) have professed desire to lynch someone that is not either you nor I.

Therefore, by nature, the person that is desired to lynch would be... town!

And, process of elimination says the two lynching would be the scum.

Whoa

I get it now.

My feeling that you are town is much stronger than the difference between Pads' and Shotty's independent scumminess, so I'm going to follow this logic and hope it's crazy enough to work. (though, tbh, it's pretty sturdy).

-Intention to vote Pads-
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Pads »

Ya know, despite the fact that he basically stopped playing the game three days ago, I can no longer ignore that The Big Book of Behavioral Analysis is telling me that Shotty's reactions to me are pretty reasonable and understandable, especially considering he wasn't playing much before that.

So then, what's going on that's
not
reasonable and understandable?

Well, let's see... how about, two players forming a single hive mind, double voter? That's certainly what seems to be going on with SpyreX and Pops, who has stated he doesn't want to vote different than SpyreX. I gotta think both of these players know better than to do this with someone who's alignment they don't know. And that makes me wonder if they do know.

I also think, in general, in a game with multiple scum left over at lynch or lose, the scum are talking to each other, getting an idea of what they're all thinking, so they can slip onto the same wagon, with as little suspicion as possible. And in this game, I gotta think that's especially true, since the game doesn't end at the moment of the hammer, so the scum have to be really careful not to arise suspicion.

That would explain Pops asking SpyreX for a case on me, if Pops is scum, regardless of SpyreX's alignment.

But I wonder, could it really be that simple? Could the Pops-SpyreX handholding have gone past 'too obvious to be scum' and landed at 'so anti-town that it can only be scum'? It certainly comes to mind. Compare it to my relationship with Hiphop. I think he's town and I think he's scumhunting. But at no point do I feel I need his approval to put my vote on someone, and I seriously doubt a townPops would feel this way either.

I have no delusions of victory at this point. My only goal is to try and have my vote on a scum when the end comes.

unvote: Shotty to the Body

vote: popsofctown

I don't expect this to come to fruition, of course. SpyreX will never join this wagon, and likely I've alienated Shotty too much for him to even consider it if he's town.

At any rate, I'm sure this will hasten Pops' action, and we can all move on with life.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Have you seen Pads latest post? It proves he's scum.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Pads: 3 townies need to vote the scum today, unless there's a bus. Shotty's lynch was coming together, yet one of the people I strongly think is town (a conviction i guess i'm not allowed to have about anyone?) wasn't with me. That meannt either scum was bussing (shotty's not near that desperate), Spyrex is scum (nah), or that I suck at scumhunting (highly likely).

And I ask everyone for cases. I can't understand why they are right or wrong if i don't hear about them. If they're flawed, I need to defend the target, if it's right, i need to vote the scum.

That post i quoted from spyrex was a lightbulb perception of how the votecount had shown a spotlight on the scum. I'm feeling confident about this game for once.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Pads »

Heh.

If I'm scum, then I'm either going for a bus of my partner Shotty for townie points, or I'm trying to mislynch Shotty for the win.

There's virtually no chance that I switch my vote away from that L-1 target to the person who has yet to lay their vote down, if I'm scum. If I know the alignments, it's subpar play either way.

All that's left is that I must be a townie putting his vote where I think it belongs.

And don't misrepresent. Of course you're allowed to think someone is town. But to have such a strong read on someone else's town-ness that it suppresses the value you keep for your own reads and opinions? You haven't needed anyone else all game. Why, all of a sudden do you dismiss a, by your own words, reasonable and logical scumhunting case along with your read of me as a genuine scum hunter and instead let a gut instinct-borne flight of fancy (no scum bussing) and a townie read on someone determine your actions?

I think it's because you're scum, buttering up townSpyreX. And, frankly, I think if he is town, his enjoyment of your approval is going to lose us the game.

SpyreX has had me as his number one suspect since either Day 1 or Day 2. And it's been clear for three or four days that he's not going to consider a non-scum Pads option. There's no way I let him survive to lynch or lose if I'm scum. As obvious as the kill might be, leaving alive a townie that's going to absolutely, positively going to vote my lynch or lose is by far, a worse alternative.

But, regardless of who's town, I can't get three votes on you, Pops. So just end it, please.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I find it funny that Pads is calling US the scumteam now for handholding yet, somehow, the bizarro world relationship he's had with hiphop is aok.

...and last I checked Pops asked me for a case because he was planning on voting for Shotty? Woohoo hivemind there.

THAT SAID, I still want that case from Shotty before anything happens. No way in hell am I going to let that skate and let who was one of the cross-votes be the deciding factor.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Pads »

Actually, SpyreX, although I'm considering the possibility of the SpyreX-Pops scumteam, my last post indicates that I still think it's Shotty-Pops.

And if I'm down to considering Shotty-Pops versus SpyreX-Pops, then where does my vote belong? On the common element, of course. Hence my switch.

Do hiphop and I even have a relationship? Sure, we've agreed on a few things lately. But it's not much next to the handholding you and Pops are doing. And we certaintly aren't checking with each other to make sure it's okay before we lay down our votes.

And Pops was deciding who to vote for, between Shotty and I. He's mentioned going either way several times today. At no point h ave I felt that his vote on Shotty was imminent.

And a correction to my grammatical trainwreck above:
Pads wrote: As obvious as the kill might be, leaving alive a townie that's going to absolutely, positively going to vote my lynch or lose is by far, a worse alternative.
As obvious as the kill might be, leaving alive a townie that's going to absolutely, positively vote for me at lynch or lose is, by far, a worse alternative.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Far worse than having fhq who, although not CONFIRMED(TM), wasn't going to garner any votes AND called you out at scum in his last post?

And you're painting today as pops himming between you two?
Pads: He really scumhunts, to be honest. But I tend not to agree with bunches of it. Doesn't give me a good gut feeling when I read his posts, but on paper, he plays the game more than any living player it seems.
Shotty to the Body: I shouldn't have voted Sotty. "Defenses are overrated", and he active lurked this game. What scumhunting he does do isn't that impressive. I think this game I need to ignore my gut and favor Shotty rather than Pads.
I'm going to vote shotty, but I'm gonna wait for a some discussion first.
Spyrex, can I have the top 5 scummy things Pads has done? As a refresher. Yes I could dig, but restatement always comes differently and sometimes good comes of it.

Also, what are your objections to Shotty lynch?
I don't think any player is under so much pressure that scum will bus either.
Hm.

From my PoV, I expect Spyrex, me, and some other player who is actually town to lynch scum. I'm not sure I can lynch Shotty without Spyrex on board.
Yea that sure looks like it wasn't me actively trying to get him to look at what I was saying versus going with his inital gut on Shotty.
pads wrote:Do hiphop and I even have a relationship? Sure, we've agreed on a few things lately. But it's not much next to the handholding you and Pops are doing. And we certaintly aren't checking with each other to make sure it's okay before we lay down our votes.
Here's the deal though. Most of the game I've been fairly confident on pops being town.

Most of the game you had mr.hop on that scummy list.

Until, really, we hit that bizarro 6 people left nolynching madness that was the two of you. And today it's been Shotty-Pops or Shotty-SpyreX or even Pops-Spyrex... but n'er hiphop.

So, yea, pops may have tricked me for
most of the game
and if thats the case GG. However, that doesn't make the klaxons ring like this new actual "team doublevote" that has been you and hiphop yesterday and today/
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What's a klaxon?

Give me one.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Pads »

SpyreX wrote: Far worse than having fhq who, although not CONFIRMED(TM), wasn't going to garner any votes AND called you out at scum in his last post?

And you're painting today as pops himming between you two?
Yes, SpyreX. For me as scum, the right play is still to kill you, especially considering that you also probably weren't going to garner any votes AND you called me out as scum. I look bad either way.

But, there was a chance that Fhq would vote someone else. Nothing in the last three or four days indicates that you were going to do anything other than vote me today. There's no way I leave you alive if I'm scum.

In fact, if I was scum, it'd be Xyl or RedCoyote standing here today, not you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Who? Towards the end of it FHQ was hard on two people - you and hiphop.

Versus me who's wanted two of you dead - you and shottyja.

With the way things have been playing out if you're scum which one of those even if you shift has a net gain?

And there's always that chance that somehow they buy into the whole I'm a lyncher business you were trying to peddle.

One other thing sticks out though... why Xyl or RC and not Hit? He died the same night as Xyl and I'm pretty sure we never knew who did it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) hiphop
popsofctown ( 1 ) Pads
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) popsofctown
Total Votes ( 5 )

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Unless Pads killed fhq because deadSpyrex would appear to be a Pads kill.

Wait, is it the wine in front of me or the wine across the table?
"Well, I..."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Sigh I don't know how I see this now. Either Pads scum has decided he can't get a lynch on me and is backpedaling for a lynch on pops with my help or Pads town is rethinking his position after consideration. I need to think this over.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

does it look like a frog in an armchair or a frog in a frying pan Shotty? I know how his recent posts come off to me.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by Pads »

All that instigating from the sidelines looks like fun, Pops.

Let's see. Last three posts have been fluff, a bucket of WIFOM, and, lord help us, another kitchen metaphor. (btw, a quick look in the Big Book of Behavioral Analysis reveals that frogs in frying pans don't say 'hurry up and be done with it')

But no vote? I admit, the delay is kinda odd.

If you're scum, and Shotty is town, I don't know why you wouldn't have already hammered him. And I'm not totally sure why you haven't hammered me yet.

I wonder if you're treading very carefully to not irk SpyreX and making sure not to break his rules (wait for Shotty's rebuttal, don't change votes after the hammer, etc..)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm in favor of taking any discussion needed before the day ends in any game I play, Pads. I play to win, and discussion helps the town.

Spyrex, do you want to wait until Shotty decides what to do with himself?
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

Pads sure does make it hard for me to want to wait, but yes.

Shotty needs to address post 2000. For reals.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by hiphop »

I don't understand you pads. What happened to the part of pops being scum based off of shotty. Wouldn't that make shotty be more likely scum than pops? Yet you change your vote to pops saying you have a better chance of hitting scum??? I am not going to chase you. It would be best to put your vote back on Shotty. Perhaps spyrex would see the light and help out. As far as I can see spyrex will more likely vote shotty than pops.

Spyrex what do you think? As far as you can see pops did not vote shotty, after yesterday saying shotty was the better lynch. Remember spyrex we need all townies to vote scum. With you out, we will lose.

As for the pops buddying, well... out of the four people left, he has had friendly words with two of them, but not with you(pads) or me.

Pops since spyrex hasn't shown a inkling to vote shotty, you might as well as end the misery now. I don't understand why spyrex wants to wait. Either pads is:
a) town and, if there are two scum left, scum win.
or b) scum, pads is dead, so the info is useless.

Spyrex if you made up your mind already, why wait? I have never been in lylo before (out of ten games), and I believe you are making the mistake, by voting pads.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by hiphop »

I don't understand you pads. What happened to the part of pops being scum based off of shotty. Wouldn't that make shotty be more likely scum than pops? Yet you change your vote to pops saying you have a better chance of hitting scum??? I am not going to chase you. It would be best to put your vote back on Shotty. Perhaps spyrex would see the light and help out. As far as I can see spyrex will more likely vote shotty than pops.

Spyrex what do you think? As far as you can see pops did not vote shotty, after yesterday saying shotty was the better lynch. Remember spyrex we need all townies to vote scum. With you out, we will lose.

As for the pops buddying, well... out of the four people left, he has had friendly words with two of them, but not with you(pads) or me.

Pops since spyrex hasn't shown a inkling to vote shotty, you might as well as end the misery now. I don't understand why spyrex wants to wait. Either pads is:
a) town and, if there are two scum left, scum win.
or b) scum, pads is dead, so the info is useless.

Spyrex if you made up your mind already, why wait? I have never been in lylo before (out of ten games), and I believe you are making the mistake, by voting pads.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”