Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Day 2

You wake up and head back to the lounge of the Nova Fortis, only to find your number decreased. Coron is missing.

You head back to his room to find him. You find his corpse, his head having exploded around his cabin. A quick search of his room leads to the discovery of diplomatic papers and agendas for various meetings with the Planetary Alliance.

Coron, the
Imperial Ambassador
has been killed.

The aliens, Aelyn, Lubabah, Nightfall and Norinel, win!

Roles to follow.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Coron - Imperial Ambassador
You are the ambassador to the alien races. The Imperial conclave has decreed that you are to protected at all costs, and to this end have put two covert operatives on this journey. These are HezLucky and Wallsy, and you may talk with them during the night cycle on board ship. Should you die, the good side will lose, although Wallsy is your bodyguard who will protect you with his life if it is necessary.

Hezlucky - Imperial Covert Operative
You are a covert operative, assigned by the Imperial Conclave to protect the ambassador at all costs. Your partner is Wallsy, and you may communicate with him during the night cycle, along with the ambassador himself, Coron. In addition, you have been given instructions to hunt down anyone who may harm the ambassador, and may kill one person on board ship each night, although you don't have to.

Wallsy - Imperial Covert Operative
You are a covert operative, assigned by the Imperial Conclave to protect the ambassador at all costs. Your partner is HezLucky, and you may communicate with him during the night cycle, along with the ambassador himself, Coron. In addition, you have been given orders to protect the ambassador with your life. Should someone try to kill the ambassador at night, you will be killed instead to protect him.

mepmuff - Human Captain
You are the captain of the Nova Fortis. Although the ambassador's passage on board was kept discrete, you are aware of his purpose. You also know that in two days time, the Nova Fortis will travel through a radiation belt, and that anyone who does not vote, or votes no lynch at the end of day two will not be within the radiation shielded region on the ship, and will be killed that night by the radiation.

n_lich - Human Ship's Physician
You are the ship's physician. You are bound by honour and oaths to minimise bloodshed on board, and to that end can visit one person each night to attempt to protect them, or heal them if they are wounded.

Tam - Human Latent Psychic
You are a regular passenger on board ship. However, you have latent psychic powers that surface when you are feeling particularly violent. When you vote someone at the end of a day, during the night, you will be given a vision of the person you voted, which may indicate their allegiances.

olio - Human Engineer
You are an engineer on board the Nova Fortis. While boarding was underway, you were looking at the passenger list. To your surprise it listed an Imperial ambassador as staying in cabin 5, the room occupied by Wallsy.

ogre - Human Witch Doctor
You are a regular passenger on board the Nova Fortis. You also practice a little witch doctoring, learnt on a rather backward planet you visited a few years back. You know a few practical magicks, that may protect the target. However, the result are a little unpredictable, ranging from protecting the target from all harm, to only working if performed well in advance, to doing very little. You may use your magicks on one person each night.
Mod note: Roll 1D10 twice: 1-4: protect, 5-6: reveal self as innocent, 7: investigates target, 8: protects tomorrow night, 9-0: nothing

Aelyn - Alien Shotteriser
Nightfall - Alien Choperiser
Norinel - Alien Sliceriser
You are a <Shotteriser/Choperiser/Sliceriser>, a hideous alien, bent on stopping the alliance between the Imperial conclave and the alien races. You are on board ship, along with <partner one> and <partner two> to stop the ambassador reaching his destination. To this end, you may kill one player at night over the entire journey, as may the other aliens. These kills may all be on the same night, or spread out, as you decide as a group. You are also lead to believe another alien is on board who you may communicate at night with, once they have let themselves be known to you. You may also communicate at night with the other aliens from the start.

Lubabah - Alien Sensoriser
You are a Sensoreriser, a hideous alien, bent on stopping the alliance between the Imperial conclave and the alien races. You are on board ship, along with three other aliens. However, you are unsure of who they are. You do however have a rather fancy set of senses, and so each night may pick a passenger to sniff, to see if they have the smell of alien, the odour of human, or the stink of upper class Imperial. You may communicate at night with your fellow aliens, once you discover who they are. You may also kill one person at night over the course of the entire journey, either before or after you have found your fellow aliens.

Night choices to follow.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Night 1

HezLucky: Kill n_lich
Nightfall: Kill HezLucky
Aelyn: Kill Ogre
Norinel: Kill Coron
redirected to Wallsy by Wallsy's ability

Ogre: Target n_lich
Lubabah: Investigate Coron
n_lich: protect Aelyn

Results:
n_lich protected night 2
HezLucky, orge, Wallsy killed
Lubabah informed Coron is Imperial

Night 2

Lubabah: Kill Coron
n_lich: protect Tam

Results:
Coron killed
Tam informed Coron is Imperial (vote ability)
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:28 pm

Post by Changling bob »

A few comments:

First off, thanks to everyone for playing! It was definitely an interesting game...

The first night action I got in was a vig kill aimed at the doc, which was mildly worrying, then the scum firestorm happend :shock:. I wasn't expecting that play, as it left the scum at the mercy of lynches to kill Coron. But then again, it certainly made it tense.

Big_kahunia looked over the setup for me, suggesting some very good modifications: mostly the addition of a bodyguard role. In retrospect, a
very
good idea, otherwise the game would've been stupid short. He also pointed out that town could win just by the ambassador claiming and getting doc protection, no lynching, and the scum would have to stab in the dark to get the doc, wasting their restricted number of kills. As it was, the second night was a game of cat and mouse between the two remaining night abilities: n_lich had to guess who scum might kill, and Lubabah had to guess if there was a doc and who they would target if there was.

But anyway, thoughts, comments and suggestions would be appriciated. I'm thinking of running a sequal to this at some point, but obviously there are a few balance issues still. And thanks again to everyone who played, to big_kahunia for having a look over the setup, and to Seol for watching over the thread while I've been away.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by Coron »

What was N_lynch thinking?! Ouch. This game was interesting and I think that if it had worked out differently we wouldn't have been so screwed.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by olio »

Sorry to say Coron, but you pretty much lost this game for the town. :( You didn't vote for Aelyn even though he was one from lynch as well as you claimed Ambassador very early on.

Maybe n_lich was thinking following:
I have Coron voting on me. I know I'm innocent and if Coron really would be an ambassador, why doesn't he finish Aelyn off?

I really see no good reason why you didn't vote Aelyn. What were you thinking?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:28 am

Post by Nightfall »

Death to the Imperial Conclave!
Good game guys. :wink:
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:58 am

Post by N_lich »

The fact that I was still not 100% convinced by Coron's claim and the general situation after missing the lynch meant I felt it best to try and get a successful protect rather than just "playing safe". I therefore randomised bewteen Coron and Tam (still biasing towards Coron). Unfortunately it backfired so sorry town :(

Game Critique:

1. Seems to depend too much on how night actions pan out rather than play during the day e.g. if scum shoot the sensoriser or the mason group survives intact they seem in deep trouble, alternatively other scenarios leave the town in trouble. Game can potentially be over night 1!!!!
2. Should the kill methods be the same (as is gives somewhat misleading impression)
3. Not sure of the kill none-voters with radiation mechanic at first glance
4. What's with the rebels (ties-in to point 2)
5. Very interesting
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:04 am

Post by N_lich »

The fact that I was still not 100% convinced by Coron's claim and the general situation after missing the lynch meant I felt it best to try and get a successful protect rather than just "playing safe". I therefore randomised bewteen Coron and Tam (still biasing towards Coron). Unfortunately it backfired so sorry town :(

Game Critique:

1. Seems to depend too much on how night actions pan out rather than play during the day e.g. if scum shoot the sensoriser or the mason group survives intact they seem in deep trouble, alternatively other scenarios leave the town in trouble. Game can potentially be over night 1!!!!
2. Should the kill methods be the same (as is gives somewhat misleading impression)
3. Not sure of the kill none-voters with radiation mechanic at first glance
4. What's with the rebels (ties-in to point 2)
5. Very interesting
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”